Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

obliterating any part of Red Deer (OTHER THAN THE DONUT MILL) would be a gift from god pbuh

But then where would you stop for gas between edmonton and calgary :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Olds, like I do anyway :v:
e: also Innisfail sometimes.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Also Scott Subaru is the only dealership within the entire province with a parts department worth half a poo poo :(

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Tommychu posted:

e: also Innisfail sometimes.

Correct answer. Whoever the planner is that did Gasoline alley road access should be drawn and quartered. That whole area is an epic clusterfuck.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Also Scott Subaru is the only dealership within the entire province with a parts department worth half a poo poo :(

That was actually a major factor in my buying the SC instead of a Subaru. Not that our Lexus stealerships are worth the dirt they're built on but I can at least get part numbers and order through Country Hills or Stampede Toyota.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have completely, 100% given up on local dealers and part stores for parts. The ford dealerships are matched at about a 500% mark-up. Napa is half of the dealer, but still more than double the US price even after shipping.

Canadian tire is completely useless, and they bought out part source which is now equally useless. Everything's always in a warehouse a week away through auto value anyways.

Shocks for the twofiddy are $25cad a corner plus $10cad a piece shipping from rockauto or $79/piece from canadian tire. Less than half price even with the lovely exchange rate.

It's cheaper to own 2 vehicles than it is to own 1 because you can afford to have one sit waiting for parts.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yeah, since I live less than 1 hour from the US border, I can't remember the last time I bought a part/accessory in Canada.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Oh I'm a hardcore RockAuto customer. But Toyota is weird, there's stuff that's actually cheaper (or close enough and in stock or at least in Edmonton) often enough that I'll at least call a dealer before I checkout at Rock.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Tommychu posted:

Oh I'm a hardcore RockAuto customer. But Toyota is weird, there's stuff that's actually cheaper (or close enough and in stock or at least in Edmonton) often enough that I'll at least call a dealer before I checkout at Rock.

BMW is like that too. For all that Calgary BMW is a lovely, awful dealership with the worst service department I've ever dealt with, their parts counter is on top of their game. Quite often their stuff is competitive price-wise with the American parts houses once you factor shipping, exchange and duty.

If they don't have it in stock (and they frequently don't) 99% of the time it'll arrive the next day. Hell one day I ordered something first thing in the morning and it arrived from Vancouver later that afternoon.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 17, 2015

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Somebody be quasi interested in this loving thing and ask me to look at it for you

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/lethbridge/kannon/1060704970?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

1999 KANNON, Ford 302 with Edelbrock 351 aluminum heads,manifold, and carb. $36000.00. delivery can be arrainged. I've owned the bike since new. Registered in ALBERTA. Will consider trades

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

slidebite posted:

Somebody be quasi interested in this loving thing and ask me to look at it for you

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/lethbridge/kannon/1060704970?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Excuse me sir but I am interested in this fine motorcycle but unfortunately I am too far away to inspect it myself

If you are free of commitments I would appreciate your assistance in inspecting this fine motorcycle and reporting the particulars to me

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It was nice knowing you dude.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Speaking of bikes, I'm about to ride the Moldwing™ down to Red Deer. Any goons want to meet at the new Pete's Drive-In around 1700? (I'm taking the western back roads to get there.)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

So I saw a guy just skateboarding down the shoulder of Peigan, eastbound and just before Stoney this morning. Like not even a longboard, just an inherently and intentionally unstable ordinary skateboard.
Sure enough, just as I was thinking 'gee, that sure is a terrible place to skate', he goes down in front of the car ahead of me. He was safe, his board narrowly missed the other guy's car but gently caress I hope he realized at that point what an awful idea that was.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I'm selling my tent trailer, if you guys know anyone who might be interested.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1088425060

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Chumpcar at Castrol is fast approaching - who else is going? Either racing or spectating? I'm pit crew again for the Smokey & The Bandit FC RX7. It's a 24h endurance race so if you want to swing by and say hi, fair warning I won't be very coherent past hour 20.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm going to be honest: the idea that you can be less coherent than your normal function scares the poo poo out of me :v:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Lethbridge Airshow starts this Friday too.

