Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a god mode for witcher 2 so I can just burn through it? Or is there a mod for an easier setting then easy? Something like "Cinematic" or "every hit kills"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Is there a god mode for witcher 2 so I can just burn through it? Or is there a mod for an easier setting then easy? Something like "Cinematic" or "every hit kills"

There are a couple of cheat mods on the nexus, just take your pick. Or you could not play the game

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The Sharmat posted:

Iorveth being cut from this game is a crime all around.
There were hints in interviews with the devs that both Iorveth and Saskia may come back in one of the expansions.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Shani is almost certainly coming back in some way so I will hold onto that hope for Iorveth and Saskia

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't play for almost a month and I can't figure out if it looks substantially better on PS4 after the patch, or if it just looked better than I remember to begin with.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

Which one? There's multiple fights associated with that quest.

Oh I meant how you deal with the botchling. I have a feeling that could've taken a very different turn but the way I did it was really emotional in a way I didn't expect (especially after the Goat section of the quest had Geralt yelling BEAR BEAR RUN YOU loving poo poo at a goat)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

I think the best ending combo for the main characters and the world in general is actually Witcher Ciri, Geralt and Yen retiring, and Dijkstra taking over Redania, but I can't justify Geralt leaving Roche, Ves, and Thaler to die to myself from a roleplaying standpoint. Geralt just wouldn't do that, I don't think

I just can't agree that witcher Ciri instead of her being empress is the best ending, but I guess this is heavily down to player's perspective on stuff.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The Sharmat posted:

I think the best ending combo for the main characters and the world in general is actually Witcher Ciri, Geralt and Yen retiring, and Dijkstra taking over Redania, but I can't justify Geralt leaving Roche, Ves, and Thaler to die to myself from a roleplaying standpoint. Geralt just wouldn't do that, I don't think

Endchat After Roche and Ves came to Kaer Morhen and Djikstra told me to gently caress off - even if you help him all he gives you is gold - I just cannot imagine an outcome where Geralt allows them to die. Like he says all the time he doesn't do politics and letting them die is doing politics.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Taear posted:

Endchat After Roche and Ves came to Kaer Morhen and Djikstra told me to gently caress off - even if you help him all he gives you is gold - I just cannot imagine an outcome where Geralt allows them to die. Like he says all the time he doesn't do politics and letting them die is doing politics.

I don't think you can play the politically neutral card after you've assassinated a king.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 21, 2015

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
How much did the latest patch improve performance for you guys? Wondering if I should reinstall and see if my toaster of a computer can finally pull off a playable frame rate.

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 21, 2015

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Hommando posted:

I don't think you can play the politically neutral card after you've assassinated a king.

He was a prick, though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Whatever you do, don't let Yen scare you off from drinking a bunch with your fellow witchers in Ker Morhen. I took that one all the way to the end of the drunken escapades and oh was it worth her being pissed at me.

How do Witchers even get drunk? Wouldn't they have to drink enough booze to kill three people in the course of a few minutes?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The Lone Badger posted:

How do Witchers even get drunk? Wouldn't they have to drink enough booze to kill three people in the course of a few minutes?

They mix white gull into their vodka. It's hallucinogenic, so that's how Witchers get drunk. And then do impressions of Vesemir, sleep with goats and drunk call sorcerers. Pretty normal stuff really if you're a Witcher.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Helith posted:

They mix white gull into their vodka. It's hallucinogenic, so that's how Witchers get drunk. And then do impressions of Vesemir, sleep with goats and drunk call sorcerers. Pretty normal stuff really if you're a Witcher.

Seems Geralt can get drunk on regular alcohol, but it takes a lot of it
See for reference:
drinking minigame in W1
drunkenly fighting an echinops in W1
night out with the Blue Stripes in W2

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

He gets wasted like a kid while drinking with some artists in W3. Maybe they've roofied him?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I assume that Witchers can get drunk off of normal alcohol just fine. Geralt probably has a high tolerance. I think that, at pretty much any point, a Witcher could meditate to transmute the alcohol in his body and cancel its effects. But this is not something one does when they are trying to get drunk and celebrate.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Hommando posted:

it wasn't ME... It was Phillipa! PS the look of horror on Radovid's face when he realizes he hosed is awesome.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Hommando posted:

A king who eventually would have killed everyone you loved if left unchecked. That was Geralt just protecting his family .

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Taear posted:

What does Siggy do if you choose his side in all that?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Solice Kirsk posted:

What does Siggy do if you choose his side in all that?

he kills Roche, Ves, and Thaler, then sends assassins to kill Emhyr, establishes an ironclad rule, bringing an industrial revolution to the land. Progress at any cost, essentially. Redania thrives under his rule, but the people aren't exactly thrilled about it.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I didn't try it for the first 3/4 of the game, but, uh, Gwent is actually pretty good. Geralt is also a much more fascinating character when he challenges every person he meets to a game of gwent.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Polo-Rican posted:

I didn't try it for the first 3/4 of the game, but, uh, Gwent is actually pretty good. Geralt is also a much more fascinating character when he challenges every person he meets to a game of gwent.

Yeah, I think the best one was running across the guy whose son just died and challenging him to cards.

Also the fact that I have 40,000 crowns but can only ever bet 10. Let's gamble but let's not go crazy here!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ugato posted:

Yeah, I think the best one was running across the guy whose son just died and challenging him to cards.

