Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Washington's War was fun. I lost as the British despite winning battles up and down Virginia because I didn't press my advantage and disperse Congress early enough, and the American player utilized political control a lot better than I did. I really dig CDG games although I didn't like it quite as much Twilight Struggle (there seems to be a bit more randomness I got kinda screwed by American player drawing two end game cards which allowed him to end it really early).

I have Combat Commander, Wilderness War, and Paths of Glory -- I imagine I should go somewhat in that order on my CDG adventure? Maybe WIiderness before CC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

T-Bone posted:

I have Combat Commander, Wilderness War, and Paths of Glory -- I imagine I should go somewhat in that order on my CDG adventure? Maybe WIiderness before CC?

In my opinion, CC is a pretty odd duck in that lineup. It's a lot more fast paced and unique than the standard "event or ops" CDG mechanic.

An astounding game for sure, though!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Wilderness War is a weird one in my opinion. It is a good game, but it is a game where it is difficult to actually determine what you have to do, how you do it and how to actually get into a position where you can win. Even in monster WWII games you can usually see what your aims are and how to set about achieving them: Wilderness War doesn't really have that. Combat Commander is a lot easier than WW but it is a very different system: the game is quite random and chaotic and you have to get used to that before you can appreciate it.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard
EMPIRE OF THE SUN HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Also, played Jena-Auerstadt in CC Napoleonics. Won Jena as Prussians. Lost Aueerstadt. Both quite close, and very hard for rpussians.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Have you actually played it yet? Also, this sunday are you free? Or anytime in the weekdays next week after 2:30 pm?

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard

Tekopo posted:

Have you actually played it yet? Also, this sunday are you free? Or anytime in the weekdays next week after 2:30 pm?

No, No, Maybe on Wednesday/Friday.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

tomdidiot, it is NOT weird to look forward to clipping the counters for Empire of the Sun :colbert:

It's not, right? :ohdear:

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard
Counter clipping is like Male Circumcision. Brutal, medically unnecessary, and a aweird American tradition we don't want over here.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

tomdidiot posted:

Counter clipping is like Male Circumcision. Brutal, medically unnecessary, and a aweird American tradition we don't want over here.

But it looks so much better

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

It's much cleaner as well.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

And I don't get infections on my penis anymore!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Please don't touch counters with your penis, clipped or not :gonk:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Tekopo posted:

tomdidiot, it is NOT weird to look forward to clipping the counters for Empire of the Sun :colbert:

It's not, right? :ohdear:

Does this turn you on? Go on, you can admit it...

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Please don't kinkshame.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
ASLRB and SK1 came in today. I need a counter clipper :ohdear:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Jobbo_Fett posted:

ASLRB and SK1 came in today. I need a counter clipper :ohdear:

Man, since you bought the ASLRB now you're going to have to buy Beyond Valor when it's back in print!

RIP your wallet forevermore...

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Tekopo posted:

Please don't touch counters with your penis, clipped or not :gonk:

Look, the counters just perform better if you provide R&R facilities. And until EotS gets an expansion with brothel counters, Frisk is just gonna have to roll up his sleeves, pull down his trousers, and do it himself.

It's a little something we Americans like to call dedication. :911:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

COOL CORN posted:

Man, since you bought the ASLRB now you're going to have to buy Beyond Valor when it's back in print!

RIP your wallet forevermore...

I just wish Canada didn't have some weird law that makes Oregon Lamination products illegal (Seriously, I can't find one anywhere)

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Oldstench posted:

Does this turn you on? Go on, you can admit it...

My goodness, they look so *big* with the corners clipped.

Gracious. I have the vapors.

BrainBot
Aug 18, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I just wish Canada didn't have some weird law that makes Oregon Lamination products illegal (Seriously, I can't find one anywhere)

100% agree. I'm looking at the feasibility of getting one shipped to a hotel while I'm in LA for work.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

BrainBot posted:

100% agree. I'm looking at the feasibility of getting one shipped to a hotel while I'm in LA for work.

