Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Agent355 posted:

Other than sol creators is there any craftable spheres worth paying attention to?

Celegrad Orbs are literally a Sol and Luna Creator stapled together, those are good for obvious reasons. Past that, eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Coming the 22nd according to Gumi

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ I wonder if Ultor's 7* sprite will actually be animated because his 6* character being single sprite just sitting still is really weird.

Also have every one of these units. Oh god who do I evolve other than Tridon and Ultor. I can't remember the last time I used Loch or Edea (now with standard-issue baseball tits, apparently:psyduck:) and I don't think I've ever used my Alice. :negative:

Agent355 posted:

Other than sol creators is there any craftable spheres worth paying attention to?

There's a new one that takes the sol and [heart] creator spheres and combines them apparently.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

^^^ I wonder if Ultor's 7* sprite will actually be animated because his 6* character being single sprite just sitting still is really weird.

Also have every one of these units. Oh god who do I evolve other than Tridon and Ultor. I can't remember the last time I used Loch or Edea (now with standard-issue baseball tits, apparently:psyduck:) and I don't think I've ever used my Alice. :negative:

There's a new one that takes the sol and [heart] creator spheres and combines them apparently.

I got like 5 alices, and i'm not alone in that since i ran into a few different people in the arena that fielded a team of nothing but alices.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Am I going to have to get another Cyclaw for 7* Ultor or can I blissfully ignore SBS this time around?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TARDISman posted:

Am I going to have to get another Cyclaw for 7* Ultor or can I blissfully ignore SBS this time around?

I would kill a human being to know Ultor's 7* conditions.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Edea is a baller attacking mitagator. With her GCC sphere equipped, her ES allows her BB/SBB to cleanse status ailments as well as provide 50% mitigation. Alice 7* is mediocre at best. Loch is a great Spark/BB Buffer of you lack Raaga/Claire/Lava

Sol Creator (15% BC) + Luna Creator (15% HC) = Celgrad Gem (15% to both BC/HC drop rates)

Virtue stone, for reference, is 20% to both BC/HC drop rate.

TARDISman posted:

Luckily, the vortex dungeons will be open for an extra day after the maintenance ends in case there is some stupid SBS bullshit needed to 7* Tridon/Ultor

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 20, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Poala Bear posted:

Edea is a baller attacking mitagator. With her GCC sphere equipped, her ES allows her BB/SBB to cleanse status ailments as well as provide 50% mitigation. Alice 7* is mediocre at best. Loch is a great Spark/BB Buffer of you lack Raaga/Claire/Lava

I have Claire (and Colt) already as well as a SSB10, almost fully imped Elimo and Kanon, and a lvl 100 Oulu waiting to be evolved. Edea would replace my anima Darvanshell (or Shera) as an attacking mitigator like Oulu. I guess it'd be good to have for thunder heavy fights at the very least. It's not like I have anything else to burn my basically-infinite exp on so I'll probably 7* a Lord-type Edea since it seems a better choice than guardian or breaker.

As for Ultor and Tridon requirements. I'd fully expect them to require another copy of the vortex dungeon unit as well as whatever rare farmed stuff the X2 raid will give.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Evil Fluffy posted:

As for Ultor and Tridon requirements. I'd fully expect them to require another copy of the vortex dungeon unit as well as whatever rare farmed stuff the X2 raid will give.

It better not loving be since this is twice now the fire one has crashed on me. :argh:

E: THRICE!

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 21, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So after the honor summons I went through my list of units and picked a few to absolutely make sure to focus on, but I still had a ton of crystals left so I've been just feeding them to things more or less at random because why not. Well right now I'm waiting for mimics/totems to come around so I can upgrade all the dudes who are at max level. I counted it out and I need a grand total of 22 miracle totems and 23 metal mimics to evolve everything that I currently have at max level, not to mention all the crystals I'm going to get from the honor summon with the 10 free pulls a day from now until the end of the month.

