Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I switched our target in treasure raid to 7 tomorrow. We're clearing 6 really easily and we filled up with some pubbies, so I think we should give it another shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm going on vacation 7/22 - 7/27. I'll try to still log in, but I'm camping so I don't really expect to be on 7/23-7/26 at all.

[e] Do you guys buy the VIP 2 Hero Chest III for 400 gems? I just think of the guild reward chests and how they never have hero shards in them.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 21, 2015

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I got the orange chest today from the treasure thing, was hoping for some god item, got a dragon's eye :(

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Coolspaz posted:

I got the orange chest today from the treasure thing, was hoping for some god item, got a dragon's eye :(

you still need like 75 of those so it could be worse

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

padijun posted:

you still need like 75 of those so it could be worse

I do notice pretty much everything requires either a dragon's eye a grudge or a titan's blade (or all 3!!)

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Also dragon helmets. I can do the 5th level of hero trials without much issue now but I don't. I've only ever done the level 2s just for the items they give. They are what hold me back from promoting most of my other heroes now. So stockpile whatever ones you can before every other piece of equipment needs one of those items.

Also purged 4 day inactives in hopes that we can fill back up for chapter 7 tomorrow.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I finally got my gold trial damage to over 1,000,000 today, got that sweet sweet 35,000 gold :)

Edit: If people like spending oodles of money for dark paladin tokens, there's a spend 10K gems and open 100 angel chests for 20 and 30 dark paladin shards

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 22, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Popped 600 gems to finish off Chapter 7, immediately got rewarded by getting a Dragon Helm from a random floaty chest and a Storm Armor from my daily free pull. Clearly I should do this more often.

Also learned something super exploity - apparently you can just exit out of the Demon Invasion bosses, and it doesn't cost you an attempt or anything. Pair that with Dark Paladin, and you can make sure your stun team always goes to time, if you're willing to re-try.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
You can also exit out of the treasure raid or arena to instantly finish the battle instead of sitting through the whole thing. I don't know why they don't just put in the "Auto resolve" button or whatever since that's basically what it is.

I'm VIP 6 and I'm thinking I should start hoarding my diamonds until a rare hero I really like (I'm thinking Mysterious Count maybe) pops up in the mystic divine draw since its 1000 diamonds a pull. Thoughts?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
What teams are people using for the grand arena, right now I'm rocking
Team 1:
Elder Dwarf
Pyrona
Soul Slinger
Bezerker Claw
Djinni

Team 2:
Grimbow
Earthshaker
Altana
Mermaid
Rose Knight

Team 3:
Shadow Wraith
Green Ranger
Valryie
Nether Knight
Nightblade

my team is pretty much my main arena/story team, the top 5 fill ins (though grimbow is starting to kick major rear end) and some scrubs I got to purple

Edit: nightblade

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 23, 2015

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Basically whatever heroes maximize your BR: lovely or not, I think the number trumps nearly all. I am trying to replace heroes I don't care for any longer (e.g. Blue Witch, Atlantia, perhaps Demon Hunter) with those that seem to scale better (Amazon, Astral). Problem is that once you start hitting level 60 and beyond, getting heroes and angels caught up is a huge strain.

Everyone on your first team is a keeper, so go wild. Grimbow does get really good. Earthshaker seems okay; Rose Knight and Nether Knight are worth developing, and unless you get Zwihander, you will need to work on at least one. Amazon seems much better than Nightblade and is nearly as easy to get. I would hesitate to sink much into everyone else.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Catching them up with equipment is a pain. Leveling them isn't hard. I'm almost 80, I run one hero up to 75 every few days.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I'm wondering how well a dot team could work

King o bones
Shadow wraith
Blood baroness
Nightblade
Amazon

Alecta

Viable?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I think their damage is a little too spread out for what you'd ant, since almost all of them have different ideal ranges.

On the subject of gearing people up, though:

:holymoley:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Niton posted:

I think their damage is a little too spread out for what you'd ant, since almost all of them have different ideal ranges.

On the subject of gearing people up, though:

:holymoley:

Lucky gently caress.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's awesome when you get the bottom tier purples like that in angel trial, it's definitely made gearing up people for my 2nd or 3rd team a lot easier. Its also usually a couple free levels in runes, if you want to use them that way.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I'd like to point out that as of 2:15 I was number 1 in the wharf and 32 in the angel trail :megadeath:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
So, i've noticed something weird - when I get plundered lately, it's usually for Gold or Runes. Is there some actual compelling reason to plunder either of those? Especially runes, which are only worth 50 fodder.. and drop at the same rate as purple equipment shards, which are ALSO worth 50 fodder.

I'm not complaining, since it's way better for me like this, but it's weird.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Niton posted:

So, i've noticed something weird - when I get plundered lately, it's usually for Gold or Runes. Is there some actual compelling reason to plunder either of those? Especially runes, which are only worth 50 fodder.. and drop at the same rate as purple equipment shards, which are ALSO worth 50 fodder.

