Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Apparently I'm no longer an INTP. I've now matured into a proper INFP. Feelings are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I graduated from an INTP to an ENFP!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

I graduated from an INTP to an ENFP!

#problematic to suggest that I->E and T->F is "graduation".

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Now that I have ... Boy was I deluded that being an INTP is cool. Cynical and lonely is a dim way to consider the world.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

#problematic to suggest that I->E and T->F is "graduation".

I wasn't finished yet, pmom!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You made it worse!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Ernie. posted:

Now that I have ... Boy was I deluded that being an INTP is cool. Cynical and lonely is a dim way to consider the world.

90% of the times that I have seen the results of this test it has been INTP. For some reason engineer/math majors consider it a badge of honor.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BTW Myers Briggs tests are hilariously broken and the only metric worth any thought in how you interact with the world is the introversion-extroversion scale. Everything else has been known to be bunk for years.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like my result though so I will keep it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

BTW Myers Briggs tests are hilariously broken and the only metric worth any thought in how you interact with the world is the introversion-extroversion scale. Everything else has been known to be bunk for years.

I scored in the 99th percentile for introversion when our high school made us take a Real myers-briggs test :cool:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

90% of the times that I have seen the results of this test it has been INTP. For some reason engineer/math majors consider it a badge of honor.

I remember discovering the INTP forums when I was a kid and thinking to myself "WHAT PART OF THE "I" DONT YOU ALL GET. WHY WOULD I CONSCIOUSLY BE SOCIAL WITH PEOPLE WHO EXPEND ENERGY IN SOCIAL SITUATIONS. WHY WOULD I DO THAT TO YOU ALL."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 27, 2020

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I scored in the 99th percentile for introversion when our high school made us take a Real myers-briggs test :cool:

Haha here's a real Myers Briggs test according to actually not terrible research:

"Hello welcome to your latest Friday night. Which would help you relax more: a beer with friends, or a book under the stars?"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Haha here's a real Myers Briggs test according to actually not terrible research:

"Hello welcome to your latest Friday night. Which would help you relax more: a beer with friends, or a book under the stars?"

well according to the test I'm an E but according to your test I'm an I!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

Are we talking a beer with two friends or five friends.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ernie you fool bottleknight can't drink he's only 18!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

to be clear I am exactly 21

I still don't drink much

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are we talking a beer with two friends or five friends.

we're talking and talking and talking, are you exhausted yet?

updated my facebook status just for pmom

"Took a Myers-Briggs test today. I am officially an INTP success story and have become an ENFP. Hope that everyone back in INTP-land makes the jump soon. Love you all. xoxo"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 27, 2020

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

I would be butt nine resident number 107633.

I bet.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have massive personality shifts that make me impervious to buzzfeed psychology :twisted:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The only thing that really bugs me about the MB test is how many people wave the flag of being introverted, explicitly othering extraverts as being less trvekvlt nerds.

Being social with other people, especially nerds, basically saved my life. I always make the worst decisions and get the most brutally depressed when I'm alone.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I have massive personality shifts that make me impervious to buzzfeed psychology :twisted:

Yes truly you are a uniquely unique being who transcends all the labels that define the rest of us mortals.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No I just malfunction in a way convenient to sweeping away this trash

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

again I know it's mostly bunkum but if my roommate suddenly became an ENFP I would be cloud nine resident number 107633.

start reading to them the results you want in their sleep

"You care about ~feelings~. ~Feelings~ are just another truth of life. You can't have friends if you're too logical. But you can have logic if you have too many friends. JOIN UUUUUS"

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

it said I was intj, is that bad?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

it said I was intj, is that bad?

yes, you are one letter away from becoming literally hitler

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

here, amoeba, a gif to explain

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Which letter?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Which letter?

the I > E. most people think Hitler would have fit into INTJ, actually, but I think he was likely extroverted enough considering he was able to bark down his advisors into letting him orchestrate his own demise, and he was an excellent orator.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ernie. posted:

here, amoeba, a gif to explain

right click-> save as: "apartment.gif"

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I thought it was going to be N > S.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

the I > E. most people think Hitler would have fit into INTJ, actually, but I think he was likely extroverted enough considering he was able to bark down his advisors into letting him orchestrate his own demise, and he was an excellent orator.

A lot of people who are great orators are I. For example, one B. Hussein Obama.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

A lot of people who are great orators are I. For example, one B. Hussein Obama.

lincoln, who obama apes in his oration, was an E :shrug:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you don't change any of the sliders, you get ESTJ-A.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ernie. posted:

obama apes

woah tone deaf comparison there ernie.

Amoeba102 posted:

If you don't change any of the sliders, you get ESTJ-A.

donde est-jajaja

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I pushed the sliders to the extremes when answering and go INFJ. It's like these things are not entirely determinative.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

woah tone deaf comparison there ernie.

not unless you're looking for it :(

Amoeba102 posted:

I pushed the sliders to the extremes when answering and go INFJ. It's like these things are not entirely determinative.

aren't you like a nuclear physicist, amoeba? how are you surprised?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm also sarcastic. But I'm not a nuclear physicist. I'm synthetic chemist, I've just dabbled in some other fields as a necessity. I have cultured cancer in flasks and directed xray beams from a synchrotron, as the most different things I've done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I got that I was super extroverted.

It is pretty cool being cool. Alright peace.

*hops on motorcycle, does a wheelie, rides off into the sunset*