Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

App state a year 2 fbs team who went 7-5 including losses to fbs liberty and 3-9 southern miss last year are ranked ahead of UCF ECU Memphis N Illinois and Houston who would probably all win by 20+ points. UNC coming off a 6-6 year playing an occ schedule that has 3 built in wins is at 34. ESPN is always so full of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia the #3 team in the SEC: Yep.
Georgia behind LSU: Nope.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia the #3 team in the SEC: Yep.
Georgia behind LSU: Nope.

Chubb shall bow down to Fournette :getin:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Festive Transvestite posted:

App state a year 2 fbs team who went 7-5 including losses to fbs liberty

The most disgraceful loss.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spintzel posted:

Fournette himself said that Chubb was a better back. Looks like Fournette knows when to bend the knee :getin:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Festive Transvestite posted:

ESPN is always so full of it.

The only reason to read ESPN articles is the utter poo poo-show that usually develops in the comment section.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Moon polls are worst at the beginning of a season when there is no data except people's opinions to feed in. Not surprising you get the same poo poo out on the other side.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

He looks like a gameshow host.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

He looks like a gameshow host.

Crazy how a show about a game isn't considered a game show. What a country.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Crazy how a show about a game isn't considered a game show. What a country.

~*~*~*~MaKeS U ThInK~*~*~*~*~

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Spintzel posted:

Chubb and Fournette have four common opponents, and Chubb by far outgained him in every one of those games, even the Florida shitshow. Chubb's stats were absurd once l'Affair Gurley gave him the starters' reins, which automatically means Nick's due for an arrest or a torn ACL because: UGA.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah but Fournette ran out of his own facemask.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

D.N. Nation posted:

Chubb and Fournette have four common opponents, and Chubb by far outgained him in every one of those games, even the Florida shitshow. Chubb's stats were absurd once l'Affair Gurley gave him the starters' reins, which automatically means Nick's due for an arrest or a torn ACL because: UGA.

plz break chubb before the bama game tia

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Leonard Fournette III is the best football player with the last name of Fournette. Followed by his brother Lanard Fournette and Leonard Fournette 1 and 2

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm gonna brag a bit and say that UGA has a seriously amazing O line. Not to take anything away from Chubb or Gurley, especially Gurley who had a nasty great stat for both yards after contact and average gain when hit before the line of scrimmage. Both could level a man and drag the pile, but props to the offensive line for opening holes bigger than yer mammy's.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Is somebody going to do a predictions thread this year? I'd start it, but it would be a very depressing OP.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

D.N. Nation posted:

Fournette was lined up behind a QB that connected on less than 50% of his passes. There's probably a little bit of a coaching disparity in the offensive side there.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NippleFloss posted:

Fournette was lined up behind a QB that connected on less than 50% of his passes. There's probably a little bit of a coaching disparity in the offensive side there.

I am pretty sure Hutson Mason and his complete inability to throw a ball farther than 10 yards was not scaring anyone.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

NippleFloss posted:

And now Chubb gets offensive genius Brian Schottenheimer calling his plays

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I am pretty sure Hutson Mason and his complete inability to throw a ball farther than 10 yards was not scaring anyone.

Infuriatingly true, though besides Conley, we didn't really have any super deep threats until endish of the season anyway.

JRizzle posted:

And now Chubb gets offensive genius Brian Schottenheimer calling his plays

:smithicide:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hutson Mason had the weakest looking arm I have ever seen from a major conference starting QB and I root for loving Iowa.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

Hutson Mason had the weakest looking arm I have ever seen from a major conference starting QB and I root for loving Iowa.

One of our WRs, Michael Bennett, came into my shop last season and we asked him why Mason throws like he has a wet noodle for an arm. He just laughed and politely declined to answer the question.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

He had 500 more yards and twice the TDs of Anthony Jennings. His completion percentage was 20% higher. Jennings averaged 123 yards a game, which is somehow even 40 less than Mason. It's the difference between a bad passing game and non-existent passing game. It's hard to judge anyone on the offense when the quarterback literally fails to connect on one out of every two passes.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

NippleFloss posted:

He had 500 more yards and twice the TDs of Anthony Jennings. His completion percentage was 20% higher. Jennings averaged 123 yards a game, which is somehow even 40 less than Mason. It's the difference between a bad passing game and non-existent passing game. It's hard to judge anyone on the offense when the quarterback literally fails to connect on one out of every two passes.

it's true, Florida probably has someone on their offense that could go in the 1st round and we've never heard of him

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007
Chubb adjusted much quicker that Fournette, but they were both real loving good by the end of the season.

I'm also going to assume that Fournette would have gotten a bunch more yards if Miles would just let the QB hand the ball off instead of doing that stupid toss dive/zone bullshit.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

God drat I hope Frank Beamer gets through whatever's been haunting him

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

MourningView posted:

lmao

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Spintzel posted:

Leonard Fournette III is the best football player with the last name of Fournette. Followed by his brother Lanard Fournette and Leonard Fournette 1 and 2

soon to be surpassed by Leonard Part 6

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pillsburysoldier posted:

God drat I hope Frank Beamer gets through whatever's been haunting him

David Cutcliffe is the only one in the front row who looks like he wants to be there.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Beamer looks like he died a while ago and I'm pretty sure Dabo is an android.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Sash! posted:

He's like the robot politician in parks and rec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J64If0N_1nc

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Did Beamer run over a gypsy or something?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Sash! posted:

Rename ACC media days to Weekend at Beamer's.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

LeeMajors posted:

Did Beamer run over a gypsy or something?

He lost a lot of weight a couple years ago, then had some pretty intense surgery on his neck/vocal chords last December, so yeah, he looks a little old now. Bring back fat Frank and his ACC titles, I say.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I have a digital copy of the offending ACC media guide, as one football media site had not uploaded the new one as of this morning. So far, it has not yielded any fresh goodies, though there are a handful of formatting and spelling errors. Whoever edited it breezed right through.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Pretty sure Beamer's surgery was for throat cancer, and he's apparently having a pretty rough go of it now, healthwise.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Beamer had cancer, yea. It's been kept a secret for obvious reasons. Pretty sure once he retires they'll talk about it.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

god dammit al

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 2m2 minutes ago Golden reminds ACC media that "When I got here, we were blindsided.... We're still on probation." Said feels no pressure to turn it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Dilber posted:

god dammit al

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 2m2 minutes ago Golden reminds ACC media that "When I got here, we were blindsided.... We're still on probation." Said feels no pressure to turn it around.
He won't be satisfied 'til Miami's back to the 70s

• Locked thread