Apparently there's a guy on BGG offering to bring some to Vancouver and Ottawa, since he'll be visiting those locations this year. Figure it's worth a shot :shrug:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I just wish there were a place in the US to get Raaco boxes for less than like... $75 per box.

BrainBot
Aug 18, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Apparently there's a guy on BGG offering to bring some to Vancouver and Ottawa, since he'll be visiting those locations this year. Figure it's worth a shot :shrug:

Christmas for Vancouver is awhile to wait, but if this shipping thing doesn't go through I guess it's an alternative.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

COOL CORN posted:

I just wish there were a place in the US to get Raaco boxes for less than like... $75 per box.

Googled some

http://www.newark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?st=Raaco&catalogId=15003&categoryId=800000005978&langId=-1&storeId=10194

Does that help?

Edit: Guess it helps to know which box you're talking about, my bad!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Googled some

http://www.newark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?st=Raaco&catalogId=15003&categoryId=800000005978&langId=-1&storeId=10194

Does that help?

Edit: Guess it helps to know which box you're talking about, my bad!

They're just a middle man for shipping from the UK - shipping would be around $70 :(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

COOL CORN posted:

They're just a middle man for shipping from the UK - shipping would be around $70 :(

drat, that's harsh.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Back in the grim darkness of 2012, I visited Saint Petersburg. It's a pretty cool place, if you prepare for the perpetually abysmal weather. Being an incurable grog, I went to the city's Museum of Artillery, Engineering and Communications Forces. It was also pretty cool, you should give it a look if you're nearby. Fairly Napolenonic-centric, but with bunch of soviet-era stuff parked on the courtyard. But, to the point.

I liked the place well enough to consider throwing some money on souvenirs. Imagine my surprise when museum shop turned out not to be a mere postcard shop, but a proper nerdcave, with about half the space filled by plastic models and honest-to-god, local wargames. I saw some magazine-scale games, what looked like a musket era Memoir'44 ripoff and two "proper" game boxes - first about the battle of Kursk, and the other depicting Смутное время, the turbulent interregnum years of early XVII century and a bitch of an event chain in Europa Universalis IV. Looking at the box, I figured these probably won't be very good, but being fairly cheap I decided to take one as a souvenir/collection piece. I ultimately decided on The Time of Troubles because of its fairly unique theme.

I pretty much got exactly what I expected.

As presented by my sexy assistant, Tikhomir.

СМУТА: The Time of Troubles is not a wargaming masterpiece. To be frank, it's a sort of a consim Munchkin, a product of an alternate reality where Steve Jackson was born in Russia and used spare playtest cards to design We The People as a follow-up to OGRE. The printing leaves no doubt the publisher is a garage-budget operation (though truth be told, the components are sturdy enough, they just look rather lame, with counters printed only on one side, ugly, spartan card layout, etc.). Game design is somewhat clunky in its un-modernness and the whole thing sort of outstays its welcome with the full set of players. It's also printed in Russian, meaning I have pretty much nobody to play it with. Was this post a review, I couldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't know fully well what he's getting into.

And yet I cannot say I regret I bought it. It might not be competing with my favourites, but it's not utter trash, like some other Slavic games I hope to show you in the future. It's got some cool ideas and mechanics. It's playable for up to five players, and that's a lightly contested territory for wargames. It's quite funny in a dark way, in the exact same way the Republic of Rome can be when the game goes medieval on your senators. And last, but not least, it is so clearly a labor of love you can't help but be happy for the authors. There's two different graphics for mounted cossack counters, just to look nice. There's a separate 15-page booklet filled solely with historical notes, including short biographies of all leaders present in the game. There's a bloody pair of plastic tweezers packed into each box.

Honestly, it's not very useful, but incredibly sweet nevertheless.

