Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
It's fun at the expense of other people, it's a lovely thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

prom candy posted:

i smurf sometimes so i can play with some of the bad novas and silvers that post in this very thread

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Smurfing is mandatory if you want to play with your low-ranked friends. Queue with 4 silvers and say a LEM account, and you'll get matched against 5 LEMs. Not fun for anyone on the server.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
If you're willing to go pistol or shotgun only or something in that situation to even out the odds then yeah that's understandable, but if you top-frag and win 99% of the time with your friends then yeah, that's still just as bad.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'm horrifically bad at this game but it's just as much fun now as it was in 1.5 even if I don't know half the drat maps and where the hell did he shoot me from anyway? On the upside nobody expects much from someone named Guy Who Dies A Lot.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Turk February posted:

protip: smurfing is fun. lighten up.
Smurfing hurts everyone around you. :smith:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

prom candy posted:

If you're willing to go pistol or shotgun only or something in that situation to even out the odds then yeah that's understandable, but if you top-frag and win 99% of the time with your friends then yeah, that's still just as bad.

I think you're overestimating how much of a difference a smurf makes unless they're a big one. One higher ranked player hiding in the pack has a lot less of a chance to upset the outcome of any given game than 4 duders asked to perform way above par against people several ranks above them because they queued with a single higher ranked friend. Of course, if you're smurfing down in silver, maybe you can run a train on an entire team, but once you reach a certain point there's only so much a single player can do with their semi-sick aim.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

prom candy posted:

For the record if you smurf you can go gently caress yourself. I'd say worse stuff but if you smurf you already probably have serious self-esteem problems.
If you're having problems getting wrecked by smurfs, might I suggest getting good?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
A while ago every mm game I played for a few weeks had a new account dropping 40 and talking poo poo which was kind of a bummer

On the other hand the only way you can force a deagle smurf onto rifles and beat them anyway is if they're in a game with you and holy poo poo does that feel good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

prom candy posted:

this is a lot of rules, i better start taking notes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Stuntman posted:

If you're having problems getting wrecked by smurfs, might I suggest getting good?
Easier said than done.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I find it hilarious that this dude's getting almost tumblr-grade hurt over an MGE having a smurf account one rank lower.

Like, what the gently caress.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

prom candy posted:

that's like pretty much the entire basis of multiplayer competitive games so /shrug

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
also fyi good people are good at video games and bad people are bad

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...inds/?tid=sm_fb

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

down with slavery posted:

that's like pretty much the entire basis of multiplayer competitive games so /shrug

MOBAs maybe. Losing a well balanced game in CS is still a lot of fun.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Kazinsal posted:

I find it hilarious that this dude's getting almost tumblr-grade hurt over an MGE having a smurf account one rank lower.

Like, what the gently caress.

Its the reason I wish I had made my smurf on my first account that has a 10 year old vac ban from cs 1.6.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

:3: :coolfish:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

prom candy posted:

lol if your multiplayer experience in every game doesn't eventually revolve around this at some point

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Awesome Welles posted:

lol if your multiplayer experience in every game doesn't eventually revolve around this at some point

I try to make it unfun for my peers, let alone those below me.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
My buddy Alden who we played with in a gman on Sunday (hes de_filed) showed me a ss of his last smurf game. He got 63 frags and they only won 16-13. Smurfs win games. He's got 3 GE accounts that he solo queued there. This was at the nova 4 - ak level.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

So this explains why the bottom fraggers always talk the most poo poo

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
It's not fun to play with smurfs.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

PerOlus posted:

It's not fun to play with smurfs.

but think of all the stuff you'll learn :rolleyes:

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
LE and higher smurfs in low Novas/Silvers is lovely to do to players. It pretty much makes it completely unfun for the other team. If you are smurfing in MG1 and up, well who cares. Those players at least stand a chance at killing you once in a while.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

prom candy posted:

For the record if you smurf you can go gently caress yourself. I'd say worse stuff but if you smurf you already probably have serious self-esteem problems.

Uh oh... Yea total jerks.. You tell em. Who would ever do that? Can you imagine what type of person has 17 or 18 smurf accounts?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

kordansk posted:

LE and higher smurfs in low Novas/Silvers is lovely to do to players. It pretty much makes it completely unfun for the other team. If you are smurfing in MG1 and up, well who cares. Those players at least stand a chance at killing you once in a while.

It's not even that, it's that at MG1 and up you kinda begin to understand the subtleties of the game. Yeah, it's still mostly aim but if you get ran over you pretty much always realise 'oh, that was a mistake' if it was your mistake, so you can learn something from getting wrecked.

Novas will just get frustrated and call you a cheater.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Ephedra posted:

Uh oh... Yea total jerks.. You tell em. Who would ever do that? Can you imagine what type of person has 17 or 18 smurf accounts?

I can Pheds. Some real piece of poo poo.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Ephedra posted:

I'm frothing at the mouth from all this smurf triggering.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

lol this article tells noobs to go back to facebook and pinterest

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

As a new player, smurfs suck rear end, but obnoxious pairs of derankers are the absolute worst.

Top fragged in my last two wins against mostly gn2 and 3s, last placement match is tonight. Finally.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
My lovely Zalman mic got sucked into the vacuum cleaner, so I got a Samson Go Mic and it sounds so much better.

Hopefully my improved calls can finally get me to LE.

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 21, 2015

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

My lovely Zalman mic got sucked into the vacuum cleaner, so I got a Samson Go Mic and it sounds so much better.

Hopefully my improved calls can finally get me to LE.

How close do you need to be for this mic to work well? Thinking of replacing my Zalman as well.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ephedra posted:

can we do a 360 controller night again

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I still need to play a game using my HOTAS, can i join?

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Awesome Welles posted:

can we do a 360 controller night again

Oh hell yes.
My personal favorite is tazer only. You just drop a poo poo ton in spawn. My record is 20+ tazes in a game. 3 tazes in one round.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

prom candy posted:

How close do you need to be for this mic to work well? Thinking of replacing my Zalman as well.

I have mine right under my monitor, like 18" from the front of my desk and it works fine.

The cardioid pattern setting doesn't seem to pick up much background noise either, which I was worried about.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

prom candy posted:

well balanced game CS
It mostly is but hehehheh

bpower posted:

but think of all the stuff you'll learn :rolleyes:

Unless there's a massive difference in play to the point where you lack the basic tools to examine what's happening then Yes, literally think and you will learn

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo

ESL streaming some old 1.6 matches
2010 Na'Vi is playing right now, pro-click if you wanna see some of the best cs that will ever be played

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
They had SK vs the golden 5 from 2009 on a couple days ago and it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jellidelic posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo

ESL streaming some old 1.6 matches
2010 Na'Vi is playing right now, pro-click if you wanna see some of the best cs that will ever be played

I remember 1.6 as being awesome to play, but holy hell it's hard to watch now

also taz looks exactly the same

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 21, 2015

• Locked thread