Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Richard GamingoodRiddance

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TXhVfhP6w

An actual video Digital Homicide 'made' and posted.

I love how they're so smug about acting like assholes.

We all know the Gamingo will be back in some way, shape or form.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Richard will return as the GamingGhost

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Niggurath posted:

So I have some bad news guys, and I might be wrong about this....but it appears that Richard Gamingo's youtube channel is no more.

Richard Gamingo the Gaming Flamingo? :(

By the way, are there any goons who got really big in LP? Proton Jon I think?
I also think the yogscast guys were all goons as well but dunno if they ever posted in LP or not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hello, La-Mulanites! Huzzah!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Waffleman_ posted:

Hello, La-Mulanites! Huzzah!

Blindly shower me with praise or else get blocked, bake sale!

Granted i don't know if DC has calmed down on that in recent years but i know he was super bad about that "agree with me or don't talk to me" way of LPing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sout posted:

Richard Gamingo the Gaming Flamingo? :(

By the way, are there any goons who got really big in LP? Proton Jon I think?
I also think the yogscast guys were all goons as well but dunno if they ever posted in LP or not.

Chuggaconroy never made an account but he did use SA to figure out how to do LPs so does he count?

Anyway, slowbeef, I can't believe you didn't mention that you were guesting on Mike Kob's videos now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uf8jHeTbXU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

sout posted:

No. There was occasional participation in other forums and threads, but most of that dried up once they got larger and made enough facepalm-worthy business decisions for goon backlash to begin in full force.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Possibly a bit too soon to ask but can anyone recommend a competent not-obnoxious playthrough of Batman Arkham Knight?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Warren Spector and a few other Ion Storm guys play Deus Ex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVBSxnwiCo

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Minecraft is getting a movie, apparently. How many LP'ers will be part of the cast?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Minecraft is getting a movie, apparently. How many LP'ers will be part of the cast?

Is this seperate to the Telltale game with Patton Oswalt and stuff?
Every now and then I remember that's a real thing and get a little bit confused.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

sout posted:

Is this seperate to the Telltale game with Patton Oswalt and stuff?
Every now and then I remember that's a real thing and get a little bit confused.

Maybe?

All I know is they got Rob McElhenney from It's Always Sunny [...] and everyone (IE: Minecraft players) are super excited for it. How they will manage to make a movie based on a blocky world-building game is beyond me.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Maybe?

All I know is they got Rob McElhenney from It's Always Sunny [...] and everyone (IE: Minecraft players) are super excited for it. How they will manage to make a movie based on a blocky world-building game is beyond me.

Lego movie style?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Maybe?

We live in a post-Battleship the movie world, I am no longer surprised at anything.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Vosgian Beast posted:

We live in a post-Battleship the movie world, I am no longer surprised at anything.

Klaus88 posted:

Lego movie style?

Haven't watched either, this may be why.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Haven't watched either, this may be why.

The Lego Movie was actually pretty drat good.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

chitoryu12 posted:

Confirmed. And if there's a Lego Batman movie I'm there opening night.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

chitoryu12 posted:

GuavaMoment posted:

Confirmed. And if there's a Lego Batman movie I'm there opening night.

I need to structure my posts better. Yeah a good minecraft movie would be down in the lego movie style.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Realistically, though, I expect the plot to be akin to the Minecraft novels that've hit bookstore shelves, which are somehow a real thing that I didn't just pull out of my rear end.

I like Minecraft and all, but unless you do a Lego Movie humorous spin on the whole thing, it never really struck me as a series with lore deep enough to be worth exploring. Of course, I also thought it'd make for thoroughly boring videos, too, yet it's one of the most-watched games on YouTube, so I obviously know nothing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It'll probably be a grand adventure in the world of Minecraft meant to sell more merchandise and games like GI Joe stuff.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Shadow Hog posted:

Realistically, though, I expect the plot to be akin to the Minecraft novels that've hit bookstore shelves, which are somehow a real thing that I didn't just pull out of my rear end.

I like Minecraft and all, but unless you do a Lego Movie humorous spin on the whole thing, it never really struck me as a series with lore deep enough to be worth exploring. Of course, I also thought it'd make for thoroughly boring videos, too, yet it's one of the most-watched games on YouTube, so I obviously know nothing.

What on Earth are the plots of those books?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
If the first chapter isn't about punching trees to get lumber, then they're completely non-cannon and can be safely ignored.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

What on Earth are the plots of those books?
A synopsis of one of the titles I remembered off the top of my head, Quest for the Diamond Sword:

Amazon posted:

Steve lives on a wheat farm. He has everything he needs to live in the Minecraft world: a bed, a house, and food. Steve likes to spend his mornings in the NCP village and trade his wheat for emeralds, armor, books, swords, and food. One morning, he finds that Zombies have attacked the villagers. The Zombies have also turned the village blacksmith into a Zombie, leaving Steve without a place to get swords. To protect himself and the few villagers that remain, Steve goes on a quest to mine for forty diamonds, which are the most powerful mineral in the Overworld. He wants to craft these diamonds into a diamond sword to shield him and the villagers from the Zombies.

