Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

radintorov posted:

Then the most active faction is Ebonheart.
Most of us do have alts on the other factions, but if you want to reliably get into a goon group, then making an EP alt is recommended.

Yeah, I just talked to a buddy at work who plays, and he's with EP. Guess I'm recreating my character!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Lizard Pact best Pact. :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is there any viability in specializing in crafting or something? I'd love to advance without bothering too much with fighting/killing. I'm not even remotely against violence in videogames or anything like that, I just love the idea of advancing based on something other than fighting.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Sadly this works in mmo rules. Like, technically you could level from doing repeatable crafting writs, but all your actual xp comes from killing and questing, exploring, etc.

However, crafting is indeed amazing in this game, and it behooves characters to get good at it. Especially the minor ones, cooking and potioning.

E: actually, I forget, do we gain xp from crafting and salvaging, if only a bit?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aramek posted:

Sadly this works in mmo rules. Like, technically you could level from doing repeatable crafting writs, but all your actual xp comes from killing and questing, exploring, etc.

However, crafting is indeed amazing in this game, and it behooves characters to get good at it. Especially the minor ones, cooking and potioning.

E: actually, I forget, do we gain xp from crafting and salvaging, if only a bit?

Ok, I figured as much. I really like the idea of specialization, and not having every character be good at everything. Is there any MMO out there that did this right? I heard SWG had something like that, like if you decided to be a farmer, you ended up investing a ton of skill points into it that you couldn't be a fighter (Jedi Knight?) but anyone who was a knight couldn't even begin to be a farmer any time soon. I think that's kind of neat, and way more diverse than 'oh, just do whatever you want to do all the time.' I am glad that ESO doesn't seem to be a jack-of-all-trades sort of thing, if only a little bit.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Aramek posted:

Yes. Best to get w crafting buddy and just mail each other everything you make, you get more exp deconstructing things you don't make.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

If I have to save Stibbons one more drat time

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
I've been out of the loop for a few months, what is the Pact's go to PvP campaign now?

Gorreus
May 27, 2013

look into my eyes and say that
I was wondering if I could get an invite to the PS4 Ebonheart guild, my PSN is VanArgiano

Thanks!

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank

Tsarbomb posted:

I've been out of the loop for a few months, what is the Pact's go to PvP campaign now?

I am really confused by the PvP servers. Whenever I try to join a non veteran one it says they are all done. They have been that way since I bought the game like a month ago.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Chillrend is the current PC Ebonheart Goons campaign.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PvP servers don't matter right now, really. There's going to be changes in update 7, including the long awaited removal of PvE buffs.

Instead there will be servers dominated by a single faction purely for the sake of having access to the IC.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
So this is on sale on Steam today, I was wondering how the game population was? I know that big expansion came out 4 months ago but in MMO terms that's an eternity, don't want to buy into a dwindling game.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I just started playing this again on PS4 and I'm up to level 16 now. This game is pretty fun solo, but I had a great time with a random pubbie at the Banished Cells yesterday. Me and this other dude two manned the whole dungeon and he explained each boss battle thoroughly and pointed out chests for me to grab. I didn't have a mic in so I was jumping to communicate and it worked out pretty well! I don't really see anyone on anymore in the PS4 guild (LAM) and if I do they are usually way past my level. If any <20 dudes want to run around questing or something send me a message. PSN: Krojar

Also, lockpicking is the most poo poo thing in the entire game. I will never open a chest because when I mess up someone is always standing there to complete it with their ultimate lockpicking skills :smith:

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Gorreus posted:

I was wondering if I could get an invite to the PS4 Ebonheart guild, my PSN is VanArgiano

Thanks!

I invited you to the AD and EP guilds.

The Duke posted:

I just started playing this again on PS4 and I'm up to level 16 now. This game is pretty fun solo, but I had a great time with a random pubbie at the Banished Cells yesterday. Me and this other dude two manned the whole dungeon and he explained each boss battle thoroughly and pointed out chests for me to grab. I didn't have a mic in so I was jumping to communicate and it worked out pretty well! I don't really see anyone on anymore in the PS4 guild (LAM) and if I do they are usually way past my level. If any <20 dudes want to run around questing or something send me a message. PSN: Krojar

Also, lockpicking is the most poo poo thing in the entire game. I will never open a chest because when I mess up someone is always standing there to complete it with their ultimate lockpicking skills :smith:

I'll be around this weekend and have not done any group dungeon quests but would like to begin leveling undaunted. I'm V6 now so I should be able to steamroll through the lower level dungeons as long as you're the group leader. I don't mind running through the group dungeons multiple times to help you get some gear or experience. Public dungeons are cool as well, I know how they can empty out from time to time.

