Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

EZipperelli posted:

Not entirely sure if this counts as an article or story, so much as it's a "personal page". I'm sure most of you know about this site, so why not check it out for nostalgia's sake; and for those who don't, enjoy...
Shaye Saint John

The Shaye Saint John project was amazing and one of the most unnerving things I've ever seen. The website used to be like a rabbit hole where you would randomly jump around from link to link, and most of them wouldn't lead where they suggested they would. I got really into the art and movies about a decade ago, and I still feel shivers when I think about some of them. There's potentially an interesting connection with another thread favourite, in that some people argue that Eric Fournier may have been the man responsible for The Max Headroom Incident. Friends and contemporaries claim it's very much the sort of thing he would do, and the weird creepyness through surrealism of it was basically what all his work was about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
And the posts are coming from inside your house!

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I believe the body in the trunk thing was Dahmer after all: http://serialkillerlab.blog.com/2013/04/08/jeffrey-dahmer-biography/

quote:

Finally, he dismembers his victim, bags the body parts in garbage bags, and drops the bags in the car trunk to dispose of them at the municipal landfill. But while he was driving, he got pulled over by a police car. After fining Jeffrey for driving too much on the left, the police let him drive away. Jeffrey decides then to drive back home and change strategy.

I'm only quoting that small bit because holy Christ is the surrounding paragraph gross.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

I thought this was the Zodiac killer but I can't seem to find anything on it

What you're probably remembering is that after Zodiac killed a cab driver, he walked away from the scene and was seen by two cops who later realized it was the killer. The reason they didn't stop and ask him questions is because the APB went out as an African American suspect. The guy the two cops saw apparently looked exactly like the sketch made by one of the victims and I believe Zodiac even referenced the cops in a letter later on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pookel posted:

I believe the body in the trunk thing was Dahmer after all: http://serialkillerlab.blog.com/2013/04/08/jeffrey-dahmer-biography/

I'm only quoting that small bit because holy Christ is the surrounding paragraph gross.

Dahmer didn't kill girls though right? So he was probably just being nice!

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Chichevache posted:

Link the serial killer's wiki entry, please. If you're comfortable doing that.

I don't recall his name. I'm sure she would remember. It wasn't a huge news story. Just super creepy. I only say serial killer as he had no motive other than trying to abduct and kill a teenager with a corpse already in the trunk. We all avoid talking about it as it was very traumatic for her.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mostlygray posted:

I don't recall his name. I'm sure she would remember. It wasn't a huge news story. Just super creepy. I only say serial killer as he had no motive other than trying to abduct and kill a teenager with a corpse already in the trunk. We all avoid talking about it as it was very traumatic for her.

:frogout:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dahmer didn't kill girls though right? So he was probably just being nice!
That was just my memory screwing up, I think. That, or a similar thing happened twice.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I think the Co-ed Killer had a body in the trunk when he went to some court-mandated psychiatry appointments. The notes from those sessions said he seemed more normal and happy than he'd ever been before.

E: Some googling indicates it was the head of Aiko Koo. They never found much else of her body.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kemper was one messed up dude for sure. He literally hosed decapitated heads....including his mother's.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
There are some lines you just don't cross when it comes to having sex with a decapitated head.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Kemper was one messed up dude for sure. He literally hosed decapitated heads....including his mother's.

A famous profiler, Robert Ressler interviewed Kemper a few times. They were alone in a room together and Ressler pressed the button to summon the guard to end the interview but nobody came. When Ressler became visibly anxious Kemper said something like "You know I could break your neck and put your head on this table before anybody had a chance to get in here". Apparently that was Kemper's idea of a hilarious joke, the guard came a minute later and Kemper told Ressler he was just messing with him.

Ressler put that experience in one of his books and its been referenced a bunch of times in different t.v. shows(Criminal Minds)

Basebf555 has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Jul 22, 2015

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

A murdered child was recently found, stuffed in a suitcase on the side of the highway in my state. The police report that the child had experienced "...a violent and terrible death" at some other place prior to being dumped at the scene. The body was in such poor condition that they have not been able to ascertain an age or even a gender of the child. Locals say that the suitcase had been seen by the roadside for 6-8 weeks. People saw a man carrying a suitcase, walking in the area early one morning around the time of the appearance of the suitcase, but no one recognised him and no one spoke to him. The area where this happened is pretty much in the middle of nowhere in particular and whoever dumped the suitcase is long gone.

According to police (the second video in the first link) more than one passerby had stopped to look at the case. People had moved it from where it was hidden behind a bush, and even opened the suitcase and in at least one instance poked around in the contents apparently without recognising that they were looking at the remains of a dead child.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

A famous profiler, Robert Ressler interviewed Kemper a few times. They were alone in a room together and Ressler pressed the button to summon the guard to end the interview but nobody came. When Ressler became visibly anxious Kemper said something like "You know I could break your neck and put your head on this table before anybody had a chance to get in here". Apparently that was Kemper's idea of a hilarious joke, the guard came a minute later and Kemper told Ressler he was just messing with him.

