Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dude789 posted:

Anime thread, I picked up some Gekkeikan today, what would be a good anime to pair it with?

wakako-zake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
FFIX Remake Wishlist:
  • Better graphics
  • Faster load times
  • You can choose when to go into trance
  • Bravely Default's speed and battle options
  • Freya and Amarant buddy cop sidequest

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

FFIX Remake Wishlist:
  • Better graphics
  • Faster load times

[*]Damage Limit Removed

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
8 taking place in a school was one of the few good things about it.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

FFIX Remake Wishlist:
  • Better graphics
  • Faster load times

-better card game

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

FFIX Remake Wishlist:
  • Better graphics
  • Faster load times

Beatrix.... playable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
FF9 but with paper mario thousand year door's battle system specifically the stage stuff

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

[*]Damage Limit Removed
Zidane and Freya would wind up even more broken.

Not that there's anything wrong with that; just observing.

.jpg posted:

-better card game
Honestly I wish they'd just cut it out entirely but that probably wouldn't happen.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

specifically the stage stuff

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I just remember the fight with Kuja being real disappointing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I knew a guy who hated every ff game, so he made sure to play every ff game and then read LPs of them when he decided he didnt like the games he didnt like. when he got to 9, he said he liked it, then he got to the swordfight minigame and kept redoing it and whininga bout how poo poo it is and that it's required for him to complete it and whining about how the game ruined itself with this lovely mandatory minigame that he had to complete in order to beat the first black waltz

turns out he was following a level 1 run guide for his first playthrough, because he's a dumbass lmao

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
FF9 has a lot of great things about it, and it's easily the FF which needs a remake and/or a proper modern port. Base game has so many issues, as already mentioned.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

turns out he was following a level 1 run guide for his first playthrough, because he's a dumbass lmao
How did he do on the jump rope minigame?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

If I ever replay 9 I'm gonna have Quina in my party full time.

Hey yeah nice meme. gently caress you.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

pon alien posted:

Hey yeah nice meme. gently caress you.

That's a me me?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

How did he do on the jump rope minigame?

i dont think he said. he spent like 3 or 4 hours wandering around as vivi and then complained about the swordfight minigame, stopped playing, said the game was poo poo, complained about all FF games being poo poo, and looked up an LP of it to read through

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

i dont think he said. he spent like 3 or 4 hours wandering around as vivi and then complained about the swordfight minigame, stopped playing, said the game was poo poo, complained about all FF games being poo poo, and looked up an LP of it to read through

This seems like a difficult person to be around.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

The 9 superboss was a bullshit swirly sphere with no relevance, rather than something cool like a big epic monster trying to destroy the world

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Instead of watching anime, tonight I'm going to reinstall Shogun 2 and live an anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EQWcB1vXXg

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 23, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

This seems like a difficult person to be around.

he is, but thankfully, despite having an account he doesn't post anywhere thank goodness. he'd easily be the worst person if he actually posted lmao

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Getting the excalibur 2 seemed kinda pointless. I'm not sure how much Steiner's regular attacks did with the Ragnarok but I don't remember mana being a huge issue with Shock.

edit: Chocobo treasure hunt loving ruled. 9 got Chocobos right.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 23, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Getting the excalibur 2 seemed kinda pointless. I'm not sure how much Steiner's regular attacks did with the Ragnarok but I don't remember mana being a huge issue with Shock.

edit: Chocobo treasure hunt loving ruled. 9 got Chocobos right.

It's more or less just a bragging rights item, plus the holy element is nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTd-OnrZCU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Instead of watching anime, tonight I'm going to reinstall Shogun 2 and live an anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EQWcB1vXXg

the last good total war game was medieval 1

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've bought them all on launch though lol

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've never picked up the Excalibur II since Steiner already regularly does like 7~9k damage with the next best sword anyway.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Shogun 2 is the best one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Shogun 2 is the best one

Is that the one with fall of the samurai

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

u going to buy the total war one? looks badass...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I thought it was cool how having Steiner and Vivi in the same party unlocked Sword Magic, but Steiner would lose it if Vivi wasn't around.

I wish more JRPGs had party composition-based skills.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv please od not make another gbs thread

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yah probably, I just wish they had the lizarddudes and pharohguys to start with cause those are the coolest

If they put the elves in first I'll be mad

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't remember the PS1-era Final Fantasy games all that well: Was 9 the one that had a cocky dude with a tail as a protag? Because he was rad as hell. Also, whoever recommended Justified has done me an incredible favor: My GF is HOOKED. Of course, tonight is rehearsal night, so we're gonna play some heavy-as-hell music before watching anything else, whether it'd be anime, some drama or me and the daughter playing Dragon's Crown.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I thought it was cool how having Steiner and Vivi in the same party unlocked Sword Magic, but Steiner would lose it if Vivi wasn't around.

I wish more JRPGs had party composition-based skills.

Yeah too bad the sword magic was the only instance of that in the whole game, I think.

There was also the odd thing I didn't find out about until relatively recently, where characters who aren't currently happy in the party or are confused or whatever won't do their victory poses in battles.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the gbs Littleorv meme

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm not doing poo poo because it's a work night. Give me an anime to forget to watch tomorrow.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lizards probably last faction they add. im guessing they'll first do like chaos plus an elf plus a human faction. afaik the lizards are on another continent? i never really paid attention to the whole thing outside of the games

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dangerous Person posted:

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm not doing poo poo because it's a work night. Give me an anime to forget to watch tomorrow.

Time of Eve.

e: Also, happy birthday in advance. :toot:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

gunbuster and Happy Birthday.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I not wishing anybody a happy birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Happy birthday and gunbuster. Then you can join the diebuster simulwatch that starts next week.

• Locked thread