Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Man, a lot of people have been joking about this, but this just freaks me the gently caress out. Trump disclosed a confidential phone number to a wide audience, filled with people who hate Graham. He basically just doxxed the senator. That puts him on about the same level as gamergaters, and that's kind of terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I wonder if this merits him getting a visit from some sort of federal authority. Is doxxing a sitting Senator an FBI/Capitol Police jurisdiction thing?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What I love about the establishment and the radical base going at it is that one side has to lose

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I always thought Eden's radio show was a Limbaugh parody.

He sounds more like Glenn Beck or Mark Levin in his mannerisms.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Xanderkish posted:

Man, a lot of people have been joking about this, but this just freaks me the gently caress out. Trump disclosed a confidential phone number to a wide audience, filled with people who hate Graham. He basically just doxxed the senator. That puts him on about the same level as gamergaters, and that's kind of terrifying.

Trump is seriously pushing hard to get his account banned.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah I think people already know that Lindsey Graham's un-secret real life personality is Lindsey Graham

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What I like about Lindsey Graham vs. Trump is that Trump seems to actually believe his own horseshit while Graham has always been a lovely little parasite desperate for authority.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

KiteAuraan posted:

I wonder if this merits him getting a visit from some sort of federal authority. Is doxxing a sitting Senator an FBI/Capitol Police jurisdiction thing?

Are you not aware that doxxing in general isn't illegal at all, although in certain cases the actions related can be prosecuted as harassment? Like if you know someone's phone number and just post it somewhere that's usually just a dick move rather than a crime.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I always thought Eden's radio show was a Limbaugh parody.

The best, most accurate Limbaugh parody is the one in GTA IV. He sounds just like Rush.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What I love about the establishment and the radical base going at it is that one side has to lose

Lol, acting like they don't have a memory measured in nanoseconds. Once Trump implodes (praying to Allah that he doesn't and actually gets the nom) the GOP base and establishment are going to forget he ever existed and suck the dick of the winner (Jeb, Walker or Rubio) so hard the top of their head'll go concave.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

At this rate I'll be surprised if Trump makes the first debate.

I just hope he runs third party out of spite.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Trump saw how much money Palin was making and thought "I gotta get in on that". He's gonna string people along just long enough they start seeing him as their savior, and then he'll drop out, claiming the evil GOP-E and Liberial Media forced him out, but you can send your checks to TheDonald@gimmegimme.com and in return you can watch him ramble on about how America is lost, so we need to elect him as President, but he isn't running because the time isn't right.

That or the first time he has to actually answer questions or face the press outside of Fox News, he'll explode.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Republicans posted:

At this rate I'll be surprised if Trump makes the first debate.

I just hope he runs third party out of spite.

One way or another, Donald Trump is the candidate America deserves.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What I like about Lindsey Graham vs. Trump is that Trump seems to actually believe his own horseshit while Graham has always been a lovely little parasite desperate for authority.

With all the movies currently out he opted to go see Minions. Says it all.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Tender Bender posted:

Really, you're ok with denigrating veterans who died or were captured? Only the people who are really skilled and also lucky are worthy of respect?

The USA stomped all over SE Asia, killed a couple of million people, and dropped enough chemical weapons that generations of kids are still being born horribly disfigured.

There wasn't anything heroic about Vietnam.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Would it matter? The biggest problem with Agent Orange was that the DoD and commanders were lying about the risks of it to the servicemen assigned to handle it. They were told it was just a defoliant, harmless to humans. Don't blame the guys at the bottom of the totem pole for the lies told to them by those at the top, shithead.

"I was just following orders" isn't a defense for anything, knuckledragger. Especially if you're entire career is bombing civilians.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 22, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

The USA stomped all over SE Asia, killed a couple of million people, and dropped enough chemical weapons that generations of kids are still being born horribly disfigured.

"I was just following orders" isn't a defense for anything, knuckledragger.

Its like a tesseract in here all of a sudden.

Its all the edge.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Also, FWIW, Republicans have been playing the "McCain isn't a war hero" angle for quite a while.

http://americablog.com/2008/06/honestly-besides-being-tortured-what-did-mccain-do-to-excel-in-the-military.html

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

"I was just following orders" isn't a defense for anything, knuckledragger. Especially if you're entire career is bombing civilians.

I like how the actual country of Vietnam has more-or-less forgiven the US, but this here goon never has. :allears:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Ah, because of course every single poor kid from the inner city knew every single facet about the war and made the moral decision of "Yep, gon' kill dem gooks for Uncle Fuckin Sam!"

It's almost as if politicans lie to folk to get them to go along with wars n poo poo!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mister Adequate posted:

I like how the actual country of Vietnam has more-or-less forgiven the US, but this here goon never has. :allears:

Well, it is the job of the White Man to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

Thump! posted:

Ah, because of course every single poor kid from the inner city knew every single facet about the war and made the moral decision of "Yep, gon' kill dem gooks for Uncle Fuckin Sam!"

