Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
medchem
Oct 11, 2012

All that money and he still wears a garbage bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

medchem posted:

All that money and he still wears a garbage bag.

Blow up someone else, Sid.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

MiketheGreat posted:

a guy I know has always spelled "might as well" as "midest well"

These funny little mistakes of language people make are called "eggcorns".

The Adam & Joe radio show on BBC6 Music had a regular Eggcorn feature, listeners would submit ones they had heard.

You should check them out, it could give you a whole new leash on life.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rad

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Sormus posted:

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

I hate you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sormus posted:

:golfclap:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Sormus posted:

... Ricky?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sormus posted:

Somewhere in the pits of hell, George Carlin is screaming and shanking a demon with his own pitchfork in psychotic fuckin' hatred.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Sormus posted:

No no no no not reading no

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Sormus posted:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It's been a long time since I spoke French with any fluency, but shouldn't that "de" be an "et" there?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Screaming Idiot posted:

Somewhere in the pits of hell, George Carlin is screaming and shanking a demon with his own pitchfork in psychotic fuckin' hatred.

I know I am.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Sormus posted:

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news

stopped reading

I know 50 "i hate you" posts in a row is annoying, but i want you to know that i hate you

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sormus posted:

source your quotes

e:

SatansBestBuddy has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Jul 22, 2015

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sormus posted:

What a damp squid.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

trapped mouse posted:

I actually kind of like "playing it by year". Good way to live.
I've always liked "supposably", but to mean "it could be supposed" rather than "it is supposed".

Sormus posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

What a damp squid.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Its been like three years, a statue of limitations should apply.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Guys.

If this carries on, I think I'll give up the goat.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
Like a confused boner, I am simultaneously amused and outraged.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Hirayuki posted:

It's been a long time since I spoke French with any fluency, but shouldn't that "de" be an "et" there?
No, "cul de sac" as a whole is a french term, meaning dead end (litteraly bag's butt).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zanael posted:

No, "cul de sac" as a whole is a french term, meaning dead end (litteraly bag's butt).

I think you may have missed the joke there.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Tiggum posted:

I think you may have missed the joke there.
That's what I thought :smith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

flosofl posted:

Yeah, I suppose for all intensive purposes, I could care less.

My goal in life is to find a way to use the phrase "intensive purposes" legitimately.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Sormus posted:

Ricky, when'd bubbles get you on the Internet?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Oh hey, a bunch of new posts in the funny pictures thread oh boy oh boy am I ready for a laff...

:yikes:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

This kid rules

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Do you like M:tG cards that are procedurally generated by a neural net program that was fed thousands of real cards? Becuse I know I do!

https://twitter.com/RoboRosewater

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/612057-generating-magic-cards-using-deep-recurrent-neural

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Do you like M:tG cards that are procedurally generated by a neural net program that was fed thousands of real cards? Becuse I know I do!

https://twitter.com/RoboRosewater

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/612057-generating-magic-cards-using-deep-recurrent-neural

These are fantastic. There are also Hearthstone cards created the same way.
My personal favourite

A whole gallery of these
http://imgur.com/a/IEUSR

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Horshers

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Paladinus posted:

These are fantastic. There are also Hearthstone cards created the same way.
My personal favourite

A whole gallery of these
http://imgur.com/a/IEUSR

The Blood Manos card is fantastic because it literally is "ALL minions" but the lack of health means it dies as soon as you play it.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

After you win play then exile some cards just to show off.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

oh my god i love these and i can't stop laughing

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I recently got back into Magic after like 10 years (with my son) and this is legit exactly what some of the new cards sound like to me. Like if the next set featured horsher as a mechanic I wouldn't even blink.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MTG is so weird and complicated now that there is probably some obscure situation or ruleset where this is a useful card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

There are definitely decks that could use it - you'd need to be playing cards which provide a benefit when enchantments are played. Though I can't name any off the top of my head, they do exist.

• Locked thread