Then comes the maxing BBs.

One question though, can a max imp breaker mifune cheese mega metal parade the same way he can cheese the imp parade?

Mine isn't max imped but is otherwise kitted out but I can't seem to one shot anything. I might have to resign myself to using one of my imp keys without mifune just to get the imps to max him.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Agent355 posted:

One question though, can a max imp breaker mifune cheese mega metal parade the same way he can cheese the imp parade?

I doubt it, what with the crystals and all.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Agent355 posted:

So after the honor summons I went through my list of units and picked a few to absolutely make sure to focus on, but I still had a ton of crystals left so I've been just feeding them to things more or less at random because why not. Well right now I'm waiting for mimics/totems to come around so I can upgrade all the dudes who are at max level. I counted it out and I need a grand total of 22 miracle totems and 23 metal mimics to evolve everything that I currently have at max level, not to mention all the crystals I'm going to get from the honor summon with the 10 free pulls a day from now until the end of the month.

Then comes the maxing BBs.

Mine isn't max imped but is otherwise kitted out but I can't seem to one shot anything. I might have to resign myself to using one of my imp keys without mifune just to get the imps to max him.

If you're low on honor points for summons then during SHS events enter (and promptly leave) the 3 stam mistral dungeons with all of your buddies. On the boosted honor point days those 80 honor points will mean that you get 4k or so points just from your buddies, and even more if you feel like getting 40 points at a time with the random non-buddy characters you can pick. Do that for the week or so of the honor rate up and you'll have enough honor pulls to get dozens of crystals and gods. I don't stone on parades now. Instead I just drop a stone or two on unit space now and then and bank 20-30 crystals if I know I'm going to want to get a unit or two leveled after the SHS/fusion event ends.

I'm actually really shocked Alim and Gumi never put a hard cap on honor points because they have to be losing out on a lot of money that people aren't spending on metal parades due to having hundreds of honor summons to burn on god/crystal events.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Agent355 posted:

You shouldn't need to cheese the MMP unless you're burning gems like firewood. The entire reason people have come up with speedrun techniques like Mifune cheesing with the Imp Parade is that 15/8 EN a pop will run a LOT MORE PARADES than 60/30 EN a pop. Even with something like 150 EN, that's still a maximum of 10 Mega Parade runs you can do without burning gems (assuming you time it on a level up and it's half-energy) and that should take you no more than like 20 minutes if you've got %chance def ignore, like with Arus's LS, Magress's ES, etc. Even with a refill, at 30 EN, that's only five extra MMP runs per gem. With that same 150 EN and the same circumstances (timing a level-up, half energy) you're looking at four times as many Imp Parade runs you can run. Even at 3 stages to a MMP's 5, you'll run out of time trying to do it normally.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Agent355 posted:

I've been able to cheese with an imped up breaker Mifune with a wicked blade, double Kikrui lead, and some luck. It didn't always work, but it made things a little faster.

Also, the two new global units that are coming out look to be super OP. The hammer dude has a taunt with a self defense buff (250%) plus a 100% Atk/Def/Rec buff to the team, plus a ridiculously strong LS and ES. Dark boobie chick looks like a stronger version of Raaga plus Lava in one.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Well two SBS Units out(Deimos and Zenia) along with a rate up for them, I decided to try my luck on getting Zenia to make up for the fact I still don't have Raaga.

Here what I got after 10 summons:
Deimos (A)
Regrard (G)
Vishra (L)
Deimos (O)
Kikuri (A)
Kajah (G)
Duel-GX (B)
Duel-GX (A)
Andaria (L)
Orna (A)

Thankfully I finally got Zenia from the gift box, anima to boot too. :woop:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
My "cheese" version of MPs involves an assload of BB boosting units + kikuri lead + Zephyr. His BB breaks ignores a metal unit's defense *most of the time.* It helps if you line it up with another good and long BB/SBB, sometimes his will only hit 1s but it will empower another unit's BB with the defense ignore buff. Mifune does this too but only in his leadership skill iirc.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Well two SBS Units out(Deimos and Zenia) along with a rate up for them, I decided to try my luck on getting Zenia to make up for the fact I still don't have Raaga.

