Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Control Volume posted:

In the far distant future when I get the T49, I will do the unthinkable, and play it with the 90mm

A lot of people do that and it basically just a lamer Bulldog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I've seen more than a few incredible 152 t49 games in pub matches to the point where I want one even though I hate playing lights.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Yeah I'm finding the T49 isn't all that great, fun gimmick at times but it's no Bulldog. As for the Bulldog I have both guns and can't decide which I like more, the autoloaders ability to sodomize things or the single shot that makes the tank over a ton lighter and gives it more mobility. Whats the deal with having to click buttons to load the ammo every time I switch guns in the garage and get that 'ammo failed to load' poo poo? WG's idea of immersion?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I messaged some publord to tell him to stop using HE and he first claimed that he "ran out of ammo" and when I told him that most good players use a full AP loadout with maybe 1 or 2 HE he claimed that he did as well, but he "switched to HE for clan wars".

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

I messaged some publord to tell him to stop using HE and he first claimed that he "ran out of ammo" and when I told him that most good players use a full AP loadout with maybe 1 or 2 HE he claimed that he did as well, but he "switched to HE for clan wars".

He probably isn't kidding.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The T49 is pretty much the stupid bullshit diceroll tank. When it works, its hilarious, when it doesn't, its still kinda hilarious. The best part about it though is when people are scared of rounding a corner because they are low health. I do with the 90mm gun was a viable option though, it works really well on the RU and all it needs is some AP shells.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The 90 mm T49 is a lot like a KV-2 with the 107. Sure you can, but why would you?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Control Volume posted:

In the far distant future when I get the T49, I will do the unthinkable, and play it with the 90mm

e: wait nevermind the silver shell is HE lmao, what the gently caress is this tank

The tank exclusive 90mm silver HE shell is workable, especially on other lights, the gold round is a HEAT round but is still comparatively good. The 152mm has poo poo penetration on all shells, which together with the horrendous bloom and aim time gimps the gun even more. Also, the tank drives more like a medium compared to the earlier tanks in the line.

Personally I would probably like the tank if it had either more agility, better camo, better aim or better pen. But right now it is hard to squeeze a good game from it even under favorable circumstances, as the hull is meh and guns rely on the HE lottery for realizing their intended gimmick.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
The T49 is a tank that you pretty much cross your fingers every time you pull the trigger. The gun is hilarious inconsistent at any range, but in all honesty if you are wasting time shooting at range you are playing it wrong. Most of the time, any form of aiming in is ill-advised. The whole idea is to find unsuspecting or suspecting people, round them, and hit them in a soft spot with a super fuckoff round before darting away for your huge reload. Even close in, the gun misses, but you minimize the misses. It is fairly exhilarating at times, but it is basically a gimmick. Of course you can still scout like a normal scout, but the real fun of the tank is plopping unsuspecting pubbies with the 152. Like Prav said, if you aren't going to use the 152 there is simply no point. Research the RU or 54lt, you will be MUCH better served.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

unlawfulsoup posted:

The T49 is a tank that you pretty much cross your fingers every time you pull the trigger. The gun is hilarious inconsistent at any range, but in all honesty if you are wasting time shooting at range you are playing it wrong.

A T49 was sniping light tanks on my team the other day. He just fired into bushes and got 2 kills.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Soulfucker posted:

Wherein pubbie shitlords make me choose between getting MT-15 and winning the match, I chose the latter option:

Figures the one time I get an arty-free map with enough TDs on the enemy team my team folds and I have to go back to rescue the cap. I think I'd have preferred the old "do 4,000 damage and get 4 TD kills" rather than specifically having to damage a certain tank type.