Ressler put that experience in one of his books and its been referenced a bunch of times in different t.v. shows(Criminal Minds)

gently caress me, 6'9" what a monster

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

gently caress me, 6'9" what a monster

And if memory serves he's a genius as well. And they only caught him because he turned himself in. It's just a really messed up and interesting case.

edit:
Eh, might as well just post the wiki page since thats what the threads about :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

And if memory serves he's a genius as well. And they only caught him because he turned himself in. It's just a really messed up and interesting case.

edit:
Eh, might as well just post the wiki page since thats what the threads about :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper

.... aaand of course the article ends with the obligatory list of death-metal tribute songs ...

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea like a lot of teenagers I went through a phase where I read a lot about serial killers, when I came across Kemper he was the one who finally made me say "You know what, maybe I shouldn't be reading this poo poo".

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

The bit about his mom is really loving sick. It would honestly be a better world if his big sister had successfully drowned him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Freudian posted:

The bit about his mom is really loving sick. It would honestly be a better world if his big sister had successfully drowned him.

GEE. I wonder if maybe her trying contributed to his later depravity?:allears:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

GEE. I wonder if maybe her trying contributed to his later depravity?:allears:

Yea he definitely had some pretty hosed up connections in his brain between women and horrific violence. His most famous quote is basically describing what goes through his head when he sees an attractive woman.

"When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things: one part of me wants to take her home, be real nice and treat her right; the other part wonders what her head would look like on a stick."

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not sure I should have laughed out loud at that last sentence.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You can laugh or cry; I think laughing is healthier than crying and dehumanizing other people, turning them into monsters instead of figuring out why they became monstrous.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Yea like a lot of teenagers I went through a phase where I read a lot about serial killers, when I came across Kemper he was the one who finally made me say "You know what, maybe I shouldn't be reading this poo poo".

I read a book about Sean Vincent Gillis once. He tried to gently caress one of his victims' heads stump-first but pricked his dick on a piece of cartilage and ruined the mood.

He also had a huge collection of photos of dismembered women which he'd show off to his girlfriend, who after his arrest was like "aw shucks, I thought it was just a weird little quirk he had" like it was eating peanut butter out of the jar or something.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Almost everything I've read about Kemper from people who interviewed him is always quick to point out that he was disarmingly funny.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

What I found funny/horrifying was that he used his mother's head as a dartboard.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hmmm lol

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Almost everything I've read about Kemper from people who interviewed him is always quick to point out that he was disarmingly funny.

quote:

He buried her severed head in his mother's garden facing upward toward his mother's bedroom as a joke, later remarking that his mother "always wanted people to look up to her".

Checks out

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

pookel posted:

I remember this too, and my memory is suggesting that the killer had the body chopped up in sealed garbage bags in the trunk. I don't think it was Dahmer (I have a vague memory that it was someone with adult female victims). Might have been Bundy, but I thought it was someone else. I went through a phase of reading about serial killers, but it's been a long time.

The story that always stuck in my head about Bundy was about one potential victim who got away. She was a waitress, I think, and he had her in his car and wouldn't let her go. She told him "please, my 5-year-old daughter is sleeping alone at home and I don't know what she'll do if she wakes up and I'm not there," and she said something changed in his face and he stopped the car and let her out. Like he had a small moment of humanity that broke through. For some reason that makes him creepier to me than if he were straight-up evil 100% of the time. Like, somewhere inside him there was a human being, and then he did all those horrible things anyway.

There is actually a book out there written by Ted Bundy's girlfriend at the time he was killing women in Washington -- The Phantom Prince, by Elizabeth Kendall. I read it a long time ago and don't remember too much detail, but Kendall lived with Bundy along with her young daughter from a previous relationship, and she reports that he was an attentive boyfriend to her and good father-figure to her daughter. It was only in hindsight that his quirks and their relationship problems took on ominous significance. (IIRC, she only began to suspect something was seriously awry with him when it was around the time that a police sketch of the local serial killer came out that strongly resembled Bundy, AND he brought home a couple of grocery bags full of women's underwear and had some half-assed explanation for them.)

The one thing that sticks in my mind is that Kendall was a jogger, and she said Bundy would tell her to be careful when jogging at night because "you never know who's out there."

The book's worth a read if you can find it. It's long out of print and I see it's selling for over $100 on Amazon, but you could probably get it through your library's Interlibrary Loan service.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

quote:

The garbage disposal could not break down the tough vocal cord tissue and ejected the tissue back into the sink. "That seemed appropriate, as much as she'd bitched and screamed and yelled at me over so many years" he later said after his arrest.

