Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

You can do what I do and just play the loving game and you will cap them out pretty quickly. I do enjoy running the hardest missions available, though.

Edit: Remember, you get a ton of particles of mastery per mission. I think I get 900-1600 per run at 10k prestige, and I usually cap them shortly after I cap sparks of insight and before everything else.

Oh..OH. I am an idiot. I called them the wrong thing. 500 currencies in this game gets confusing.

What I meant to ask is..how do I reliably farm Sparks of Transformation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Obscurity posted:

Oh..OH. I am an idiot. I called them the wrong thing. 500 currencies in this game gets confusing.

What I meant to ask is..how do I reliably farm Sparks of Transformation!

The ones that you spend to respec and unlock classes? Once you cap your sparks of insight (red/green/blue) your missions will start to reward sparks of transformation instead. That's probably the most reliable way to get a lot of them. You also get them from some of the quests in open areas. Apparently you also get them in place of ether crystals once you unlock all your amulet slots, and in place of the first-time reward when re-doing open areas.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
you can also buy them from the market :twisted:

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
caps just reset (12 pm EDT, 9 pm PDT tuesday, 5 am wednesday RU)

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

auzuguwu posted:

caps just reset (12 pm EDT, 9 pm PDT tuesday, 5 am wednesday RU)

I literally just capped my sparks with 20 left to get Necro unlocked and came here to cry about it. Saw this, checked my game window, and turned a cartwheel. Ahahaha yisssssss--

EDIT: Cool as the class headpiece is for Necromancer, you can get some pretty nice alternative looks with a little bit of exploration through the starter outfit stuff. The Rogue hood has a color scheme that matches the sleeves, shoulder, and belt pretty closely.

Zizi fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 22, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I have unlocked berzerker wisp form

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hey, so generally I'm not going to be a good person to try to contact for a guild invite until like friday. I landed jury duty so I'm spending all day in court and then coming home and hating myself, so if you tried to contact me in the last day or two sorry.

Probably going to play a shitload of this on friday, though, so yeah.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
caps reset

gonna finally get alchemist and douse other people in lifegiving acid :neckbeard:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

RottenK posted:

caps reset

gonna finally get alchemist and douse other people in lifegiving acid :neckbeard:

Alch is pretty fun. I might do a spergpost if people are interested

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kessel posted:

Alch is pretty fun. I might do a spergpost if people are interested

why not

class information is useful

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Okay. Classified as support, alchemists are basically force multipliers in groups - they do okay damage on their own but their abilities can provide significant group damage boosts, enemy debuffs and a lot of healing/mitigation.

Basic attacks
Your left click is Acidic Solution and your right click is Combustible Solution. The basic idea is to stack one solution on the enemy, then detonate with the other solution.
Single-target: left click eight times, right click to detonate
AOE: right click five times, left click to detonate
Doing this nets you catalyst (your mana) to spend on heavy hitters.

Slot 1
You have a choice between Creeping Horror and Predatory Ecto, both of which do the same thing: summon oozes that sidle on over and explode on your target. The former costs less mana but does less damage; the latter costs more but has special effects in PVP. Damage to mana wise, the former is more efficient in PvE.
There's a trait which increases the damage on follow-up oozes after a summon, which is in your interest to keep up. That means your basic damage rotation will be left/right click combo -> summon two oozes for max bonus -> repeat.

Slot 2
PBAoE skill - you fly up and cover the area in chemicals. Same deal with the two choices: one costs less; the other costs more but does impulse damage without consuming a charge. You can trait for a 50% chance to get a second activation for free.