Far from his home, with night about to set in, Steve fears for his life. Nighttime is when users are most vulnerable in Minecraft. As he looks for shelter in a temple, he meets a trio of treasure hunters, Max, Lucy, and Henry, who are trying to unearth the treasure under the temple. Steve tells them of his master plan to mine for the most powerful mineral in the Overworld—the diamond. The treasure hunters are eager to join him. Facing treacherous mining conditions, a thunderstorm, and attacks from hostile mobs, these four friends question if it’s better to be a single player than a multiplayer, as they try to watch out for each other and chase Steve’s dream at the same time.

Will Steve find the diamonds? Will his friends help or hinder the search? Should he trust his new treasure hunter friends? And will Steve get back in time to save the villagers?
Source, in case this somehow sold you on the concept

Also, skimming the synopsis (yes, I didn't read it before posting it, shut up), I already see one glaring inconsistency: you don't need forty diamonds to make a diamond sword, you only need two. Steve is a damned showoff.

I mean, it mentions a diamond shield, too, but last I checked Minecraft doesn't even have shields... yet...

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Shadow Hog posted:

A synopsis of one of the titles I remembered off the top of my head, Quest for the Diamond Sword:

Also, skimming the synopsis (yes, I didn't read it before posting it, shut up), I already see one glaring inconsistency: you don't need forty diamonds to make a diamond sword, you only need two. Steve is a damned showoff.

I mean, it mentions a diamond shield, too, but last I checked Minecraft doesn't even have shields... yet...

:barf: Confirmed suck then basically. :barf:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I prefer to think it'll be an extended episode of It's Always Sunny. I'd watch "The Gang Plays Minecraft" myself.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Shadow Hog posted:

He needs diamonds for the whole village, so of course he needs to make more than 1 sword. :smuggo:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Shadow Hog posted:

That reminds me, I can't wait for people to start LPing Minecraft Windows 10 soon only to realize it's just the console version of the game on PC, meaning it's a couple years behind the current PC version. I just wonder how they'll keep their audience interested in Minecraft when it has even less to do/fewer features than it does now. Who am I kidding? 90 percent of that audience are actual children that will watch anything.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Lazyfire posted:

That reminds me, I can't wait for people to start LPing Minecraft Windows 10 soon only to realize it's just the console version of the game on PC, meaning it's a couple years behind the current PC version. I just wonder how they'll keep their audience interested in Minecraft when it has even less to do/fewer features than it does now. Who am I kidding? 90 percent of that audience are actual children that will watch anything.

Actually it's the pocket version on PC.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lazyfire posted:

Just photoshop a bikini onto a creeper and put it on the thumbnail somewhere and it'll get at least eighty thousand views.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Maybe?

What the gently caress is Mac supposed to add to a Minecraft movie. I know it's a pure cash vehicle with no higher aspirations, but still, it's a bizarre choice to go with a writer/actor for a pretty obscure show.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I would not call It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia obscure in any way.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

watho posted:

I would not call It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia obscure in any way.

It's popular in certain circles, but it rates really low. I mean, for comparison; Hannibal was recently cancelled due to bad figures, having reached a low of some 1.5 million viewers, and it is regarded as a fringe show for intellectual weirdos. In comparison Sunny's last two seasons never broke the 750k barrier, so it's really a minor show kept alive by benevolent producers and low budgets.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Fair enough.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I could maybe see a Minecraft movie working if they did it in a style that makes Minecraft be the setting, not the plot. As is, Minecraft has VIRTUALLY nothing in the way of content that could be turned into a form of media that isn't a video game, so if they just made Minecraft be the backdrop and made Minecraft jokes while doing a high or low fantasy thing in the Minecraft world then that could probably work.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It will be two hours of some guy building stuff in Minecraft, and smashes all box office records.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

I could maybe see a Minecraft movie working if they did it in a style that makes Minecraft be the setting, not the plot.

A generic fantasy plot generated by an algorithm? Because the setting is no more interesting than the "plot". In fact there's no setting besides "a world wihich contains dirt and stone".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

steinrokkan posted:

A generic fantasy plot generated by an algorithm? Because the setting is no more interesting than the "plot". In fact there's no setting besides "a world wihich contains dirt and stone".

Yeah exactly, that's what I said. I said it wouldn't work if the movie was about Minecraft. They could make the movie take place in Minecraft and have it look like Minecraft and use Minecraft items and character designs, but that's where the Minecraft part of it ends. It would take a little imagination to make Minecraft look like a fantasy setting (building designs, shaping the ground, etc) but people do that all the time successfully in the real game. And besides, imagination is what the game is about in the first place and it's not like they have to actually make the world in Minecraft.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I just hope Telltale goes bankrupt making the Minecrtaft adventure, and whatever studio gets blacklisted making the Minecraft film, but the universe isn't just, so the adventure game will be much more sccessful than the Walking Dead series, and the film will be the most successful movie since the Avatar.

Tl;dr; kill all children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I feel like that's a little harsh

• Locked thread