Graedyn
Feb 21, 2009

Wedge Regret

Infyrno posted:

I'm interested as well. Because she wasn't a victim there probably isn't anything about this in any wiki/articles, which is what makes it such an interesting little encounter.

Was it Bundy, Dahmer, or someone else who was either pulled over or went through a checkpoint (iirc a checkpoint that was set up to catch the serial killer the police were looking for) with a dead body in their trunk. They played it cool enough the officer had them move along/drive off with warning about a broken light. I may be getting facts confused/added but I also want to say the officer noted a similarity between the person he was looking at in the car and a sketch of the killer, but the guy just gave off no red flags of any kind, more like the opposite if there is such a thing. So much so that the officer was sure it was just a coincidence. Whomever it was gets caught the next day/week. I'm thinking it is Bundy but does this ring any bells for anyone? I want to point out again that I could be completely confusing/combining 2 people or 1 person and a movie, etc. It is bothering me that I can't remember this though.

Maybe you're thinking of Richard Allen Davis, the guy who kidnapped and murdered Polly Klass? I seem to remember something like that happening, that instead of being arrested he was let go. He hadn't yet been linked to the kidnapping so because he came back with no warrants, he was let go. Or something. I could be thinking of someone else, as well.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Bundy also volunteered at a rape crisis hotline and a suicide hotline, which was where he met Ann Rule. Who knows what he was really thinking when he answered the phones, but he came off as helpful to callers and a good listener.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

pookel posted:

Bundy also volunteered at a rape crisis hotline and a suicide hotline, which was where he met Ann Rule. Who knows what he was really thinking when he answered the phones, but he came off as helpful to callers and a good listener.

Huh. I didn't know that. A little bit of tangent, related to serial killers, Netflix has a really good series called "The Fall". I'd recommend you look it up without checking this spoiler, because it is really good, but the spoiler itself isn't too big if you are curious. babout an Irish police force (and a London Metropolitan Police Detective) trying to stop a serial killer who exclusively targets young professional women (as in lawyers and corporate workers, not prostitutes), and one thing I thought was a nice touch was that the killer escaped suspicion for a while because he's a counsellor who deals with grieving couples, and spent years volunteering at a hotline.

I guess now that that probably drew at least some of its inspiration from Bundy, but when I first watched it I just thought it was a cool thing they'd come up with on their own.

AdjectiveNoun has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Jul 23, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Huh. I didn't know that. A little bit of tangent, but Netflix has a series called "The Fall" about an Irish police force (and a London Metropolitan Police Detective) trying to stop a serial killer who exclusively targets young professional women (as in lawyers and corporate workers, not prostitutes), and one thing I thought was a nice touch was that the killer escaped suspicion for a while because he's a counsellor who deals with grieving couples, and spent years volunteering at a hotline.

I guess now that that probably drew at least some of its inspiration from Bundy, but when I first watched it I just thought it was a cool thing they'd come up with on their own.

You should probably spoiler that and instead just recommend people watch the show, because it is a fantastic examination of serial killers and the hunt to catch them. It is all on Netflix and it is very good.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Chichevache posted:

You should probably spoiler that and instead just recommend people watch the show, because it is a fantastic examination of serial killers and the hunt to catch them. It is all on Netflix and it is very good.

I'm sure it is. My wife will enjoy the twist. Hell, I may have, too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Literally Kermit posted:

Not too much ruined, you know who the killer is practically from the beginning. The issue is they dole out information very slowly. So you learn about him as the show goes on.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Basebf555 posted:

This was me, but with Albert Fish. He was a molester, murderer, cannibal and mutilator who was fascinated with sexual mutilation and even pushed needles into his groin and (IIRC) penis, and wasn't able to do his testicles due to the pain it caused him. The case that was selected for the book I read was when he lured a young girl off of her family's farm with her parents permission under the pretense of taking her to a niece's birthday party, molested her, and eventually killed and ate her. He then sent a pretty drat disturbing letter to her mother, which lead to his capture.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Chichevache posted:

Good call, spoilered it. It's not a huge spoiler but all the same, I should get into that habit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kumaton posted:

This was me, but with Albert Fish. He was a molester, murderer, cannibal and mutilator who was fascinated with sexual mutilation and even pushed needles into his groin and (IIRC) penis, and wasn't able to do his testicles due to the pain it caused him. The case that was selected for the book I read was when he lured a young girl off of her family's farm with her parents permission under the pretense of taking her to a niece's birthday party, molested her, and eventually killed and ate her. He then sent a pretty drat disturbing letter to her mother, which lead to his capture.

Oh my.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

For a better-written, more realistic take on serial killers, watch Red Dragon. (The Fall is that bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So people have been making noise lately that Sandra Bland, that lady in Texas who died in custody, may actually have been dead in her mugshot:

http://www.hiphophangover.com/sandra-bland-was-already-dead-during-this-mugshot/

Personally, yeah I think it looks weird but it's a mug shot, they all look weird.