Now, I've wasted all these words on Smuta, because I'm about to half-calandale this thread like it's page 2. I say "half" because in most uncalandale fashion I'll stick to text and photos in lieu of video (technical reasons) and it won't be entirely just solitaire rambling, as I've enlisted the help of my only friend, Tikhomir.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
I am so excited for this, crazy obscure tiny print run games are the best (also looking forward to more Tikhomir)

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Look at this man and know him to be a fraud and a liar! There is a third party in the image, a third side in that war!

Come forth with the truth, Lichtenstein. Pick up the map. Reveal the Unnameable.

EDIT: also that game is fun, even if it is horribad.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Wow i didn't realize you could actually prevent forces in a hex from reacting to an attack by using a lone US LRB to hit it, so that's why the kido butai being in a port in air range is a bad thing.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Smuta: The Time of Troubles depicts the turbulent years of 1605-1613, following the death of Tsar Boris Godunov. A dark time for Russia, bloodied by a bitter civil war, scarred by popular uprisings ravaging the countryside and trampled by the boots of foreign invaders. It is a multiplayer affair game of war, treachery and intrigue.

The game is best described as a CDG where you don't have to use cards for anything. Tikhomir calls it a Munchkin variant where you resolve combat by playing an Avalon Hill game, but he's dumb and wrong.

The core of Smuta should be easily understandable for anyone who has played Hannibal: there's a point map of Russia* and military leaders, rated for both their tactical and strategic prowess, run around on little stands hauling units in their pokeballs. There's a chance to either avoid combat or intercept enemies that stray too close to your dudes. Everyone has a hand of cards they can use to trigger nifty poo poo. Yet there's also a fair number of differences, beginning with the fact there are no Ops in the entire game. The other immediately noticeable one is the legitimacy system. With Russia being still entrenched fairly deep in feudal mentality, securing the crown is not merely a matter of marching on Moscow, but also securing the support of the subjects and the Orthodox Church. This is represented in players amassing legitimacy points, provided by notable leaders and character chits, that allow flipping control of cities via the power of sheer stardom and, more importantly, securing a claim to the throne for your potential pretenders.

* For some reason, the ancestral lands of Novorossiya are missing from the map.

There are three ways to win the war:
- Have a Tsar of your faction rule for two years (eight seasonal turns) uninterrupted, by which time he is acknowledged a rightful ruler and the dissent of civil war slowly begins to die out. Coupled with the Tsar enjoying certain priviledges, this creates a strong "king of the hill" dynamic.
- If unable to secure the throne, you can try to amass victory points by conquering the cities, winning battles and assorted shenanigans. Moscow's Patriarch might sneer at you possibly becoming a monarch, but what can the old man do when you literally control most of the country? This is a sort of a sudden death victory, triggered by reaching 30 VPs from the ninth turn onward (there is a grace period before this victory condition activates because of the heavily lopsided starting situation). If going down this path, you want to rush the points somewhere in the midgame, because...
- When year 1613 ends, everyone is fed up with the whole civil war thing enough so that the national assembly crowns Mikhail Romanov the most legitimate candidate the new Tsar just to get this poo poo over with. This is the most historical outcome.

Dramatis Personae

The forces with a stake in the war are split into five factions. When playing with less than the maximum number of players, some of the factions are assimilated between other players. Despite playing this with two, we've agreed with Tikhomir that we'll keep the factions fully independent of each other to better showcase the game.

Other than having their own set of leaders and characters, each faction has its own "deck" of four-five event cards. When players draw new cards at the beginning of each year (that is every four seasonal turns), they get to pick one faction card of their choice. I really like this mechanic: it offers a nice blend between Hannibalesque deck of "generic" event cards and more "scripted" ones, relating to particular historical events. It also both gives room for and requires some forward planning.

