Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

You're saying that slapping Kira in the face is ever not valid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Jostiband posted:

You're saying that slapping Kira in the face is ever not valid?

Slapping Jesus is a one-way ticket to hell. :colbert:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

he'd turn the other cheek which is good cause you can slap kira again :colbert:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Lol Kira slapped Cagalli. He has a point though.

And still, nobody has punched Flay in the face.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Flay is the best character inn Gundam Seed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Flay is the best character inn Gundam Seed.

Rau.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Indeed. Kinda funny that one of Mark Oliver's only other VA roles that I've seen is a southern hillbilly Decepticon. Night and day,really.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rau was entertaining, Flay was a legit good character

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

boom boom boom posted:

Rau was entertaining, Flay was a legit good character

Well, up until they wrote her out of the series for 30 episodes and then tried to make her a generic Gundam Girl Martyr.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

TheManSeries posted:

Don't worry about it. She's just that way and she's about to so some real dope poo poo involving Zoids and rocket launchers.

I really wish Gundam SEED was Zoids.... That was a better show.

I never got the appeal of Cagalli at any point in time. Her sole saving grace is that she's not Lacus.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

I really wish Gundam SEED was Zoids.... That was a better show.

I never got the appeal of Cagalli at any point in time. Her sole saving grace is that she's not Lacus.

Eh it's nice to have a more assertive tomboyish character in gundam.:shrug:. Though anything involving her being the princess of orb sucks.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Monaghan posted:

Eh it's nice to have a more assertive tomboyish character in gundam.:shrug:.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Gundam X was such an ugly show

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Pala Sys is great. Introduced saving Garrod's rear end, beats top-of-the-line ace Mobile Suits in nothing more than a cool jet, and she didn't even end up with a forced romance, one-sided with the main character!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StrifeHira posted:

Pala Sys is great. Introduced saving Garrod's rear end, beats top-of-the-line ace Mobile Suits in nothing more than a cool jet, and she didn't even end up with a forced romance, one-sided with the main character!

Those eyes though...

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Gundam X was such an ugly show

I think the low-quality generic 90s anime animation gives it a special charm. It reminds me of Trigun's shoddy animation and art.

quote:

I like her too, but I wish she did more after saving Garrod. It's clear the creators wanted her to do more, but the cancellation really scaled back her role to the point where she almost felt useless.

Her character design can be somewhat freaky at times tho. She's ridiculously round and looks like she's from another show entirely. When she has her mouth open, she looks like a weird fish-human hybrid.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

closeted republican posted:

I think the low-quality generic 90s anime animation gives it a special charm. It reminds me of Trigun's shoddy animation and art.

I like her too, but I wish she did more after saving Garrod. It's clear the creators wanted her to do more, but the cancellation really scaled back her role to the point where she almost felt useless.

Her character design can be somewhat freaky at times tho. She's ridiculously round and looks like she's from another show entirely. When she has her mouth open, she looks like a weird fish-human hybrid.

Hey, dolphin Newtypes had to start somewhere.

Don't judge.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

X did kinda get canceled. There were a ton of things they obviously had planned, like Ennil's Gundam, that got scrapped.

At least there's SRW and G-Gen.

Darth Walrus posted:

Hey, dolphin Newtypes had to start somewhere.

Don't judge.

"Dolphins don't attack each other like humans do."

[Explodes several dolphin brains]

Newtype dolphins are bigger assholes and hypocrites than Newtype humans. :colbert:

In retrospect Newtype chimps weren't that bad, kinda.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Lol everytime a GOON or the ZNO fires a torpedo it sounds as if it's saying "yes!"

yes! yes! yes! yes!

e: oh no Cagalli crashed. So much for her high lanking.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 22, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

StrifeHira posted:

dolphins are bigger assholes and hypocrites than humans

It's true to life.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's true to life.

A naked Tiffa is humped by a Newtype dolphin as Garrod looks on in despair but also with an erection.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:yikes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A naked Tiffa is humped by a Newtype dolphin as Garrod looks on in despair but also with an erection.

Quotin dis so the last few posts make sense in case of edit.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's a reference to something, I know I saw something with the same template but not Gundam characters in a weird fanart thread elsewhere years ago.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It's a reference to something, I know I saw something with the same template but not Gundam characters in a weird fanart thread elsewhere years ago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:stonklol:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Glossing over that nightmarish image, I've decided to binge watch wing. I'm in the middle of building tallgeese and it makes me miss seeing it in action. I might skip the first couple episodes but we'll see if I can handle it in mass quantities.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Oh man why did you post that image, I wanted more people to keep emptyquoting for a couple of more pages.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Same, but unironically

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I was getting a lot of mileage out of that one yikes.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Peter McNicol's death makes no sense; he charged at Jesus with a stick, very slowly and Jesus pulled back from attacking the aegis. Then the impossible happened and the Blitz gundam "stuck" itself onto the big sword, but it didn't look like Christ swung it in attack or defense. Did I miss something??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Srice posted:

Same, but unironically

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Peter McNicol's death makes no sense; he charged at Jesus with a stick, very slowly and Jesus pulled back from attacking the aegis. Then the impossible happened and the Blitz gundam "stuck" itself onto the big sword, but it didn't look like Christ swung it in attack or defense. Did I miss something??

Assuming you're watching the remaster: They changed that. In the original Kira clearly swings at Nicol.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Droyer posted:

Assuming you're watching the remaster: They changed that. In the original Kira clearly swings at Nicol.

Jesus has the magic ability to make evildoers impale themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is seriously the most inane retcon because it makes no sense.

"Hm, yes, Kira swings at someone attacking him in surprise and kills them. This is tragic and sad and everyone feels guilt about it. No, no, that's too ambiguous. Kira needs to be COMPLETELY blameless."

• Locked thread