Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Haha I completely forgot about that episode. I need to listen to that one again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Remember when everyone thought Aeon Flux was awesome and deep? It was a more innocent age. :allears:

Wait, what?

(checks Wikipedia)

...Holy poo poo. I had no idea. That's nuts.

Aeon Flux should be a loving stay tuned. That movie is something else.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

weekly font posted:

Aeon Flux should be a loving stay tuned. That movie is something else.
We should probably call it in. Either the movie or the TV show; they're both insane.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
This WHM camp mailbag went from funny to EN fast. Dear EN kids, stop sending mail to WHM, we want funny not stories about being broken humans.

Since I forgot to write in ill share my lame camp story here. I went to camp one year simply because it was a thing I saw in all the movies and tv shows and figured it was a thing to do as a normal American child. I had a good time and it was fun.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyberball 2072 posted:

This WHM camp mailbag went from funny to EN fast. Dear EN kids, stop sending mail to WHM, we want funny not stories about being broken humans.

Since I forgot to write in ill share my lame camp story here. I went to camp one year simply because it was a thing I saw in all the movies and tv shows and figured it was a thing to do as a normal American child. I had a good time and it was fun.

I have no idea what you're talking about, because I just remember Lucy and the camp counselor climbing into poo poo.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about, because I just remember Lucy and the camp counselor climbing into poo poo.

That 2nd one was great, the story after was long and about getting sent to Christian camp with a bully that was owed 2 dollars and it just went from there.

The Lucy story left a lot more questions than answers and it's a shame the show didn't pick up on "went to camp at age 16, not as a counselor"

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 21, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

That story about the "LARP camp" made me really uncomfortable. That dude is lucky to be alive.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel like being an EN poster would entail asking WHM to pay for his therapy bills or something

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I inexplicably watched this movie like a million times when I was 14, very excited for the ep

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chris noooooooooo. :smith:

That caught me out of nowhere. I'll miss him.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This explains why Jupin was randomly tweeting about how great Chris Cabin is a week or two ago.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Don't worry, Africa will never let him die.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Haha time of your life at the end.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
So was Shane West's character meant to be "Modern Day Warrior" Tom Sawyer?

I've been wanting WHM to do this forever.

Anyone called the request line yet?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

De Nomolos posted:

So was Shane West's character meant to be "Modern Day Warrior" Tom Sawyer?

I've been wanting WHM to do this forever.

Anyone called the request line yet?

I have! I should've written out what I wanted to say beforehand, I feel like I rambled a bit.

This is what I called in, by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEyFTyrh5-M

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I have! I should've written out what I wanted to say beforehand, I feel like I rambled a bit.

Man, I don't know why I like The Stupids so much. I have so much inexplicable goodwill toward Tom Arnold. I'll even defend Carpool a little.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I finally called in and suggested this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS6zbGPPL18. I've wanted them to do it for a few years but I never bothered calling it in, I just figured they'd get to it eventually what with their love of Caine.

I called in while I was pretty lit and I don't exactly remember what I said. I'm sure it's fine.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Ror posted:

Man, I don't know why I like The Stupids so much. I have so much inexplicable goodwill toward Tom Arnold. I'll even defend Carpool a little.

The man/bush monologue is genuinely clever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've called in three or four request months. Something different each time. This time it was Suburban Commando.

I really want them to do another Hogan movie.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
I'm torn between calling in Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (because just look at this poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bRH_dVye7A) or a Hulk Hogan movie.

Is Lawnmower Man the First not so bad it's amazing and not good enough to be a Hard Target-style classic? I'd suggest it otherwise, but I'm not sure anyone cares strongly about it in any way.

They've done a lot of Stephen King, but it's been a while.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
This year I won't be lazy and I will make the call for Brainscan.

It's got all the best WHM stuff.

-scene chewing who gives a gently caress villain

-90s best gift to man Ed furlong

-cyberthriller!

-we don't understand kids or tech panic!

-vidja games will make our kids killers!

-frank muhfuckin langella

http://youtu.be/QaRbBSeLkj4

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm tempted to call in and request Overboard (1987) again because it's perfect WHM fodder—it's basically like Blame it on Rio with how it's a seemingly lighthearted comedy that has an absolutely vile premise. I can only imagine how much fun they'd have with Kurt Russell's character alone.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

This year I won't be lazy and I will make the call for Brainscan.

It's got all the best WHM stuff.

