Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I spent three days lazy camping and hiking. We spent the day at a secluded waterfall and swimming area. Only a couple hours later and the place was flooded with bros screaming and throwing their girlfriends into the frigid water.

It's 100F again and I want to die.

My guinea pig is getting comfortable in my lap enough to pee (this is a good sign) but then I have a smelly wet towel in my lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

I clicked on the hot in shape/muscular women thread in gbs and now I'm depressed because I'm doughy and weak, but working out is hard and requires effort, and I just want to play video games.

I went looking for the muscle women thread and the constant stream of transphobic hatefulness pisses me off.

Like, how posting 1:1 off Fox News the Cool Edgy Dude (tm) thing to do these days? You sound like someone's racist idiot (grand)parent.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I went looking for the muscle women thread and the constant stream of transphobic hatefulness pisses me off.

Like, how posting 1:1 off Fox News the Cool Edgy Dude (tm) thing to do these days? You sound like someone's racist idiot (grand)parent.

Nono, it's funny because they're being ironic about being hateful pieces of poo poo.

My FWP is my friend is taking longer than he said he would to get home. I just want to play videogames and voicechat about videogames!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My girlfriend and I are in a temporary living situation, so our AC unit is in storage.

We're up in the mountains, which isn't do bad because it gets cool at night...only if we leave the window open. If we leave the window open, the loving birds wake us up at 4 AM. If we leave it closed, we wake up at 4 AM because the room is hot and sticky. Can't win.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

DrBouvenstein posted:

My girlfriend and I are in a temporary living situation, so our AC unit is in storage.

We're up in the mountains, which isn't do bad because it gets cool at night...only if we leave the window open. If we leave the window open, the loving birds wake us up at 4 AM. If we leave it closed, we wake up at 4 AM because the room is hot and sticky. Can't win.

Ear Plugs.

My future inlaws have sold their house to move down to Florida and because none of their biological sons can be arsed to help I have been guilt tripped into helping them pack up a UHaul with the stuff they are not selling and drive it 1000 miles from NY to South Florida. I could say no but it would make me a hypocrite after I bitched about my fiance's brothers. However before that I will be staying there over the weekend but they guest beds are sold as well as the in window air con units. This means I need to grab a small in window unit and air mattress to sleep on otherwise my choice is floor and heat stroke unless I want to pay $700 for a hotel since they are in bum gently caress Long Island.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
A friend gave me his Moto 360 for free, but all the cool looking watch faces for it cost money.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A group of my friends and I planned a camping trip six weeks ago. We shard a Google Doc of supplies and responsibilities. My GF and I signed off for more than half but the other people's contributions amounted to instant coffee and hot sauce, even thought they said they were bringing much more.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I'd already filled my plate and then my mum came out with a tray of roast quail. I'd have left a space if I'd known there were roast quail. I still had one but I ate other stuff first so I didnt enjoy it as much as I should have done.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Sanford posted:

I'd already filled my plate and then my mum came out with a tray of roast quail. I'd have left a space if I'd known there were roast quail. I still had one but I ate other stuff first so I didnt enjoy it as much as I should have done.

My FWP is I've never had "roast quail".

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
My bike tire has a leak, but I realized it too late and couldn't find it. I had to get a Lyft to reach work in time.

ps I'll find my leak
who took my leak

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just applied for a job I'm qualified for and would really enjoy doing.
The problem is that I would have to go to the east coast for two months for training.
Buuuuuut, my room and board would be paid for and I'd get $100 a day for extras on top of my new, increased, salary.

But eight weeks away! Ughhhhhh

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

I just applied for a job I'm qualified for and would really enjoy doing.
The problem is that I would have to go to the east coast for two months for training.
Buuuuuut, my room and board would be paid for and I'd get $100 a day for extras on top of my new, increased, salary.

But eight weeks away! Ughhhhhh

Where on the east coast?

Relatable FWP: The majority of New England's cost of living is much higher than the midwest. Looking into purchasing a house, a decent looking 2000 sq. ft. house is around $300,000 in New Hampshire, where as in Michigan it would have been closer to $150,000-$200,000

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm renting and there's no AC here because it isn't really a thing here. I can easily afford to buy it, but that's a different FWP.

