Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
so is JAST going to publish the sonico vn on steam once they translate it

i want to some day open the steam store page and see a giant banner ad for a sale on sonicomi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
British imperialism is dead and that will never change no matter how powerful Karen is.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also holy poo poo your name is Batman backwards why did I just realize that now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also holy poo poo your name is Batman backwards why did I just realize that now.

:woah:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Please watch this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o68ZFF5W3PM

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i have never watched attack on titan

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A ha ha ha ha that is amazing.

alcharagia posted:

I stopped watching the anime halfway through, but I do keep up with the manga. I did get a bunch of my friends into the series through the anime though.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
guren no yumiya

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In it, 5'd

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

alcharagia posted:

Keep it that way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

same

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I need to stop clicking on links posted in this thread.

lol if you don't turn on embedded videos in your user control panel

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

i'm beginning to realize i should get a crazy shaking av of a waifu

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It's odd to be giving gifts out on your birthday, but happy birthday anyway. Video easily earns this thread another 5. Even if I can only really give one.

Seriously though, give me the new Lupin III already Japan. Just me. I won't leak it, I promise.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am reading a manga about girls eating ramen and it made me realize I hadn't had Japanese ramen in like over a year.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Same. Me eating ramen was pretty hilarious, since I've been a pretty picky eater most of my life. I got into a month-long study abroad trip to Japan last June, and the very first day I ended up going to a ramen shop with friends, shrugging and just eating. My family was shocked when the photos reached Facebook. Nearly gave my sister an aneurysm when she discovered I ate sea urchin, too. I mean, I was drunk when it happened but it wasn't bad!

My hankerin' for Japanese food has only grown in the past year...and I don't think there's much my broke rear end can do about it.:smith::hf::japan:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

It's odd to be giving gifts out on your birthday, but happy birthday anyway. Video easily earns this thread another 5. Even if I can only really give one.

Seriously though, give me the new Lupin III already Japan. Just me. I won't leak it, I promise.

Not my video. It's .jpg's of course.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only ramen places near where I live are moderately-sized chains. Which aren't bad, but I still miss Raijin Ramen back in Toronto. I could use some Tonkotsu Karamiso Ramen. There's a place near my old neighborhood in Korea that also serves that, so I think I will visit there this weekend or sometime next week during my days off work.

I also miss American-Chinese food and Chinese bakeries. I don't think Korean bakeries are for me. They use cream cheese for a ton of stuff and their garlic bread is overly sweet.

At least takoyaki is much easier to find and cheaper in Korea than it was in Toronto.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao i just realised this video exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPWRSAn3sEM

its true

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I also miss American-Chinese food and Chinese bakeries. I don't think Korean bakeries are for me. They use cream cheese for a ton of stuff and their garlic bread is overly sweet.

I know a Japanese bakery in Taiwan that does the same thing. Cream cheese seems weirdly common in East Asia, especially in the sushi I've had around Malaysia and Taiwan.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

littleorv posted:

Not my video. It's .jpg's of course.

Oh I know, but I'd never have found it without your generosity.:tipshat:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

I know a Japanese bakery in Taiwan that does the same thing. Cream cheese seems weirdly common in East Asia, especially in the sushi I've had around Malaysia and Taiwan.

I dunno, maybe it's got this creamy -> light -> non-fattening or cream -> luxury sort of thing going on?

Emmental cheese also seems fairly popular too.

There's this chain called Paris Baugette, which is the biggest bakery chain in Korea. It's an offshoot of another chain called Paris Croissant, which is an upscaled version of Paris Baugette and has fancier bread.

But sometimes they have nearly identical stuff, only with different names and prices, and I wonder if the Paris Croissant version is just the same product but with marked up prices or if there really a difference in ingredients and poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phobophilia posted:

its true

Didn't like the film much but that's a good vid and the simulwatch was fun.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I dunno, maybe it's got this creamy -> light -> non-fattening or cream -> luxury sort of thing going on?

Emmental cheese also seems fairly popular too.

