Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SirPhoebos posted:

I watched the Youtube vid of the story-Ravana fight. Has there been much trouble with clearing that?

Generally not. Every now and then you get a party full of idiots who seemingly do everything in their power to die horribly, but realistically you won't have an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

What are the red scrip gear prices looking like? With there being at least 5 pieces per class (plus MH/OH?) I can't imagine waiting around for the scrip cap each week is going to be doable compared to biting the bullet and gathering a couple hundred FC3s if you're any sort of omnicrafter.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Sentient Data posted:

To anyone that wants the physical ce with the statutes and books and whatnot, Amazon has both the ps3 and ps4 versions back in stock as brand new. I'm tempted, but I already have the non-ce version for the only system I can use and can't justify basically spending that much on the statute alone

I want it too, but yeah, ~150ish or more when I already have the game...ugh. Really want the statue though. :smith:

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wait, does this mean I still have to tp to Idlyshire and then to the Hinterlands? Why not just add an aetheryte in the Hinterlands itself?

The only reason this is an issue for me is because it takes quite a while for my pc to load Idlyshire. Maybe it's just time to upgrade my pc.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Freaksaus posted:

Wait, does this mean I still have to tp to Idlyshire and then to the Hinterlands? Why not just add an aetheryte in the Hinterlands itself?

The only reason this is an issue for me is because it takes quite a while for my pc to load Idlyshire. Maybe it's just time to upgrade my pc.

get an ssd

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SirPhoebos posted:

I watched the Youtube vid of the story-Ravana fight. Has there been much trouble with clearing that?

Six things you only really need to know for Ravana:

1) Have a wall behind you because his unavoidable AoE has knockback and will hit you off the cliff if there's no wall to catch you
2) Unless you're the tank, don't stand in front of the guy
3) His AoEs are pretty predictable and easy to avoid, they will have two steps, generally with either a get to the middle or get to the edges phase
4) Kill the butterflies ASAP when they show up
5) If you get targeted with his crossed blue sword attack, spread out from the other people targeted
6) Turn up the volume and enjoy the ridiculously great music

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
goblins are literally hitler satan

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Chyea posted:

how crazy is savage a2

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

quote:

FATEs
[2.0][3.0] FATEs have been adjusted as follows:
The level sync of FATEs in the areas surrounding Ishgard has been increased from three levels higher than the recommended level to four levels higher.

Experience awarded by FATEs in the areas surrounding Ishgard has been increased by 50%.

The difficulty of FATEs based on the previous number of participants has been adjusted. In the event a significant amount of time is required to complete a FATE, or players fail to complete it, the strength of enemies will be reduced when the FATE next appears.

Thank god, I was about to lose it over all the time spent in Nthan.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Christ, the reqs to even start making 2* level 60 crafts are insane, let alone HQing them. Forced NQ ingredients aren't really helping either.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I'll be returning to the game next month and I still need to buy the expansion. I have a coupon for 20% off the $40 price, should I just buy it now or is there any chance of it going on sale/getting discounted soon?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Chyea posted:

heh

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kharaa posted:

get an ssd

I have one but I hadn't even thouh of putting ffxiv on it since it always seemed to perform fine. Guess it's time to make some space for it.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

nuru posted:

What are the red scrip gear prices looking like? With there being at least 5 pieces per class (plus MH/OH?) I can't imagine waiting around for the scrip cap each week is going to be doable compared to biting the bullet and gathering a couple hundred FC3s if you're any sort of omnicrafter.

There seems to be two sets for each crafting class. One is i170, but craftable, HQ-able and meldable. The other is i180 and seems to be bought using red scrips, and is unmeldable. I don't know the prices, but I'm assuming the best way to save scrips in the long run if you are an omnicrafter is to focus on buying the LTW and WVR sets (including the main hands) to hit the baseline 2-star stats, and then crafting HQ versions of the i170 sets. Seems like the majority of the set pieces come from those two professions.

