Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
You were right, MSM wasn't that hard. The rando support was overleveled and knew what to do, so that helped.

I'm now trying to decide what to spend this Okki Tablet on, since I don't really know what stats will be useful to the class I end up playing, although if I keep getting okki tablets it seems like I will eventually unlock every chapel? How does it determine what type of chapel improvement resource to assign to these 'special adventures every 2 days'? Do you eventually get one of each based on your prestige, or is it one of a random quality level that you qualify for?

I already have accuracy in my first temple since it seems to be pretty generally applicable. A pubbie told me 'Dash Activation Time' actually means how fast your dash recharges; is that true? If so, then it seems like a pretty good thing to invest in early on, without knowing what other stats will be useful to a class that I may or may not eventually settle on.

I wish there was a reliable wiki or something so I wouldn't feel inclined to post so many questions.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
You get one of every type you qualify for every 2 days, on a random mission of any kind (including PvP). So once you unlock founder's rings (the blue item), you will get an okki tablet and a founder's ring every 2 days. Accuracy is useful if you want to go for strength, but some classes want spirit over it. The safest chapels are critical chance, as every class wants luck, and crushing blow.

Dash activation time does exactly that, but it's not worth going for. If you want to dash more often, get the symbol that gives you dash charges instead; it's 1 extra charge per rank, up to 4.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Is it a thing where people group queue then not move hoping others will finish the instance for them?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I doubt it, you can vote to kick people from your instance.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
What server are we playing on and what is the most op pvp class?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

It is not surprising we dropped the ball with the current construction project vote. Luckily my bitching in this thread pulled even more angel investors out of the woodwork and we are funded in a big way. Thanks for all the folk that donated to the guild for this.

It looks like we are about to hit our guild player cap of 90 players. I am still getting requests for invites and keep missing people because the pms go though while I am offline. I did manage to catch a few of you fucks though. Given that we got a good progression of construction with mostly everyone knowing how to build the guild from their order menus and being able to I am going to say that after this power plant upgrade finishes we can do either the HQ or a increase to the guild cap. Either way both are not too hard to construct and wont set us back. I am leaning more so for the HQ construction and then go right for the increased cap and get it done by Wednesday so we can catch the people that are not in the guild while they are probably online.

We can still make use of the increased power but that comes much later on in the buildings.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Forgotton posted:

What server are we playing on and what is the most op pvp class?

NA. Pick between Slayer, Berserker, Archer, Monk and Paladin. Supports are always nice and Kinetic and Gunner aren't bad either.

Edit: In 1v1, the clear choice is Slayer but that poo poo doesn't matter outside of FFA, which is all about kill stealing anyway. Slayer and Archer are better in 10v10 and Berserker, Monk and Paladin are better in 3v3.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 21, 2015

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I like that the game at least allows you to play other classes you don't have sometimes. Monk is super fun.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Knight ability/talent descriptions are so poorly translated. Half of them call abilities by a completely different name and some of those use different icons so only through trial and error can you figure out what the gently caress the talent actually modifies. I'm still not sure what ability is "Piercing Strikes" because you can't see the debuff from it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Lawlicaust posted:

Knight ability/talent descriptions are so poorly translated. Half of them call abilities by a completely different name and some of those use different icons so only through trial and error can you figure out what the gently caress the talent actually modifies. I'm still not sure what ability is "Piercing Strikes" because you can't see the debuff from it.

Russia game! :ussr:

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
I think they are undervaluing hardware. This game is trying to tell me my AMD HD 7900 series has a system rating of 3.9 and requirements are 7.0. And my i5-4670k # 3.4GHz is 6.8 out of 7. Does it just have outrageously high settings or is it as dumb as I think it is?

Anyways, in and playing. So far seems fun and good call on the pally.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 21, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Forgotton posted:

I think they are undervaluing hardware. This game is trying to tell me my AMD has a system rating of 3.9 and requirements are 7.0. And my i5-4670k # 3.4GHz is 6.8 out of 7. Does it just have outrageously high settings or is it as dumb as I think it is?

Anyways, in and playing. So far seems fun and good call on the pally.

This game is not well optimised.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it's not very useful. My 3670k is rated like half that, despite there being no real increase in power between those generations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Valatar posted:

Yeah, people should be off work by now, so there's no more excuse for not pushing the button. Paging RottenK, we need you back in the thread to call them lazy fucks.

i am sorry i was sleeping and couldn't do my duty

i was weak

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Stormgale posted:

This game is not well optimised.