My PSN is NSASpyMachine, offer is open to anyone with an AD character.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Hi, can I get an invite to the PC guild? I'm a lizardman. Character name is Haerc

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

The Duke posted:

If any <20 dudes want to run around questing or something send me a message. PSN: Krojar

I'm level 13 but won't be on til Saturday. We'll see if you aren't 20 by then. PSN: Pootbarn

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Need an invite on PC to The Ebonheart Pact guild. Name is Less Than Masterpiece.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

If anyone's able to send an invite to a PC guild, my user ID is TheParkerLewis. Thanks!

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I don't keep track of game news and I couldn't find anything after a few minutes of googling but is the battle buff for people level 49 and under in Vet PvP that brings them up to the max level going to apply for everyone under the max level, not just non-VR? Because I'm having fun in Azura's Star but I'm afraid once I vet out I won't have the buff and get wrecked.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Update 7 is supposed to fix the Battle Leveling buff so that it will boost you up to stats comparable to a Veteran Rank 16 player. At the same time, opting into it means you will suffer reduced outgoing damage and healing, and reduced shield effectiveness.

Anyway, I'll be going to Quake-Con tomorrow and will more than likely con (heh) my way into the ZoS panel and will post major bullet points about stuff that ZoS promises to bring to ESO SoonTM

Or I will likely get kicked out and receive a lifetime ban for heckling Eric Wobler about his stupid changes to stamina regen while blocking during combat.

Tanreall posted:

Need an invite on PC to The Ebonheart Pact guild. Name is Less Than Masterpiece.

Parker Lewis posted:

If anyone's able to send an invite to a PC guild, my user ID is TheParkerLewis. Thanks!

Invites sent.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 24, 2015

Begath
Apr 27, 2012

Fish are stupid cause they can't climb trees.
Could I get an invite to xbone EP guild? I think you need my gamertag: FadeDeliverance

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Does this game get heavily discounted yet? I'm interested in buying it but I don't really want to spend over 35 bucks for it lol I thought I saw it for 15 a week or two ago, but haven't seen it less than 40 anywhere else!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Captn Kurp posted:

Does this game get heavily discounted yet? I'm interested in buying it but I don't really want to spend over 35 bucks for it lol I thought I saw it for 15 a week or two ago, but haven't seen it less than 40 anywhere else!

Yeah, it was $15 two days ago on GreenManGaming, during some sort of flash sale. I thought I had missed the deals two weeks ago (or last week), but caught it this time.

Definitely sign up for isthereanydeal.com and hopefully that'll let you know.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, it was $15 two days ago on GreenManGaming, during some sort of flash sale. I thought I had missed the deals two weeks ago (or last week), but caught it this time.

Definitely sign up for isthereanydeal.com and hopefully that'll let you know.

Thanks! Will do.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

socialsecurity posted:

So this is on sale on Steam today, I was wondering how the game population was? I know that big expansion came out 4 months ago but in MMO terms that's an eternity, don't want to buy into a dwindling game.

Not dwindling at all. In fact I still find myself bumping into random pubbies and forming groups, competing for crafting nodes, and having to wait for a 5 minute boss to respawn because he was downed so fast. The cities are crowded and the banks are so full of people selling/banking their poo poo that sometimes it's hard to make out the NPC banker. LFG slots get filled up lightning fast if advertised in zone chat. There are also plenty of lowbies/levelers, so you won't feel like a lone scrub in rags while 99% of the game idles in town in flashy endgame armor. I don't know if it's the B2P factor or what, but from my perspective the game seems to have a healthy and thriving population by MMO-not-named-WoW standards.

None of these are gripes, btw. While they can be a minor inconvenience, I've played enough MMOs over the years to know that it's way better to be in a world full of players than an empty, desolate wasteland.

(Note: This is only for PC, no idea about console)

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Yeah I got the Imperial Edition on Greenmangaming on the last day of their summer sale for $25, liking everything so far, I wanted this game when it first came out but hate sub fees.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

So, I made my first alt, a DK dps character, and holy moley it is different from my tank. I just hit level fifteen, and unlocking the weapon swap means I can be training even more skills. Absolutely loving charging in and unleashing fiery hell.

