Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://internet.gawker.com/internet-racists-are-obsessed-with-nickelodeons-show-ab-1716108536

Gawker did a piece on that Nickelodeon cuckold thing. As expected, it started as a "joke" and then a bunch of gullible racists decided that it was all true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Up next: how fluoride in the water is causing children to involuntarily claim they are homosexual.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah, what motivates these people is a sort of anti-modernist traditionalist fear that mass monoculture food production is bad for the environment and tends to be dominated by corporate profit motives. this is true and reasonable.

but addressing structural problems in our society is nigh impossible, so its easier to boil it down to acute problems like "monsanto is actively poisoning us" or "GMOs are bad like RADIATION" and other half baked luddite nonsense

for example there's a lot of fear that GMOs cause health problems and some tenative but not at all convincing research linking GMOs and herbicide consumption with poor health. this gets endlessly rebroadcast in woo circles like articles proving the link between vaccines and autism. but you know what does demonstrably cause poor health as consumption increases? processed food

the general link here is that there is an actual problem we can do very little/nothing about. so one way to prevent feeling completely impotent and helpless in the face of a big mean world is to invent a villain to rage against, whether it be monsanto, or big pharma, or george w. bush, or all black people, or or or

I told a naturalist gmo is causing cell badness guy that it is more important to know what ingredients you eat rather than how the ingredients are made or grown if you want to live a healthy life.

I was of course an naive childe because he read antigmo articles in magazines. Why would someone just print something on an magazine that is not the truth? It boggles one mind.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Michael Jackson posted:

I told a naturalist gmo is causing cell badness guy that it is more important to know what ingredients you eat rather than how the ingredients are made or grown if you want to live a healthy life.

I was of course an naive childe because he read antigmo articles in magazines. Why would someone just print something on an magazine that is not the truth? It boggles one mind.

Next you're going to tell me reality TV is scripted.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Michael Jackson posted:

Nothing mind boggling here. It's just that it's easier to share ifls links and Neil deGrasse Tyson memes on Facebook than it is to actually learn about science. As a result, you get a lot of people who think they understand science, while actually being quite clueless. These people then read "naturalist" nonsense deliberately formulated to sound scientific and accept it as fact.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Party Boat posted:

Up next: how fluoride in the water is causing children to involuntarily claim they are homosexual.

This is only happening because the children are also taking colloidal silver supplements.

It's a well-known chemical reaction: F + Ag.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how "You don't hear about Jade Helm 15 anymore, and you wonder what they were distracting you from" are already popping up. Yea, no one was ever talking about Jade Helm other than nutcases like you guys.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

I like how "You don't hear about Jade Helm 15 anymore, and you wonder what they were distracting you from" are already popping up. Yea, no one was ever talking about Jade Helm other than nutcases like you guys.

I'm kinda disappointed Jade Helm turned out to be nothing, honestly. I was really wanting to see poo poo like rednecks trying to fly drones over training exercises.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

twistedmentat posted:

i like that dumb people think there is only one national narrative at a time and that the citizenry as a mass can be distracted away/towards it

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

There's just an impossible amount of irony and dissonance packed into the fact that some people love and support the troops for bringing law, order, and American values to other countries, and at the same time get worried those same troops might do those things for people they deny rights to in their home state.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

babies havin rabies posted:

There's just an impossible amount of irony and dissonance packed into the fact that some people love and support the troops for bringing law, order, and American values to other countries, and at the same time get worried those same troops might do those things for people they deny rights to in their home state.

Those are just the troops following OBAMA's tyrannical orders like good soldiers do, when we get a republican president again things will be okay

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

i like that dumb people think there is only one national narrative at a time and that the citizenry as a mass can be distracted away/towards it

Not to mention they have zero idea how the 24 hour news cycle works.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

So guys I just found out my mom is super duper into Icke and LaRouche.

:whitewater:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
sever

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
take her to one of icke's conventions, show some filial piety

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ruzihm posted:

So guys I just found out my mom is super duper into Icke and LaRouche.

:whitewater:

randomly flick your tongue at her

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

This, then see if Microwave's mom is available instead.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Regardless of what you think of 9/11 "conspiracy theories", one has to admit that the fact we're still arguing about what really happened 14 years after the fact is interesting. If there were nothing to it but "pissed off muslims did it", I think the matter would have been settled long ago.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Narciss posted:

Regardless of what you think of 9/11 "conspiracy theories", one has to admit that the fact we're still arguing about what really happened 14 years after the fact is interesting.

I guess if you're colossally ignorant of all human history and culture, yeah it would be interesting.

