Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Using my knowledge of leftover Danish food, I think that may be about half a seared pork tenderloin, soaking in the remains of some pickled red cabbage.

More from the void: The Disasters of Wimbledon.

All from https://twitter.com/wewantplates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funxion
Nov 30, 2005

This man talks to empty chairs at conventions. Please help this man back to being an idol. Fight Alzheimers!

CannonFodder posted:

Cheez Whiz and MD20/20 for the fellas.

Only when your batch of meth is drying out though, not enough time otherwise.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Using my knowledge of leftover Danish food, I think that may be about half a seared pork tenderloin, soaking in the remains of some pickled red cabbage.

More from the void: The Disasters of Wimbledon.

All from https://twitter.com/wewantplates

"look, I dunno what the gently caress a tennis is, but if we serve some bullshit on a tennis oar, some idiot will buy it." --All of these restaurants.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I don't even want to know how much the Wimbledon food cost.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

E: awful all spazzed out

Thrifting Day! has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Jul 19, 2015

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Toriori posted:

I don't even want to know how much the Wimbledon food cost.

It's a loving lot. Even one slice of pizza is a rip off. Fortunately you can bring your own into the grounds.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I have gazed into the void and bring gifts...

This satisfies me, for some reason. Would.

e: Also, prepare your buns for another field trip.

Update: I waited at the counter at McDonald's for ten minutes, no service. So, the Maple Bacon Poutine was not that good, because I did not get to have any. End field report.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Jul 19, 2015

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_Ie5NX1f0

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
This kind of suits this thread, although I'd gladly eat at least half the stuff they make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K3LO9H_Yq0

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

DekeThornton posted:

This kind of suits this thread, although I'd gladly eat at least half the stuff they make.

Except for the cake, which I'm sure is delicious but holy crap, and that Mexican casserole thing I'd be down for all of that. Waffeled quesadillas sound amazing.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

DekeThornton posted:

You should post this in the lifehacks thread, they love waffle irons

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chard posted:

You should post this in the lifehacks thread, they love waffle irons

I've only read the first 3 pages of that thread, does it stay with people making fun of lifehacks or did it end up with everyone posting actual lifehacks

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
I have now traveled to the faraway province of Nova Scotia and partaken in the eating of the Poutine. It was good.

Crappy cell phone and poor lighting might qualify this for the tread:

My future hangovers are already missing it. And goddamn Halifax have the best seafood I've ever tasted so far.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've only read the first 3 pages of that thread, does it stay with people making fun of lifehacks or did it end up with everyone posting actual lifehacks

It stays pretty firmly on the mocking side of things. It's a good thread.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I haven't read that thread in a while, so this is the first thing I see upon revisiting it.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

cyberia posted:

It stays pretty firmly on the mocking side of things. It's a good thread.

Link, please?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I haven't read that thread in a while, so this is the first thing I see upon revisiting it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Not shown: that lady's 16 cats.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

She is indeed 16 cats, which is why she has difficulty preparing her own food.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

AlbieQuirky posted:

Not shown: that lady's 16 cats.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015
At least one of those things appears to be a cake. I feel curiosity and terror.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Contrecoup posted:

Speaking of cakes...

Twitter lady posted:

My nephew made his own birthday cake and instead of frosting he used butter. Visionary or madman?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Contrecoup posted:

2/3s of that food would turn out absolutely awful if prepared in a microwave. It's even more depressing than it originally seems when you realize that woman would be eating a rubbery grayish steak and pancakes with the texture of moist sand

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pentaro posted:

Speaking of cakes...

Given that buttercream exists... somewhere in between.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Eggplant Despair with Ennui Pâté

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Moacher posted:

Link, please?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649353&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

cash crab posted:

This satisfies me, for some reason. Would.

e: Also, prepare your buns for another field trip.

Update: I waited at the counter at McDonald's for ten minutes, no service. So, the Maple Bacon Poutine was not that good, because I did not get to have any. End field report.

There's a mcds a block away from my apartment

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

bunnyofdoom posted:

There's a mcds a block away from my apartment

They might have discontinued the Maple Bacon, to be honest. Or maybe not, perhaps my folly was going to Dufferin Mall.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Went to McDonalds on the weekend, Maple Bacon Poutine was in fact on offer. (I didn't eat it.)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Dogfish posted:

Went to McDonalds on the weekend, Maple Bacon Poutine was in fact on offer. (I didn't eat it.)

You FOOL

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pentaro posted:

Speaking of cakes...

Well I mean it looks the part so at least the kid is trying. Like if you didn't know that was butter you would assume its just a average buttercream icing job.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Has this been posted?
https://vimeo.com/90127834

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Contrecoup posted:

Those microwave mug brownies do work alright so it's probably like that.

Thought it's probably more effort to microwave a cake that size rather than just shoving it in the oven.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I remember seeing this in the lifehack thread, and the story of someone having to clean crusted cheese out of the thing because the user left it in there without washing it.

That being said: if you're in THAT desperate need of hot cheese dip, and you're in a hotel, this theoretically COULD work.

HOWEVER, if you're going to be a hambeast and do this, clean the loving thing once you're done, instead of leaving it for the housekeeping staff.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

freelop posted:

Those microwave mug brownies do work alright so it's probably like that.

Thought it's probably more effort to microwave a cake that size rather than just shoving it in the oven.
I was watching some variety of Anthony Bourdain rerun (I think No Reservations) and he was visiting some test kitchen for one of those reserve a year in advance prints Michelin stars sorts of places. All excited the chef wants to show Anthony his brand new variation of a desert. So he whips up a real light cake batter, pokes holes in a dixie cup, fills it up and microwaves it and you can see the gears in Anthony's head go into overdrive trying not to let out the fact that he is an rear end in a top hat judging this chef for filling seats months in advance with microwave cake.

e.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVf0OMYewcg

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

zedprime posted:

I was watching some variety of Anthony Bourdain rerun (I think No Reservations) and he was visiting some test kitchen for one of those reserve a year in advance prints Michelin stars sorts of places. All excited the chef wants to show Anthony his brand new variation of a desert. So he whips up a real light cake batter, pokes holes in a dixie cup, fills it up and microwaves it and you can see the gears in Anthony's head go into overdrive trying not to let out the fact that he is an rear end in a top hat judging this chef for filling seats months in advance with microwave cake.

e.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVf0OMYewcg

He is an rear end in a top hat but not for judging a Michelin starred chef on giving his customers microwave brownies

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

EZipperelli posted:

I remember seeing this in the lifehack thread, and the story of someone having to clean crusted cheese out of the thing because the user left it in there without washing it.

That being said: if you're in THAT desperate need of hot cheese dip, and you're in a hotel, this theoretically COULD work.

HOWEVER, if you're going to be a hambeast and do this, clean the loving thing once you're done, instead of leaving it for the housekeeping staff.

OR make a pot of hot water and sit your cheese jar in it to warm up.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
There's absolutely nothing wrong with using a microwave oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Cake mix boxes used to come with microwave instructions. It was actually a really popular way to make them in the 70s and 80s. The only real problem is that they don't form any sort of crust and, at least with full sized round cakes, the carousel action would make it turn out lop-sided so you'd need to correct it with uneven frosting. A microwave would be a lot faster than a convection oven and probably cost a lot less in terms of power/fuel.

• Locked thread