Also the fact that I have 40,000 crowns but can only ever bet 10. Let's gamble but let's not go crazy here!
Dont forget that other people will wager their "unique" card but you dont put anything at risk!

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I didn't play much Gwent until late in the game either. Gwent is boring early on when you have weak cards and the strategy is really limited. Once you and the opponent both have decent sets, the game is definitely improved.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Ugato posted:

:smith: "Yeah I'm upset--just heard that me son was on the ship that sank off the coast."

:shepface: 'You know what would set me straight? Couple rounds of Gwent..."

:smithicide:

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
I started playing gwent near the end game and I like to imagine that Geralt has completely forgotten all about Ciri and has instead decided to pick up gwent and become the best gwent player there ever was.

also, I know it's lovely penny arcade, but this is pretty accurate for how I've been playing the Witcher recently:

Apple Jax fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 21, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The Gwent tournament was a blast even if some of those decks were loving evil. I was suspicious of the halfling right from the start. No way could a mushroom farmer build a deck with that much swagga.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Snak posted:

So what is the deal with relic swords? I have never found one that was better than my current Witcher sword. Are the runestone sockets supposed to make up for it? Because now that I'm level 20, my witcher swords have 2 sockets and better damage. I have been selling barrels of relics, because they are all garbage.

Snak posted:

I am a basically pure whirl dps build. The only status effect I care about proccing from my sword is stun.

I dunno I've used relic swords in a whirl build instead of Witcher swords for most of the game. There are so many insane +crit damage relic swords out there (+75%, +155%, etc). That said, I still have no idea how this game calculates stats and it never seems like it takes those stats into consideration when you look at your character card. :shrug:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

neither of the golems I encountered in the main story dropped me a Golem's Heart you need for Blizzard and I've been saving and loading on this one in a Novigrad cave right now, but after 7-8 times he hasn't even dropped anything lootable yet. is there anywhere that I can find some respawning golems or any other way to get the Heart? I'm on PS4 otherwise I'd just cheat it in

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
EDIT:
I am a wrong idiot.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

The Gwent tournament was a blast even if some of those decks were loving evil. I was suspicious of the halfling right from the start. No way could a mushroom farmer build a deck with that much swagga.

Was he the one with a Nilfgaard or Northern deck with full spies? If so, that was loving fun.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

GrossMurpel posted:

Was he the one with a Nilfgaard or Northern deck with full spies? If so, that was loving fun.

he was the Northern deck full of spies. I cannot tell you how happy I was that I not only pulled 2 decoys but 2 spies of my own out of the gate for that one.

Actually, my gwent deck was so absurd by the time I did the tournament I obliterated all my opponents. I destroyed the final Count guy by just throwing out useless weather/horns and hten scorching his entire monster line to bits. lol.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GrossMurpel posted:

I got to play out my entire deck in my games vs the Nilfgaard and NR decks because they played spies and I had decoys and my own spies. Dropping a biting frost and then Villentretenmerth is just so much fun.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Azazell0 posted:

I just can't agree that witcher Ciri instead of her being empress is the best ending, but I guess this is heavily down to player's perspective on stuff.

I can't believe that it would work out that well for world despite what the ending slides inform you. Ciri herself would be miserable on top of that. Plus it's kind of the most nonsensical ending from a writing perspective. The nobles and merchant guilds are mad at Emhyr...but they accept his half-Nordling daughter who has never even been to Nilgaard proper and is advised by a Nordling sorceress most famous for having at least two kings assassinated? Also Geralt and Yennefer are perfectly happy abandoning Ciri to Philippa and Emhyr and Voorhees?

I just can't see it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I dunno I've used relic swords in a whirl build instead of Witcher swords for most of the game. There are so many insane +crit damage relic swords out there (+75%, +155%, etc). That said, I still have no idea how this game calculates stats and it never seems like it takes those stats into consideration when you look at your character card. :shrug:

Yeah, the character stats page is totally broken as far as I can tell. Also it doesn't show you your total adrenaline generation gain, so it's kind of pointless for all these skills to have +% adrenaline generation.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Sharmat posted:

I can't believe that it would work out that well for world despite what the ending slides inform you. Ciri herself would be miserable on top of that. Plus it's kind of the most nonsensical ending from a writing perspective. The nobles and merchant guilds are mad at Emhyr...but they accept his half-Nordling daughter who has never even been to Nilgaard proper and is advised by a Nordling sorceress most famous for having at least two kings assassinated? Also Geralt and Yennefer are perfectly happy abandoning Ciri to Philippa and Emhyr and Voorhees?

I just can't see it.

spoilers for end chat (at what point can we stop doing this?)

I feel like Ciri would be a pretty terrible empress. She seems very easily provoked/manipulated and I don't think she has the iron will to keep her vassals in line.

Like yeah she wants to help people but that's not really a good qualification to lead a huge empire.

She should just witch and then portal in and assassinate particularly nasty politicians from time to time if she wants to do the most good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Not soon, I hope. Maybe there should be a whole seperate "Witcher 3 SPOILERS" thread? I know that myself and several other people here are still on their first playthrough...

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Viper school kills Dumbledore.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

Viper school kills Dumbledore.

Speaking of viper school... is there any viper school armor? or is it just the two swords?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I'm not liking the FPS hit due to switching from a 1920x1200 monitor to a 2560x1440 monitor, but the game sure does look fantastic on it.

Will need to do some tweaking to regain some FPS and decide what I'm comfortable with.