Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Savage Panamanians trying to kill the ref?? What is going on??? Stuff them in a boat with the americans and light it on fire. They've shamed themselves today. Dark day for Panama.

btw I needed autocorrect to even know what to call the people of panama. 3rd world country. put them on the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

Love how the bench cleared and went immediately for the ref. Am disappointed because nobody clocked him

I wonder if he gets booed the next MLS game he gets

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

Love how the bench cleared and went immediately for the ref. Am disappointed because nobody clocked him

Like I said earlier, they needed to call up Roberto Duran

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I'm vacationing in mexico, and the mexican espn is running with a confused headline. Did something happen tonight? We were eating dinner at the "formal" resort restaurant, and I would've felt weird checking my phone.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm vacationing in mexico, and the mexican espn is running with a confused headline. Did something happen tonight? We were eating dinner at the "formal" resort restaurant, and I would've felt weird checking my phone.

Just business as usual.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

foobardog posted:

Welcome to our MLS hell. Just wait until you get Geigered later on.

I loving told you.

Don't even care about the US losing, we're just setting up the Confederations Cup playoff to be Mexico-USA.

ok_dirdel
Apr 27, 2003

Dirk Pitt posted:

CONCACAF, apparently.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

You know everything was a farce when the studio host for the network showing the tournament has this to say...

...while he's working in the studio.

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Amazing

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently Panama plays Mexico in the football semi-finals at the Pan-American Games tomorrow :munch:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mr. Mambold posted:

It was a Mexican Magical Realism red card

Lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Now there's increasing Tweeter rumblings that Panama is going to refuse to play the Third Place game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Only Geiger could get a PK and a red card right but get the other PK so spectacularly wrong that it almost causes a giant fight.

What a champion.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Crazy Ted posted:

Now there's increasing Tweeter rumblings that Panama is going to refuse to play the Third Place game.

That means we'll get 3rd place by the two greatest words in the English language: de fault!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Please god let us elect Trump we have to stop this

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

That means we'll get 3rd place by the two greatest words in the English language: de fault!

Just send everyone home, I want Dempsey and Evans back so we can murder the Quebecois.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I am glad that my 3rd best team, the reggae boyz, won

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
turns out america isn't good mexico is ftw and jamaica are athletic?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

poo poo Farm posted:

turns out america isn't good mexico is ftw and jamaica are athletic?

hell, I stated that in my first post itt. I always believed in the reggae boyz

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i hope the reggae boyz win the gold cup and inspire a cool runnings remake about football

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
jamaica is going to win the gold cup with the same team that couldn't score a goal at the copa america

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
but this is a real tournament with prestige yeah

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

please don't troll the best team in the concacaf, the reggae boyz

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Hoping for a final without either the US or Mexico, but I can't imagine CONCACAF would let that happen.

easiest prediction I've ever made.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
*in a big stupid idiot shitfucker autistic voice that is actually just my own voice*

klinsmann... out

?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Are american trolls still crying over losing to loving Jamaica of all teams, and Mexico proving once again they're the better team? Lol get over it

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Klinsmann is a poo poo peddler and Mark Geiger is performance art made referee

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.facebook.com/hernandez.tls.3/videos/1736963196531286/

mexico_fans.avi

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Ha ha I just saw the US lost i thought the whole thread was exploding cause Mexico.

loving lol Bradley got fired for better results (but he was bald and < 6'3" iirc so it was fair)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

They shouldn't be here

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

African AIDS cum posted:

They shouldn't be here

Trump said that he would end the Gold Cup if elected. Got my vote.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Parody Threads posted:

Ha ha I just saw the US lost i thought the whole thread was exploding cause Mexico.

loving lol Bradley got fired for better results (but he was bald and < 6'3" iirc so it was fair)

Don't forget his disgusting nepotism in in playing his son.

Also seriously I think Klinsman just doesn't understand defense on a fundamental level... like at all which sort of makes sense since he played forward his entire career and I feel he focuses too much on attacking rather than defending.

In the last year we had,

Jermaine Jones a BBM being converted into a CB who tried to play hero ball out of the back,

A 3-5-2 to get more guys into the attack even though the only people who might be able to pull that off are Johnson & Yedlin because Chandler and Garza certainly can't.

Calling up guys like Alvarado & Ream (Who used to play CB in MLS) who primarily play LB for their to play as Center-backs, over guys like Besler hell even Orozco who are actually center-backs.

Keeping playing loving Chandler who can bomb forward and occasionally get assists, but utterly fails in both possession and defense... so that loving Yedlin as a winger is tracking back to cover him.

Finally playing RCB/LCB like they are different positions meaning he won't play Brooks & Gonzalez together... you know the only pure CB's we brought to the Gold Cup, while at the same time having Brooks bomb up the field like a Libero at times.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Maybe actually the players are bad

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

African AIDS cum posted:

Maybe actually the players are bad

That too. Chandler, Alvarado, Brooks, Johannsson, Bedoya, and basically everyone but Bradley and Dempsey are bad.

mang
Jul 21, 2015
john brooks scored against portugal

mang
Jul 21, 2015
wait no that was ghana

mang
Jul 21, 2015
john brooks on the 2018 wc team, not ghana happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

That too. Chandler, Alvarado, Brooks, Johannsson, Bedoya, and basically everyone but Bradley and Dempsey are bad.

jozy...

• Locked thread