Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I like her and have declared her my new TV girlfriend. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

People liked that annoying stoner guy with oversized shirts why do they hate this woman.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Groovelord Neato posted:

People liked that annoying stoner guy with oversized shirts why do they hate this woman.
That guy was just pretend-slow, this lady is ~lol wacky random~ which is annoying as piss.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Groovelord Neato posted:

That guy sucked too but in a different way

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Flagrant Abuse posted:

That guy was just pretend-slow, this lady is ~lol wacky random~ which is annoying as piss.

Eating up time on easy daily doubles so the game ends with two whole categories not touched is annoying as gently caress.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I hope she keeps winning forever. So much better than Robot Contestant #47172

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Oh no not someone with personality!!

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Personality is good as long as it's a good personality. Colby was great. This lady is not.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Retail Slave posted:

I like her and have declared her my new TV girlfriend. :colbert:

I saw her first! :argh:

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009
I honestly came here to see if she was a goon. That was the first thing I thought when she opened her mouth.

e: for fucks sake she is so drat goony

david duchovny fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 18, 2015

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This chick is the female equivalent of the guy who brought a acoustic guitar everywhere he went in college

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I was taking a nap right before Jeopardy aired today, missed the contestant intros by Johnny Gilbert, did Jennifer do anything cuh-razy this time around? Was still a bit groggy when the show started, so I wasn't playing much attention to the interview, except I remember Alex was speechless after Julia's response to his prompt, which I forgot what it referenced. Jennifer's had something to do with Mel Brooks, right? Still loving her, she brings an energy to the game. And some of the banter she has with Alex is great.

Also, was it just me or did Julia lead every prompt Trebek gave her to pick the next clue with the phrase "All right"? I distinctly remember noticing that. Maybe that's why they left so many clues on the board during the Jeopardy round?

For Final, I thought Elizabeth Cady Stanton for some reason. Got the wrong famous American suffragette, I guess...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 24, 2015

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Colonial Air Force posted:

I saw her first! :argh:

I think Alex has you both beat.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

zakharov posted:

Oh no not someone with personality!!

Exactly. She's awesome and I hope she wins forever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahah I just caught up on the last few episode sand any of you who don't think she's annoying as poo poo are the gooniest dumbest shits alive. loving Alex encouraging that poo poo.

david duchovny posted:

I honestly came here to see if she was a goon. That was the first thing I thought when she opened her mouth.

e: for fucks sake she is so drat goony

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

no wonder she likes Rush she looks like Geddy Less love child

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SCOPES? gently caress you Lawrence you could've delivered us.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Groovelord Neato posted:

SCOPES? gently caress you Lawrence you could've delivered us.

Your prayers were answered today.

Jennifer continuing to dance in the contestant intro, and Alex even imitated her when he walked on. Still, she had a good run, and she and Scott got Alex to bring out the banter, which might've led to a clue being left on the board during both rounds. Gutsy True Daily Double bet by Scott that paid off. He started out slow and then picked up the pace by the end of the Jeopardy round. It was fun to watch. Shame Jennifer didn't get to answer the Sweet Caroline clue, as I was sure she'd sing it and then add the BA BA BAH! afterwards, I knew I would've. At least we got her singing "Take Me out to the Ball Game" though not "We are the Champions". Jennifer also did the "Just Wager $4000" thing (Twitter related April Fool's joke involving a bunch of Jeopardy champions parodying Keith Williams Final Wager Blog by his brother) with that last Daily Double in Double Jeopardy, and then dramatically went to the "What Have I Done!?" category after she missed it, which I thought was fun. All in all, I think it was an amusing run by Jennifer these past couple of days.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 24, 2015

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So sad about Jennifer. We may never see lively Alex again.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im glad she didnt earn enough to ever have to see her again in the ToC

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

zVxTeflon posted:

Im glad she didnt earn enough to ever have to see her again in the ToC

She'll be on the next Tournament of the Decades though, even if I have to vote million times myself.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahah I just caught up on the last few episode sand any of you who don't think she's annoying as poo poo are the gooniest dumbest shits alive. loving Alex encouraging that poo poo.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

jojoinnit posted:

So sad about Jennifer. We may never see lively Alex again.

I don't kmow. I can really do without Alex Trebek doing The Batusi.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

How can anyone think this is anything except awesome?

Jake Armitage
Dec 11, 2004

+69 Pimp

HookShot posted:

Well I guess some of us have actually seen a girl naked before.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Well aren't you fancy. Nice ad hominem.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

It is not exactly surprising that some online forums posters would feel threatened by someone who is clearly very comfortable with themselves and enjoying their life. Especially when that person is a young woman.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

HookShot posted:

:agreed:

I liked her. I didn't like "alright" lady one bit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mr. mephistopheles posted:

It is not exactly surprising that some online forums posters would feel threatened by someone who is clearly very comfortable with themselves and enjoying their life. Especially when that person is a young woman.

lmao shut the gently caress up.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Jake Armitage posted:

Well I guess some of us have actually seen a girl naked before.

All I have to do is look in the mirror, but thanks for assuming it was just based on her looks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

HookShot posted:

Because I hate adults acting goofy in public

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha! I was coming in here to post how much I enjoyed her. Whole lotta people that take a game show/life too seriously in here.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nah y'all just goony as hell.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Really, Rommel going to Oxford? Pressure got to her, I guess.

Scott manages to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, coming from last place after the Jeopardy round. Jake had a lock going with a minute left until Final, but Scott was able to break close in at the end of Double Jeopardy... Guess Jake shoulda bet the True Daily Double with the massive lead he had on that Yucatan clue... And that Final clue was way too easy for me, though I couldn't remember anything but Lawrence's last name. Wonder if Lawrence of Arabia would've been acceptable...

Still, I'm surprised that Kowloon was a Triple Stumper. Guess my background would've made getting that one easier. Wonder if the judges would've dinged me if I used the Cantonese pronunciation of the peninsula, "Gau loong", when answering, like I was tempted to do with my Shanghai True Daily Double a year ago, saying "Soeng hoi", and then pronouncing it like gwailo would if they didn't take it right off the bat.

Misheard the first Daily Double in the Double Jeopardy round with the Greek playwrights and answered Iphigenia instead of Electra. Jake only lost $1000 there and made it back with the second DD that round, but he really should've bet bigger, and looked terrible when he missed Final, dropping him to second. Shame about all that, though.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 24, 2015

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I wildly guessed Lawrence of Arabia based on the year more than anything else.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Did Brian tell a story about buying used panties from a vending machine and wearing them or was I having a stroke

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

Did Brian tell a story about buying used panties from a vending machine and wearing them or was I having a stroke

That's certainly what I'd gathered.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Well that was an emotional Rollercoaster in FJ today. 5000 was a weird bet, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Athanatos posted:

I hope she keeps winning forever. So much better than Robot Contestant #47172

I'm always one or two days behind y'all and I came here to say Jennifer was awesome (so was Alex the poker guy) and y'all are dumb as gently caress. ":spergin: I want my Jeopardy to be the exact same experience as reading a sterile trivia book, gently caress this thing with people being different :spergin:"

The Jennifer haters are the goony as gently caress ones.

Wait, do you guys just not like jews?