But in reality it's only really "argued" by the crazy, the stupid, and people who've barely heard of it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apparently since the invention of the internet, the number of people who believe in a JFK conspiracy theory has actually increased. Increase in available information hasn't magically made us smarter. It just gives people willingly to believe in conspiracy theories more "evidence" to cherry pick and more crazies room to talk.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Narciss posted:

If there were nothing to it but "pissed off muslims did it", I think the matter would have been settled long ago.

Anyone writing a logic textbook? Narciss just provided you with a great example to use in the "non sequitur" section.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Anyone writing a logic textbook? Narciss just provided you with a great example to use in the "non sequitur" section.

Sorry if that flew over your head, I was sarcastically paraphrasing the Meme you see people spewing where they pretend Islam isn't primarily a religion of peace and act like the 9/11 attacks were religiously motivated. I myself know that it was actually the result of complex socio-economic factors & colonialism.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This, then see if Microwave's mom is available instead.

Wow, that's a deep pull.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Narciss posted:

Sorry if that flew over your head, I was sarcastically paraphrasing the Meme you see people spewing where they pretend Islam isn't primarily a religion of peace and act like the 9/11 attacks were religiously motivated. I myself know that it was actually the result of complex socio-economic factors & colonialism.

Yes, over my head. Thank you for clarifying.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sir Tonk posted:

http://internet.gawker.com/internet-racists-are-obsessed-with-nickelodeons-show-ab-1716108536

Gawker did a piece on that Nickelodeon cuckold thing. As expected, it started as a "joke" and then a bunch of gullible racists decided that it was all true.
The white supremacists doth protest too much

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Do you guys ever think the scientist Yakub made a mistaken when he made white people?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Narciss posted:

Regardless of what you think of moon landing "conspiracy theories", one has to admit that the fact we're still arguing about what really happened 46 years after the fact is interesting. If there were nothing to it but "we landed on the moon", I think the matter would have been settled long ago.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Shbobdb posted:

Do you guys ever think the scientist Yakub made a mistaken when he made white people?

Does this guy look like the kind to make a mistake?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Shbobdb posted:

Well he was serving evil dinosaurs who wanted to destroy the noble black man so I guess it comes down to whether he was tricked or if it was some kind of hubristic Frankenstein Faust thing.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I know that is the official line, but as longtime Hulkamaniacs know, the Black man cannot reproduce on his own, so he has to recruit new converts. That's why the Nickelodeon miscegenation propaganda is setting so many people off. Maybe he just did it so the race can survive but it ended up being a horrible mistake due to centuries of abuse?

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
My sister is forcing me to watch the Thrive Movement documentary. How bad is the bullshit to fact ratio?

Edit: here's a link WARNING THIS IS 2 HRS LONG!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEV5AFFcZ-s

GlennFinito fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 25, 2015

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
David Icke is involved, which is all you really need to know.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GlennFinito posted:

My sister is forcing me to watch the Thrive Movement documentary. How bad is the bullshit to fact ratio?

Edit: here's a link WARNING THIS IS 2 HRS LONG!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEV5AFFcZ-s

nobody's going to watch more than a couple minutes of this but from some cursory googling it looks like the same old "the elites are rigging the game" nonsense that's half right and half wrong

it's correct in that power and wealth are increasingly concentrated in a worrisome minority of hands however it wants to blame fiat currency, the federal reserve, and whatever else as individual policies and institutions which can somehow be thwarted thus saving the day and restoring peace and prosperity to everyone, when this concentration is the result of every inch of our society supporting a heirarchical social order (most strongly aligned with capitalism) from the ground up to such a degree that there's really nothing anyone can do to prevent the creation of superpowerful elites that has been going on for centuries now at least

so yeah, this is a problem, but no, there's nothing anyone can do about it, and people REALLY don't like acknowledging that they're helpless and social problems are absolutely out of their or anyone's control so it's better to rage in favor of the gold standard or term limits or whatever makes you sleep better at night. this is the troublesome thing about conspiracy theorists, a lot of them very much want to make things better and they're quite utopian in outlook it's just that they think they need to slay the illuminati or expose the moon landing hoax or other completely worthless policies in order to get to a stage where everyone can lead a happy and fulfilling life

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

David Icke is involved, which is all you really need to know.

I still have fond memories of him showing up on a neoNazi radio show where the host's all "no, seriously, we're all friends here, you can admit that you're just using psychic lizard aliens as a metaphor for The Jews" and it slowly dawns on him and the audience that, no, David Icke truly does believe the Illuminati conspiracy is run by psychic lizard aliens.