There's this chain called Paris Baugette, which is the biggest bakery chain in Korea. It's an offshoot of another chain called Paris Croissant, which is an upscaled version of Paris Baugette and has fancier bread.

But sometimes they have nearly identical stuff, only with different names and prices, and I wonder if the Paris Croissant version is just the same product but with marked up prices or if there really a difference in ingredients and poo poo.

Could be something like Season and Lavender, these two barkers chains in Malaysia which share a lot of similar stock because the founder started up the latter after selling the former. :v:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't like the film much but that's a good vid and the simulwatch was fun.

I need to rewatch Windaria. I saw it as a child, and went "holy gently caress, did that man's heroic journey just crash and burn from his personal failings and lack of inhibition?"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Could be something like Season and Lavender, these two barkers chains in Malaysia which share a lot of similar stock because the founder started up the latter after selling the former. :v:

Oh God, fads. Maybe its cause of its size, but Korea is easily affected by fads.

There was that instance with these honey butter flavor potato chips. They became a fad and got so popular that nobody could get their hands on them and all snack companies made a variation without directly copying the original. Mock versions with similar sounding covers or names. Not just snacks. Honey butter cosmetics. Honey butter ice cream.

Original chips on the bottom left.

Also I think the original chips that the Honey Butter was based off of was some sorta Japanese snack.

This Korean obsession with fads verges on plagarism at times.

Here is an article about that, which I came across while translating an ad for work.

A few months back Cheese Back Ribs got really popular so the dish was all over the place.

There are 2 Chicago Deep Dish pizza places in Gangnam and I don't think that's a coincidence.

But anyways to get back on topic I think Iron Wok Jan is the best cooking manga ever created.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Oh God, fads. Maybe its cause of its size, but Korea is easily affected by fads.

There was that instance with these honey butter flavor potato chips. They became a fad and got so popular that nobody could get their hands on them and all snack companies made a variation without directly copying the original. Mock versions with similar sounding covers or names. Not just snacks. Honey butter cosmetics. Honey butter ice cream.

Original chips on the bottom left.

Also I think the original chips that the Honey Butter was based off of was some sorta Japanese snack.

This Korean obsession with fads verges on plagarism at times.

Here is an article about that, which I came across while translating an ad for work.

A few months back Cheese Back Ribs got really popular so the dish was all over the place.

There are 2 Chicago Deep Dish pizza places in Gangnam and I don't think that's a coincidence.

But anyways to get back on topic I think Iron Wok Jan is the best cooking manga ever created.

Japan gets really into its fads as well. A few years ago the "banana diet" made it impossible to find a banana anywhere they got bought up so fast. Bananas.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

its true

The best part is when that guy is about to land the plane and the camera keeps cutting to jill who has this "C'mon please let me have one guy that can do something right" look.

negative.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

holy poo poo a lot of bad music gotppostd yesterday

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like to imagine what amv the music i'm listening to would be used in

googoosh probably wouldn't have many options

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Davincie posted:

I hope you don't mean the gunbuster op!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i got an unofficial compilation allbum of googoosh but i've never been able to get into her >->

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
is the amv discussion thread still around

I dunno if that was a joke thread or what

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It was a genuine thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't think I've ever willingly watched an amv, unless Evangelion op parodies count.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I liked the amv hell stuff back in the day but after a few of them the quality took a gigantic nosedive.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what i read of the amv thread was good, and i think i'll always have a soft spot for amv hell-type stuff. one of the earlier amv hells was how i got introduced to Azumanga Daioh

e:f;b and yeah, somebody posted amv hell 7(?) here and it was bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Srice posted:

I liked the amv hell stuff back in the day but after a few of them the quality took a gigantic nosedive.

I liked it when it was just super quick short joke things from the couple I saw, but yeah that poo poo got real bad real quick like insanely unfunny/awkward

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Davincie posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wickedhate is living proof that we should exterminate all the anime teens. and reclaim these lands for loser adults.

NEET is TEEN spelled backwards

• Locked thread