Did you lose any games after I left? I'm probably back for another night of 100% today B)

e: quoted the wrong post

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 22, 2015

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Prav posted:

The 90 mm T49 is a lot like a KV-2 with the 107. Sure you can, but why would you?

yeah this. Just grind an RU instead if that's what you want.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Atal Vataman posted:

Did you lose any games after I left? I'm probably back for another night of 100% today B)

e: quoted the wrong post

We played a couple more games with Maimgara and managed to maintain the 100% win rate at least until I left.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Yesterday was not a good day for tanks. Anyone else could not win yesterday? I was a hop and a skip away from breaking my keyboard in half.

Then I played Payday 2 and felt better.

Church III was my only saving grace, it keeps me in balance and buffs my stats far more than anything else.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

mmkay posted:

We played a couple more games with Maimgara and managed to maintain the 100% win rate at least until I left.

odd, considering that you were joined by a troglodyte dane... then again soulfucker is a sub-troglodyte swede and i'm a sub-sub-troglodyte norwegian... weird!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
loving :laffo: @ anyone who gets a T49 and expects it to actually be any kind of practical.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Mesadoram posted:

Yesterday was not a good day for tanks.

I'm sorry we ditched siri off on you guys

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Best use of T49 is on Mines. Rush to the hill, find light or thin-skinned med, pen for 750 damage, get primaried and explode, laugh, and go play a real light.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Salean posted:

I'm sorry we ditched siri off on you guys

:colbert:

quote:

All the T49 talk

gently caress you guys... I want one bad now :smith:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
My fave tank is 150 mm Rhym HEAT gimmick tank, so I think I'll like the T49.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

thylacine posted:

You might, but it won't be because it is in any way similar, don't expect the gun to handle in any way comparable to a normal 150mm cannon.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

thylacine posted:

They are nothing alike.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
It sounds like they're alike in that they're both RNG slot machines that might wreck something or might just waste a shot and die.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

thylacine posted:

It sounds like they're alike in that they're both RNG slot machines that might wreck something or might just waste a shot and die.

The Roomba shouldn't be a slot machine 90%+ of the time. The T49 is ALWAYS a slot machine, even in the best possible situation.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Alienware's giving out another set of 1d Premium/Case of Coke keys: https://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/the-world-of-tanks-bonus-code-key-giveaway

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
Is this a bug? Why do I have all these modules unlocked for this thing, I haven't even researched the little leo yet.

Also why the hell did they actually call it spic

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

one on a bun posted:

Is this a bug? Why do I have all these modules unlocked for this thing, I haven't even researched the little leo yet.

I believe it is because you technically had the modules equivalent to those researched on the Aufkle Panther or Awful Panther or whatever it was, so when they changed it to the SP I C you have them researched.

They named it the SP I C because they are Russian and do not care if they offend a teeny tiny % of their playerbase.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Sorry for lack of youtube link, my computer is acting up and wont record right.

Anywho, an E100 and myself in a VK 72.01 carry the ever loving gently caress out of this game. Feels good to have a teammate that listens...

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2035240

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

one on a bun posted:

the nazis were very rude

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

yeah i think the aufpanther had a lot of overlap with other german trees so if you ever researched the vk3601, well there's your top gun

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

welp, time to sell this overpowered piece of poo poo and get an even more overpowered piece of poo poo

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Control Volume posted:

welp, time to sell this overpowered piece of poo poo and get an even more overpowered piece of poo poo

Don't sell the E-50, why would you do that?

Also I used to say the 50 was better, tier for tier, than the 50M but now that I look the 50M is my highest damage t10 medium except the Batchat. So :shrug:.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Desuwa posted:

Don't sell the E-50, why would you do that?

Also I used to say the 50 was better, tier for tier, than the 50M but now that I look the 50M is my highest damage t10 medium except the Batchat. So :shrug:.

look man i gotta get the credits for the 50m somehow and ill be hosed if im putting fresh crew in it

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Control Volume posted:

look man i gotta get the credits for the 50m somehow and ill be hosed if im putting fresh crew in it

If you sell the E 50 you're literally retarded. Literally. Suck dicks to afford the E 50M if you have to, but there's no excuse for selling the E 50! :colbert:

Also, this happened today:

:3: It was only hilarious to our platoon because nobody else knew what was going on, and luckily Jal/Bort had just been filled in in time to get it.

