Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wait, just having a DSTwo in the slot reduces the sleep battery life? Thought it would only be drawing additional power if you were doing something that used the onboard processor in the cart.

I'm willing to bet it doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

canoshiz posted:

Weird, it should autodetect it every time you boot up the game (gives me a CPP turned on dialogue box first thing on boot). Have you tried closing and re-opening the game?

I tried a couple other games (Xenoblade and Smash) and neither of them were responding to the nub either, so I ended up calling Nintendo buuuuut...

5er posted:

I'd also throw in, completely shutting down the 3DS and booting it back up too.

Turns out this was my problem. :downs: I haven't turned the thing off since I got it. Completely turning it off fixed the problem and I felt like a doofus. The Nintendo Support lady was super nice anyway. :3: (But aren't they always?)

Anyway, crisis averted; my N3DS doesn't have a faulty nub; I can MonHun again! (Now if only I didn't suck at it so much...)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Silver Falcon posted:

(Now if only I didn't suck at it so much...)
its a hard game. i die all the time and ive played it for hundreds of hours

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Look up weapon tutorials on youtube and try them all out. Learning how the weapons combo really makes a difference. And use the Low Rank monsters to get an idea of the monster's patterns.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is there more to the Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold demo than the one quest?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is there more to the Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold demo than the one quest?

Yes?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wait, just having a DSTwo in the slot reduces the sleep battery life? Thought it would only be drawing additional power if you were doing something that used the onboard processor in the cart.

Yes, just having the DSTwo in causes the battery to die relatively quickly even in sleep mode. It's weird.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Happy Home Designer is getting 7-11 and Monster Hunter related furniture and villagers as DLC.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/collabo/index.html

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Champeenship posted:

Happy Home Designer is getting 7-11 and Monster Hunter related furniture and villagers as DLC.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/collabo/index.html

I've never wanted anything in my life more than the 7-11 horse

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I was the first goon to get all of the 7/11 gear before that save hack poo poo. I want my claim to fame, real poo poo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

noirstronaut posted:

I was the first goon to get all of the 7/11 gear before that save hack poo poo. I want my claim to fame, real poo poo.

Congratulations! You're famous :)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Wamdoodle posted:

Congratulations! You're famous :)

where's all the hot women

they're probably in splatoon, waiting for me

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mabels big day posted:

I've never wanted anything in my life more than the 7-11 horse

I hope fans portray the horse as the designated member of the super hero team that constantly sells out and accepts sponsorships.

Also are slurpees not a thing in Japanese 7-11s? I know the chain itself is huge over there but I had wondered why the most iconic thing about the store here in the states wasn't one of the available items back in New Leaf.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope fans portray the horse as the designated member of the super hero team that constantly sells out and accepts sponsorships.

Also are slurpees not a thing in Japanese 7-11s? I know the chain itself is huge over there but I had wondered why the most iconic thing about the store here in the states wasn't one of the available items back in New Leaf.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I meant actual brand slurpees with the logo on the machine or something.

Also I totally missed the Monster Hunter items and the fact that that's an actual villager and not a piece of furniture. Now I wish they were still somehow able to update New Leaf and bring all this new stuff over but it's probably not worth the effort for the most part.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I meant actual brand slurpees with the logo on the machine or something.

Also I totally missed the Monster Hunter items and the fact that that's an actual villager and not a piece of furniture. Now I wish they were still somehow able to update New Leaf and bring all this new stuff over but it's probably not worth the effort for the most part.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Aaaaaand now I want a melon Slurpee.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

God drat, I forgot how delicious Fanta Melon is.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yes, just having the DSTwo in causes the battery to die relatively quickly even in sleep mode. It's weird.

I think it has some kind of processor for the sake of GBA emulation that causes the drain.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Care to elaborate?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Detective No. 27 posted:

Care to elaborate?

You get to explore the first three floors and there are a couple of missions and quests along the way.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Care to elaborate?

My question mark was because I don't even understand your question. It's the whole first three floors of the game and has several quests.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
So Homepass question: Does anyone still have SMT IV on their Streetpass list? I've restarted my Homepass router for shits and giggles, and am sitting about 0/40 for SMT streetpasses. :(

Are there any lists of per-game MACs?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

My question mark was because I don't even understand your question. It's the whole first three floors of the game and has several quests.