It's almost as if politicans lie to folk to get them to go along with wars n poo poo!

They didn't even have to lie to get the kids to join up. Poor rural whites and urban blacks had no choice to go to Vietnam. They couldn't afford to go to Canada or Europe to avoid the draft, or have a doctor make up some phoney excuse to 4f them. Not to mention just the luxury of deferment due to being in school.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
One disappointing consequence of Trump's comments about John McCain is that it completely overshadowed his belief that we should have invaded Mexico.

I would have liked to hear more about that.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Dr Christmas posted:

One disappointing consequence of Trump's comments about John McCain is that it completely overshadowed his belief that we should have invaded Mexico.

I would have liked to hear more about that.

Yeah his remarks about McCain were definitely in poor taste but I feel like Trump's opinions about thousands of Mexicans are kind of being overlooked in favor of his opinions about one specific old white guy.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
McCain flew a ground attacker, doing attack runs on battle formations and ammo dumps from a close range. Not exactly wanton bombing of orphanages.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Face it, the American™ idea of a "hero" has always been problematic given our history of loving people over.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

beatlegs posted:

Face it, the American™ idea of a "hero" has always been problematic given our history of loving people over.

Which is why WW2 is so popular, because its easy to be heroic in that one. Yea the US bombed civilian targets in Germany and Japan, but hey those guys were gassing and stabbing with bayonets millions of people for twisted racial and nationalistic reasons.

It's hard to be heroic about other wars because they were pretty much wars of conquest.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Which is why WW2 is so popular, because its easy to be heroic in that one.

If you overlook stuff like Hiroshima, internment camps for Japanese Americans...

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Mister Adequate posted:

eh what's a few million dead gooks forgive and forget is all

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

beatlegs posted:

If you overlook stuff like Hiroshima, internment camps for Japanese Americans...

Don't worry we're really good at doing that.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

StandardVC10 posted:

Yeah his remarks about McCain were definitely in poor taste but I feel like Trump's opinions about thousands of Mexicans are kind of being overlooked in favor of his opinions about one specific old white guy.

For the right, though, what may ultimately be even bigger is his "I don't really think about God that much" gaffe, complete with calling communion "eating my little cracker."

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

"Donald Trump is distracting us from policy debate over Iran (with whom diplomatic relations are literally impossible and we need to bomb as soon as possible)!"

beatlegs posted:

The Pacific Theatre doesn't exist. There weren't any Nazis there, so it wasn't part of WW2.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Do you guys believe any of the stuff you're saying or is this just a one-upping contest to see who can justify their masta edgelord posting the hardest

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Do you guys believe any of the stuff you're saying or is this just a one-upping contest to see who can justify their masta edgelord posting the hardest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBEXSiFzOfU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It reads like some kinda lovely Rush Limbaugh joke 'parodying the left' or whatever.

"It probably wasn't cool to say that you don't respect 'people who get captured' when 'getting captured' tends to be incredibly brutal and hosed up for the people and kinda out of their control most of the time."

"Yea but what about nuking Japan"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

beatlegs posted:

It's true people overlook that but the Axis Powers side of the conflict was literally genociding people by the millions in deathcamps for the crime of being a little different so those kinda things tend to get drowned out. I'm not defending what the allies did, just pointing it out its easier to be the good guy in that situation.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Saying America doesn't have the moral high ground isn't necessarily the same as saying Trump was right. Is McCain a hero? Before I answer, I need to know: is an Iraqi who was captured & tortured by the US military a hero?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Let me check the hero point scale that measures this objective quality. It's under his mana pool right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You can think whatever you like on if he is a hero or not, but if your reason for "no" is "he got captured" you probably suck as a person. This is especially true if you're a chickenhawk. This is literally all the "debate" is.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I think it's worth it to reflect on the pious, melodramatic reaction to what Trump said as much as what he said (which was just irrelevent dumbfuckery).

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

EgoEgress posted:

Saw the Fox scaremongering over the video today. I should know better by now, but it still boggles a bit how the very same people I see decrying medias' jumping to the facts and 'irresponsible reporting' (in discussion of police shootings, usually) will in the same breath report dubious poo poo like this video as fact.

as it turns out, the overwhelming majority of people - including people you know - are hypocrites who will defensively lecture other people on their faults while also indulging in those same faults themselves, because humans are irrational creatures enslaved by our monkey brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

beatlegs posted:

I think it's worth it to reflect on the pious, melodramatic reaction to what Trump said as much as what he said (which was just irrelevent dumbfuckery).

Everyone in the GOP is relishing an opening to criticize Trump on ARE TROOPS instead of having to take his racism head on.