Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i agree with pat in his arguement.

i also agree with his conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Happy B-Day Ryu

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am going to start reading Saga.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ryu looking good for a 50 year old dude

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Andrast posted:

I don't anything about EVO or fighting games. Who is Elena and why is she somehow a controversial thing?

(I also haven't had time to listen to the podcast)
You should give the marvel and sf4 top 8 a watch, they're real good.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you Matt, for going out of your way to show us stupid bugs.

And finally the Ride is over. But only after almost claiming Pat at the end.

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 21, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Did the game's music just give up at the end there? There was no music for the last 10 minutes of that video.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:( Jake-chan

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Read the first issue of Saga, seems neat.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

I just heard that dumb complaint so often I lost faith in humanity as a whole, but you're not wrong about the first part. Buttface.

Also, he still isn't wrong, people pick training stage because PS3 has a tendency to lag in some stages and gently caress risking a mistimed reaction so people can see a fuckin' hippo. I don't even think it detracts from the viewing experience at all, 90% of the screen is occupied by characters and attacks anyway.

You're not wrong either.

Nah nah, it was more Pat wishing they'd pick something other than Training Stage and Woolie and Liam taking personal offense to that and it becoming a big dumb thing, which whatever but it cracked me up when Woolie's defense for it was "Well y'know they want to be able to fight with as little distraction and the most visibility of where the models and boxes are." to which Pat countered with "Well yeah but then when you fight with Blanka why do you pick his full bullshit regalia? Doesn't that kinda obfuscate where poo poo is?" and Woolie just kinda going "LA! LA! LA!"

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I really enjoyed how Liam and Woolie didn't really bring up any valid points and even some that were contradictory and yet Woolie was still acting like all his arguments were slam dunks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Nah nah, it was more Pat wishing they'd pick something other than Training Stage and Woolie and Liam taking personal offense to that and it becoming a big dumb thing, which whatever but it cracked me up when Woolie's defense for it was "Well y'know they want to be able to fight with as little distraction and the most visibility of where the models and boxes are." to which Pat countered with "Well yeah but then when you fight with Blanka why do you pick his full bullshit regalia? Doesn't that kinda obfuscate where poo poo is?" and Woolie just kinda going "LA! LA! LA!"

Haha, that poo poo obscures hitboxes so bad that I think it got banned in a bunch of tournaments.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

watho posted:

I really enjoyed how Liam and Woolie didn't really bring up any valid points and even some that were contradictory and yet Woolie was still acting like all his arguments were slam dunks.

That's the Woolie method. See "Well Superman is genre story. You don't get it man."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Despite it being listed as Evo talk, they barely talked about Evo all things considered. They mentioned like a couple top 8's, but most of the entire FGC talk was about training stage. Maybe it's because most of them except Pat watched the stream? I'm hoping they have an actual EVO talk next week or soon, because the entire tournament has been amazing, one of the best.

Then again, they have another con this week, don't they? Meh.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

watho posted:

As a real patriot he was arguing in true Canada Combo style.

Dias posted:

Haha, that poo poo obscures hitboxes so bad that I think it got banned in a bunch of tournaments.

Yeah, I think it did too. I mean it's neat even if it doesn't make a lot of sense but daaaaaaaamn is that a lot of bullshit on Blanka.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

FauxGateau posted:

That's the Woolie method. See "Well Superman is genre story. You don't get it man."

That argument was even worse. It takes a lot to make me sympathize with Pat but those arguments do the trick.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh boy.
Time for a franchise...reboot.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
What is it with woolie and hype as gently caress intros to his solo vids lol

oh wait the LP is solo, hmmmm.....I don't know....

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 22, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I just finished watching all of ReBoot for the first time. This is gonna be alphanumeric. :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Woolie seems like the absolute worst person to argue with

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Notice I drop out of the argument completely like 5 minutes in, because I really don't care that much. I wanted to move on by the 6th minute super hard. These are the times I reallllllly don't like doing a podcast when a really unfun, and stupid argument comes up...the breakfast wars is hilarious, and even has some fun lore and fanart attributed to it. But ehhh...stages....that was painful to be in after a while.