Anyone interested in a Kim Campbell special?

https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=197235&lcn=342847&lct=L&srchtype=&so=ASC&sf=ferm-clos&lci=&str=1&ltnf=1

Edmonton Garrison seems to be dumping several of them with 30-60K on them. I know virtually nothing about them, but what I do know is that they are abysmal. C/D?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You know what LSVW stands for, right?

Fix It Again Tony.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Christ I could've had a kart van and an Italian vehicle all in one if I just waited a little longer.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm going to be honest: the idea that you can be less coherent than your normal function scares the poo poo out of me :v:

I will admit that on a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is fully incoherent - I'm basically Raymond Babbitt most of the time.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'd buy an LSVW just to park it next to my other hilariously unreliable offroader.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
The most Canadian car chase happened today

http://globalnews.ca/news/2120741/several-winnipeg-police-cars-damaged-by-truck/

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

I want to believe that it ended peacefully with the officers saying "YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE MISTER :mad:" to him as he dismounted his truck and climbed into the back of a squad car

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

2 ton cube van doing 80KPH being pursued by the entirety of the Manitoba RCMP.

e:Please tell me the guy was dressed like the Blues Brothers or something.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

drat

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1982-landc-cuiser-bj42/1088626931?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

If you want slow, I've got slow.
http://kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1988-toyota-4x4/1089028170

quote:

Selling my 1988 Toyota 4Runner. Has a Mercedes diesel non turbo engine in it (om616), Has 285000kms, 5 speed. Engine works great, but front end needs alittle work and a new clutch, will throw in a 22r full rebuild kit for alittle extra

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Whoa 616? Who the hell puts up the time, effort and cash to Merc-swap a Toyota and doesn't get the 5 cyl? Like, the 617 is the more common engine and better in every way.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

The chase video is basically Manitoba.mp4
I recognized the row of trees right away - there's probably more than one set of them, but they're all like that and they're all along the T-C in southern Manitoba.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RIP lacombe

I think i'm going to be coating the twofiddy in bedliner so i never have to worry about this bullshit again.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Holy poo poo, look at that little smart car go!

How the gently caress did he keep that on the road in that sort of bullshit?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Holy poo poo, look at that little smart car go!

How the gently caress did he keep that on the road in that sort of bullshit?

He couldn't get his outside tires into the soft bullshit on the shoulder. He would hit the slush pile on the middle with his left tires and it would steer him back onto the road. He was basically a slot car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yikes. We got some hail here but nothing like that.

Active tornado warning for Calgary and SW.

https://twitter.com/KatieDickinson/status/623932206789099520/photo/1

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

Spotted in Airdrie.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

slidebite posted:

Yikes. We got some hail here but nothing like that.

Active tornado warning for Calgary and SW.

https://twitter.com/KatieDickinson/status/623932206789099520/photo/1

That's not a funnel cloud. Wrong shape, the cloud base is all wrong...I could go on but that would just be overkill.

I got hailed on pretty hard today; golf-ball sized at least apparently. I have a dent on the roof and a dent on the hood but as far as I can tell that's all I've got...when the light gets lower later this evening I'll have a closer look. Here's hoping that's it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

https://vimeo.com/134250387

Same cloud, video shows the angle better.

Can't speak for Calgary, but Lethbridge area Aug/Early Sept is typically the hottest, and wildest summer storms.

We've been drat lucky here so far. Only 1 real electrical storm so far and blew over darn fast.

Aircraft are starting to arrive for the airshow. Will head down tomorrow and see if I can take a few pics. That C5 is going to look like a frigging giant at our podunk airport.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That particular McDonalds location is just magical and if its anything like the one and only time I've been in there its a place everyone should go to once in their life.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Mightaswell posted:

Spotted in Airdrie.

Jesus Christ I have never been so conflicted about a car before. It's like some kind of totem, physical proof of the dark mirror of my nightmares.

e: Motherfucker are those some Hayashi Streets up in this bitch? I wonder if that car has enough windshield wiper left to put my business card under.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 23, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

That particular McDonalds location is just magical and if its anything like the one and only time I've been in there its a place everyone should go to once in their life.

Ahh yes, the infamous Crack Mac's (partially hidden from view). The cops have supposedly cleaned up the area a bit, but that just means the crack deals are happening in the alleyways rather than out in the open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

I've been there early on a weekend morning, fighting a hangover. It's a fascinating spectrum of humanity.

Also, hail-damaged super sales anyone? :eng101: