Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Anyone else us a fat rear end crosshair? Compared to most people, this seems excessive.

But I find it easier to focus on the empty space rather than one simple dot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Audax posted:

Anyone else us a fat rear end crosshair? Compared to most people, this seems excessive.

Can't even see that compared to my size 12 crosshair. Piece of poo poo.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

Would someone be so kind as to throw me an invite to the group? The OP's "sit in the chat room and ask" appears obsolete.
Is there an IRC channel associated with this thread?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/scullyfbi/

get ready for your "Is that Akumos?" background check first

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Audax posted:

step up ur game up

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Jellidelic posted:

step up ur game up

Lol that bind

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
Eddie is Akumos.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'm Akumos.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Can't tell if the racists on my team or the admitted LEM smurfing into GN4 was the least pleasant part of that last game. I take everything I said about solo queue being mostly pleasant back.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jellidelic posted:

step up ur game up

What the gently caress how can you even play like that. Left handed model freak.

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014
Hahah, we told yea.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Audax posted:

There's probably something very wrong with me, but I prefer something like this, just fatter

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Is it worth paying for ESEA if I'm only DMG? Playing against hackers in MM is very draining.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Macnult posted:

Is it worth paying for ESEA
No

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Macnult posted:

Is it worth paying for ESEA if I'm only DMG? Playing against hackers in MM is very draining.

no, do cevo pugs instead

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I just finished my last placement match.. gold nova 3. Feels about right.

Apparently there's an irc chan on irc.synirc.org #csgo

oh can I get an invite to the group pls http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972577525/

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 22, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yo whos that dude with the weird inverted crosshair where like its this huge monstrosity of purple and crap and its lighter on the inside than the outside because that thing is the modern art masterpiece of crosshairs

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

Luna Was Here posted:

yo whos that dude with the weird inverted crosshair where like its this huge monstrosity of purple and crap and its lighter on the inside than the outside because that thing is the modern art masterpiece of crosshairs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJAM_M74OI

how about a overlaid kitten crosshair

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Macnult posted:

Is it worth paying for a rootkit

ye olde anime shoppe
Nov 9, 2006

Unlike most, I know I am a tool.
Is there a trading thread? Can't seem to find a cs:go one anywhere.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sent.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Smash isn’t a competitive fighting game :colbert:

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Smash isn’t a competitive fighting game :colbert:

Jellidelic posted:

smash is a dumb game for boring people

:agreed:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I went along with a "friend" to play smash 64 and got yelled at for being a certain guy

were you kirby?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Wait is there a way to add people to the group without them on your friends list?

otherwise argyle I sent you a friend request to get you in.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kwilty posted:

Wait is there a way to add people to the group without them on your friends list?

otherwise argyle I sent you a friend request to get you in.
Yeah. You go to their profile and in the drop down menu select "Invite to Group".

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I just picked up CS:GO and been playing for about a two weeks. Used to play vanilla back in high school days. Other than playing ranked matches, what is the best way to improve my game play and learn strategies? I'm still unranked but have gone from being last in my team to third (which I hope is an improvement).

Two stupid questions, should I be holding onto crates the drop for me? How do I obtain keys to open them?

One final question, can I be added to the steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/fixit_28

Thanks!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Fixit posted:

How do I obtain keys to open them?

You have to buy them for $2.50 each

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Sell your crates on the market. There is a wealth of information on YouTube that will help you out when you're getting started. Make sure your sensitivity isn't too high and watch some videos about crosshair placement, tapping/bursting/spraying, and then Google strategies for specific maps you're working on. Aim is everything until you get into higher levels but the map-specific videos can teach you some good angles and spots to hold. Also make sure you learn the callouts for the different maps. Another good way to learn is to watch pros. But mostly play play play play. (I'm bad at this game, others might have different advice)

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

prom candy posted:

Sell your crates on the market. There is a wealth of information on YouTube that will help you out when you're getting started. Make sure your sensitivity isn't too high and watch some videos about crosshair placement, tapping/bursting/spraying, and then Google strategies for specific maps you're working on. Aim is everything until you get into higher levels but the map-specific videos can teach you some good angles and spots to hold. Another good way to learn is to watch pros. But mostly play play play play.

Yeah, when I first started I could 360 spin with little mouse movement. Then I read the OP and turned it WAY down. Now I have to drag my mouse just to turn around a door. However, my aim is WAY WAY WAY better. Probably because I still get excited when gunning down a person and my mouse doesn't jump all over the place because my hand can't stay still.

And I will start selling crates. Is there any point to skins other than the "oooo look how long I have been playing" factor?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Fixit posted:

I just picked up CS:GO and been playing for about a two weeks. Used to play vanilla back in high school days. Other than playing ranked matches, what is the best way to improve my game play and learn strategies? I'm still unranked but have gone from being last in my team to third (which I hope is an improvement).

Two stupid questions, should I be holding onto crates the drop for me? How do I obtain keys to open them?

One final question, can I be added to the steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/fixit_28

Thanks!

done

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Xenoith posted:

get ready for your "Is that Akumos?" background check first

Yeah, it involves just checking your rap sheet for some racist, misogynist, or all around stupid banter. If only we didn't have a shitbeard that forced us to do this in the first place :psyduck:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey, if you guys do end up playing with goons, realize that the standard for tolerability is very very low and that if you cannot meet that simple standard then you may have some serious problems.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Hey, if you guys do end up playing with goons, realize that the standard for tolerability is very very low and that if you cannot meet that simple standard then you may have some serious problems.

This is why I'm solo queuing or just avoiding goonmans until I'm out of the gold ranks. That will give me a chance to learn a few maps and improve my muscle memory. I know d2 now, going to play nothing but inferno or cache next, haven't decided.

Edit: us new guys should queue/practice together, maybe? Add me on steam if you want.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 22, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
tolerability as a human being

mcvey fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 22, 2015

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Google Butt posted:

This is why I'm solo queuing or just avoiding goonmans until I'm out of the gold ranks. That will give me a chance to learn a few maps and improve my muscle memory. I know d2 now, going to play nothing but inferno or cache next, haven't decided.

Edit: us new guys should queue/practice together, maybe? Add me on steam if you want.

Play goonmans.. Don't be scared little feller.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Google Butt posted:

I'm down for that. I usually play around 10 pm in pacific time zone.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fixit posted:

Other than playing ranked matches, what is the best way to improve my game play and learn strategies?

-Watch pros play and try to understand not only what they're doing but why.
-Play with goons and ask for tips. Actually listen to them.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Necc0 posted:

-Watch pros play and try to understand not only what they're doing but why.

The only pros I know of are Cloud9, and that is because of the picture posted recently. Other than that, no idea.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Ephedra posted:

Play goonmans.. Don't be scared little feller.

It's not about being scared, I just don't find getting my rear end crush that enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Fixit posted:

Is there any point to skins other than the "oooo look how long I have been playing" factor?

Gambling

• Locked thread