Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Next episode appears to feature Goemon.

My expectations will be tempered accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

littleorv posted:

Hello ironically

littleorv

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

United States of Yamericana: The Great House's Oblong Office.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Goemon sure is inconspicuous.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Thanks for crashing, Hulu.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's saving you from Goemon being boring at you.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Goemon was barely in this one so consequently I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Alternate universe Che Castro's a pretty chill guy.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a good show. What a surprise.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I burnt out on LOGH about episode 40-something. It was good but just so long, I have trouble watching anything with more than 20 episodes, let alone more than 100.

Burning though 400 episodes of One Piece trying to catch up before the first Pirate Warriors came out ruined me for watching long series.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

LOGH is technically comprised of four smaller seasons if that helps to processes it, so you've at least three opportunities for a pit stop before the end.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Aw yeah, Jigen's in this one.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Turns out the villain is just Jeff Gerstmann wearing his owl head from Persona 4.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

also the problem with the ADTRW top 10 is that it just counts votes.

So for instance, if there's one kind of good anime that everyone watched, and then 3 really good anime that are niche, the one kind of good anime is gonna win.

that's pretty much what happened with part timer. it was a solid comedy that a lot of people watched and voted for. only a couple of people had it as BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR, most everyone had it like '3' or '4.'

I am not smart enough to do weighted voting for the worst anime thread, but mahouka got about twice as many votes as the second place one

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

maybeflan posted:

That's Italy.
1. Since when were the Italians interested in any anime?
2. Why the hell do they get first dibs on a real anime BEFORE Japan!?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A fairly simple way to weight votes would be: 1st place, 5 points; 2nd, 4; down to 5th, 1 point. If an unranked list is given, 3 points each. Throw out votes for more than 5 anims.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grouchio posted:

1. Since when were the Italians interested in any anime?

lol

Italy loving loves anime
Also new Lupin is set there

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

lol

Italy loving loves anime
Also new Lupin is set there
Are there comicons in the major cities? Are there otakus waltzing through the streets? Do good voters compare Bersculoni to PM Mori? Are there any Italian SHAFT/Madhouse fans?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Good news everyone! I got a frigging puppy in FF14!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Again with the owls.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I only watched a little bit of anime today, but I did play a shitload of pinball.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

I only watched a little bit of anime today, but I did play a shitload of pinball.

Pinball is good, what pinball?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Are there comicons in the major cities? Are there otakus waltzing through the streets? Do good voters compare Bersculoni to PM Mori? Are there any Italian SHAFT/Madhouse fans?

Get some sleep Grouchio.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

Pinball is good, what pinball?

Mostly Theatre of Magic and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I cannot for the life of me shoot the loving snackbar. I should probably clarify that I was playing Pinball Arcade and not physical pinball machines

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

A fairly simple way to weight votes would be: 1st place, 5 points; 2nd, 4; down to 5th, 1 point. If an unranked list is given, 3 points each. Throw out votes for more than 5 anims.

We only vote for 3, but ill try it this year along with the wild card idea someone had in the thread

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gonna go to bed after this episode is over.

As always, Jigen is best.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Mostly Theatre of Magic and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I cannot for the life of me shoot the loving snackbar. I should probably clarify that I was playing Pinball Arcade and not physical pinball machines

I only have a few pinball arcade machines, the poo poo for that game is so damned expensive :(

Pinball FX 2 is still good though, and I would like to one day learn how to make my own pinball machine.

Unrelated, but i forgot how amazing the music in beyblade was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUatHNp8ABQ

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think I still have some Beyblades somewhere. Middle school was a weird time for me

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I watched Beyblade every day as a kid. The new stuff doesn't look as cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does japan do a lot of pinball machines or is it mostly just pachinko machines there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just pachinko I think, but that's more the equivalent of slot machines than anything.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Grouchio posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Overlord anime is fun.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

littleorv posted:

Not anime but I was really big fan of Justified while it was still going on.
justified is epic and better than anime

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Good news everyone! I got a frigging puppy in FF14!

:3:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the recommendations, thread! Going from living alone to living with two other people in less than two years was kinda disorienting at first. The constant beard-shaming also got depressing. :(

boom boom boom posted:

How are we supposed to recomend something similiar to castle, when we haven't seen Caselt cause almost none of us are middle-aged married people?

I'm 30 (turn 31 on Friday). Am I... do people consider men in their 30's to be middle-aged?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

30 is grizzled old veteran age in anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

30 is grizzled old veteran age in anime.

Age 32

:qq:

• Locked thread