Deimos (A)
Regrard (G)
Vishra (L)
Deimos (O)
Kikuri (A)
Kajah (G)
Duel-GX (B)
Duel-GX (A)
Andaria (L)
Orna (A)

gently caress

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

AppInvasion posted:

V1.3.4 Client Features

Ability to set dedicated arena squads.
Multiple spins for raid slots.
Frontier Gate.

Frontier gate sounds interesting...
Stage 30 - Nirvana (幻導機・ニヴレイシア) (Status Boost)
Boost all parameter by 30%, fills 5 BC every turn and 2-3 BC fills when attacked.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

There's a couple really nice multi purpose Malice Jewels. The recent FH in Japan gave out one at 950k on End that was 30% to stats and 20% crit rate. There was also a sphere for the last reward in Terminus.

For 1.7 million points. :suicide:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Deimos (A)
Regrard (G)
Vishra (L)
Deimos (O)
Kikuri (A)
Kajah (G)
Duel-GX (B)
Duel-GX (A)
Andaria (L)
Orna (A)

Anima Deimos, Kikuri, and Zenia mean you are fuckin' set. Andaria's also pending a 7* and Lord ain't bad. Orna's also pretty nice, but those first three are incredible pulls.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Deel-GX is also getting a 7 star form and having breaker or anima to pick from is ideal imo.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Evil Fluffy posted:

Deel-GX is also getting a 7 star form and having breaker or anima to pick from is ideal imo.

Really? poo poo, I thought him blowing the gently caress up in the GGC left him out!

Will it be awkward if I equip him with his own fragments?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

^^^ efb

Evil Fluffy posted:

How? He got blown up in the story. I guess they can retcon it somehow if they want...

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Evil Fluffy posted:

:qq: if this was true i would be so happy.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Well according to the quest storyline, summoning is just a non-creepy way to say necromancy anyways. You are "summoning" the six heros that ark defeated after all.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

CashEnsign posted:

Well according to the quest storyline, summoning is just a non-creepy way to say necromancy anyways. You are "summoning" the six heros that ark defeated after all.

That explains why you never have any dialog from your summons other than level ups, first time summons, evolution and maxing their bb levels.

That and Gumi can't be arsed to expand the plot which is just summaries of other stories.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Where are you getting this from? I thought it was only Michelle and Melchio in that batch that got 7*?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Maybe I'm mixing him up woth the others from his group, I thought his full batch was going to 7 stars but maybe that's just the 12 guardians.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Annointed posted:

That explains why you never have any dialog from your summons other than level ups, first time summons, evolution and maxing their bb levels.

That and Gumi can't be arsed to expand the plot which is just summaries of other stories.

My favorite is the "tell my story" named attacks that take like 90% health if you don't mitigate. Beating the poo poo out of the player is a unique way to drive a plot device.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
Gravion Lira and Leorone are getting 7* tho. im pretty sure thats been confirmed...

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe I'm mixing him up woth the others from his group, I thought his full batch was going to 7 stars but maybe that's just the 12 guardians.

From the 12 guardians, only Alyut, Lunaris, Signas, and Farlon are getting 7* forms.

As a side note, given his popularity, Zelnite's almost bound to get a 7* form when his batch's turn comes round, but I doubt he's actually dead in the lore. Who else would keep making those drop rate spheres if he wasn't around to do it? Hell, he probably stole a potion of immortality from somewhere and is still running around, nicking poo poo throughout history.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Did some pulls because why not, I have over 160 gems:

Aaron(l) - new
Arus(a) - dupe
Aaron(b) - :v:
Duel-GX(l) - dupe
Ciara(g) - dupe
Farvnil(b) - dupe
Carrol(b) - new and useless?
Andaria(l) - new
Feeva(g)- new :woop:
Narza(a) - dupe

Bonus unit:
Zenia(a) :getin:

New unit total:
Aaron, Carrol, Andaria, Feeva, plus Zenia bonus. I have no ideal if/when Carrol will ever be useful but surely Andaria will get a 7* form soon(ish) too?