Slot 3
The catchall util slot. You have some very interesting choices here.
Janus Essence - coats the ground in goo, slowing enemies down and granting you extreme dash distance within the circle. You can trait it to deal AOE damage every time someone lands a crit within the circle.
Skipjack - you point your cursor where you want to go, and activate the skill to use your kit like a jetpack. You'll fly to your cursor location and slow enemies as you land. You can use it three times in a row before the cooldown kicks in. Can be traited to upgrade the slow to an immobilise. This skill is fiddly to use, but offers great crowd control and is a very good bailout skill for when someone is breathing down your neck.
Prot Membrane - you root yourself, spinning a wall of acid in front of your face. It reflects damage back to attackers. This skill is utter bullshit - it can reflect boss oneshot lasers and room-wide AOEs, allowing you to stand in place and ignore mechanics as other players flee to safety behind rocks or out of death zones. Can be traited to start its cooldown upon activation rather than end, or to upgrade its reflection from 100% to 180% of damage. Keep in mind that the damage component of an attack is reflected, but not its other effects - including things like knockback, boss attacks that poison you or set you on fire etc.
Some gas bomb I can't remember the name of - you throw it and it paralyses people. If you tap the key you get a delayed paralysis; if you hold it down you get an instant paralysis on detonation. Costs a hell of a lot of mana but is good for pissing people off in PvP.

Slot 4
Biotrap - you throw some flasks. One yanks people in, the other two deal damage. Use this in conjunction with your damage buffs for more damage for everyone.
Monster form - you turn into a punchfists monster with two skills - left click punches, right click charges at the enemy. Can be traited to extend duration when you kill something with it.
Massive Transformation - you get a transform, he gets a transform, everyone gets a transform! The cooldown is five minutes. C'est la vie

Slots 5 through 8 - These are fixed skills.
Prot Shield - it's a shield you can put on yourself or on allies. Can be traited to completely absorb the first hit (allowing you to soak oneshots) and recharge instantly if it blows up.
Stim Injector - makes someone do more damage.
Alch Terminal - weird but powerful skill. You tap to summon a terminal at your feet, or hold to summon a terminal at your target's feet. Teammates who use the terminal (use is instant) gain four seconds of invuln. Can be traited to add immunity to CC, and to increase its use range. Nobody in your team will understand what the terminal does so don't hold out hope that people will use it.
Energy Shower - damage boost for you and people near you. Can be traited to offer increased movespeed, immunity to slows and free dashes for its nine-second duration. Tell your team to look out for the yellow piss spray coming out your rear end. Everyone will do sick crits and love you.

Ultimate
You soar through the air, spraying everything below you with healing piss. Massive cooldown, but can unfuck a fight that is going badly. Can be traited to give you damage mitigation after it ends.

The tutorial doesn't do a good job of showing you what the alch is capable of, but the promo missions do. If you get a promo mission for alch, try it out - you might like it.

(feel free to link this post in the OP)

Kessel fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 29, 2015

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
this is a good writeup

thanks

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stolen and added to the OP.

We still need a lot of class write ups. That alch one was particularly beefy though.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Hey, so generally I'm not going to be a good person to try to contact for a guild invite until like friday. I landed jury duty so I'm spending all day in court and then coming home and hating myself, so if you tried to contact me in the last day or two sorry.

Probably going to play a shitload of this on friday, though, so yeah.

You should have posed as someone from 12 angry men.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I have no idea what they did with this mini patch but the game runs much worse now. Getting half the fps I used to and random lag spikes are back.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

i paid $20 a while back and played an entire hour of this game.

Tried to log in today, had to download an 8gig patch, which then got stuck in a never ending loop when trying to apply, so now im downloading an 8gig 'fix' to the game.

I hope my name is still reserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kessel posted:

Awesome Alchemist write up

This is extremely useful. Thank you for taking the time to write it up. I would love something that goes to this level of depth and format for every class.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I installed this on a whim yesterday, and I really have to wonder what the meetings where they decide to put the boob physics in look like, because not only are there boob physics, but they vary on the costume you're wearing. Why, game devs, why?

Also high heels. :(

Apart from those two bits of wierdness, it seems quite fun, but I have to ask how many zones are there?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Angrymog posted:

I installed this on a whim yesterday, and I really have to wonder what the meetings where they decide to put the boob physics in look like, because not only are there boob physics, but they vary on the costume you're wearing. Why, game devs, why?