Made me feel a little sorry for Icke. :smith:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

nobody's going to watch more than a couple minutes of this but from some cursory googling it looks like the same old "the elites are rigging the game" nonsense that's half right and half wrong

it's correct in that power and wealth are increasingly concentrated in a worrisome minority of hands however it wants to blame fiat currency, the federal reserve, and whatever else as individual policies and institutions which can somehow be thwarted thus saving the day and restoring peace and prosperity to everyone, when this concentration is the result of every inch of our society supporting a heirarchical social order (most strongly aligned with capitalism) from the ground up to such a degree that there's really nothing anyone can do to prevent the creation of superpowerful elites that has been going on for centuries now at least

so yeah, this is a problem, but no, there's nothing anyone can do about it, and people REALLY don't like acknowledging that they're helpless and social problems are absolutely out of their or anyone's control so it's better to rage in favor of the gold standard or term limits or whatever makes you sleep better at night. this is the troublesome thing about conspiracy theorists, a lot of them very much want to make things better and they're quite utopian in outlook it's just that they think they need to slay the illuminati or expose the moon landing hoax or other completely worthless policies in order to get to a stage where everyone can lead a happy and fulfilling life

The people who made it are part of the capitalist elite, they're the heirs to a big corporate fortune a la Trump. I'd say it's much more likely to be libertarian propaganda consciously pushing those tropes than people who actually fell for it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The people who made it are part of the capitalist elite, they're the heirs to a big corporate fortune a la Trump. I'd say it's much more likely to be libertarian propaganda consciously pushing those tropes than people who actually fell for it.

yeah, that's the thing. there's no way to substantively critique the system without being within and dependent upon and thus complicit in the system. this fact drives some people nuts so they focus on shapeshifting lizards. sorry about your sister op

e: i clicked the link and there was an immediate lol with "all facts within this thing have been CONFIRMED click --> here <-- for more details" ahh boy there's only two kinds of people, those who realize we're all hosed and nothing matters and complete rubes am i right

e2: wow this is incredible, no matter where i click on the timeline within ten seconds something completely incompetent and hilarious happens. this is schizophrenia: the movie. an old ex girlfriend of mine, her brother was a full blown schizophrenic. i spent a lot of time in his immediate company, listening to his ideas and learning about his thought process. this is exactly the kind of thing that would completely blow his mind. the part about 29 minutes in when they do 3d extrapolations of crop circle patterns, oh man *kisses fingers*

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 26, 2015

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

this is the troublesome thing about conspiracy theorists, a lot of them very much want to make things better and they're quite utopian in outlook it's just that they think they need to slay the illuminati or expose the moon landing hoax or other completely worthless policies in order to get to a stage where everyone can lead a happy and fulfilling life

To chip in, they get to a point where they don't actually care about whatever end they pretended to care about just so long as they get to enjoy "the struggle".

Like how they overlooked Bush era reform schools/camps.

Wealthy, politically connected people paying to have their children abducted in the middle of the night and "fixed" before the next school year. Now take the time to remember every subhuman who ever gave you a " You'll think otherwise when you have children. " speech. Set to spooky music, add demonic laughter. Bam.

Somehow they overlooked the rape+reeducation camps on American soil, but go after fluoride, OWG, and Brutalist architecture. This is because they're hosed up, and there is a moral/social element where, rather than accept responsibility and acknowledge that things can be better, they choose to do a barrel roll through the tree line and blame the investigative journo that snuck in through the front gate because influence peddling at a classical revivalist barbeque wasn't spooky enough for their taste.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ErichZahn posted:

Like how they overlooked Bush era reform schools/camps.

Wealthy, politically connected people paying to have their children abducted in the middle of the night and "fixed" before the next school year. Now take the time to remember every subhuman who ever gave you a " You'll think otherwise when you have children. " speech. Set to spooky music, add demonic laughter. Bam.

These existed before Bush and it's not just the elite sending their kids to places like Elan.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I still have fond memories of him showing up on a neoNazi radio show where the host's all "no, seriously, we're all friends here, you can admit that you're just using psychic lizard aliens as a metaphor for The Jews" and it slowly dawns on him and the audience that, no, David Icke truly does believe the Illuminati conspiracy is run by psychic lizard aliens.

Is there a link? I gotta see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Both sides do it. Similar thing happened when a British documentary maker filmed Icke years ago.

He was going to Canada and the, I think it was the Jewish Defence League, if not them somebody similar mobilised against him. Because they thought it was 'Code for Jews', the film-maker interacted with them, and they couldn't grok "No, he really does mean Alien Lizards". He's not Anti-semetic, he's crazy.

Edit: I still vividly recall his famous appearance on Wogan (British chat show) in the early 90's. This was while his psychosis was still flailing around looking for something to attach itself too. At this point he thought he was the Son of God and predicting the end of the world in 1997.

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 26, 2015

• Locked thread