It gets cool here at night too, but then I have a different problem - by the time I wake up, around half past 8, it's already hot outside and getting increasingly hot inside too. So my options are to open the window, enjoy the sleeping in cool air, and wake up sweaty. Or be sweaty all the time. Or get up at like 5-6 to close the window.

Then there are the blinds. It's better to leave them open for better airflow, but if I do that, I get woken up by sun shining right into my eyes at whatever crazy hour the sun gets out now.

This is bullshit, I don't have to put up with this crap.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm renting and there's no AC here because it isn't really a thing here. I can easily afford to buy it, but that's a different FWP.

It gets cool here at night too, but then I have a different problem - by the time I wake up, around half past 8, it's already hot outside and getting increasingly hot inside too. So my options are to open the window, enjoy the sleeping in cool air, and wake up sweaty. Or be sweaty all the time. Or get up at like 5-6 to close the window.

Then there are the blinds. It's better to leave them open for better airflow, but if I do that, I get woken up by sun shining right into my eyes at whatever crazy hour the sun gets out now.

This is bullshit, I don't have to put up with this crap.

FWP that there isn't a mechanism for opening a window and closing the blinds at a predetermined time?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I read Anthony Bourdain's 'Medium Raw' a few weeks back and I've been wanting to try Ortolan ever since.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

drgnwr1 posted:

Where on the east coast?

Langley, Virginia or Boston, MA

FWP: The coffee I bought isn't very good but it was cheap.

My boring and cushy job requires that I have a Twitter account but blocked it on our network. I made an account on my phone but I have no clue how to work this poo poo.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

My friend gave me a keyboard for free and I keep making typos because I'm not used to it yet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A woman crashed her car into my Lamborghini because she was distracted by my beauty.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I haven't played Twilight Imperium in like a year and it's my favorite board game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was signing the backs of yet another stack of checks and my $2,000 pen ran out of ink. I was so mad that I made my whole house staff scrub the floors with their own clothes until one finally confessed to not refilling my "money scepter".

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I was signing the backs of yet another stack of checks and my $2,000 pen ran out of ink. I was so mad that I made my whole house staff scrub the floors with their own clothes until one finally confessed to not refilling my "money scepter".

I like to imagine you're actually poor, but have these wild fantasies of what you think rich people do.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I'm a grower not a shower but I show

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kannonfodder posted:

I like to imagine you're actually poor, but have these wild fantasies of what you think rich people do.

I don't know if you're paid to be one of my friends or you're a disgusting peasant with delusions of grandeur but either way, no eye contact.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I ate way too many tacos. I regret nothing. It's hard to breathe.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I got all worked up to go to Popeye's and get chicken and red beans and rice but they closed already and now I gotta wait till tomorrow and see if I'm in the mood for it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I got all worked up to go to Popeye's and get chicken and red beans and rice but they closed already and now I gotta wait till tomorrow and see if I'm in the mood for it.

Send your driver to another time zone or fly in your chef to make it for you. That should give you enough time for an espresso enema and an apple juice bath.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Don't get me started about chick-fil-a on Sundays...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

My new full time job is like 30 minutes away where as my old part time was 10.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I'm kind of hungry but it's, like, an hour too early to start cooking dinner and my dog is asleep on my chest so if I get up I'll disturb him and then he'll want to play so I won't be able to cook anyway. Uuuggghhh, why is my life so hard.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I've started going to Tumblr again after a long hiatus (don't worry goons who have a white-hot rage for that website, it's just for art blogs and the like), and while it's always been a memory leak with a UI, it seems to have gotten worse in my time away. I can only read for a short time before my browser grinds to a halt, so catching up on content has been hard.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Taco Bell didn't let me order 4 12 packs of tacos, stating for an order of that size I needed to call ahead. Luckily I had 3 friends with me so we each ordered 1 12 pack.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

people don't laugh when i say whazzzzup like in the classic budweiser commercials anymore? methinky it's time for new pals imo

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare
After summer ends, I won't be able to get farm fresh produce from the farmer's market, and I will have to get my produce from a GROCERY STORE. :barf:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There are too many movies I want to see.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I'm about to go to the cheese bar to eat a cheese plate for lunch for the third time this week but I think I've tried all the cheeses they have in right now so I won't get to eat anything new today :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

There are too many movies I want to see.

