Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Can't run it today, but if this is still up by next weekend I'll make another run up to Alishan. Yushan is right out as there is no direct path from my city to the summit, I need to drive either two hours north or two hours south just to get around the mountains and then back up the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Today I have braved the threat of drizzle and navigated through quaint villages to ride a grueling ~876' up a hill.

Goons and goonettes, I present to you...

Motorcycle with abandoned piano

Located

on the Ridge which is near the highest point of the North Downs (which is actually in some of the light green bit so not accessible by road *, and my new boots were murdering my feet, so I didn't go to look for it on foot)

For your challenge, you may have noticed that this is all located near the rather charmingly named Titsey park, your challenge if you choose to accept it is...

:siren:Your motorcycle beside a rude place name.:siren:

* It's also fenced and gated with CCTV on the gates, so no offroad sportsbike adventures

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I used to date a girl named Titsey Park.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Angrymog posted:

:siren:Your motorcycle beside a rude place name.:siren:

Fantastic!

Does Rancho Cucamonga sound racist to anyone else? It's the closest thing I can think of.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Somebody's got to live within a reasonable ride from one of these

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Any North Texas goons feel like riding up to Rick Perry's old hunting lease?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...Y5DL_story.html

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Who the gently caress abandons a piano?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I suppose it's lucky for non-UK goons this came up at the end of a rainy Sunday because throw a dart at a map of Britain and you're pretty much guaranteed to hit a funny/dirty place name.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

If I hadn't already started drinking, I'd ride over to Big Beaver Brewing Company.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

We have multiple Kentucky goons. Someone head out to Hell for Certain, Kentucky. Try to find some of the old Chiche's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_for_Certain,_Kentucky

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

If I hadn't already started drinking, I'd ride over to Big Beaver Brewing Company.

Exit 69, Big Beaver Rd. Minutes away.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I thought I'd have this one in the bag, but apparently I live in the one city in Taiwan that doesn't have a Dongman Road.

doppler
Jul 10, 2006
Motor CIty Machine Music

Is this rude enough?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Don't go down that road unless you want a dicking.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Don't go down that road unless you want a dicking.

Actually, it's Spanish for the Richard. Don't be so insensitive.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

builds character posted:

Actually, it's Spanish for the Richard. Don't be so insensitive.

I am offended that they feminized dick.

edit

I guess Doppler gets to propose the next challenge.

doppler
Jul 10, 2006
Motor CIty Machine Music
:siren: Your bike next to a power station. :siren:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I suppose it's lucky for non-UK goons this came up at the end of a rainy Sunday because throw a dart at a map of Britain and you're pretty much guaranteed to hit a funny/dirty place name.

Before I moved across town, I used to live just a mile or so from Wanker's Corner.

There's a pub named after the place that was across the street from where I used to live (the pub used to actually be at Wanker's Corner, but relocated a while ago because they outgrew the original location) and it is still one of my favourite pubs. Now it's like a 30-45 minute ride out there because I'm on the far side of the city from it. :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

doppler posted:

:siren: Your bike next to a power station. :siren:

Etiwanda Generating Station, Rancho Cucamonga.

This is a riding forum, so why don't you :siren:get a picture with a horse.:siren:

Now I realize motorcycles are loud and scary, so they'll probably spook a real horse. Use your imagination. Take a picture with a billboard, carousel, or even one of those machines in front of supermarkets that children ride. Just as long as you take a photo with a horse.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Do spouses count? :v:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

cursedshitbox posted:

Do spouses count? :v:

Only if she's got hooves, Mr. Hands.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I was going to make a lame joke about Reading being a dirty word to non-UK goons, but just south of it lies Risely, Swallowfield, and Spencer's Wood.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm way late for the dirty place name challenge, but I was riding past and I couldn't not stop.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Linedance posted:

I'm way late for the dirty place name challenge, but I was riding past and I couldn't not stop.

:laffo: that owns. If no one finishes my :siren:Horse Challenge:siren: by Thursday, July 23rd, then I'd be happy to let you throw a new challenge out for other people to do.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
I live across from Monmouth Park, I will try my best to swing a horse pic.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Oglogoth posted:

I live across from Monmouth Park, I will try my best to swing a horse pic.

Awesome! It doesn't have to be a flesh and blood horse, btw, I made allowances for signage, statues, billboards, etc. I'm sure anyone in an American city can easily find a statue of a general on horseback, for example.

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013
We've got a lot of live horses around these parts;

My bike is on the far left...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Works for me. Got a challenge for us?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Chichevache posted:

Works for me. Got a challenge for us?

My guess is that's an old picture which is against the rules.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'll be able to get a horse picture on Thursday if I don't get beaten to it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

YF19pilot posted:

Oh.:geno:

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013

YF19pilot posted:

It's old if this past weekend is too long ago, but whatever
If it is good your bike with an exotic dancer on it( male or female your choice)

Outside Dawg fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 21, 2015

koollook124
Jan 15, 2008

Does my sons rocking horse count?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

koollook124 posted:

Does my sons rocking horse count?

Absolutely!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Outside Dawg posted:

It's old if this past weekend is too long ago, but whatever
If it is good your bike with an exotic dancer on it( male or female your choice)

Sorry, the text and framing made me think it was something you had laying about. A very pro looking piece. Chichevache's challenge was issued on the 17th, so if you made the photo this weekend you're good!

Sorry for the mix-up!

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013
No worries, I just ran it though MS paint to do the text. The pic just reminded me of that song. It was taken at a Hot Springs that has been in business for better than 100 years.

koollook124
Jan 15, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Absolutely!

How about a picture of your bike in front of a major fast food chain restaurant, in a state you don't live in!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah because posting a picture in front of burger king and saying you were in the next state over is challenging. :rolleyes:

Make it a fast food joint that doesn't operate in your state.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

koollook124 posted:

How about a picture of your bike in front of a major fast food chain restaurant, in a state you don't live in!

Sorry. :smith: I think outside dawg's exotic dancer challenge is going to stand, since he beat you to the horse challenge. For what it's worth, I love the rocking horse picture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Digital_Jesus posted:

Yeah because posting a picture in front of burger king and saying you were in the next state over is challenging. :rolleyes:

Or it's trivially easy for someone who lives in a border town like Portland or St. Louis where you can hop across the state line in less than 15 minutes. That's about how long it would take me to get from my house in Oregon to a fast food joint on Mill Plain ave in Vancouver Washington.

• Locked thread