It's probably a minor thing, but it is a nice solution of a little theoretical beef I have with CDGs. The thing is, as much as I love my Twilight Struggles and Paths of Glory, there is a certain impurity to them. In case of games with event decks depicting specific historical events, getting better at them tends to move away from being a better commander, or better understanding the specific of a given era of warfare to plain ol' deck mastery. It also gets progressively harder to introduce the game to new players, as anyone who tried to teach Twilight Struggle to a newbie can attest. On the other hand, CDGs that stick to more broadly defined, "period flavor" events kind of miss a lot of cool chrome that could be easily baked into the cards. Here the deck mastery issue is solved by having but a small number of specific event cards that you can check on anytime and plan accordingly. Another game that I think handled this issue nicely is MMP's Kingdom of Heaven, where the generic event deck gets spruced up with 4-6 cards containing events directly related to a given scenario.

:agesilaus: The Muscovites

Muscovites faction represents forces loyal to the de jure Tsar. It also makes no loving sense, as it combines the Godunov and Romanov families, which weren't exactly on speaking terms - Boris Godunov exiled the head of Romanov family to monastery, fearing the overly powerful family could press their claims related to marriage with Ivan the Terrible. The very same claims used by Godunov's enemy #1 who brought the Romanovs back into the politics and aaaaaaaargh-:psyboom:

After much head-scratching, Tikhomir suggested that historically Godunovs died off early enough in the conflict so that when this happens Muscovites just resets from being Godunov faction to a Romanov faction, who are both sorta legitimate in different ways. It makes sense in his crocodile brain.

Muscovites are a faction leaning heavily on the political aspect of the game: four of their five faction cards are one-shots spawning new characters, making them unmatched in pumping out legitimacy points. There is an interesting aspect to timing their arrival: you can either drop them on the board, strenghtening your claim to prevent other players from spawning pesky pretenders, or you can try to weather the storm and keep these cards as an ace in the hole - for the simple truth of that one cannot kill a character that did not enter the game yet.

The other theme of the faction is, well, being the bloody Tsar. They begin the game with Boris Godunov holding the crown, two military leaders and further two characters making GBS threads out legitimacy. Oh, and the faction in possession of Tsar gains VPs for all the strongholds on the map not yet conquered by any faction. Right off the bat, they lead in legitimacy while standing literally a single area away from the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, bestowing further legitimacy points, and start with 22 victory points, while none of the other factions exceed two. Muscovites are also uniquely suited to exploiting their central position, with their last faction card allowing them to recruit Moscow Strelstsy regiments - the most elite firearms-focused units in the game - while they stay at Moscow. While Tsars belonging to other factions have an opportunity to mobilize Moscow Streltsy too, it'd require some fairly extreme measures.

In short, it's good to be a Tsar.

I keep arguing with Tikhomir whether Muscovites are the best faction in the game, or just mediocre. On one hand, they start very strong and can get the legitimacy game locked down at their whim, but on the other one, once other players gang up and dethrone them - and given the king of the hill dynamic this game has, it will happen - they don't really have much in terms of tricks to get back to their priviledged position. Then again, Tikhomir points out that if they manage to lay siege to the capital, they still can call upon the loyal streltsy while they patiently wait for the city to fall.

:poland: The Poles

The Polish faction has a fairly straightforward mindset:

Kill Russians, or die trying.

Somewhere back in 1604 a man claiming to be Tsarevich Dmitry, son of Ivan the Terrible who miraculously escaped his 1591 assasination attempt, appeared at the estate of Wiśniowieccy, a Polish noble family. The Wiśniowieccy found his story convincing and were probably the only humans in known history to do so. The Poles soon figured out they wouldn't mind a puppet on the Russian throne and chose to intervene, turning what began as excursion of some noble families to grab more power into a full-fledged war between the countries.

Poles begin the game with the False Dmitry, his soon-to-be wife Marina Mniszek and a claim on the throne. Dmitry has a unit of the famous winged hussars at his disposal and can recruit more thanks to a reusable faction cards. The hussars are the single most terrifying troop type in the game: they possess obscene stats, provide a combat dice roll modifier and have a penchant for routing opposing armies. Their infantry ain't no slouches either. This power comes at a cost, however, as every winged hussar unit in the game reduces Polish legitimacy by one. It represents not only the inherent bullshit of Catholic non-Russians electing the Tsar, but also the rowdy, downright shameful, behavior of Polish nobles during the campaign. This creates a tricky dynamic, where one has to balance their ability to claim the throne and their ability to take it.