Is it worth it making set Gear on my main to send to my alt? Even something cheap and easy like Seducers would be great, but I doubt it is worth the repair bills.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Scyantific posted:

Eric Wobler

Just call the poor guy Stiffler, don't go halfway on it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Anyone have a low level PvP build? I find the PvE in this game to be boring and my current build is trash in PvP. I'm only level 10 so I don't mind starting over.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Aramek posted:

Is it worth it making set Gear on my main to send to my alt? Even something cheap and easy like Seducers would be great, but I doubt it is worth the repair bills.
It is. And there's no need to repair it: once it's broken, make a new set.
Besides, crafted gear is superior than what's dropped, so it can last you a while.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 24, 2015

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alright, let's try this again, I got the PC version on sale and could use an invite to the PC guild on @crashcat.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
GMG deal was sufficiently low enough that I was willing to try it, and I'm enjoying this so far. PC guild, @Coolwhoami

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Am I fine just doing whatever with skillpoints? Is there an easy way to respec or am I screwing myself?

I'm only level 9 I think, and have only put a few points in my class skills (Templar), and a couple of the resource spotting skills (ore and plants iirc).

Are there any skills that should be taken by everyone? I was eyeing the persuade and intimidate skills, but I could see how they might be less than optimal.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Haerc posted:

Am I fine just doing whatever with skillpoints? Is there an easy way to respec or am I screwing myself?

I'm only level 9 I think, and have only put a few points in my class skills (Templar), and a couple of the resource spotting skills (ore and plants iirc).

Are there any skills that should be taken by everyone? I was eyeing the persuade and intimidate skills, but I could see how they might be less than optimal.

It's very easy to respec, and is fairly cheap.

Persuade and intimidate are pretty worth it, considering how free the game gets with skill points.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Theyh're showing off IC on Bethesda's twitch stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

PvP AND PvE, six districts (Arena, Arboretum, Memorial, Elven Gardens, Temple, and Nobles). Sewers. New gear and stuff. Nothing that unfamiliar.

E: Tel Var stones are gained from killing creatures, and at least some will be lost if a player kills you.

They're finally adding Cross-Faction Dungeons.

Orsinium later this year.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will be pay-for next year (LOL)

And Scyantific got free crowns from his attendance, so a victory for goonhood!

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 24, 2015

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Mithross posted:

It's very easy to respec, and is fairly cheap.

Persuade and intimidate are pretty worth it, considering how free the game gets with skill points.

Good to know, thanks.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

My notes from the Panel:

quote:

New content every 12 weeks.

IC
Story based PvP. Close quarters
PVP Public Dungeon
IC based on Oblivion IC
Background fighting.
Books
White-Gold Tower
"Grievous Twilight" - New World Bosses
Alliance Armors

Goals
-Close Quarters Combat
-Wrap up Planemeld Storyline
-Iconic Landmark

PvE/PvP worldspace
Story driven content
Xivkyn - Molag Bal's elite soldiers
Tel Var Stones
Drop Sets, Craft Sets

Dungeons follow normal Dungeon rules. PvE only. Insta-fast travel to wayshrines.
Sewers: Massive 3-Level PvP Public Dungeon
6 districts. Each story driven

Story
Bal's last ditch effort at Planemeld

IC Prison
Lyranth's Return
Rescue Imperial Prisoners in exchange for killing Warden

W-G Tower
Tower melding into CH
Recover a scroll. Centerpiece to story.
Looks BADASS

PVP!!!!
IC is BUILT for PvP
Small group PvP
Spawnpoints in districts. Safe and elevated. Direct and concealed entrances.
Sewers are MASSIVE dungeon with PvP
Sweeper bosses
Xivkyn battles in sewers
Treasure Vaults

Stones
New currency
Drop from all PvE encounters
Daily quest rewards
Drop from players

Gear
V16 gear takes longer to get than V15
Can be crafted, PvE or PvP
12 new dungeon sets
6 in ICP, 6 in WGT
2 new Undaunted Helms
6 PvP sets
3 new Crafted sets
11 Reward Sets revamped
New craft materials
Purchase with Tel Var stones
New cosmeticsv
Soul-shriven skin
Portal Stone - warp to safe area
Prismatic Enchantment - increase all 3 stats

Armor sets
7 armor pieces
Jewelry mini sets
Less procs more enhancements
Lord Warden - Tank focused

Orsinium
TG/DB are DLC
Improve LFG
CROSS-FACTION PLAY
Subtitles
Controller Support for PC, including Console UI
Still removing VR
Overall, they did a decent job in getting me interested in the game again. ESPECIALLY with their plans for Cross-Faction PvE play.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Got the game off the GMG sale, looking for a guild invite EP PC @minorred.

I also had a question about runes. I'm finding a lot of the square and triangle? ones, but not the circles. Is that just bad luck or are they rarer?

MinorRed fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Update might have been worth it just for cross faction dungeons, that will instantly solve a lot of headaches and make cross faction guild able to do more content.

• Locked thread