It's running super well on my four year old system and I do mean super well, better than some games that are far older and far uglier.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morglon posted:

It's running super well on my four year old system and I do mean super well, better than some games that are far older and far uglier.

russia has no good computer so we optimise for bad computer

sorry good computer owners

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

That's the best thing about Chinese and Russian games for me. They run very well on my lovely PC.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Well, my own drat fault for not reading up ahead of time but I assumed the classes would start off at different portions of the Ascension Atlas so I played a Paladin expecting I'd be closer to unlocking a Knight, Monk, or maybe Kinetic once I broke that barrier. Jokes on me. Is it worth keeping on grinding out points as the Paladin to hit other classes or should I take a few hours and try and build up one ot the other two for the grind?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
All starting classes begin at the same place on the ascension atlas. No class gets you closer to anywhere else on the atlas, so just play whichever one you like best while working along the grid to the class you want.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

nessin posted:

Well, my own drat fault for not reading up ahead of time but I assumed the classes would start off at different portions of the Ascension Atlas so I played a Paladin expecting I'd be closer to unlocking a Knight, Monk, or maybe Kinetic once I broke that barrier. Jokes on me. Is it worth keeping on grinding out points as the Paladin to hit other classes or should I take a few hours and try and build up one ot the other two for the grind?

paladin is a good class and will let you have practice with tanking by the time you get to knight and start spearing and birding people

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Also, you get a special symbol once you unlock all the abilities/talents(the center node of each circle) in a class. The paladin one in particular is very good.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010
Also Paladin is legit pretty fun once you get rolling with it. Be invincible, poo poo AOE everywhere, get sparks. Laugh when you see some poor cryo over-pull and run around kiting poo poo. It's a good life.

(Also seriously. x2 on the symbol being worth it.)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i was going to 100% lightbinder to get the second costume, and then i looked up how that costume actually looks

allods team why :eng99:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Most of the secondary costumes look really underwhelming to me. Berserker is amazingly badass, gunner's cool and that's... kinda it. At least for men. The witch outfit with the big hat is pretty awesome for women.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

screw you russiagame men should be able to wear this too :mad:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
and i mean the entire thing not just the hat

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
If I understand correctly

quote:

Ils n'ont pas non plus de Couvre-Chefs, ceux que vous verrez sur les images sont le choix des joueurs.
"[The costumes] don't have hats, the ones in the screenshots are the choice of the player [who submitted the image]"

So the hat will probably be available some other way.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 21, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I decided that I want to max out Paladin first but I'm having a hard time deciding on which amulets to use. What's available obviously but someone probably did the math on what gives me the most bang for my buck.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

So I'm working towards Slayer, but I'm a bit concerned about how I've heard they have trouble soloing. I know they have a rough time with trash mobs while solo, but can they handle bosses alright on their own? Because if they can do bosses then I could just take care of trash as a Pally and then switch to Slayer for the bosses and still get most of the class sparks going toward Slayer that way.

Edit: Also, should I be beelining for that "God's Form" node in the middle or can I leave that till later?

Automated Posting fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 21, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Automated Posting posted:

So I'm working towards Slayer, but I'm a bit concerned about how I've heard they have trouble soloing. I know they have a rough time with trash mobs while solo, but can they handle bosses alright on their own? Because if they can do bosses then I could just take care of trash as a Pally and then switch to Slayer for the bosses and still get most of the class sparks going toward Slayer that way.

Edit: Also, should I be beelining for that "God's Form" node in the middle or can I leave that till later?

Slayers are fine solo, you sometimes need to wait a tick to regen energy before swarm packs

You cant touch god mode till 30k prestiege so ignore it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Just so you know there's literally one spot open in the clan right now and the power unit is almost done.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Can I have that last invite to the clan? name is Meat Magician.
And I'm online right now! :dance:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Morglon posted:

I decided that I want to max out Paladin first but I'm having a hard time deciding on which amulets to use. What's available obviously but someone probably did the math on what gives me the most bang for my buck.

I went seal of light because I have a CE weapon but it's either that or punishing bolt. Or you could get lucky and get 4 blue amulets with punishing bolt/seal of light but I haven't been lucky enough to even get one :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Valatar posted:

All starting classes begin at the same place on the ascension atlas. No class gets you closer to anywhere else on the atlas, so just play whichever one you like best while working along the grid to the class you want.

Though I guess if you pay for one of the packs the early unlocks you get would put you closer to some things.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You always start from the base classes you literally can not put points into things next to purchased classes unless you could unlock them anyway.

Yeah figured that would be the way to go but I haven't had a bolt drop in ages and it didn't seem to do that much damage either way.

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
Nooo give me the last invite to the nerdgoon clan. Name is Pluto Closius.

I have 3.1k prestige if that helps (it almost certainly does not).

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There probably aren't any officers on at this time of day anyway and once they do log on someone will build a thing for more slots.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So are there going to be any female clothes that aren't atrocious or should I just make a guy?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

So are there going to be any female clothes that aren't atrocious or should I just make a guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
are there any other outfits like my polo shirt? i prefer ironic over "badass" or "cool"

• Locked thread