Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

Tubex is good. Wish they had a paid, no-ads version though.

I'm trying it out now and I'm quite liking it. One thing though, in the sidebar where it's supposed to list the channels you're subscribed to, that's empty for me. :(

Edit: Now they're there. App's cool, thanks dude.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Anybody used notability extensively? I've been using mine in class with a lot of success, but the class I'm in currently relies on PowerPoint a lot. I've found a workaround to import the slides in by taking a screenshot, and then adding a "picture" of that slide. It works but is time consuming. Any alternatives?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

savesthedayrocks posted:

Anybody used notability extensively? I've been using mine in class with a lot of success, but the class I'm in currently relies on PowerPoint a lot. I've found a workaround to import the slides in by taking a screenshot, and then adding a "picture" of that slide. It works but is time consuming. Any alternatives?
Haven't had to do that kind of thing in a while, but the trick I did was printing the slideshows to PDF, then importing/drawing on the PDF in the note app. Course I did the print thing on my Mac, but I think there's PDF workflow things now (if not PowerPoint or Keynote themselves) that can convert to PDF right in iOS.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

japtor posted:

Haven't had to do that kind of thing in a while, but the trick I did was printing the slideshows to PDF, then importing/drawing on the PDF in the note app. Course I did the print thing on my Mac, but I think there's PDF workflow things now (if not PowerPoint or Keynote themselves) that can convert to PDF right in iOS.

I haven't tried it in iOS but the workflow is pretty straightforward for this, you can even automate it with Automator and maybe some kind of windows scheduler script.

1. Download ppt on computer.
2. Convert ppt to pdf and move to synced Dropbox or Drive folder.
3. Sync Notability.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Thanks for this you two. I got it working, but I'll need to keep tweaking it since the slides are positioned weird.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I want to stream some MP4's to an iPad mini so I can watch them around the house. I have DLNA streaming set up but is there any good free DLNA player for iPad, or way of playing MP4 files off an SMB network drive? Or should I just pay the $5 for Plex app

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Get plex, it's definitely worth the money.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
There's a bunch of apps, I think there's a free DLNA one but most of the good streaming ones cost a few bucks. If you're already relying on Plex for other stuff you might as well get Plex, if not there's all that other stuff to try.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I use nPlayer for streaming from my xbmc server which uses smb I think. It's not free but it's a decent app.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Literally no reason to buy the Plex app when VLC is free

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

noirstronaut posted:

AC3 audio

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

No, there's literally no reason to buy Plex :rolleyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Plex doesn't disappear from the App Store every so often...

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Meta Ridley posted:

I want to stream some MP4's to an iPad mini so I can watch them around the house. I have DLNA streaming set up but is there any good free DLNA player for iPad, or way of playing MP4 files off an SMB network drive? Or should I just pay the $5 for Plex app
I'm probably missing something here, but you could just add the movies to your iTunes library (don't have to actually copy them from their current location) and play them through the Videos app on the iPad using Home Sharing?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Plex doesn't disappear from the App Store every so often...

Even if it does, the app doesn't disappear from your phone or downloaded apps

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I'm probably missing something here, but you could just add the movies to your iTunes library (don't have to actually copy them from their current location) and play them through the Videos app on the iPad using Home Sharing?

As long as the videos are in itunes friendly format, sure. And you’re only watching at home. And you don’t ever want to stream to a Roku or some other non-apple product.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kaizoku posted:

As long as the videos are in itunes friendly format, sure. And you’re only watching at home. And you don’t ever want to stream to a Roku or some other non-apple product.

Meta Ridley posted:

I want to stream some MP4's to an iPad mini so I can watch them around the house.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Let's get it started

You’re in. Here’s your personal code to unlock Beme
http://beme.codes/4XMJE-EA4P2-TSRYB-XSEB6

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Let's get it started

Uh what is this?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

network error: unsupported url

e: some video sharing app

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Uh what is this?

i think its that viral thing all the kids are talking about

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kekekela posted:

i think its that viral thing all the kids are talking about

so, aids

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

obi_ant posted:

Uh what is this?

imagine vine but instead of being able to like a thing you react with a selfie instead

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dubstep Jesus posted:

imagine vine but instead of being able to like a thing you react with a selfie instead

that sounds bad

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

noirstronaut posted:

Let's get it started

I can taste your presumptuousness from here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Remember ello :banjo:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You need to download Beme then open the link. The app is horrible, yes, but it's exclusive and all the rage

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

You need to download Beme then open the link. The app is horrible, yes, but it's exclusive and all the rage

You think it would be pronounced "Be Me" but no....just "Beam."

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

The Devil Tesla posted:

that sounds bad

correct

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaganGoatPants posted:

You think it would be pronounced "Be Me" but no....just "Beam."

I think it's supposed to be mentally registered as be me? I have no idea.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

code's no longer valid apparently

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Whoever Michael Campbell is took it, it seems.

Here's another

http://beme.codes/MKRHR-UPX7X-G3ARV-V6NDZ

Are spoilers even hidden from people not regged?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No one is stealing your Beme codes :rolleye:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I have unlimited codes steal them all!

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

noirstronaut posted:

Are spoilers even hidden from people not regged?

No.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
The latest Twitter update made the RE/RT/FAV icons STUPID HUGE and it annoys me immensely. Like, old person novelty phone with the massive buttons huge. I'm mad as heck about it IRL.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whirlwind Jones posted:

The latest Twitter update made the RE/RT/FAV icons STUPID HUGE and it annoys me immensely. Like, old person novelty phone with the massive buttons huge. I'm mad as heck about it IRL.

Looks the same to me

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Looks the same to me
I haven't touched any of my twitter settings in years and all of a sudden it looks like this.

EDIT: Here's an old rear end screenshot from a few months ago for comparison.

Whirlwind Jones fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 28, 2015

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Twitter is A/B testing a bunch of stuff regarding the Reply/RT/FAV(or heart) buttons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Well that explains a bit.

Personally, I hate the carriage returns for @-names, and that user icons are now half-sized on my install. Ugh. The future sucks.