Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"Big Tobackup" is great, and I'm glad that "people of all stars and stripes" continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I thought both characs were actually perfect for the episode. Scott's dogged pursuit of stupid was reflected by the absurd thinness of Stephanie's setup and the lazy poorness of Mookie's impression.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Good great ep. C-.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

When Tig responded "oh, I took it" to the missing hat, nearly both completely sabotaging the bit and by proxy ethering CBB as a concept, I died.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

...Tick.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Regardless of Scott adding silly commentary, I think he's an exceptional interviewer and I would listen to a non-comedy show of him talking to people. Not everyone is good at maintaining a conversation.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

New ep

http://store.earwolf.com/store/digital/5047/comedy-bang-bang-live-from-comic-con-2015-w-derek-waters-paul-f-tompkins-ta

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
C Unt.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tofupeople.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Check out the facts it's the Hollywood Facts (board game): http://hollywoodfacts.biz/

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
When do you get to take out your diiiiiiiick

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
♪♪♪Solo Bolo♪♪♪

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

This is phenomenal

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Proclick. Amazing job!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
YOU DUMB OLD BITCH.

That was funny.

totempoleman
Jan 20, 2005

Make a jazz note here.
I might actually have to watch the emmys this year.

http://splitsider.com/2015/07/scott-aukerman-and-the-comedy-bang-bang-writers-are-writing-this-years-emmys/

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Anna Ferris-Wheel and Chris Pine Tree.

The comedy stylings of Scott Aukerman and Zouks

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

Anna Ferris-Wheel and Chris Pine Tree.

The comedy stylings of Scott Aukerman and Zouks

Yeah, my immediate reaction was "Oh, people are going to hate this." I am eager for the general public's reaction to three hours of Scott Aukerman/Neil Campbell/Paul Rust-penned puns and circular arguments.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I really wouldn't expect too much. There really isn't that much time for jokes between awards being handed out.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I thought one of Scott's main gigs before CBB took off was writing for award shows.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Meester Wayne

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah, my immediate reaction was "Oh, people are going to hate this." I am eager for the general public's reaction to three hours of Scott Aukerman/Neil Campbell/Paul Rust-penned puns and circular arguments.

It would rule so hard if Samberg entered the stage to the tune of Hollywood Facts. There is literally no way it can happen, but still.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

GoutPatrol posted:

I thought one of Scott's main gigs before CBB took off was writing for award shows.

The Bruno/Eminem thing from that MTV awards was one of his, right?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Yeah he got in trouble for talking about how it was done.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't know if he wrote it but he sure got in trouble for blabbing that it was a staged joke.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
That was staged????

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

That was staged????

Just wait until you hear about Kanye's "greatest of all time" interruption...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
This is the second time in recent memory Scott totally hosed up with an actress and it was funny.

Jamie Chung and now Marguerite Moreau asking about her debut and she was like "no mighty ducks was" and Scott just being confused. It was fun.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Besson posted:

Meester Wayne
That was my first thought as well. I hope every introduction features a tortured pun

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

David Wain was really good and he is a funny dude.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Scott joking about babies dying with a pregnant woman.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I've never actually seen Wet Hot American Summer, and up until listening to CBB and several other comedy podcasts, i'd never even heard of it. The few people I know who have seen it say it's terrible. Is it this thing that only comedians love and everyone else is ambivalent about?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

soggybagel posted:

Scott joking about babies dying with a pregnant woman.

Also calling Kulap his ex-girlfriend with no 'who I married' to qualify it this time. That's one of my favorite running items from the podcast because it's obviously irritating to her.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 23, 2015

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
The people you know are terrible. Wet Hot American Summer is an amazing movie that totally holds up.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

ArtVandelay posted:

I've never actually seen Wet Hot American Summer, and up until listening to CBB and several other comedy podcasts, i'd never even heard of it. The few people I know who have seen it say it's terrible. Is it this thing that only comedians love and everyone else is ambivalent about?

It's a silly movie. It's a great film, but very silly.

It's typical of other Wain/Showalter joints such as Stella and Children's Hospital.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's one of the best cult classic comedies out there, but I imagine it's a lot different watching it fresh in 2015 knowing that all the people in it became pretty/very famous, compared to when it came out and its like "Oh the guy from Frasier and Janeane Garofalo", which doesn't set so many expectations. It's a film that you can watch so many times though, and will always be my favourite Wain movie I think.

Really hope the series is as good as it is in my head. They've over-baked the 80s video effects in the teasers, but it just looks so good.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

Your friends are crazy. If you like CBB, odds are good that you'll like Wet Hot.

You are ready to be taught...the New Way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAtfpvoltHM

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

JethroMcB posted:

Your friends are crazy. If you like CBB, odds are good that you'll like Wet Hot.

Yeah, I watched it for the first time just today and was shocked that Scott Aukerman had no hand in its creation.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah it's one of the best cult classic comedies out there, but I imagine it's a lot different watching it fresh in 2015 knowing that all the people in it became pretty/very famous, compared to when it came out and its like "Oh the guy from Frasier and Janeane Garofalo", which doesn't set so many expectations. It's a film that you can watch so many times though, and will always be my favourite Wain movie I think.

Really hope the series is as good as it is in my head. They've over-baked the 80s video effects in the teasers, but it just looks so good.

Alternatively, when this movie came out, my ex-girlfriend who I married told me who everyone was and what skit from The State they were in.

I was just stoked that I could pick out Molly Shannon and Paul Rudd.

I still contend that Rudd's double-take at the end of Wet Hot is the greatest double-take ever committed to film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Your ex-girlfriend whom you married sounds pretty awesome.