The power of the new name was strong, but not strong enough; my bro couldn't hit 90% winrate for the night :/

Maybe if he stopped CHAI-sniping and did more damage, lol. :rolleyes: :jerkbag:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

If you sell the E 50 you're literally retarded. Literally. Suck dicks to afford the E 50M if you have to, but there's no excuse for selling the E 50! :colbert:

:3: It was only hilarious to our platoon because nobody else knew what was going on, and luckily Jal/Bort had just been filled in in time to get it.

The power of the new name was strong, but not strong enough; my bro couldn't hit 90% winrate for the night :/

Maybe if he stopped CHAI-sniping and did more damage, lol. :rolleyes: :jerkbag:

Story time! Twister_ES from your first image was one of the dudes who got me into UGKB during the second campaign. I've talked about UGKB before - great clan, good teamwork, good morale, literally no ability to damage enemy tanks. Me, Twister, and some dude named Professor_Munroe were able to damage enemies, so we got to just laugh at the terrible players.

UGKB's leadership/callers are who formed [-_W_-] Wolverines, whom I'm doing a skirmish tournament with. They still cannot damage enemy tanks. So many games lost from loving 57mm-equipped T-34s peeking and poking onto T-25s and dealing one damaging shot out of eight tonight. Still good enough for top 25% - seriously start joining random tournament teams NA people the gold is your's for the taking.

Now Twister is in HAVOK. HAVOK is super dead - rest in peace Twister.

Also how the gently caress are you only getting 1600 WN8, get good or you're insulting my good name.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Atomizer posted:

Agreed about the E-50.

That Hellsau salute was perfect timing.

I definitely need to get myself renamed...cant stand it. Jal is my old eve:online, a bad internet spaceship game, name.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Story time! Twister_ES from your first image was one of the dudes who got me into UGKB during the second campaign. I've talked about UGKB before - great clan, good teamwork, good morale, literally no ability to damage enemy tanks. Me, Twister, and some dude named Professor_Munroe were able to damage enemies, so we got to just laugh at the terrible players.

Now Twister is in HAVOK. HAVOK is super dead - rest in peace Twister.

Also how the gently caress are you only getting 1600 WN8, get good or you're insulting my good name.

I think Twister, who was in a T92 on the enemy team, held his shots the whole game so he could fire one at Hellsau. Did ~1200 damage, but wasn't enough to win the match for his team. :getin:

The low WN8 probably corresponds to the low DPG; what can I say, my li'l bro is still kinda new at this game, hell he has like 700 battles, give him a break! ;)

Still, he's been just good enough to fool one dude so far, and this is only day 1 of the name change. (The name also changed over like a day earlier than promised. A nice surprise, but seriously, can Wargaming do anything right?)

Bort Bortles posted:

That Hellsau salute was perfect timing.

I definitely need to get myself renamed...cant stand it. Jal is my old eve:online, a bad internet spaceship game, name.

Yeah, the o7o7o7 is classic Hellsau. :)

As far as new names for you are concerned, might I suggest "Heilsau"? It's along the same lines, but someone else came up with it tonight so you probably should act fast if you really want it.

You could also go with "JohnGaItCobraCommander" with an i in place of the L. That was going to be the 3rd choice for the bro, after "ChiIIsau" with two capital "i"s of course.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'd feel worse about selling the E-50 but the E-50M is just more of the same and I'm planning on picking up an AMX 30 for all my tier 9 medium needs. You have no power over me. :colbert:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Honestly if the E50 is redundant to you, I would not hesitate to sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucasw99
Apr 5, 2011

This is what happens when the pubbies forget the weak points on a KV5. Oh it also helps I'm top tier.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2035876#windstorm-lucasw99-kv-5

This tank is without a doubt the best brawler i've ever played. I seriously doubt any other tank would have survived the town battle.