Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

There's a challenge for killing cazadores with time bombs. I think I'm gonna try doing that and see if I can do it without dying.

You could probably cheese it by throwing time bombs and using tin grenades to detonate them. I accidentally got a few points in the challenge by killing some of the cazadores at the wind farm like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You could probably cheese it by throwing time bombs and using tin grenades to detonate them. I accidentally got a few points in the challenge by killing some of the cazadores at the wind farm like that.

Yeah, but then it's not a challenge anymore.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
drat, the Thermic Lance is sick in Convergence. Anything with a lot of DT/DR goes down to it fast but things like Cazadors that dont have any dt/dr and have lots of health will own you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

Yeah, but then it's not a challenge anymore.

Tin grenades count for the challenge so you just throw a bunch of them...otherwise you can throw a time bomb on the ground and run around it in circles taking med x and antivenom and hope you don't blow yourself up for the "challenge"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Tin grenades count for the challenge so you just throw a bunch of them...otherwise you can throw a time bomb on the ground and run around it in circles taking med x and antivenom and hope you don't blow yourself up for the "challenge"

I gotta game with honor, man. Gotta do it by the books like Sawyer intended.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

I gotta game with honor, man. Gotta do it by the books like Sawyer intended.

Ropekid would definitely approve of detonating the time bombs manually, if you knew anything about his approach to game design.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't actually made a nuka grenade yet because I left all my nuka cola quartz in the Mojave but I'm running around Zion collecting all the abraxo, turpentine, and home brewed nuka colas in anticipation of unlocking nuka chemist.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ropekid would insist you play the entire game while sitting on a tiny bike seat

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

Lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I forgot how good vault 11 is...I like the idea that No Bark is the vault survivor.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Killing the van graffs is way harder than I remember. I had to use one of my fat mines because nothing else would kill Jean Baptiste Cutting fast enough. His corpse was so hosed up after being blown up by a mini nuke at ground zero that I couldn't even interact with the pieces.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Just work for them and let the terrorist in.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

seems like a p walt like thing to do

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trabandiumium posted:

Just work for them and let the terrorist in.

It doesn't make sense to let him go in because there's no way to know that he's a suicide bomber without killing him.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The most Walt thing to do, would be to work for them until they let you in, plant c4 everywhere, bring them Cassidy, and then set off the c4 after threatening them. I used mines because I forgot I left all my c4 behind.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I killed Alice McCafferty by reverse pick pocketing her with c4 and setting it off while I sat in her toilet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I killed Alice McCafferty by reverse pick pocketing her with c4 and setting it off while I sat in her toilet.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I killed her by sneaking up behind her and brutally shredding her with a chainsaw. I was expecting to have to fight my way out but nobody noticed because the game considers chainsaws to be silent.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

this is also the best way to deal with the omertas, send cachino in with c4 and suicide bomb him

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

this is also the best way to deal with the omertas, send cachino in with c4 and suicide bomb him

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

2house2fly posted:

I killed her by sneaking up behind her and brutally shredding her with a chainsaw. I was expecting to have to fight my way out but nobody noticed because the game considers chainsaws to be silent.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

I just started that quest now. Badass.

Dec 26, 2012

2house2fly posted:

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only person who is in the main office is that hostetler guy and he doesn't do anything, you just lose NCR rep/

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

2house2fly posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

lol that owns. walt as gently caress

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ended up planting the c4 on Nero because the one on cachino disappeared on the way to the room. I jumped behind the couch after the conversation to avoid the blast but poor cachino wasn't in on the jig. He survived with 2 bars of health and all his limbs crippled. You won, mate. :unsmith: thanks for the chips.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

StashAugustine posted:

i'm imagining the courier patting him on the back for good luck, and there's just a big wad of c4 stuck there that nobody notices

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

2house2fly posted:

i love bethesda games

i havent gotten away with a sledge sneak attack critical but gently caress yeah chainsaw

i installed tale of two wastelands and i'm dicking around in dc and i forgot how cartoonishly evil the super mutants are in fo3

http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-whats-happening-inside-fallout-3s-metro-train/

http://gfycat.com/FineHorribleIsabellinewheatear bethesda ownns

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 22, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm in OWB now. I brought along like 250 .357 ammo for my snub nose, but the dumbass sink only sells 10 bullets of it at a time so when I run out, I'm hosed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well, I'm sure you'll be able to talk your way out of it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm in OWB now. I brought along like 250 .357 ammo for my snub nose, but the dumbass sink only sells 10 bullets of it at a time so when I run out, I'm hosed.

It sells primer packs if you happen to have cases, idk if there's a place to get cases

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

OWB is loving bad. I went through the school for the main quest and just ughed and turned it off. Every single enemy in the DLC is a lovely bullet sponge.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

OWB is loving bad. I went through the school for the main quest and just ughed and turned it off. Every single enemy in the DLC is a lovely bullet sponge.

The loot is good. The Sink is a really good player home as well. That's about the only good things I have to say about it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
It gets tiring really fast to have packs of 5 Nightstalkers & 3 Lobotomites spawning behind you every 5 minutes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm used to my best rarest explosives getting me out of a pinch when I get ambushed, but when one nuka grenade or fat mine can't even kill a mr gutsy I just don't really feel like playing anymore.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I liked Dr. Mobius, the auto doc, and the biological thing that wants you to cum on it. the rest of the dlc is very hit and miss

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Roboscorpions gave me a lot of trouble on damage and idk why. my roommate got there and just loving dunked on everything. i saturnite fisted my way through everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
most of the owb npc things own except for the stealth suit which can gently caress right off

toaster owns

"According to Chris Avellone, Jace Hall came to the Old World Blues recording session as part of a sketch for his show, where he would "be bad and then fired" However, the crew liked his take on Toaster and decided to cast him for the finished product."

the robodog voicing its own ending slide also owned

• Locked thread