Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Motsew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg

This was uploaded as a sort of tribute to Dr. John Hinds. It's basically a video presentation that he would give and I found it fascinating, some of you might as well. Little NWS as you see a de-gloved foot in the video at some point.

This gutted me when I heard the news. This guy was one of the best, and taken from us too soon. :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

850cc V8. Bike came with it's own fedora... Too bad it never made it. 100 hp with a V8 was bullshit.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I can't wait to use this as a reaction jpg.

quote:

Update 07/16/15: I've been informed that on the day of the incident a police officer smelt alcohol on the mans breathe, when asked if he had been drinking he admitted to having 4-5 shots of whiskey prior. His full list of pending charged are as follows:
Disorderly Conduct x2
Endangerment x2
Threatening x2
Assault x2
DUI x1
The investigation is complete and has been forwarded to the state prosecution, I've been told it will take 30-90 days before he goes to court and/or is sentenced.

:munch:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Arizona doesn't gently caress around with DUIs. Mandatory jail time, first offense, even someone blows under .08. Basically, he's hosed.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Safety first everyone, check those mirrors:

http://i.imgur.com/Pd8N5TD.gifv

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Spiffness posted:

Safety first everyone, check those mirrors:

http://i.imgur.com/Pd8N5TD.gifv

CLUTCH IN. CLUTCH INNNN! whew.
OMFG FOOTBRAKE YOU IDIOT!
:doh:

Edit:
Clearly his first mistake was not getting a superduke.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

CLUTCH IN. CLUTCH INNNN! whew.
OMFG FOOTBRAKE YOU IDIOT!
:doh:

Edit:
Clearly his first mistake was not getting a superduke.

Shoulda bought a grom. That way he could sail right under the gate.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

builds character posted:

Shoulda bought a grom. That way he could sail right under the gate.

Shoulda bought a car so he could go right through it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Shoulda gone to the gym so he could just punch it out of his way.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Should've been moot so he would've been sliding anyway.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Yamaha built you a new bike so you can go riding with your Japanese dad. I think.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2015/july/yamaha-reveal-retro-inspired-xsr700-/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zev0x9LIM3A

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

I don't completely hate that. Would be cooler if it weren't another parallel twin but whatever.
Fast bikes are overrated. This will get you to death speed plenty quick enough and might even be capable of going up and down a mountain.
No it's probably not magnificent or impressive in any single way, but motorcycles in general are fun. And this one seems like a thing you could have as an only bike, particularly if you lived in a city.
74 hp and 50mpg is perfect for having a little fun or commuting.

Looks like Yamaha is trying to give the Ducati Scrambler a run for it's money. Looks like they might do a good job.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I don't completely hate that. Would be cooler if it weren't another parallel twin but whatever.
Fast bikes are overrated. This will get you to death speed plenty quick enough and might even be capable of going up and down a mountain.
No it's probably not magnificent or impressive in any single way, but motorcycles in general are fun. And this one seems like a thing you could have as an only bike, particularly if you lived in a city.
74 hp and 50mpg is perfect for having a little fun or commuting.

Looks like Yamaha is trying to give the Ducati Scrambler a run for it's money. Looks like they might do a good job.

Yeah I'm not sure they totally nailed the styling, especially the airbox, but I think it's going to be a great bike. People seem to like the fz 07. At a grand less than the Scrambler they probably have a winner.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Would be cooler if it weren't another parallel twin but whatever.

Kind of agree, but the XS650 it's paying homage to was a well loved ptwin.

Doesn't look too bad.

Embedening one for the lazy:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I want what Japanese dad was riding

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Now just come out with the FJ-07 and we're good.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

Doesn't look too bad.

Admittedly as a former multistrada owner and current versys owner, I'm the last person who should pass judgement, but goddamn that is a fugly bike.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I really want to like it, but I just can't.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Linedance posted:

Admittedly as a former multistrada owner and current versys owner, I'm the last person who should pass judgement, but goddamn that is a fugly bike.

To me, it's just a bike. Could be worse, could be a BMW F.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Linedance posted:

I like everything except the motor. and exhaust.
...and get rid of that radiator, lovely headlight, mirrors, tail / license plate holder and give me some proper USD forks.

So basically everything below the top of the gas-tank needs to go.
I'm still undecided on the seat.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I can't find any info, are they releasing it in the states, or euro only?

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013

clutchpuck posted:

Doesn't look too bad.

As a former owner of an '82 XS650, I fail to see any resemblance.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Snuck out for a joyride during my lunch break today. This is the view from my turn-around point:

Left side's all foggy, right side's all nice and clear. Work is on the gloomy side.

Angryboot fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 23, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Angryboot posted:

Snuck out for a joyride during my lunch break today. This is the view from my turn-around point:

Left side's all foggy, right side's all nice and clear. Work is on the gloomy side.

That's a really cool picture.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

I had to take it easy on that road today though; rained a couple of days ago and there's crap all over the road:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Angryboot posted:

Thanks!

I had to take it easy on that road today though; rained a couple of days ago and there's crap all over the road:

Ugh, that looks terrible. Where do you live?

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Socal; this was on Angeles Crest.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Angryboot posted:

Socal; this was on Angeles Crest.

:lol: I thought the area looked familiar.:cripes:

Well I'm moving back to the Bay Friday, but I'll have to come back and ride that road at some point. Preferably on a bigger bike.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Nah, go to GMR instead. The only reason why I'm on Angeles today is because my work is 5 miles away.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Video of the new Africa Twin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzT_bKsItLA

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2015/july/video-honda-africa-twin-revealed/

Wow...I think Honda is going to pull this off.

e: white with gold wheels :swoon:

Ola fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 23, 2015

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Looks kind of VStromy, but I expect Honda - not to be outdone - has kicked the mediocrity up a notch for this guy.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Is the faster sons a play on words for "land of the rising sun"? The slogans within a red dot like the Japanese flag.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I want what Japanese dad was riding

It looks to be a modded new xsr700.

Anyway I was just in Japan a couple months ago for vacation so here's some of my bike photography.

titanium fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 23, 2015

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

titanium posted:

Anyway I was just in Japan a couple months ago for vacation so here's some of my bike photography.

Those are great pictures. Were you there on some kind of assignment? Did you get those just walking around with a camera or do you know any of those guys?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Professional pedestrian-frightener RoyalJordanian now has a Grom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNAaeU5vRHs

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

titanium posted:

Great pics. Can you post the full album? Where in Japan?

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

ought ten posted:

Those are great pictures. Were you there on some kind of assignment? Did you get those just walking around with a camera or do you know any of those guys?

Thanks! No assignment, I wish I could get some arrangement like that going. Thats all from walking around, I dont know anyone in the photos.

hot sauce posted:

Great pics. Can you post the full album? Where in Japan?

I'll post an album up sometime, the rest are scenery not so much motorcycles. The photos are from Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and maybe some from surrounding areas.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Fantastic pics!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Woah, that helmet is weird.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

titanium posted:

gently caress, I never realized I was a complete Honda fanboy until this post. :japan:

SquadronROE posted:

It's just a 3/4 helmet with a bubble shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

SquadronROE posted:

I am the law!