Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Hah, Goemon is smitten with Fujiko.

I am also smitten with Fujiko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think I might be smitten with this OP.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I am a big fan of the Electric Light Orchestra

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm screaming.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Since they brought back the Nintendo World Championships, do you think they could bring back video game music festivals too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFjv6_p7qRE

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

When I was a teen I was big into Paul Simon, The Travelling Wilburys, and Van Morrison

I liked Simon and Garfunkel, Dan Fogelberg (only the song Leader of the Band), and the Beatles as well as a bunch of 80s and 90s Korean music as a kid cause my mom would generally play them in her car.

My sisters hated them for being 'old' which I've never understood. If it was just a difference of musical taste I'd understand but being biased just because they were from a long time ago?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

When I was a teen I was big into Paul Simon, The Travelling Wilburys, and Van Morrison

Simon and The Travelling Wilburys are great!

Here is a cool cover of Handle With Care by Jenny Lewis (and Ben Gibbord, The Watson Twins and Conner Oberst)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXh94o7tAxQ

littleorv posted:

i've come to terms with the fact that i really like both Don't Bring Me Down and Twilight :blush:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm screaming.

What kind of music do you like Ibram Gaunt?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Right now at this moment i'm listening to a mix of Cranes, Sisters of Mercy and This Mortal Coil.

music is the best

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

littleorv posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzy1RNJBUo4

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

littleorv posted:

So let me get this straight. You're going from playing a really good game to a bad game?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Littleorv I oughta make you wash that mouth out with soap.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Good song :)

I'm the guy doing a really bad version of the rope-a-dope

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

a kitten posted:

Simon and The Travelling Wilburys are great!

Here is a cool cover of Handle With Care by Jenny Lewis (and Ben Gibbord, The Watson Twins and Conner Oberst)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXh94o7tAxQ

I like that Jenny Lewis too

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wut

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cage is perhaps best known for his 1952 composition 4′33″, which is performed in the absence of deliberate sound; musicians who present the work do nothing aside from being present for the duration specified by the title. The content of the composition is not "four minutes and 33 seconds of silence," as is often assumed, but rather the sounds of the environment heard by the audience during performance.[7][8] The work's challenge to assumed definitions about musicianship and musical experience made it a popular and controversial topic both in musicology and the broader aesthetics of art and performance. Cage was also a pioneer of the prepared piano (a piano with its sound altered by objects placed between or on its strings or hammers), for which he wrote numerous dance-related works and a few concert pieces. The best known of these is Sonatas and Interludes (1946–48).[9]

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

a kitten posted:

Thanks to a Madoka AMV i learned that Florence + the Machine isn't all that bad of a band.

i freaking love lungs, not a fan of ceremonials though

lungs has that sense of whimsy that the latter lacks

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

4'33" is like Marcel Duchamp's Fountain. It was very funny at first, but then people kept on insisting that it was real, important art, and now it's not funny anymore.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The grand irony of Art is that making fun of how dumb Art is is in itself Art. There is no escape.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Cage is perhaps best known for his 1952 composition 4′33″, which is performed in the absence of deliberate sound; musicians who present the work do nothing aside from being present for the duration specified by the title. The content of the composition is not "four minutes and 33 seconds of silence," as is often assumed, but rather the sounds of the environment heard by the audience during performance.[7][8] The work's challenge to assumed definitions about musicianship and musical experience made it a popular and controversial topic both in musicology and the broader aesthetics of art and performance. Cage was also a pioneer of the prepared piano (a piano with its sound altered by objects placed between or on its strings or hammers), for which he wrote numerous dance-related works and a few concert pieces. The best known of these is Sonatas and Interludes (1946–48).[9]

I didn't realize Nicholas Cage was a fantastic pianist as well as an unparalleled master of the theatrical arts.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Lame

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

John Cage's other well-known song is an organ piece that takes approximately 639 years to play.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 21, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

rap

my taste prolly is lacking since i just listen to whatever though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHX4-jOcOcI

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The OP for the upcoming new Berserk anime.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can drink and gamble in the states now.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Congrats, enjoy your new vices.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Evangelion: "Congratulations."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Omedeto.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

Congrats, enjoy your new vices.

Not new. Since Canada isn't weird I've been drinking and pissing away my money on the slots for three years now.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

Happy birthday! :)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Not new. Since Canada isn't weird I've been drinking and pissing away my money on the slots for three years now.

I miss poutine so much.

You know what Korean poutine is?

Burger King Korea served me poutine that was fries, onion rings, mayo, and hot sauce.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Yeah but now you can do it with our money.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

littleorv posted:

a+ job on surviving your life thus far!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I miss poutine so much.

You know what Korean poutine is?

Burger King Korea served me poutine that was fries, onion rings, mayo, and hot sauce.

:stonk:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

littleorv posted:

cool, what did you bet on

oh nevermind

happy birthday, though.

a.lo fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 21, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's even worse than you'd think because I went in with the expectation that I could get something vaguely resembling poutine and shelled out like KRW3,000 only to be served that swill.

The picture of the poutine they had didn't even show any onion rings. I just figured it's be lovely gravy and cheese, which would still have been acceptable.

God dammit now I want poutine. Can't remember the last time I had some.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've never had poutine but now I want onion rings.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I decided to re-read Onani Master Kurosawa today. I really wish that would get licensed somehow so that I could easily own a physical copy of it.

Also that manga's nearly ten years old now what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoubleDonut posted:

I decided to re-read Onani Master Kurosawa today. I really wish that would get licensed somehow so that I could easily own a physical copy of it.

Also that manga's nearly ten years old now what the gently caress

2006ish???? Really???

:stare:

• Locked thread