Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

CommonShore posted:

It looks like CCP gave the skill points to the highest SP character on the account rather than to the one which was actively training.

:ccp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CommonShore posted:

It looks like CCP gave the skill points to the highest SP character on the account rather than to the one which was actively training.

For real? I have 2 accounts with 2 characters on each and all 4 got 50,000 sp but I have dual training active on both accounts..

Harpsychord
Jan 13, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

Reavers are doing some HML/HAM Tengu stuff that's pretty fun.

Good to know my skills aren't totally irrelevant. As soon as I get my butt out of 2+ year vacation mode I'll look into it. Thanks!

EDIT: API updated and email sent to newbies@goonfleet.com to get myself out of vacation mode.

Harpsychord fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 21, 2015

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I had a probing alt training last tues, along with my 90m SP main, and that alt got the SP. I'd rather have it on my main, as that alt finished out :argh: :ccp:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hexel posted:

For real? I have 2 accounts with 2 characters on each and all 4 got 50,000 sp but I have dual training active on both accounts..

Yeah. I have an account with a non-training 55 million sp guy and a training 10 million sp guy, and the 55 million guy got the points. I could put in a petition, but :effort:.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

please do not get too upset at the gift of 18 hours of SP being not exactly where you want it

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
They've always just done the highest SP character gets bonus compensation SP.

I think the first time it happened they briefly asked the community which was best oldest character or highest SP, and with those options highest SP was the clear choice. It's always going to be something that could be done with a simple database lookup, and for whatever reason determining which character is actively training in a big batch job is not simple.

Hexel posted:

Definitely because you have dual training going. Nice that they accounted for that.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I really like having 50k sp just in my pocket for emergencies. Like when you realize that you never actually trained a gun spec, just injected it and moved on, but you are now sitting in a ship with those t2 weapons and need to move out.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

please do not get too upset at the gift of 18 hours of SP being not exactly where you want it

I don't mind, I just find it silly that they're kind of inconsistent. edit: Honestly it's more useful on that alt, as my main only has long grinds to look forward to :shrug:.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

I don't mind, I just find it silly that they're kind of inconsistent. edit: Honestly it's more useful on that alt, as my main only has long grinds to look forward to :shrug:.

Knock a day off a long skill and promptly forget they gave you 50k sp, because it's pretty inconsequential. 1 day of free sp... yay?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
After training my dudes for like 7 years I'm so loving excited to get 18 free hours

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

See, I wanted that SP on my alt because of remap reasons - I'm moving and it would have allowed me to inject a bunch of books before being unable to log in for a while. Now it's just going to sit on a character for whom 50k is, as you say, useless.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

CommonShore posted:

See, I wanted that SP on my alt because of remap reasons - I'm moving and it would have allowed me to inject a bunch of books before being unable to log in for a while. Now it's just going to sit on a character for whom 50k is, as you say, useless.

Enjoy the free SP you wouldn't have had anyway then?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
This free and fairly tiny thing you gave me isn't exactly how i want it. This is mildly irritating me and i shall let the forums know. Eve.txt

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

vyst posted:

Enjoy the free SP you wouldn't have had anyway then?

Hey now, it's tradition for people to cry when ccp gives away free poo poo and it isn't exactly what they want or how they want it. Eveo forums couldn't contain all that crying forever. It had to spill out if there and reddit eventually.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

You guys are like the cunty girl in the first Williy Wonka movie.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
any decent rail hecate fits for solo? the one i made seems like poo poo on paper, like literal poo poo

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Captn Kurp posted:

any decent rail hecate fits for solo? the one i made seems like poo poo on paper, like literal poo poo

Posted earlier in this thread; courtesy of Ullerrm

[Hecate, Kiting Hecate]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Overdrive Injector System II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

You guys are like the cunty girl in the first Williy Wonka movie.

Video game players bitching about free stuff??? nooooooo

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Gotta say, the Xenuria article on TMC is pretty good.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

pugnax posted:

Gotta say, the Xenuria article on TMC is pretty good.

I can't find it, though that shouldn't be shocking the site has been garbage for a while now.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

I can't find it, though that shouldn't be shocking the site has been garbage for a while now.