Does it also have the oft-sought trait of "fun to watch" because that trailer just totally sold me on it

In the same genre of "cyber virtual reality thrillers [or something?] that could never exist outside the 90's", check out Evolver, which can be described with basically the same list as Brainscan except also add John de Lancie

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 22, 2015

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

DoombatINC posted:

Does it also have the oft-sought trait of "fun to watch" because that trailer just totally sold me on it

I haven't seen it since I was a teen, that's been one of the things holding me back from requesting, I can't remember if there's enough dumb fun or if that's just nostalgia tint. I think it has enough WTF going on to be a good beer and some buddies watch.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I called in East of Eden. I caught it at 3 am on HBO after a party one night a few months ago, and knew instantly it was WHM fodder. Failed attempts at comedy, a BDSM island, and Rosie O'donnell and Dan Akaroyd as bumbling detectives on said BDSM island.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Definitely calling in The Watcher, and Windows. Both would be PERFECT for WHM, The Watcher's just a piece of crap serial killer with James Spader not even trying in it, and Keanu dancing around and hitting on him, and Windows is one of those sleazy pre Guiliani New York movies that Jupin has professed to have a real soft spot for. Plus it's just the worst movie, it really is.
I called both of them in last year but I wasn't in the states, so I used Skype and I'm worried that they didn't go through. I seem to remember an official WHM tweet saying that the Watcher was a Stay Tuned though.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

That scene is pretty much just the Kids in the Hall sketch Seven Things To Do.

fingerpaint
Jan 9, 2014
I'm calling in Karate Dog. It is a film about a dog that is tragically cursed to turn into a computer rendering whenever he does martial arts, voiced by Chevy Chase, and trained by Pat Morita

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't believe Chris Cabin died in Africa.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I can't believe Chris Cabin died in Africa.

RIPD Chris Cabin, succumbed to the temptation of the doritachip

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I called in "The Manitou", a crazy 1970s possession horror movie about a lady with a reborn ancient shaman growing as a fetus on her neck. It's been growing (har har) in popularity recently, and I actually talked with Jupin about it after their live show.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

fingerpaint posted:

I'm calling in Karate Dog. It is a film about a dog that is tragically cursed to turn into a computer rendering whenever he does martial arts, voiced by Chevy Chase, and trained by Pat Morita

I own this film, on DVD. I will mail it to them so they can do an episode on it. It's horrible.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

bobservo posted:

I'm tempted to call in and request Overboard (1987) again because it's perfect WHM fodder—it's basically like Blame it on Rio with how it's a seemingly lighthearted comedy that has an absolutely vile premise. I can only imagine how much fun they'd have with Kurt Russell's character alone.
Yes, do it, this sounds perfect. I've been waiting for another Mrs. Doubtfire episode.

Definitely remember getting weird vibes from this movie's premise when I watched it as a kid.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jul 22, 2015

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

fingerpaint posted:

The best part of Karate Dog is Jon Voight giving a completely manic performance, often while wearing a kimono.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

Yes, do it, this sounds perfect. I've been waiting for another Mrs. Doubtfire episode.

Definitely remember getting weird vibes from this movie's premise when I watched it as a kid.

It's basically Kurt Russel kidnapping an amnesiac Goldie Hawn because she was *rude* to him once, then torturing/raping her (along with the collusion of his buddies and children) until she believes the lie. It's a loving beginning-to-end nightmare that I'd love to see them tear apart.

I also saw this movie like 50 times as a child because HBO/TBS played the living poo poo out of it in the late '80s/early '90s.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobservo posted:

It's basically Kurt Russel kidnapping an amnesiac Goldie Hawn because she was *rude* to him once, then torturing/raping her (along with the collusion of his buddies and children) until she believes the lie. It's a loving beginning-to-end nightmare that I'd love to see them tear apart.

I also saw this movie like 50 times as a child because HBO/TBS played the living poo poo out of it in the late '80s/early '90s.

I believe they mentioned it one of the Larry the Cable Guy riffs.

They assumed it was the only way Larry's character would get married to a normal and functional woman.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I called in for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqe7jD7J5c

which is a personal favorite party film of mine. It's really loving dumb, packed with action and it's only 1:30:00, which helps a lot! I wish I could have put the trailer in my call, because look at that poo poo it's glorious

I think my call was poo poo tho :ohdear:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ill be calling in Vibrations every Listener Request Month until the day I die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S6b7_Z404

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Just found out about this movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316465

Really tempted to call it in but from what I've seen, it's probably too slow paced but its Cuba Gooding Junior going full retard.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 24, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012
That movie seems like too much of a hornet's nest for them to cover anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think American Carol might be good, but it'd probably just be an hour and thirty minutes of them getting angry at the movie's stupid stupid worldview.