Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I hate hate hate wearing effects lenses. I don't blame long-running show actors for not wanting to have that poo poo in all the time. I started using a sensitive eye solution for mine and it helps a lot but you can see the color of the lens just enough that it drives me CRAZY. Combined with fake eyelashes and aaaargh so annoying.

e. New page, here's AmenoKitarou as Odin from FF13

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 15:23 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
If only there were some ways to use computers to digitally alter the appearance of things in shows so that Dany's eyes could be book accurate.

Oh wait, that would require the show runners to give a poo poo about maintaining any sort of accuracy, nevermind:v:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

It's really not that big of a deal.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Hakkesshu posted:

Clearly they've gotta figure out a workable solution before making Neuromancer because that movie should not exist without mirror lenses

The mirror lenses in Neuromancer are not contact lenses, they are more like sunglasses grafted into the skull, covering the eyesocket.

:goonsay:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's because it's not important and costs like thousands a frame.

But mostly that it's not important and nobody cares.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
E: N/M this is a dumb derail

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I've never had any issues with effects lenses. I kinda enjoy wearing them. I dunno. I've used neon greens, whites, blacks, but never scleras. I guess scleras kind of suck.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Flakey posted:

The mirror lenses in Neuromancer are not contact lenses, they are more like sunglasses grafted into the skull, covering the eyesocket.

:goonsay:

This is true. Mirrored contacts will probably be easier than what they would have to do to be accurate to the book. Molly's lenses probably look a lot like Batou's from Ghost in the Shell, which are apparently really hard to get right in cosplay. These are the best ones I've seen, and they leave something to be desired:

The Neuromancer movie would probably just end up giving her some Adam Jensens.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

nice bottle caps Batou

wouldn't something like this excellent professer cosplay work?

except y'know, smaller glasses

Lord Lambeth has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Jul 22, 2015

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lord Lambeth posted:

nice bottle caps Batou

wouldn't something like this excellent professer cosplay work?

except y'know, smaller
Funny glasses, and really impressive makeup. :golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
In the original LOTR movies Legolas's eyes go back and forth between blue and brown. I think I remember one of the commentary tracks on the DVD saying Orlando Bloom hated his contacts too.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CannonFodder posted:

Funny glasses, and really impressive makeup. :golfclap:

Looks pretty good in motion too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStUjbIxcy8

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Hakkesshu posted:

Clearly they've gotta figure out a workable solution before making Neuromancer because that movie should not exist without mirror lenses

That will be easier actually, since those weren't contacts. They were large lenses that covered the entire eye, lids and all.

edit: goddamit. That'll teach me to post before looking to see if there's another page.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Fork not also lightsabler 0/10 would not sex

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

hhhat posted:

Fork not also lightsabler 0/10 would not sex

I beg your pardon, but that's obviously a dinglehopper. :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Only part I can't trace to a movie is the tux?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Sappo569 posted:

Salt?

Syncope
May 7, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

Finding Neverland?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

The Tourist? Public Enemies?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Most any James Bond movie!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

The Locator posted:

Most any James Bond movie!

Ah yes, how could you forget Johnny Depp's character in all the James Bond movies?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

I beg your pardon, but that's obviously a dinglehopper. :colbert:

Fine

Fork not also a dinglehooper still would not sex 0/10

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

New Leaf posted:

Ah yes, how could you forget Johnny Depp's character in all the James Bond movies?

He said 'a' movie, not a Johnny Depp movie. :colbert:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Locator posted:

He said 'a' movie, not a Johnny Depp movie. :colbert:

It was clearly implied, since the costume is a compilation of Johnny Depp roles. This isn't difficult.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I know that exact picture was posted before in this thread(or maybe the last Cosplay Photos thread) and someone broke down all the parts of the costume. However, I don't see anything for Mad Hatter in Alice In Wonderland. Is it the shoes maybe? Kind of sad he didn't do the hat if that was the case but I can see how hard it would have been already.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The bowtie and shirt is from Ed Wood, apparently.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The bowtie and shirt is from Ed Wood, apparently.
Should have been an angora sweater then.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Vietnamwees posted:

I know that exact picture was posted before in this thread(or maybe the last Cosplay Photos thread) and someone broke down all the parts of the costume. However, I don't see anything for Mad Hatter in Alice In Wonderland. Is it the shoes maybe? Kind of sad he didn't do the hat if that was the case but I can see how hard it would have been already.

No, the last time it was a picture of someone else who did it better

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Skyscraper posted:

This is true. Mirrored contacts will probably be easier than what they would have to do to be accurate to the book. Molly's lenses probably look a lot like Batou's from Ghost in the Shell, which are apparently really hard to get right in cosplay. These are the best ones I've seen, and they leave something to be desired:

The Neuromancer movie would probably just end up giving her some Adam Jensens.
I imagine it would look something like...

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Took me a second

Like and share if you get it

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

hhhat posted:

Took me a second

Like and share if you get it

help

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dumble-Dora

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Good lord, I though there was a Dorito in that woman's eye socket for a second there.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I made the loudest groan just then.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

That isn't it at all

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

If only there were some ways to use computers to digitally alter the appearance of things in shows so that Dany's eyes could be book accurate.

Oh wait, that would require the show runners to give a poo poo about maintaining any sort of accuracy, nevermind:v:

The cost for that wouldn't be worth it. And it's not like ASoIaF is some great literary epic that demands slavish adherence to detail to be adapted. The books'll never get finished, the show's waning because the source material after book three took a loving nosedive and the only way people will see the conclusion to the story is through the TV show.

MissMarple posted:

I imagine it would look something like...

She never asked for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

hhhat posted:

That isn't it at all

That's exactly what it is. What are you thinking it is?

• Locked thread