Agreed. Comically, Xenuria's articles have been some of the best there in the last couple months.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I've enjoyed Feiryred's space news articles as well, they're always informative with decent links/sources.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Feiryred's articles always read as if they've been edited by a drunk donkey, and i'm morally convinced Xenuria's articles are ghost written.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

My personal favourites are FearlessLittleToaster's (I think?) Op-eds. While Xenuria's articles are good, I find his writing incredibly pretentious. Also, his most recent article fell a little flat for me.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

CainFortea posted:

Feiryred's articles always read as if they've been edited by a drunk donkey, and i'm morally convinced Xenuria's articles are ghost written.

I can 100% confirm that Xenuria writes his own stuff.... the real fun comes when you get to listen to him in Slack though :suicide:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

This free and fairly tiny thing you gave me isn't exactly how i want it. This is mildly irritating me and i shall let the forums know. Eve.txt

The point is that this free and tiny thing isn't awarded how CCP explicitly said that they'd award it. :fuckoff:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I, for one, am shocked that Xenuria has a pretentious writing style.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

He's actually pretty insightful if you can reign in his autism. Which is rare.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

He's actually pretty insightful if you can reign in his autism. Which is rare.

His and boats pissing matches in H1Z1 were obnoxious. It was like an autism war and I'm pretty sure goons lost.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
when does he join GSF :heysexy:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Foehammer007 posted:

when does he join GSF :heysexy:

When I join hole squad.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

vyst posted:

When I join hole squad.

The first stage is denial, Vyst. You're here now. You'd never join hole squad, you know that, everyone knows that.

The next stage is anger. It'll annoy you that hole squad is on your mind. It'll anger you that this is even a concern.

Bargaining comes next. You'll think "what if I did...." "what could go wrong" "how bad can it really be"...

Fourth, depression strikes. At this point, the decision is already made. You're going to join hole squad, you just can't face admitting it.

Finally? Well... Finally you're popping ex-renters in the north east while flying your ridiculously over-pimped <insert faction something here>, before returning to your wormhole and proclaiming small gang pvp is dead.

It's all over now, Vyst. It's over.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hello i will ban xenuria until im unable to ban on goonfleet dot com if vyst somehow has a mental breakdown and starts letting him in

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
After much consideration my 50.000 free skill points went into sentry drone interfacing 5.

The way I see it Eve has 4 types of attribute modes.

Perception/Willpower (Weapon systems and hull skills)
Intelligence/Memory (Sciency nerd stuff, repair skills, support skills, drugs/capacitor/ewar)
Memory/Perception (Drone skills)
Charisma/Willpower (Leadership skills)

People will spend a majority of their time on the first one while serving a few tours of duty on the second one if they have the patience or a remap to burn.

I have a single bonus remap that I may one day burn on Wing Command 3-4-5 just for the fleer use but I will probably never use a drone remap for a full year.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hello i will ban xenuria until im unable to ban on goonfleet dot com if vyst somehow has a mental breakdown and starts letting him in

I wouldn't worry about it. Him and prencleeve will never cross through my gates with my knowledge. They are probably both in FCON anyway

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

I wouldn't worry about it. Him and prencleeve will never cross through my gates with my knowledge. They are probably both in FCON anyway

karma more likely :v:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Zephyrine posted:

After much consideration my 50.000 free skill points went into sentry drone interfacing 5.

The way I see it Eve has 4 types of attribute modes.

Perception/Willpower (Weapon systems and hull skills)
Intelligence/Memory (Sciency nerd stuff, repair skills, support skills, drugs/capacitor/ewar)
Memory/Perception (Drone skills)
Charisma/Willpower (Leadership skills)

People will spend a majority of their time on the first one while serving a few tours of duty on the second one if they have the patience or a remap to burn.

I have a single bonus remap that I may one day burn on Wing Command 3-4-5 just for the fleer use but I will probably never use a drone remap for a full year.

Or you go with the even-split Int/Per and not bother with implants or attributes or remaps or any of that crap ever again.

just sayin

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Agrikk posted:

Or you go with the even-split Int/Per and not bother with implants or attributes or remaps or any of that crap ever again.

just sayin

I'm too young for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

karma more likely :v:

Well Xenuria was in KarmaFleet..... for 6 minutes

• Locked thread