Also high heels. :(

Apart from those two bits of wierdness, it seems quite fun, but I have to ask how many zones are there?

Open the mission map and click on the magnifying glass in the bottom right corner. You'll see every thing you can queue for and at what prestige they open up at.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Clairetic posted:

The ones that you spend to respec and unlock classes? Once you cap your sparks of insight (red/green/blue) your missions will start to reward sparks of transformation instead. That's probably the most reliable way to get a lot of them. You also get them from some of the quests in open areas. Apparently you also get them in place of ether crystals once you unlock all your amulet slots, and in place of the first-time reward when re-doing open areas.

So if I'm not capping sparks, and don't have all amulets, but able to unlock classes basically I have to buy them from market? gently caress.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
Slayer seems pretty cool. Still trying to get it to a somewhat usable state. Definitely missing the Berserker aoe though.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I went a male and immediately regret my decision with all these costumes. Anyway I can get a sex change?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the stylist can do that. First time is free, I think.

Seanightjar
Apr 1, 2011

Been playing this game the last few days and I have a question to anyone who has played closed beta.

What does end game look like for this mmo? I see god form and getting higher stats/prestige as the progression of characters but is there challenging pve, pvp, etc? Starting to see how long it will take to get god-form (the gimmick this game is sold on) and starting to become annoyed.with how much time will get sucked from me for the first bit of interesting gameplay.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
There is content gated behind god form and pantheon buildings, so yes, there are things to do in the game that we haven't gotten to see thus far.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Got this downloaded last night, going to give it a try after work. The Wife and I are burned out on WoW and want to try something new. Is there a awful pantheon to join?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Apparently there's the guild stuff and a bunch of 10 man raids and maybe the guild stuff is 10 man as well I'm not entirely sure.

I will also max out my Paladin before doing much else this week, especially if missions keep having poo poo I don't care about as rewards like they did all morning. Which will still be pretty boring since I have everything I need from that tree except for maybe one skill that's a sidegrade and the rest is pretty much filler.

Edit: There is but it's currently full because they chose to do something else that's not roster expanding despite all my bitching about it.

v It had literally one spot yesterday and it was filled when I checked earlier. Server up and either the thing isn't loading correctly or I have been kicked.

Okay there is one open spot.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 22, 2015

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Pantheon should have room. I'll check In a couple of minutes and bug Drinkfist if there is not.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Obscurity posted:

So if I'm not capping sparks, and don't have all amulets, but able to unlock classes basically I have to buy them from market? gently caress.

Pump your brakes. Just loving clear Dank Island. The first region zone that was super tiny and pathetic. You can get 45 a run of those sparks you are looking for if you are premium. It take like 5 mins of you just wrecking the whole zone like you are on a morning stroll. Easy farm.

Seanightjar posted:

Been playing this game the last few days and I have a question to anyone who has played closed beta.

What does end game look like for this mmo? I see god form and getting higher stats/prestige as the progression of characters but is there challenging pve, pvp, etc? Starting to see how long it will take to get god-form (the gimmick this game is sold on) and starting to become annoyed.with how much time will get sucked from me for the first bit of interesting gameplay.

At 30,000 Prestige you unlock your god form from the story quests. Somewhere around this time the invasions, raids, special events, Distortions (Guild raids) and some other garbage open up as well as another atlas for speccing out your god form. The guild wars pvp and pve event thing I believe is still in development. There is also upcoming order events that reward special poo poo for a limited time. That is pretty much all I know as we never got to see any of it in the closed beta because the events were only one to two weeks long.