Again, this is just assumption and I could be totally off on this. I'm making a spreadsheet at the moment and compiling what i170 pieces come from what crafting classes. I'll edit this post when I figure it out.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Man, doing Ravana for the first time via Duty Finder is an exercise in frustration. Granted we had both a MCH and BRD to gum up the DPS a little but seriously, how hard is it to kill some frigging butterflies?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Calihan posted:

Man, doing Ravana for the first time via Duty Finder is an exercise in frustration. Granted we had both a MCH and BRD to gum up the DPS a little but seriously, how hard is it to kill some frigging butterflies?

I always seem to have issues with tanks facing him at the healers and watching them get cleaved into oblivion.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Lumis posted:

There seems to be two sets for each crafting class. One is i170, but craftable, HQ-able and meldable. The other is i180 and seems to be bought using red scrips, and is unmeldable. I don't know the prices, but I'm assuming the best way to save scrips in the long run if you are an omnicrafter is to focus on buying the LTW and WVR sets (including the main hands) to hit the baseline 2-star stats, and then crafting HQ versions of the i170 sets. Seems like the majority of the set pieces come from those two professions.

Again, this is just assumption and I could be totally off on this. I'm making a spreadsheet at the moment and compiling what i170 pieces come from what crafting classes. I'll edit this post when I figure it out.

NY point was mainly that gearing via just scrip is going to take a very long time unless prices are in the realm of 50 to 100 per piece. The vendor vs melded idea was pretty clear though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Chyea posted:

I donno man, maybe the cheese is really good. I loving love cheese. I type this eating nachos for breakfast.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

nuru posted:

NY point was mainly that gearing via just scrip is going to take a very long time unless prices are in the realm of 50 to 100 per piece. The vendor vs melded idea was pretty clear though.

I took a quick look at the gathering gear this morning before work. The mainhands require 26 Rowena's tokens each, at 50 red scrips per. With 450 red scrips a week, that's 3 weeks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

I always seem to have issues with tanks facing him at the healers and watching them get cleaved into oblivion.

That's either the tank trying to soak Blinding Blade via the party, or him trying to turn Ravana during butterflies to face away from the adds, turning too far and Tapasaying everyone to death.

My hot rear end tank tip for butterfly phase as a tank: wall sections require three full Tapasayas to crumble. If you tank Ravana close to the middle (not exactly on it, just a bit north/south of it) during the first phase, and then move him back near towards the wall after the first Tapasaya comes out, you can safely avoid getting knocked off while leaving the majority of the arena open for melee DPS to kill the butterflies.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

That might be an issue similar to Shiva, wherein the EX version of the fight has a damage split mechanic which is just a regular cleave in the hard version. There's a single tank strat for RavEx that involves making the entire party eat Blinding Blade, which is probably a good way to wipe in RavHd

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You certainly can single tank it, but, like... there's not really any big reason to, considering that both DRK and WAR can pump out comparable DPS to a full DPS. The current fastest Ravana Ex kill in the world uses two tanks. It just seems like a weird cargo cult idea people have.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Calihan posted:

Wait until you try DFing Bismarck. :shepicide:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nipponophile posted:

I took a quick look at the gathering gear this morning before work. The mainhands require 26 Rowena's tokens each, at 50 red scrips per. With 450 red scrips a week, that's 3 weeks.

So gear can be crafted or bought with scrips. Are the main hands scrip only?

Also, are the materials for the crafted gear just gathered/crafted or does any of it require materials bought with scrips?

It seems like this whole system is REALLY going to gently caress over anyone who does not have a massive pile of gear sitting around. People with tens of millions of gear will be able to complete all their crafter AF sets really loving fast while those who can't afford that are going to be forced to wait out 6+ months to gear up.

I thought that was what the scrip system was supposed to prevent.

Edit: also, I wonder how scrip gear compares to fully melded crafted gear. I already saw that scrip gear is better than unmelded HQ crafted gear, but I wonder how that changes with melds. I think it would be nice if the scrip gear was just like 5% better than fully melded HQ AF gear.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mordiceius posted:

So gear can be crafted or bought with scrips. Are the main hands scrip only?

No, there are crafted versions of those too.

I hope red scrips aren't too awful so I can get my charity WVR AF2 eventually because loving hell.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

nuru posted:

Well, the red Rowena tokens are 50 a pop for both crafters and gatherers, according to Garlandtools.org. I would assume the rate of buying items will be similar between them, so yeah. Long time, indeed, as apparently even a lot of the crafted gear is gonna require items bought using tokens as well.

