Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I never actually noticed it before, but that juggalo running man really looks like a swastika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

My logical mind is aware that these costumes are super well done, and I was trying to figure out why I thought the picture looked a little...off. Then I realized that this Marceline's vampire teeth are on her incisors, rather than her canines (as seen in every other vampire portrayal, ever), so it doesn't look like a vampire is "supposed" to look. IMMERSION RUINED

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Patattack posted:

My logical mind is aware that these costumes are super well done, and I was trying to figure out why I thought the picture looked a little...off. Then I realized that this Marceline's vampire teeth are on her incisors, rather than her canines (as seen in every other vampire portrayal, ever), so it doesn't look like a vampire is "supposed" to look. IMMERSION RUINED

Don't Teeth shame.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's why I can't watch TruBlood.
Aside from it being a lovely show.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Don't Teeth shame.

Someone please edit one of those sets to "Twilight", then use blingee to make it sparkle.

Thanks in advance.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

VendaGoat posted:

Don't Teeth shame.

Huh! Never seen True Blood, but I think it looks kinda silly on them, too.

edit: I figured it out! They look like they're wearing those cheap plastic fangs that are too small for an adult's mouth.

Patattack has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Jul 19, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
That and instead of having to "snarl" to bear their fangs, they just have to make a dopey overbite. Totally different body language.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Why are you posting a picture of Emilia Clarke? :confused:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Looks more like Ellen Page.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

joat mon posted:

A/K/A Nigel Tufnel, A/K/A The Six Fingered Man, etc.

AKA Baron Haden-Guest. While as an American Jamie Lee Curtis doesn't adopt the style of Baroness, she makes an exception to get restaurant reservations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kudos for book-accurate violet eyes. Needs silver hair to complete the look though.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Please play Ghost Trick.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
How well do those crazy hairdos hold up to damage? I always wonder if the rigidity of the glue or whatever will cause them to snap and dangle after a hard enough bump.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"Haha, I died!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Suspicious Cook posted:

Please play Ghost Trick.

There's no Panic Dance Guard, 7/10 :rolleyes:.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Is this an action bronson cosplay from the symbol music video? Lol

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's no Panic Dance Guard, 7/10 :rolleyes:.

Here's one better and Shu Takumi doing the dance himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fOj5NtU1g

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Axel Serenity posted:

Why are you posting a picture of Emilia Clarke? :confused:

Thanks to the fact that they didn't bother getting Dany's eye color right in the show, this person has actually done a better Dany costume than Emilia's.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Thanks to the fact that they didn't bother getting Dany's eye color right in the show, this person has actually done a better Dany costume than Emilia's.

They tried contacts early in Season 1 (Dinklage was wearing some in the first episode) but the showrunners felt like they couldn't get them to look convincing enough and abandoned the idea during production.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McSpergin posted:

Is this an action bronson cosplay from the symbol music video? Lol

Nah, it's a character from Ghost Trick.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

They tried contacts early in Season 1 (Dinklage was wearing some in the first episode) but the showrunners felt like they couldn't get them to look convincing enough and abandoned the idea during production.

As I recall the contacts made it harder for the actors to emote, which is sort of important in a drama.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Also colored contacts are annoying as hell to wear and I can't imagine they would be fun to wear every day for shoots. Maybe something added post would work.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

Mr E posted:

Also colored contacts are annoying as hell to wear and I can't imagine they would be fun to wear every day for shoots. Maybe something added post would work.

Tell that to Brent Spiner.

In fact, there's one episode where they forgot to put in his contacts before filming a scene and you see his actual blue eyes and it's loving WEIRD.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

To be fair, emoting is not one of that character's strengths.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

jmistajay posted:

Tell that to Brent Spiner.

In fact, there's one episode where they forgot to put in his contacts before filming a scene and you see his actual blue eyes and it's loving WEIRD.

That was an episode where Worf kept getting batted around alternate realities with differences including that, or Wesley Crusher being in the command staff.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mr E posted:

I'm watching The X-Files for the first time, and in one of the first episodes there's a dude who is shown wearing these freaky contacts. If contacts in 2015 suck to wear, imagine how he must have felt in 1993.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Atmus posted:

That was an episode where Worf kept getting batted around alternate realities with differences including that, or Wesley Crusher being in the command staff.

I thought that was the episode where Geordi and Data had a sleepover.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Mr E posted:

Will no one suffer for the art anymore!?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Colonial Air Force posted:

Will no one suffer for the art anymore!?

Do corsets count?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr E posted:

Clancy Brown has said that the all black contacts he had to wear in Carnivale were just awful.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

Atmus posted:

Huh, I always thought it was a production error, but yeah, now remembering which episode it is that's pretty obvious. Still unnerving looking.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

To be fair, emoting is not one of that character's strengths.

Her dumb wig doesn't look convincing either, so that's not a good argument!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

The wig is fine.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Found an anglerfish

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

New Leaf posted:

I'm watching The X-Files for the first time, and in one of the first episodes there's a dude who is shown wearing these freaky contacts. If contacts in 2015 suck to wear, imagine how he must have felt in 1993.

Or 1987. Bruce Campbell talked about how painful the all white, GLASS contacts he had to wear Evil Dead 2. Did not report a pleasant experience.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Davros1 posted:

Or 1987. Bruce Campbell talked about how painful the all white, GLASS contacts he had to wear Evil Dead 2. Did not report a pleasant experience.

Yeah, after reading his autobio I can't help but mentally time shots before they cut away when the deadite eyes are seen for any character. They're surprisingly quick because those contacts were just absolutely unbearable for everyone.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

The second episode of Star Trek the Original Series has a character with reflective silver contacts that were so bad to wear the actor could barely open his eyes. If you watch it he's all squinty the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Clearly they've gotta figure out a workable solution before making Neuromancer because that movie should not exist without mirror lenses

• Locked thread