Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bad Seafood posted:

Spoony's definitely gone downhill, but his D&D/Counter Monkey stuff is still enjoyable.

I also liked it when he and his brother reviewed bad movies together. No scripting, no skits, just two dudes talking about a flick.

Spoony's way better when he's just talking about stuff vs. when he's got something set up he has to run through.

people got really mad at spoony's brother bc he's a cop and he did a video review the same day he shot someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

isn't spoony a crazy sadbrain or something i dont watch any of his stuff but my friend likes him

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Smoking Crow posted:

people got really mad at spoony's brother bc he's a cop and he did a video review the same day he shot someone
Yeah, I remember that.

That was dumb.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

isn't spoony a crazy sadbrain or something i dont watch any of his stuff but my friend likes him
He's maniac-depressive if I recall.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

afaik yeah. Like, I never followed him but word of his meltdowns got around.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Honestly you could probably assume that most people who do internet video reviews are crazy sadbrains, until proven otherwise.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Take it to the pyf thread, unless they review anims or are anims

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

he's bipolar and iirc he said he was going to rape someone over twitter

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am going to watch anime tonight

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spoony's Thieves World story was and is incredible. He's also in terrible need of help and I can't watch him anymore.

I have started reading the Western manga or "comic," Saga, it seems cool but weird.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've read too many conflicting inside scoops about the Channel Awesome crew to know which ones are real.

Interesting though that they all seem to vindicate the Cinema Snob.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
An anime reviewing a live action movie... I'd watch an episode of that

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gaijin sadbrains

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Like The Critic but kawaii~

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

I've read too many conflicting inside scoops about the Channel Awesome crew to know which ones are real.

Brad Jones is pretty much a class act from everything I've heard, yeah. Funny dude, too.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know who this spoony is but from what little information I've gathered from your worthless posts you're all very stupid for doing otherwise.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Brad is Rad. Sadly his apparent high tolerance for bs means his own crew has topped out in some crazy drama, see: how Jake left.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

he's bipolar and iirc he said he was going to rape someone over twitter
He made a "Chained to the radiator in the basement" rape joke.

Still tasteless, but not quite the same statement in terms of severity.

Rodyle posted:

Spoony's Thieves World story was and is incredible. He's also in terrible need of help and I can't watch him anymore.

I have started reading the Western manga or "comic," Saga, it seems cool but weird.
Thieves' World is great.

Saga's alright when it isn't falling into Joss Whedon syndrome.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

pon alien posted:

I don't know who this spoony is but from what little information I've gathered from your worthless posts you're all very stupid for doing otherwise.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bennett the Sage is a terrible anime reviewer.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I miss Grumpy Jiisan.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I miss Grumpy Jiisan.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Knowledge is limited but people who review anime seem terrible

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

Bennett the Sage is a terrible anime reviewer.

He hates Genocyber and that is an opinion I cannot brook

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

pon alien posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

pon alien posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least nobody can be as sadbrained as jesuotaku, the hardcore christian whose boyfriend got her a job moderating the loving anime news network forums

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id break up with someone if they offered me a job moderating the anime news network forums

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is getting as depressing as waifu chat

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Endorph posted:

at least nobody can be as sadbrained as jesuotaku, the hardcore christian whose boyfriend got her a job moderating the loving anime news network forums

she's a member of the forums here

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

she's a member of the forums here
she only posts in the internet critic discussion thread

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

I think she's the goon that posts regularly in the Critic Discussion thread. She gets real mad at people (some deserve it. some don't) and there's usually a meltdown in that thread every week.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Knorth posted:

Knowledge is limited but people who review anime seem terrible
For some reason my youtube homepage always recs some top 10 romance anime or top 5 anime movie or whatever video. Why in the world do so many people have opinions on these things that they think people need to hear?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Anyway gunbuster was the loving poo poo.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Twiddy posted:

Why in the world do so many people have opinions on these things that they think people need to hear?

Welcome, to adtrw

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If I could be arsed to make a top ten favorites list, Gunbuster and Diebuster would probably share a spot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

For some reason my youtube homepage always recs some top 10 romance anime or top 5 anime movie or whatever video. Why in the world do so many people have opinions on these things that they think people need to hear?
why would someone talk about their opinions on anime, on the internet?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Twiddy posted:

Top 5/10's get a lot of clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i can't imagine a world, in which people rank their favorite anime.

• Locked thread