Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

It's been brutally obvious for like a month now that the "race" in the Phantom is actually a test of character over skill, so what inane conclusion will be made so that Guran wins?

Kipawa offered to look the other way if Guran took a shortcut, therefore: unfit to lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (July 22-23, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (December 4-7, 1952)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

An unexpected Boo-Yaa Tribe reference.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Big Ben Bolt

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

Kipawa offered to look the other way if Guran took a shortcut, therefore: unfit to lead.

Ahh, that's probably it. Even though there are loads of reasons why that's not really a fair argument at all. Who even cares anymore. Who even cared in the first place? Why have all the latest Phantom arcs been excruciatingly long and boring? Please be good again, Phantom.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Too bad these kids are a generation too young to have watched Disney's Pinocchio, or they'd know how much trouble they're in.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 22, 2015

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Oh man I can't wait to see what other fledgling country song lyrics Guy has in store to sloppily turn into comic strips with the minimum of effort

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

The headaches will go away once you stop paying attention to this storyline.

Pibgorn

Are you sure it wasn't a restraining order filed during last year's convention?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Forktoss posted:

Oh man I can't wait to see what other fledgling country song lyrics Guy has in store to sloppily turn into comic strips with the minimum of effort
How about this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv_T66Jjb2c

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Regarding the evil plot in Classic Phantom: I can't imagine random women kidnapped from a city would have any appreciable talent at crewing a ship. The amount of turnover, and consequently wasted time and resources must be astonishingly high.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

"Imlements"? That's the joke? You forgot the "p" (or to pee) oh Great Master?

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

What? So you guys think the elephants walked through the Alps?

9 Chickweed Lane 7/22/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Not owning a pair, Crocs look like the most uncomfortable thing to me. Well, next to wooden shoes, I guess.

Mark Trail

Mark goes after BP!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Next: Mark's ridiculous superboat hits a shark on the surface and pulverizes it instantly. Mark does not notice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Alabaster White posted:

It's been brutally obvious for like a month now that the "race" in the Phantom is actually a test of character over skill, so what inane conclusion will be made so that Guran wins?

Guran comes back with icecream for everyone!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't know, I think Kipawa has this one in the bag, guys. Guran passing that torch.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Not owning a pair, Crocs look like the most uncomfortable thing to me. Well, next to wooden shoes, I guess.

They're the perfect shoe for gardening

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
But not for hiking, perhaps to the comic book shop?

Or to read a secret diary?

Maybe to a hidden cave?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set feels like somebody's watching them. :tinfoil:

Working Daze is reviewing itself.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix asks a very good question.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

:woop: I can't wait for the cannibalism to start!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

I'm going to save everyone some time and say that the binary is exactly what you think it is.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Baby don't hurt me?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

greatn posted:

Baby don't hurt me?
Yup.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm surprised he put in the spaces and apostrophe.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

You know I don't think I was ever expecting to see another 'website under construction' joke. It actually made me sort of nostalgic...

God bless boyce and his fragile grip on reality.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Green Intern posted:

:woop: I can't wait for the cannibalism to start!
How do anyone manage to fail to notice the weather getting worse, capsize the canoe and likely getting lost in the wilderness near the body of water that also has a big tourism center within paddling/walking distance?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A mass grave in a cone country that used to be under the heel of colonialism? I don't believe it!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This week is going to be entirely motivational posters that grandmas love, isn't it?

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

I expected BBB to become some kind of sports columnist, which would make a lot of sense because he's a name that will draw readers and would have a lot of access a lot of others wouldn't, but this guy's acting like he's going to be like a beat reporter, digging into the latest political scandal or murder mystery. But I guess that has more possibilities for a comic strip than a guy writing about sports all the time.
Why did she transform into her "rebel" personality here?

F Minus

Mary Worth

Mary and Toby watch like Roman emperors as Adam and Terry continue their fight to the death in the pool.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Sure just drop that bomb in a throwaway line at the end of a conversation.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

called cobra!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

TOMORROW: CALLED WHAT?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Too bad these kids are a generation too young to have watched Disney's Pinocchio, or they'd know how much trouble they're in.

One of the major goals of Suburbia is to introduce young readers to classic literary works they might not be familiar with. This is an intentional reference, not an attempt at plaigarism. I believe the business with the gang meeting Watterson came from the same place, though I agree that it was over the top, came off poorly, and was somewhat embarrassing to read.

Not sure why she's turning into the biker chick right now. Now, I know that the biker chick is the alter-ego she uses when she does something badass. And I know that the bar for being a badass in Rose is Rose is pretty low ("Golly, maybe I should put some 'hot' salsa on my tortilla chip!"). But she is watching her husband flee a bug from the safety of her air-conditioned and well-sealed living room, not even showing any signs that she intends to rescue him. For this we drag out the biker chick?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Not sure why she's turning into the biker chick right now. Now, I know that the biker chick is the alter-ego she uses when she does something badass. And I know that the bar for being a badass in Rose is Rose is pretty low ("Golly, maybe I should put some 'hot' salsa on my tortilla chip!"). But she is watching her husband flee a bug from the safety of her air-conditioned and well-sealed living room, not even showing any signs that she intends to rescue him. For this we drag out the biker chick?
I think it's because she feels tougher than him.

Speaking of which, I don't know why her stance in the last panel is bugging me so much, but it just looks so ridiculous.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015 reaches its reason to be.

Skippy, in which Aunt Gussie is an incredibly practical woman. (May 23, 1928)

Peanuts (July 24, 1968)

Funky Fanservicebean

Rip Haywire, in which Breezy gets a tumble.

Out Our Way is jealous of the thematic unity of Dog Comix, but just for the space of one panel. (July 29-30, 1927)

Thimble Theater (February 7, 1929)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Funky Fanservicebean

You live in the Funkyverse where happiness is but a fleeting emotion sandwiched by long periods of crushing malaise.

I think I live in the Funkyverse, guys.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Look at that bitch! Sitting there, doing her thankless job without complaint!

(Predictably, plenty of comments about how Luann should attack Tiffany with that stapler for the unforgivable crimes of making conversation and uttering a very mild put-down.)

The Amazing Out-Cold-Man

It's ok, Black Widow. That's Newspaper Spidey's usual superheroing style.

Sally Forth

A well-done CYOA ride at a theme park would actually be pretty fun. It would have to involve some kind of voting system and then maybe branching paths like the Indiana Jones ride? Or it could be that kind of ride where your pretty much watching a movie while the seats jostle you around? It would be better for smaller groups, though, so maybe a setup similar to Star Tours? Somebody else think of the logistics... NOW!

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Mary and Toby watch like Roman emperors as Adam and Terry continue their fight to the death in the pool.

Wait, what!? Taking weeks to "persuade" her (read, wear her down) until she finally concedes is somehow "spontaneous"? Mary, you're reaching a bit there, I think.

• Locked thread