In case poor Dmitry bites it, the Poles are prepared with a card causing another miraculously rescued Dmitriy to appear, his claim confirmed by the grieving wife. This poo poo actually happened. The False Dmitry seriously beat Jesus at his own game, as he came back from the dead yet another time in 1613.

The two remaining cards unlock more fully-fledged interventions later in the game, spawning more leaders and characters. Once Sigismund III Vasa hits the board, the Polish player gets an option to switch gears from the game of thrones, where the two Dmitrys were his only real shots, and just try to tear away a nice chunk of Russia, relaxing the requirements to win via points.

:mason: The Shuyskiy Family

Shuyskiy family are like the Lannisters of Russia or something. They're the second best faction in terms of legitimacy and are no slouches militarily, having a decent card that allows them to recruit two units of regular streltsy for free. Their miniscule faction deck is at the same time most boring and most interesting in the game (Tikhomir agreed, for a change).

The thing is, you're gonna just spam the streltsy card for 90% of the game. But when you touch the other ones, that's when the magic happens.

Consider this: back in the time of Ivan the Terrible, Vasiliy Shuyskiy led the official investigation into the death of Tsarevich Dmitriy, claiming suicide. Then, when False Dmitry arrived in Moscow he supported him against the Godunovs and confirmed his authenticity. And then he conspired to have Dmitriy deposed and killed. No wonder it's this guy that gets the "Boyar Conspirators" card in his deck. This one-shot card allows you to choose a plotter among your characters and roll a die. If you roll less than five, the character gets beheaded for treason. If you roll five or more, the owner takes control of Moscow instantly. Just like that. You can even choose someone else's character to kill him off, or paint the player as a target.

The two remaining cards are mutually exclusive one-shots, so they naturally don't see much play either. After disposing of the False Dmitry, Vasiliy Shuyskiy crowned himself the Tsar and struggled to keep his position. For some reason nobody seemed to like the guy. Eventually when the things got bleak, he chose to make a pact with the devil and ask for Swedes to help. One of the cards allows them to get the Swedes to intervene on their behalf past 1610, with a chance to get a sweet extra character if they time it for when there is no Tsar on the throne. This is not Shuyskiy's first rodeo, as Vasiliy and his brothers tried to pull off the same poo poo before, having tried to have Lithuanians depose Boris Godunov. Alternatively, if the Moscow Faction has less than 15 VPs, Shuyskiys can cut a really sweet deal with the Swedes to get them earlier into the fray, at a cost of 4 VPs. I suppose this is meant to give room for some politicking, like leaving the Muscovites be for a while to keep the Shuyskiys in check, but I'm not sure it really works in practice.

The Shuyskiys are pretty fun to play, but they could really have used another faction card or two!

:orks: The Rebels

This faction represents the Bolotnikov Rebellion, a Cossack-led popular uprising aimed at Vasiliy Shuyskiy, but really being kind of a confused mob of angry Russians? At first glance, they're really kinda bad: their legitimacy game is rather bad and militarily they're confined to Cossacks (the lowliest units there are in the game) and some cavalry. I wouldn't bet my money on Ivan Bolotnikov becoming the new Tsar. What the rebels do well, however, is to zerg all across the countryside and picking fights to try and win via victory points.

Their flavor of recruitment card just dump a number of recruitment points at you, allowing to muster a horde of four Cossacks or three noble cavalrymen. For the rare leader able to recruit streltsy, they can actually beat Shuyskiys card by cramming in an additional Cossack. The rebels can also erect temporary fortifications, providing table column shifts in combat, or incite revolts in unoccupied non-fortress cities, taking control by a mere act of rolling some dice.