I'm not complaining, since it's way better for me like this, but it's weird.

I can only imagine if you're broke plundering 50K gold will help, though after the gold and angel trial you usually cash in over 1,000,000

Edit: I'm not sure why anyone would raid runes, the equipment you get from the equipment box ususally counts for 50 rune power, and can give you something you probley need anyway

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 23, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Personally, if anyone successfully raids me (kinda rare) I get butthurt about it and, if possibly, I will raid their collectors exclusively every chance I get.

Regarding gold collectors - they probably need gold. There was a period when I was rushing several heroes/angels up to 70ish to fill out my arena teams, and I was going through 3-4 million gold a day easily promoting and leveling skills.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Personally, if anyone successfully raids me (kinda rare) I get butthurt about it and, if possibly, I will raid their collectors exclusively every chance I get.

Regarding gold collectors - they probably need gold. There was a period when I was rushing several heroes/angels up to 70ish to fill out my arena teams, and I was going through 3-4 million gold a day easily promoting and leveling skills.

I'm surprised you get plundered ever, you've got 100K BR on me and I rarely get plundered

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I guess it makes sense, the gold reward is a decent clip better than Furs if you don't care about rune power at all.

On another note, thanks to whoever suggested Astral Child. As a tank, she's fantastic at protecting the back row, and her runes make her tankier than most "tank" units. It really feels like you're wasting your time with tanks if they don't have PD/MD runes, because they're operating at an enormous deficit compared to even pseudo-tanks like Astral Child or Guardian.

It makes me want to try out Valkyrie, because her runes are as perfect for tanking as Elder Dwarf's.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Niton posted:

It makes me want to try out Valkyrie, because her runes are as perfect for tanking as Elder Dwarf's.

Valk actually gets dodge instead of elder dwarf's agility. Are her base stats/skills good enough to warrant using her?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

gwrtheyrn posted:

Valk actually gets dodge instead of elder dwarf's agility. Are her base stats/skills good enough to warrant using her?

If her base doge isn't very good, then I don't know how helpful the rune will be. I don't use her; from fighting her though, her active is hot garbage and she doesn't do much damage otherwise. Dwarf strikes me as way more useful, having a decent active and a stun.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Just got Bomb Master. Anyone ever use him? Is he any good? How do I get his cards to level him?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
It's looking like chapter 8 is a bit too tough for us, those lighting guys were smacking me around for 8K a pop and 20K crits

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Super important note for you guys: The "Heart Earring" in the new Outlet Sale? It's supposed to be a scroll, but it's actually the full thing. Make sure you buy it every day if your refreshes get it to show up, because that's a steal.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Niton posted:

Super important note for you guys: The "Heart Earring" in the new Outlet Sale? It's supposed to be a scroll, but it's actually the full thing. Make sure you buy it every day if your refreshes get it to show up, because that's a steal.

That thing is bad rear end for djinni and pyrona, makes them have full rage after every fight

Edit: I don't know if it's just me but I'm finding the hard angel trial fights are cake till level 41 then jump 9000 BR

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 24, 2015

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Niton posted:

Nice catch. Thanks. I need 3 of them at least.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
The storm armor scroll parts are also the whole thing, which means you don't need to grind 50 parts from 10 stamina levels

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Yeah, it's a full 50. I've been buying those and the full Heart Earring each day, because they're so far out of line compared to the ripoffs that are pieces.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
this 55-70 stretch to get Athena is almost done, got 440 of the red pots to get her to 70 as soon as I ding

Kempy
Dec 15, 2009

Tony Homo posted:

Just got Bomb Master. Anyone ever use him? Is he any good? How do I get his cards to level him?

How did you manage to get him, was it just through the chest roll?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I did the 10 Super Divine pulls because they had a special and got him. Not sure how I'm going to upgrade him though.

He's level 51 currently.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Purple +2 so far has been a cake walk to get, the amount of time it takes to get form 61/63 to 71/73 give you way more time than needed to get your main group and in my case my 2nd and 3rd string guys ready to move up once the level unlocks in a couple days

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
If you're going to be putting up an Exploit before reset, put up a 12-hour. We only lost to PHREAKISH by about 1500 points Wednesday, we can totally get the 1st place for Saturday.

In other news, I need another single target DPS - my two main ones are Pyrona and Night Sentinel. Any suggestions?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Niton posted:

If you're going to be putting up an Exploit before reset, put up a 12-hour. We only lost to PHREAKISH by about 1500 points Wednesday, we can totally get the 1st place for Saturday.

In other news, I need another single target DPS - my two main ones are Pyrona and Night Sentinel. Any suggestions?

Berserker Claw is pretty decent single target with a back row stun, or possible soul slinger with an anti-heal ult

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
What are people eyeing from this weekends outlet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
godspeed or whatever the shoes are

• Locked thread