Ah. I did the first quest and no other ones were popping up for me. I'll go explore the other floors.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Most Japanese try not to kill themselves via sugar so if there is a location that has Slurpees even the large is tiny compared to North America.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

hadji murad posted:

Most Japanese try not to kill themselves via sugar

Isn't it usually by hanging? :rimshot:

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Motto posted:

I think it has some kind of processor for the sake of GBA emulation that causes the drain.

I know the processor is also used for firmware upgrades, both when already working in a machine and after it has been blocked by a system update. I wonder if just showing the Alex Rider Stormbreaker icon causes drain. It just says it is a DSTwo on the DS and DSlite.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Ursine Asylum posted:

So Homepass question: Does anyone still have SMT IV on their Streetpass list? I've restarted my Homepass router for shits and giggles, and am sitting about 0/40 for SMT streetpasses. :(

Are there any lists of per-game MACs?

Strange question, but have you changed the position of where SMT IV comes up on your Streetpass list? On my system, the most recent game I've activated Streetpass for won't register any new streetpasses. I have to disable then re-enable an older game to bump my new game to a new spot on the list, and then it works. Could be worth trying.

SMT IV should be getting at least a few hits every now and then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo and Digipen are setting up a studio in Singapore with the goal of finding and collaborating with third-party devs to make 3DS eShop games: http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/games-apps/nintendo-and-digipen-launches-digipen-game-studios

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Does Homepass work with the New Nintendo 3DS XL?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I bought the Majora's Mask limited edition new for around £25 and it's so not worth the £45 or whatever the original retail price was.

The pin is really nice though.

e: Stars code still works even though the cut off date was end of March.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 21, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Does Homepass work with the New Nintendo 3DS XL?

Yes.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Silver Falcon posted:

Turns out this was my problem. :downs: I haven't turned the thing off since I got it. Completely turning it off fixed the problem and I felt like a doofus. The Nintendo Support lady was super nice anyway. :3: (But aren't they always?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone give me a tip as to how to make a good deck in pokemon trading card game? Is it better to stock up on base level pokemon or have more energy cards? Right now I'm like 50/50 as to winning or losing but it seems like its mostly rng screwing me over

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

- Use shittons of trainer cards. Your deck should basically always have 4 Bill, at the very least. Some Professor Oaks are good too. Computer Search is literally the best card in the game, bar none.
- You don't need as much energy as you think you do.
- Use at least few single-stage cards. Farfetch'd is a relatively easy one to get that can be decent early game.
- Some evolution lines are just better than others. For example, in a fire deck, Ponyta-Rapidash is waaaay better than Growlithe-Arcanine or Vulpix-Ninetales. gently caress around with your deck a lot until you figure out what cards are best.
- Stage 2 pokemon often aren't worth it because they usually take forever to come out. If you've got a few Pokemon Breeders that can make things a little better.
- Don't build a deck around Charizard. I'm sorry, but he sucks unless you combine him with Venusaur and that's annoying.
- Cards that attack the bench are cool and good. Cards with Pokemon Powers are usually also cool and good.
- There's a set of Jolteon/Vaporeon/Flareon that don't use any specific energy. They're useful because you can throw them in any deck (along with Eevee) and diversify your elemental types without having to add energy of that type.
- One energy for 20 damage on a basic pokemon is incredible

That's off the top of my head

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool thanks. I'm trying to go through with a water and electric deck and it's been okay so far. Should I try to make a jack of all trades deck instead of focus on one element

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

You should pretty much never try to build a deck with more than two types. Maybe three at the most

e: If you get lucky with booster packs you can just build Haymaker which will completely break the game

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I have all of those cards already, maybe I should do that. Although I kidna like the challenge :shrug:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Since you're fighting arena typed opponents most of the time, I'd recommend just making counter decks against those types as appropriate. Making decks with many types just guarantees you'll never have the right kind of energy on hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool will do. It seems like the difficulty right now is either extremely easy or extremely hard. It's weird. Who developed this game anyways