Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
edit: new page quote

Wicker Man posted:

Intermission!

Okay Trisssh is definitely dead this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The poor dead mice are pretty cute at least :3:

Whoops I meant rats.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I am upset that Trisssh is being mistreated like this! <:mad:>

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Truth.

you eat that poo poo rare, salt and pepper at most

snake sauce is pleb as fuk

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Lol at that poo poo eating grin in the last panel.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Lol at that poo poo eating grin in the last panel.

I thought he was TrollFacin

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Flesh eating buddies :3:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Probably something you shouldn't eat raw.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Wicker Man posted:

Flesh eating buddies :3:

That pose in the fourth panel is amazing.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Zee Tee just had to evert.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
That giant Aurora Eye in the background

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hellsau posted:

:aaa:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The school on top of another school.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Hellsau posted:

:staredog: loving christ

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Guys i think the principal can still come back from this guys

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Next there will be a timeskip and the school will be a massive city made of schools stretching on for miles.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Aurora's got such tiny hands for her current size.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Aurora's got such tiny hands for her current size.

Do you mean the ones around the school? Those are just the remains of the hellbeast.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Light Gun Man posted:

Next there will be a timeskip and the school will be a massive city made of schools stretching on for miles.

Sideways Stories from Wayside School alt-take

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Best book series ever

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Got a hiatus :(

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?p=2203

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

See thread title.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

After the post mentioned 311 taking two weeks to make, I felt like rereading 311 because it's an absolutely fantastic page. Pasqualo is far more terrifying in that calm one on one exchange than he is when he's deliberately trying to freak the school out. Also didn't notice the first time reading it that Pasqualo slowly turned his chair around with a smug look on his face while Bartleby was eviscerated, like a good supervillain.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
My take on it is that he wasn't comfortable watching. But then again maybe he was starting to actually try and be evil.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

SirSamVimes posted:

After the post mentioned 311 taking two weeks to make, I felt like rereading 311 because it's an absolutely fantastic page. Pasqualo is far more terrifying in that calm one on one exchange than he is when he's deliberately trying to freak the school out. Also didn't notice the first time reading it that Pasqualo slowly turned his chair around with a smug look on his face while Bartleby was eviscerated, like a good supervillain.

Bartleby was the blonde bully. The Principal was the one who was eviscerated. I read this and was briefly confused as Hell, thinking "Wow, how did I miss Bartleby being eviscerated?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's he term for having your body removed from your head?

Decorpitation?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Data Graham posted:

Decorpitation?

"Being not alive anymore"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fhate posted:

Bartleby was the blonde bully. The Principal was the one who was eviscerated. I read this and was briefly confused as Hell, thinking "Wow, how did I miss Bartleby being eviscerated?"

Oops. For some reason I thought his name was President Bartleby and forgot Bartleby was the bully.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Oopsie doodles!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Decorpitation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJsRAcAhnNw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I hope we see more of Bartleby, and that he can learn to love again. :unsmith:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I still haven't gotten a chance to play this.

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah I'm wondering where he wandered off to after the "talk" with the principal.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bifauxnen posted:

+1 to Pazzy-Q's harem

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Actually, hey, there's a question for Gob! What's up with that kid's name, anyways? A quick google on the etymology of it brings up "pasquale" as the closest match, otherwise it's pure fiction.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
His last name is trianglini, I think that's as fancy of an explanation as ya get.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mordja posted:

Actually, hey, there's a question for Gob! What's up with that kid's name, anyways? A quick google on the etymology of it brings up "pasquale" as the closest match, otherwise it's pure fiction.

His mom wanted to name him Pascal but his dad vomited in the middle of naming it so he ended up as Pasqualo. So the name was probably chosen around making that joke.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Mordja posted:

Ugh, gently caress, I'm gonna be that guy.

So, I'm gonna go with the assumption that Pasqualo's family is either Italian or has a hard on for Italian nomenclature. Why, you ask? -ini is a somewhat common suffix giving to last names in Italy, specifically families from the Piedmont region. I'll get to that a little later, though.

Pasquale is a perfectly acceptable Italian name. But for the sake of us dirty Americans, a lot of times in fiction characters of Italian decent are given names that end with "o" as that is one of, if not the most, common ending for a male name. Seriously, try to think of an Italian dude's name at random and see how many you can think of that don't end in "o" and that aren't Luigi. Running with this, Pasquale can easily become Pasqualo. But since I'm gonna be that guy, for those too lazy to use wikipedia, Pasquale comes from the noun Pasque and is used to mean "Born on Easter." A pretty fitting name for this dude who causes an apocalypse.

His last name, though, is a bit simpler but also has a loose biblical connection. Triangolo is Italian for triangle and, as is usually done with people moving about, going from Triangolo to Trangolini to Trianglini would be a rather simple road for a name to take over countless decades and having to deal with naturalization during immigration proceedings. Like most surnames, it would denote something about that family; in this case the most appropriate translation would be "of the little triangle."

Basically it's all a lot of :words: to say that his name has about as much meaning as the christian symbolism in Evangelion does.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You can't sperg out about that name's meaning without pointing out Pascal's triangle.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Robviously posted:

Ugh, gently caress, I'm gonna be that guy.

So, I'm gonna go with the assumption that Pasqualo's family is either Italian or has a hard on for Italian nomenclature. Why, you ask? -ini is a somewhat common suffix giving to last names in Italy, specifically families from the Piedmont region. I'll get to that a little later, though.

Pasquale is a perfectly acceptable Italian name. But for the sake of us dirty Americans, a lot of times in fiction characters of Italian decent are given names that end with "o" as that is one of, if not the most, common ending for a male name. Seriously, try to think of an Italian dude's name at random and see how many you can think of that don't end in "o" and that aren't Luigi. Running with this, Pasquale can easily become Pasqualo. But since I'm gonna be that guy, for those too lazy to use wikipedia, Pasquale comes from the noun Pasque and is used to mean "Born on Easter." A pretty fitting name for this dude who causes an apocalypse.

His last name, though, is a bit simpler but also has a loose biblical connection. Triangolo is Italian for triangle and, as is usually done with people moving about, going from Triangolo to Trangolini to Trianglini would be a rather simple road for a name to take over countless decades and having to deal with naturalization during immigration proceedings. Like most surnames, it would denote something about that family; in this case the most appropriate translation would be "of the little triangle."

Basically it's all a lot of :words: to say that his name has about as much meaning as the christian symbolism in Evangelion does.

You Robviously missed the entire joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It should be noted that Gob himself is partially Italian.

• Locked thread