As for interesting gameplay if you are already not enjoying this poo poo then I suggest you bail out. I could care less about endgame mmo bullshit for this game because I enjoy it right now as it is. The combat and bosses are quite fun and the fact that I don't need to sperg heavy all week to keep up is loving awesome. As you rank up more and more poo poo opens up and the game just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Their main issue is the early game sucks for most because you are stuck with a small amount of unlocked missions and areas you got to repeat which after your fifth run of port naori you want nothing to do with the loving place again.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 22, 2015

Hurlin Merlin
Jan 29, 2009

Would you like to try my Major Elixir of Thunderbird?
Been playing the past week, in as Nathaniel Magnus. Will join the Pantheon whenever room opens up.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Hurlin Merlin posted:

Been playing the past week, in as Nathaniel Magnus. Will join the Pantheon whenever room opens up.

I intend to do a guild expansion right after this HQ finishes. After we get to around week 3 of open beta not accounting for the one week early access I am gonna start booting people at around 2000 prestige and below under the assumption they quit the game. The age of goonrush mass numbers is long over it seems so I don't expect to see 100+ goons in this poo poo past the first month.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And if they're still active they can re-apply when they're not scrubby.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

So here's a quick guide to endgame tanking for Knight and Paladin, in terms of what chapels, symbols, and talents are commonly chosen:

https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55adb3c0ac7233ac2b5e0cee/1?page=1

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Drinkfist posted:

I intend to do a guild expansion right after this HQ finishes. After we get to around week 3 of open beta not accounting for the one week early access I am gonna start booting people at around 2000 prestige and below under the assumption they quit the game. The age of goonrush mass numbers is long over it seems so I don't expect to see 100+ goons in this poo poo past the first month.

So play a few weeks, see if I like it and hope there is room by then?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Drinkfist do a full Necro write up! TIA :)

Edit: also if you need a replacement for Berg I am on daily after 5pm Est. There may be a day or two coming soon here and there that I am on later due to moving in two weeks, but I will still get on to at least do vote stuff.

IGN is Peter Quill

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 22, 2015

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Started this the other night and it seems alright? Combat has a quick flow to it, while Tera kinda felt a little chunky/slow. Vaguely reminds me of Vindictus maybe, but attacks in that game kinda had you commiting to it.

When do you get mounts? Saw a dude with a chocobo like bird the other night in the main hub.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Uziduke posted:

There aren't any bonuses that are available yet anyway. We still need to build the buildIngs for all the bonuses and that will take a few weeks. If you want to play withe Goons, you can hop on mumble. That's where most of us are.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Obscurity posted:

Drinkfist do a full Necro write up! TIA :)

Edit: also if you need a replacement for Berg I am on daily after 5pm Est. There may be a day or two coming soon here and there that I am on later due to moving in two weeks, but I will still get on to at least do vote stuff.

IGN is Peter Quill

I am not about to spill the secrets of my dark magic. (Honestly I am done with all the effort posting I did for the loving OP. Let me get drunk and change my mind on that later.)

The new commander in place of Berg was Mecha Shiva or whatever his name was for donating to the guild some ungodly sum and getting all giddy for the position. I also think you lot underestimate the amount of clans we are allowed. Its something like 20. There will be more commanders I assure you.

Uziduke posted:

More like two days probably. The buildings don't take that long to construct and more goons are moving out of scrub tier and know how the game works. poo poo builds faster now. I don't know if the "Build my loving house" statements help move it along but my cruel imagination tells me it is required of me as King Shitbag.

Aphrodite posted:

And if they're still active they can re-apply when they're not scrubby.

I don't care about the scrub tier. I care whether or not they are actually playing the game. I am looking for those who literally uninstalled the game within the first week and got into the guild. It will cause problems for us in the long run because I love gently caress with other guilds and when that becomes a thing I need to know our real numbers. (Even though I didn't care in Swordsman. But hey I still dissassembled the largest pub guild in that game single handily. It just helps knowing this poo poo.)

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
I'm just hoping I get into the clan or pantheon or whatever it is sometime this week really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I hope drinkfist has already forgotten your name

• Locked thread