Best to luck on Woolie's adventure through mainframe though! He told me that it's going to be a rough ride.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I think I heard some loud breathing after that argument, too. Ouch.

Are you at least glad the Ride To Hell LP is done, Matt? That looked painful to play through.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

ApeHawk posted:

I think I heard some loud breathing after that argument, too. Ouch.

Are you at least glad the Ride To Hell LP is done, Matt? That looked painful to play through.

Honestly, it was the most fun I've had in a while.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Yeah, agreeing with this - last summer I had some friends over and over the course of like 3 or 4 weekend sessions we were drinking beer and playing this and it's some of the best times I've ever had playing a game with someone else in the room :unsmith:

The game is broken in all the right ways that it's consistently entertaining. I love the thought that the developers thought they were making the most badass poo poo of all time.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

Notice I drop out of the argument completely like 5 minutes in, because I really don't care that much. I wanted to move on by the 6th minute super hard. These are the times I reallllllly don't like doing a podcast when a really unfun, and stupid argument comes up...the breakfast wars is hilarious, and even has some fun lore and fanart attributed to it. But ehhh...stages....that was painful to be in after a while.

Best to luck on Woolie's adventure through mainframe though! He told me that it's going to be a rough ride.

Hahaha. You were asking some questions early on and then I noticed you had gone quiet and thought to myself "If he's smart he slipped out the fire escape."

Also since 'Rustlemania 2: Tables, Ladders and Chairs' is coming up can I ask how hard you had to scrape the barrel to fill out another buncha wrestling games? If one of them is the MDickie Wrestling Empire stuff I think i'll die laughing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Matt how does it feel to be the best RTH player of all time.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Doing Raven's Cry next should prove to be lots of "fun" as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Invest in either a spray bottle or an airhorn.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

RareAcumen posted:

Invest in either a spray bottle or an airhorn.

for Pat, have a spray bottle of your sweat and threaten Pats television with it.

for Woolie, any cleaning product pointed at his apartment will immediately silence him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a collection of the various gifs from this hilarious trainwreck of a game? I know someone posted the flying motorcycle cop at some point but I forget when.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there a collection of the various gifs from this hilarious trainwreck of a game? I know someone posted the flying motorcycle cop at some point but I forget when.

Most of them are on Matt's tumblr. http://realestmatt.tumblr.com/

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 22, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's the best LP you guys have done and I love you for it.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al-Saqr posted:

What is it with woolie and hype as gently caress intros to his solo vids lol

oh wait the LP is solo, hmmmm.....I don't know....

I think it's a blind solo LP even. Which is an amazing precedent for someone like Woolie.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Pat's entirely right that training stage is garbage and it should either stop getting picked 85% of the time or have even the slightest bit of uniqueness and character to it (like TvC's), but banning it at streamed tournaments is a little extreme. Woolie's point about not really seeing that stuff at a certain point is right though, at top 8 I'm beyond giving a poo poo about what's happening in the background because I'm 100% focused on the fighters and the UI.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

I was so disappointed that Jake didn't flip over. The Cook fight bugging out totally made up for it, though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

This game is going to kill woolie

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"My favorite type of bug is when you load in and you can see the guy- and if you shoot him it counts as a win."

I know it's not a bug but still instantly came to mind

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

All I remember about the Reboot game is renting it for five days when it came out, a lot of screaming and tears while playing it, and then returning it to the game rental place the very next day.

And Woolie is doing a full LP of it? Jeeeeeeeeeezus

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I... will unfortunately not be watching the solo Woolie LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I goddamn love how frequent Super Best Friends Play threads are on /v/. Like this one about the training stage discussion: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/303490256/so-who-do-you-think-was-right-should-they-force

And it's always the same images for the threads too. It's great. :allears: