Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

CheesyDog posted:

*calls emergency services, is shot by cop*
Stereotype all police as cold murderers...

You may as well stereotype homosexuals everywhere as AIDS spreading disease bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spacman posted:

You may as well stereotype homosexuals everywhere as AIDS spreading disease bags.

Well I believe all police ARE cold blooded murderers, but you wouldn't like it if I explained why.

Sorry guys, for when people argue against me 3 months from now acting like I am serious :(

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Well I believe all police ARE cold blooded murderers, but you wouldn't like it if I explained why.

Sorry guys, for when people argue against me 3 months from now acting like I am serious :(

So when I believe that all homosexuals are AIDS ridden disease bags I am also right?

And gently caress you for trying to qualify it to make you look less horrible.

I don't believe any of that poo poo, but to make a point he will prostitute himself, disgusting.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 22, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spacman posted:

You may as well stereotype Nazis everywhere as Jew hating poo poo bags.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It is unconstitutional to require that cops wear condoms while shooting people!

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Have the balls to call me a NAZI directly or gently caress off.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

Spacman posted:

Do you honestly not understand my reticence?

I don't understand why you'd agree to answer it at all, if you don't intend to do so.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Terraplane posted:

I don't understand why you'd agree to answer it at all, if you don't intend to do so.

Yeah: 'I don't understand why this guy is concerned about voicing opinions that are not in the echo chamber when he has been called a NAZI two posts ago' .

hahahahaha what a dick!

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Spacman posted:

As the literal ghost of Hitler I don't want to be associated with your type.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33627708

The police are saying that the video wasn't edited and will be re-uploaded.

Is it at all plausible for the uploading process to create these effects?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Spacman posted:

I personally wouldn't call you a Nazi, but you wouldn't like it if I explained why.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Spacman posted:

Yeah: 'I don't understand why this guy is concerned about voicing opinions that are not in the echo chamber when he has been called a NAZI two posts ago' .

hahahahaha what a dick!

You seem like you're having a kind of breakdown. You didn't get called a Nazi. If you think this place is a horrible echo chamber, why are you posting here? Why is it better to vaguely hint at your opinion rather than outright say it?

You also don't seem to realize you're just getting mocked for the bizarre "I'd answer but you wouldn't like it" thing.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Berk Berkly posted:

As the literal ghost of Hitler I don't want to be associated with your type.

Ahhh! Are you the guy trying to make light of calling me a NAZI?

Evidently, you think the holocaust is humerous? Do you think calling someone a NAZI is in any way justified?

How funny do you consider the holocaust to be exactly?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Obdicut posted:

You seem like you're having a kind of breakdown. You didn't get called a Nazi. If you think this place is a horrible echo chamber, why are you posting here? Why is it better to vaguely hint at your opinion rather than outright say it?

You also don't seem to realize you're just getting mocked for the bizarre "I'd answer but you wouldn't like it" thing.

Awesome, we have the 'puppet master defense' guy in here now.

E: loving hell, you guys are likely on some chat client, your attack should be way better orchestrated than this. This is really embarrassing.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 22, 2015

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Spacman posted:

That isn't anything like the 'puppet master' defense, in any way, shape or form. The puppet master defense is claiming you appeared like an idiot in order to provoke a reaction. This doesn't make any sense at all in relation to what I said.

I seriously can't tell if you're just shitposting or actually upset and feeling internet-vulnerable.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33627708

The police are saying that the video wasn't edited and will be re-uploaded.

Is it at all plausible for the uploading process to create these effects?

No.

edit: Codec and encoding issues can cause those types of effects, though.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Spacman posted:

Meh. Try harder. At least other gimmicks are even remotely amusing.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Obdicut posted:

That isn't anything like the 'puppet master' defense, in any way, shape or form. The puppet master defense is claiming you appeared like an idiot in order to provoke a reaction. This doesn't make any sense at all in relation to what I said.

I seriously can't tell if you're just shitposting or actually upset and feeling internet-vulnerable.

So Obdicut, how do you feel about that nasty web NAZI Spacman putting you in your place? It's OK, this is a safe space...

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Spacman posted:

Ahhh! Are you the guy trying to make light of calling me a NAZI?

Evidently, you think the holocaust is humerous? Do you think calling someone a NAZI is in any way justified?

How funny do you consider the holocaust to be exactly?

Calm down, Goebbels. Perhaps you should remove the fascis from your rear end.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

Spacman posted:

hahahahaha what a dick!

That's not where the misunderstanding lies here, and it's pretty sad that even in something as simple as this you have to misdirect and try to misrepresent others. I understand why you don't want to answer that question, if I held your opinions I wouldn't want to answer it here either. I'm asking you why you'd agree to answer it in the first place if you had no intention of doing so.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Bob James posted:

Calm down, Goebbels. Perhaps you should remove the fascis from your rear end.

Wow, so homophobic, tell me: What have homosexuals done to you?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Spacman posted:

Wow, so homophobic, tell me: What have homosexuals done to you?

One of them helped me move once.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Spacman posted:

hahahahaha what a dick!

Just throwing this out there - in the last page or two of your posts I'm not seeing any substantive posting beyond "I said stupid things, why are you dog piling me and demanding I explain myself."

So would you kindly either post something relevant to the loving thread or gtfo.

Relevant - so while I'm still waiting on blarzgh to get his poo poo in gear and answer me, question for the relevant attorneys in this thread - opinions on the video? Edited, technical difficulties? What's the bar for spoilage of evidence?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Bob James posted:

One of them helped me move once.

My cousin is gay, they are great people.

I need to understand why you think stuffing things in my arse is bad in any way if you think homosexuality is fine...

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spacman posted:

I need to understand why you think stuffing things in my arse is bad in any way if you think homosexuality is fine...

Because in this case it'd be masturbatory and since you're acting like a loving wanker it's appropriate. Nothing to do with homosexuality!

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Raerlynn posted:

Just throwing this out there - in the last page or two of your posts I'm not seeing any substantive posting beyond "I said stupid things, why are you dog piling me and demanding I explain myself."

So would you kindly either post something relevant to the loving thread or gtfo.

My friend, I am basically kicking off at all the bullshit being spouted off. Yeah, it's low hanging, but if you want to make yourself out as some true bastion of justice you need to not be a complete idiot.

Soundly failed all round, I defer to you, show me how it is done...

E: The post above is a great example, you guys claim to be enlightened and progressive, but call me a wanker if II disagree rather than trying to educate me.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raerlynn posted:

Relevant - so while I'm still waiting on blarzgh to get his poo poo in gear and answer me, question for the relevant attorneys in this thread - opinions on the video? Edited, technical difficulties? What's the bar for spoilage of evidence?

Why would a lawyer have any idea? It's obviously not a record of what actually occurred, but whether that was due to malfeasance or to technical error would have to be left to the experts.

As a layman, it doesn't seem to be that the portion of video with artefacts is particularly relevant to the justifiability of the arrest: it isn't during the cop's interaction with Bland.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Spacman posted:

"Removing a stick from ones rear end" has nothing to do with sexuality.

Besides, I used the word fascis not human being.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The only reason I can think of for the video to have been doctored would be if he had called her the n-word or something in the time they papered over, but honestly if you're going to sit down and maliciously edit a video, you're going to do a little bit better than making a car disappear into the 40th dimension in the middle of your video.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Spacman posted:

My friend, I am basically kicking off at all the bullshit being spouted off. Yeah, it's low hanging, but if you want to make yourself out as some true bastion of justice you need to not be a complete idiot.

Soundly failed all round, I defer to you, show me how it is done...

So you're trolling, you know you're trolling, and you still have nothing to add beyond poo poo insults and having the appearance of a complete meltdown. Carry on.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Why would a lawyer have any idea? It's obviously not a record of what actually occurred, but whether that was due to malfeasance or to technical error would have to be left to the experts.

As a layman, it doesn't seem to be that the portion of video with artefacts is particularly relevant to the justifiability of the arrest: it isn't during the cop's interaction with Bland.

Sorry, rephrased: in the opinion of the attorneys in this thread, how often do you come across evidence spoilage? Is there a trend toward the defendant or the prosecution when it comes to this? How did you deal with evidence that is alleged to be tampered with?

Raerlynn fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 22, 2015

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The cop was already smart enough in this instance to take her off camera, so messing with the video stream is probably not going to really hide anything. It seems like the audio was fine which is really all there is to go on, anyway. Probably wasn't intentional tampering, in my opinion, but definitely still odd.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
At the risk of starting a derail; Honest question what did she do that was an arrestable offense? She wasn't refusing the ticket or anything, she just refused to put her cigarette out. Is failing to obey every ancillary command by a cop a jailable offense? The guy never even told her why she was being arrested even after she kept yelling it at him, are cops required to tell you why you are under arrest?

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
He told her. It was for resisting arrest.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
So nothing then?

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Mavric posted:

So nothing then?

Legally it was for refusing to get out of the car when told to do so, and then resisting an officer and assaulting him.

Realistically, it went south when she told him she wasn't putting out her cigarette and he decided to flex his authority. This is an excellent example of an officer needlessly escalating a stop for literally no gain.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
He hadn't had a chance to make it up yet, it's unofficially contempt of cop, but they use some other obscure charge (like disturbing the peace) when they actually get to writing it up.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Not that it makes any difference now, but the DA (or maybe even DPS) is saying that the stop didn't comport to department guidelines, so at least there's that.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

Ah ok I see. The first thing she did that was "arrestable" was the refusal to get out of the car, but that order was only given because of the cigarette thing then... Idk just doesn't seem justifiable.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mavric posted:

Ah ok I see. The first thing she did that was "arrestable" was the refusal to get out of the car, but that order was only given because of the cigarette thing then... Idk just doesn't seem justifiable.

You're technically under arrest from being pulled over. Most of the time you're just released on your own recognizance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?
In Texas she could have legally been arrested and taken to jail merely for the initial failure to signal a lane change, department guidelines not withstanding. Yeah it sucks.

• Locked thread