I'm having the opposite issue: I tend to see movies when they come out (At the very least, the Tuesday after they come out since a theater I go to has $4 Tuesdays), so I've seen most of what I want to see.

This is compounded by the fact that I have a stack of two-free-tickets and buy-one-get-one-free coupons, but they don't work for opening weeks.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Printing 100+ pages of 24x36 plans on an older plotter so I go do some other stuff while I wait. 20 minutes later I go check on the printing to see if it is done yet to find out that it ran out of paper after 15 pages.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Been on vacation all week. Stayed at home because I can't afford to go anywhere and my mom needs help daily. That said, it would have been nice to get a goddamn birthday card from anyone and maybe, just MAYBE on my drat birthday she could have helped with the morning kitten chores instead of bitching about how slow her computer is with Farmville. Mom, I bought you a loving Chromebook just to play Farmville on! Also, making me go with her to the foster kitten vet clinic because "you neeeeever go." Of course loving not, I usually work early mornings and this is you ONE loving JOB WITH THE KITTENS. THIS IS LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. So I went and we got bad news about a kitten who should have only needed some eye drops.

Kids didn't want to go see Minions or Inside Out, though I have a gift card, so instead we watched the Lego Movie at home. The 11 year old said it's because "those movies are for kids." Said with a straight face while she asked next if I had any My Little Pony dolls for her to play with.

Wednesday was thrown off entirely because my mom broke a loving shoe at work, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to deliver her a new pair, which meant I couldn't do the things I wanted to the other side of town because I'd be late.

My friend took me out to lunch for my birthday and spent most of the time bitching that I am a cynic when I told him the plot holes in his movie script. No dude, the answer "BUT IT LOOKS COOL" isn't a real answer to a giant loving plot hole.

I am making ice dye shirts and am using up the ice faster than my freezer can make more.

And the kitten. Have to take a foster kitten to be put down today. FIP. No cure and seizures will painfully kill him slowly otherwise. So my last day of vacation is to put a kitten to sleep.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Been on vacation all week. Stayed at home because I can't afford to go anywhere and my mom needs help daily. That said, it would have been nice to get a goddamn birthday card from anyone and maybe, just MAYBE on my drat birthday she could have helped with the morning kitten chores instead of bitching about how slow her computer is with Farmville. Mom, I bought you a loving Chromebook just to play Farmville on! Also, making me go with her to the foster kitten vet clinic because "you neeeeever go." Of course loving not, I usually work early mornings and this is you ONE loving JOB WITH THE KITTENS. THIS IS LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. So I went and we got bad news about a kitten who should have only needed some eye drops.

Kids didn't want to go see Minions or Inside Out, though I have a gift card, so instead we watched the Lego Movie at home. The 11 year old said it's because "those movies are for kids." Said with a straight face while she asked next if I had any My Little Pony dolls for her to play with.

Wednesday was thrown off entirely because my mom broke a loving shoe at work, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to deliver her a new pair, which meant I couldn't do the things I wanted to the other side of town because I'd be late.

My friend took me out to lunch for my birthday and spent most of the time bitching that I am a cynic when I told him the plot holes in his movie script. No dude, the answer "BUT IT LOOKS COOL" isn't a real answer to a giant loving plot hole.

I am making ice dye shirts and am using up the ice faster than my freezer can make more.

And the kitten. Have to take a foster kitten to be put down today. FIP. No cure and seizures will painfully kill him slowly otherwise. So my last day of vacation is to put a kitten to sleep.

What is the timetable on all of these problems? Last few days? Week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

drgnwr1 posted:

What is the timetable on all of these problems? Last few days? Week?

Four days. Taking kitten in in about 2 hours. The suck part is I know I'm going to cry in the drat vet office but I was fine up until I called to check for morning openings.