If the rebel player feels like he does have a shot at enthroning a king, he is not left without tools to do that. First, he can call for a Zemsky Sobor, an assembly of the representatives of the estates of the realm, to buff his leader's legitimacy a bit. Second, similar to the Poles, he can fabricate a new Tsarevich Dmitriy once the previous one expires. It's hard to say whether the historical second False Dmitry would be a Revolutionary or Polish character, in the language of this game. Perhaps a yellow one taken control of by Poles somewhere along the way?

Also, consider this: these guys are popular revolutionaries and they have a leader called :ussr:Andrey Prosovetskiy:ussr:. How cool is that?

:downs: The Nobility

The nobles are kind of a bullshit faction, but their inclusion is an understandable one. It sort of groups all the important nobles that do not fit neatly into the Moscow/Shuyskiy dichotomy. The thing is, they don't really have that much character to them to stand apart as an independent faction, and yet they were included for their fickle loyalty in the conflict: they begin as an indistinguishable part of the Bolotnikov Rebellion, then realize the peasants don't necessarily want the same things as them and switch sides, then are busy helping repel the Poles. Somewhere along the way one of their leaders, Dmitry Trubetskoy, was offered the crown but declined.

The faction is designed in a way that's quite confusing thematically and most "jack of all trades" mechanically. For example, they share the False Dmitry and Zemsky Sobor cards with the Rebels, to reflect them being kind of the same thing initially. Then they get to control one of the Polish generals, Jan Sapieha, :confused: in what I think is an attempt to make the second False Dmitry mechanically fit being a candidate supported both by Poles and the rebels. Yet they also control a general who explicitly fought a battle with Sapieha in later years.

Moving on to the other cards, they can use the remainder to muster three noble cavalry units - on par with the Rebel card, if less flexible - and call for a one-time surge of reinforcements if they drop below 5 VPs. Lastly, they get to send out assasins who have a 50% chance of killing a chosen character or leader. It's extra neat in that it's both infinitely reusable and an instant effect, playable at any moment in the game.

For some reason, when playing with four players, it is not the Nobles, but the Shuyskyis that get split among the others. :shrug:

- - -

The game begins with Tsar Boris Godunov enjoying his last months of life and the armies gathering on the southern steppes...

I really wish the leader stands were color-coded for ownership, so I placed some cubes to better discern faction allegiance.

I made a birds-eye photo for those that'd like to better discern the map geography right off the bat, but it turned out a bit blurry.

Tevery Best posted:

Look at this man and know him to be a fraud and a liar! There is a third party in the image, a third side in that war!

Come forth with the truth, Lichtenstein. Pick up the map. Reveal the Unnameable.

EDIT: also that game is fun, even if it is horribad.

The world isn't ready for this yet. Hail satan.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 22, 2015

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
You could stand to show off the art a bit more, it's one of the few really great features of the game.

That, and how it beautifully captures the atmosphere of pure unrestrained pugilism that permeated the politics of the period.

EDIT: also, I don't remember how it stats out, but didn't Prince Wladyslaw also have a respectable claim to the throne?

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jul 22, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I have rots in my hands. That mounted map :swoon:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Tekopo posted:

So excited he couldn't even type EotS correctly

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

Looking at people who are good at EotS playing it makes me want to play another game sometime.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Looking at people who are good at EotS playing it makes me want to play another game sometime.
Where have you been watching?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

Where have you been watching?

A couple vassal games, some AARs, and this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHCiNFkpMe8

I'd demand a game of EotS from you, tek, but the schedule's gonna be rough- i'd have to play exclusively on weekends.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard
GRRRRR... The online retailer hosed up my order and it's being sent to a neighbour.

I don't want to have to... INTERACT with a neighbour. Shudder.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

tomdidiot posted:

GRRRRR... The online retailer hosed up my order and it's being sent to a neighbour.

I don't want to have to... INTERACT with a neighbour. Shudder.

Don't worry, it'll be fine. I mean, how hard can it be just introducing yourself and making the arrangements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm gonna get a IRL game of EotS this Sunday and probably another one next Thursday/Friday as well. Can't wait. There aren't that many counters to clip either, only two and a half sheets :v: