Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I don't believe they'll have a booth, but they're apparently sponsoring the Paint-and-Take and some awards. ReaperBryan's wife is running the Paint-and-Take.

Also, sounds like undead expansion is pretty much confirmed, given the crypt is going to be a part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Painting contests are fine but I want some Bones minis!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I guess all three of their expansions are spooky stuff. I was assuming they'd do a sci-fi one, like last time.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Has anyone done a Paint and Take before? I'd love to get some help with doing flesh and faces, which still somehow eludes me.

E: :swoon:

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 23, 2015

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Man, if he's $60 now I don't want to see what his release price will be.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Peas and Rice posted:

Has anyone done a Paint and Take before? I'd love to get some help with doing flesh and faces, which still somehow eludes me.

There's a huge wait list for paint and take. I'de recommend getting in that line an hour before it starts on Thursday at the con. You wait in line to sign up, then wait for them to call you a billion hours later.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

ritorix posted:

There's a huge wait list for paint and take. I'de recommend getting in that line an hour before it starts on Thursday at the con. You wait in line to sign up, then wait for them to call you a billion hours later.

Wow that sounds terrible. How are the Sunday afternoon prospects? I have events pretty much all day Thursday and Friday.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
That's why it's better to just buy a ticket to a speed paint. Guaranteed seat and time. It's also neat to just walk around the reaper area and watch. Some reaper person last year was demoing green stuff modeling.

I also ordered those gencon brushes for pickup, good stuff.

Fomalhaut
Feb 19, 2011

Flying Dragon Triple Kick!

Peas and Rice posted:

Wow that sounds terrible. How are the Sunday afternoon prospects? I have events pretty much all day Thursday and Friday.

I've found that Sunday is probably the busiest time for paint and take. That is family day, so the list fills up really quickly.

If you want to do it, I'd recommend signing up about 2 hours before you actually want to sit and paint. Then just check back in about in hour or so to see how much longer until you are called.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It shot up 25 thousand in less than an hour after the latest update.

I guess a lot of people want that weird dragon thing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I know I do but I also know that I'll never paint it or use it so it's hard to justify dropping $60 on it even if that's a pittance for such a "mini." So I guess what I need is for them to accidentally include one in my order.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

It shot up 25 thousand in less than an hour after the latest update.

I guess a lot of people want that weird dragon thing.

"That weird dragon thing" is all people have been talking about since the start of this really. So yes, it was eagerly awaited for.

Also, graveyard expansion started. I wish it had no terrain, I'd just rather use Hirst Arts and such. I just want minis from Reaper. I planned on getting an expansion, but there's none I really want. Of the three, the first has the most I'd use... Unless this graveyard thing really expands out into some good stuff.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I'm digging that Goremaw. I ran an encounter with a great purple worm using the current purple worm mini and it was underwhelming to say the least.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

WANT THAT TIAMAT

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That Tiamat is ridiculously huge, I almost want it just to have it.

On the other hand, Kaladrax is never coming out of a box.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I just saw the picture of Tiamat next to last year's Dragons Don't Share. I have Dragons Don't Share and I can say for certain that that Tiamat is absurd.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

I just saw the picture of Tiamat next to last year's Dragons Don't Share. I have Dragons Don't Share and I can say for certain that that Tiamat is absurd.

The pic in question.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Poor Sir Forscale

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just want Tiamat's base for rad Hell-terrain.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Is there some reason they can't just call their not-tiamat... Tiamat? I know they have to make up dumb names for illithids or whatever but the name "Tiamat" didn't originate with D&D. Is it something dumb about how they can't call a five-headed dragon Tiamat specifically?

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

JerryLee posted:

Is there some reason they can't just call their not-tiamat... Tiamat? I know they have to make up dumb names for illithids or whatever but the name "Tiamat" didn't originate with D&D. Is it something dumb about how they can't call a five-headed dragon Tiamat specifically?

GW Copyrighted it with Tiamat the Fyre Drygin of the Iron Mountains of the Steael Playne. Sorry.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Tiamat as a five headed dragon with each head resembling an AD&D chromatic dragon type is grey enough to not risk it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Also, WotC can't claim copyright on Tiamat, but neither can Reaper.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Historical Tiamat wasn't a multiheaded dragon

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I ended up doing to a wave three $1 pledge, since that $99 is going to be more useful this month than getting my toys a month earlier next year.

The Spooky cemetery looks cool, though it feels like interior crypt detail is wasted. I'm also surprised at the lack of gave stones.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Ravendas posted:

The pic in question.

I appreciate how this just completely overwhelms their photobooth and they're just like 'welp, good as we can do'.

Also that thing is enormous, I can't imagine how you would ever actually use it. But I definitely want to see one painted up by Bachtere.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ashcans posted:

But I definitely want to see one painted up by Bachtere.

Someone get a quote for a commission.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Already upped my pledge to $160 :negative:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm tempted to just do it, but it'd basically be a punchline to a $60 joke on my shelf that nobody will ever even see the setup for.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
If it reaches the goal I will totally buy that $60 monstrosity and paint it purely for the challenge of it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Slimnoid posted:

If it reaches the goal I will totally buy that $60 monstrosity and paint it purely for the challenge of it.

I've kept it under $300 so far, drat that dragon.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You know, I could see myself buying that just for the terrain piece. I hope it's available separate like in dragons don't share.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Peas and Rice posted:

E: :swoon:

So want.

Seriously, this might be my only haul from this Bones, I'm not sure I really need any other small things, but this is :perfect:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
One of the recently revealed dwarves was already in the core set. They accidentally forgot to cross her off on their list of miniatures that must go in. They're going to replace her after lunch with a different model for the stretch goal.

Also, over on the Reaper board I'm planning to run a betting pool on the final outcome. Whoever comes closest gets a painted mini from all of the losers.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I keep adding and removing Tiamat from my pledge. :(

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Even without the base set what I want is $338.

I hate having money anyway. :smith:

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
drat. Yeah, I'll go in for $60. I'm not sure what I'll do with that model, but my current plan is to keep it in its box and put that box on top of other boxes that contain unpainted miniatures.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

demota posted:

drat. Yeah, I'll go in for $60. I'm not sure what I'll do with that model, but my current plan is to keep it in its box and put that box on top of other boxes that contain unpainted miniatures.

This is my plan also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

demota posted:

I do not like this plan. Since the mini is so big I was going to put as sort of a base for a big stack of unpainted miniatures in boxes. I think this is a more optimal plan. They might be in the garage or closet.

• Locked thread