Also, doesn't look like the gatherer's gear has a craftable equivalent to their i180 gear.

Basically, if you are a crafter/gatherer, be prepared for a long grind. (Please look forward to it!)

EDIT: To show the difference between the stats on the meldable i170 and scrip-bought i180 (according to the info on Garlandtools):

i180 Weaver Chest (non-meldable) = 239 craftsmanship, 75 control, 4 CP

i170 Weaver Chest (HQ, meldable) = 225 (261 max) craftsmanship, 70 (82 max) control, 4 (4 max) CP. Also dyeable, because gently caress you that's why.

Lumis fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 21, 2015

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Lumis posted:

Basically, if you are a crafter/gatherer, be prepared for a long grind. (Please look forward to it!)

I was under the impression that they wanted to walk back from the grind a little bit, like how they were saying they didn't want people to be compelled to get all the classes to max level, and how there would be a casual option for people who don't want to deal with materia.

After seeing all this and looking at the materia caps/Demimateria requirements I'm not sure I want to care about crafting anymore :smith:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

If the weapon is an indication it takes as long to get crafter af with scrip as battle gear with esoterics. That's not what I expected, but it makes sense if their mindset is that scrips are for the people with one crafting class and the omni folks can go spend compulsory piles of Gil.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

nuru posted:

If the weapon is an indication it takes as long to get crafter af with scrip as battle gear with esoterics. That's not what I expected, but it makes sense if their mindset is that scrips are for the people with one crafting class and the omni folks can go spend compulsory piles of Gil.

I'm an omnicrafter who just with HW started getting really into crafting. I've never touched desynthesis and as for gil, I generally fluctuate between 1 to 5 million gil depending on what I'm doing and how things are selling. Basically, am I hosed?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Doing the Gnath quests I can't help but think "I hope no-one at SE was a fan of The Dark Nest Trilogy...:shepface:"

KoB
May 1, 2009
I main PLD, do you think I should grind out the Eso weapon or should I focus on replacing my leftside Law gear? Ive got the Alex Pants/boots

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Chyea posted:

I fully anticipate Pepsiman being turbohitler

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I'm an omnicrafter who just with HW started getting really into crafting. I've never touched desynthesis and as for gil, I generally fluctuate between 1 to 5 million gil depending on what I'm doing and how things are selling. Basically, am I hosed?

If your expectation was that you'd just be a top tier omnicrafter, yes. But that shouldn't have been your expectation anyway since even for most omni folks it's not necessary.

To put things into perspective, in ARR to be an omnicrafter you had to craft 8 sets of AF gear, full right side, and a belt and then tri/quad/penta meld each piece depending on the materia. That's where we are now in 3.05, except that there is a penultimate red scrip path that doesn't require melds and the crafted AF is significantly more expensive to craft than before because it uses fieldcraft 3s for every piece.

nuru fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 21, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh man, rip being able to Gravity like 10 times in a row with Lightspeed.

It wasn't particularly useful, but it was fun.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KoB posted:

I main PLD, do you think I should grind out the Eso weapon or should I focus on replacing my leftside Law gear? Ive got the Alex Pants/boots

I'm honestly ambivalent about the i200 Paladin weapon, since it junks the Skill Speed on the Hive Shamshir for Parry (blegh!!). I think I'll wait for someone to suss the math out on it to see if it's actually a DPS increase or not.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

seiferguy posted:

6) Turn up the volume and enjoy the ridiculously great music

This. A thousand times this. :ussr:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Is there a good guide for fresh 60s? I haven't touched hunts, I keep seeing stuff about scrips, I don't know.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

nuru posted:

I don't know the prices, but my rough draft plan is to buy up the scrips gear for WVR LTW and BSM, and then use those to make gear for everything else as I'm able.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Is there a good guide for fresh 60s? I haven't touched hunts, I keep seeing stuff about scrips, I don't know.

Two pages back my dude

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbmBVks_f36Ytw7INoQkHYchB5_QSiYhGA4MCl0rhZ0/preview?sle=true&pli=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbmBVks_f36Ytw7INoQkHYchB5_QSiYhGA4MCl0rhZ0/preview?sle=true

• Locked thread