Aaron's lord type is probably more useful to level than breaker I'm guessing? Zenia and then Feeva are going to get fed and evolved immediately because Feeva will be useful for when I want to lead with BB spam instead of crit, and I can probably just run a monodark arena team of Kikuri/Magress/Feeva/Zenia/Aaron (or probably Elza) if I felt like replacing Kikuri/Magress/Colt/Claire/Selene.

Damegane posted:

From the 12 guardians, only Alyut, Lunaris, Signas, and Farlon are getting 7* forms.

As a side note, given his popularity, Zelnite's almost bound to get a 7* form when his batch's turn comes round, but I doubt he's actually dead in the lore. Who else would keep making those drop rate spheres if he wasn't around to do it? Hell, he probably stole a potion of immortality from somewhere and is still running around, nicking poo poo throughout history.

No idea then. I could've sworn I saw some mention about the 12 guardians getting the treatment.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Hope nobody was too hopeful for the new evos tomorrow:

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/server-status/231628-server-maintenance-advisory-july-23-00-00-pst

The maintenance for the new 7*s was just pushed back a full day.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I've finally cleared Trial X3 after so many attempts over 3 weeks with several different team compositions.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
7 star tridon...
UBB: Cost: 25BC/18DC - 3 Hit 1000% AoE (ATK+100), 2 turn Shield (20000 HP 3500 DEF), 3 turn +300% ATK/DEF/REC/Crit (Self)

20k hp shield is probably not as good as 3 turns of mitigation but its still pretty cool.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
New Ultor isn't any better than Demios, and reddit was pointing out that he never buffs his own attack due to timing issues.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3e6rj6/update_notes_wed_jul_22_2015/

I got Zenia as my gift after 10 summons, what would be an ideal team with her leadership skill? Apparently Zenia beats Ragaa as a damage modifier.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
:rip: 7* Ultor: only slight increases in numbers from *6 Ultor.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CashEnsign posted:

New Ultor isn't any better than Demios, and reddit was pointing out that he never buffs his own attack due to timing issues.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3e6rj6/update_notes_wed_jul_22_2015/

I got Zenia as my gift after 10 summons, what would be an ideal team with her leadership skill? Apparently Zenia beats Ragaa as a damage modifier.

Don't forget the LS:
LS: 10% Dmg Mit, +50% HP/REC & +20% Crit

Or the uh, ES?
ES: <none atm>
...oh

The total BC drop for their normal attacks is pretty bad for 7 star units too. I'm not too sold on Tridon right now unless I really need an absolute shitload of survivability via his leader skill.

OTOH if Ultor's ES is really just a flat 30% stat boost without needing a sphere that's pretty crazy. Hopefully Tridon's ES ends up being worthwhile.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

CashEnsign posted:

A team for her would be the usual, make sure you have a mitigator at least and some other buffs, maybe a status clearer, maybe a healer or HC buffer as well and a defense buffer of some sort. Otherwise, put up high damage dealers. Her damage output is huge and I've had trouble keeping up with the output of her teams in Raids. You have a really good leader for a while.

Edit: Ultor 7* is really disappointing considering we literally have an exclusive unit who does more than he can and better. Nothing like a unit coming out that is immediately obsolete. Tridon looks really good so far and if his ES is decent (especially if it's a BB reduction type), he will be meta for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I wanna pick up the Sky Harbinger tonight before Frontier Hunter starts. Is it a lot of effort to get? I'm getting a little tired of how long GQs can take but I can bear it one more time if it's for that crazy attack buff.

• Locked thread