Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
king gorilla, mr monday, dr septupus, white noise, and tiny attorney are all dead for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Sash! posted:

Action Man is almost certainly dead, because they buried him.

Huh? When did that happen?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
He's thinking of not-antman.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Lesseehere

Dead and probably staying that way:
Scamp
Speedy
That football player Brock killed
Wonder Boy #3? (the one the Monarch killed, I mean)
Major Thom
Edgar Allen Poe
Manservant
The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
The Mighty Manotaur
Molotov's dad
Nien Nunb
All those Old Sphinx guys
Mommy Long-Legs (and a few some other 13ers I'm forgetting)
Cardholder and Doe
All those random rear end OSI dorks Molotov killed
The investors
The pteranadon and crab monster Hank killed
Boggles the Clue Clown
Doc's therapist
The fallout shelter cargo cult

Deadish:
Torrid?
Guardo
The Perfict Man????
Wisdom, Lady Nightshade, and Chuck
The Sovereign (probably not David Bowie though)

Got Better:
Hank and Dean
Girl Hitler, Manic 8-ball, and Catclops
The reanimated hippies
Col. Venture (we were supposed to think Sandau killed him, but he didn't)
Ghost Robot (shouldn't have been too surprising, really)
The kid the gorilla killed (well...)
A couple of the fake ghost pirates

Plus lots of henchmen, foot soldiers, interns and other expendable underlings, but they don't count if they don't have a name.

I'm sure there's still more we're forgetting. This show has so many characters.

E: Oh, and the Moppets probably ain't coming back.

Duckbox fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jul 23, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Action Man is so not-dead that he's the guy who buried Dr. Entmann. And then pissed on him.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
King Gorilla's dead too.

Also Orpheus told Action man he had two years until he died of a stroke in the first season.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Dr Venture destroying Venture Industries one bit at a time would be a great arc for the season. Especially if every time it gets bandaided only to all fall apart spectacularly in the finale.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fellbat posted:

He's thinking of not-antman.

Yes, that's what happens when I do stuff when I should be asleep

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

ChairMaster posted:

Also Orpheus told Action man he had two years until he died of a stroke in the first season.
Wasn't that retconned into his wife dying?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
"The fallout shelter cargo cult" - are you sure? He didn't seem to kill them, I assumed he just left them there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

"The fallout shelter cargo cult" - are you sure? He didn't seem to kill them, I assumed he just left them there.

When the missile launched, that almost certainly incinerated anyone down there. Or most of them, at least.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

When the missile launched, that almost certainly incinerated anyone down there. Or most of them, at least.

I agree. When Doc is talking to White about them, he's using the past tense, and I always took that to mean that they were blah blah blah, but they are now ash.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Sash! posted:

Yes, that's what happens when I do stuff when I should be asleep

What's funny though is you also listed not-antman :).

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Poor doctor sea cow :(

Doctor DUgong!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I have a tank full of gentle cuttlefish!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Doctor DUgong!

Douglas Ong, Dr. Dugong!!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

bull3964 posted:

What's funny though is you also listed not-antman :).

Yeah, I don't know what was going on in my head, but I definitely fell asleep with the lights on and the laptop on my lap

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Boggles is definitely dead and it annoys me I can't find a clip from his funeral online

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Dazerbeams posted:

How much thalidomide did your mom take?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose posted:

Boggles is definitely dead and it annoys me I can't find a clip from his funeral online

:argh: HE WAS ALWAYS WRONG!

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/r-i-p-boggles/

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

Douglas Ong, Dr. Dugong!!

I always thought it was Douglas R Dugong -> D.R. Dugong!

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Are you insinuating that he's not really a doctor? For shame!

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

Sash! posted:

Exactly! We don't even know if the three deadest people on the show (Jonas Venture, Monarch's Dad, and Monarch's Mom) are actually dead.

Here's a list of people we know died:

Phantom Limb (never spoken, but there were literally pieces of him all over Cremation Creek, so it made sense)

Who else died on or nearly on screen? A good third of the people that died, turns out, weren't dead.

I see 44 new posts in the thread, get excited because I think it might have some news about Season 6, and then:

Siamang fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 23, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Are these they?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Haha, that was great.

They're really good at writing banter during tense scenes, aren't they. Scenes like the one the thread title is taken from!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Dazerbeams posted:

GIVE US- uggghhh,*sigh*, GIVE US THE CUTTLEFISH!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

prefect posted:

God drat.

I guess that explains why they were easily able to provide MUTHER with an endless pile of Jonas Sr. tapes to keep her busy.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

God drat.

I guess that explains why they were easily able to provide MUTHER with an endless pile of Jonas Sr. tapes to keep her busy.

I didn't see an endless pile. It's likely they gave her one, to watch over and over and over and over again....

(Leave it to the Venture Bros. to make the viewer feel sorry for a maniacal artificial intelligence whose first response to being denied something that's impossible is to start World War III.)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

prefect posted:

I'm pretty sure it showed then being enveloped by white-hot rocket flames. They were literally right next to it!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm pretty sure it showed then being enveloped by white-hot rocket flames. They were literally right next to it!

MAKE US CLEAN AGAIN!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Firestarter guy was so lovingly crafted.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
THE NOZZLE IS CALIBRATING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMM0lRfX6YI

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Sash! posted:

The Firestarter guy was so lovingly crafted.

I'm trapped down here with a confessed arsonist.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does anyone have a good shot of St Cloud's house with all his collection? We're making fun of Ernest Cline again and I said he probably lives in a place like that, because his life is completely empty other than 80s pop culture.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

twistedmentat posted:

Does anyone have a good shot of St Cloud's house with all his collection? We're making fun of Ernest Cline again and I said he probably lives in a place like that, because his life is completely empty other than 80s pop culture.

who's Ernest Cline?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

who's Ernest Cline?

Remember when you were kid, and thought it would be cool to be in your videogames? He is a man who writes exclusive that, at the level you would imagine.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Fellbat posted:

Remember when you were kid, and thought it would be cool to be in your videogames? He is a man who writes exclusive that, at the level you would imagine.

You mean he's F. X. Nine?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
He's an author whose books are a thin frame upon which he heaps nothing but '80's references. No paragraph is complete without fifty percent of it being completely obvious and spelled out references. Especially if it seems dubious that the characters in question based on when they were born would even give half a poo poo about the 80's.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

drrockso20 posted:

who's Ernest Cline?

He did some funny standup just making nerd jokes:
http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/When_I_Was_A_Kid-Ernie_Cline.mp3

But it sounds like stretching out material that was good for 3-5 minutes into a whole book or movie didn't turn out too well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
His books are an effort to complete the following question "How can I make kids today care about 80s poo poo I care about?". Presenting them a world where everythings high tech but the problems can only be solved by 80s pop culture references. He also presents the most dad rock middle of the road music has the heavist poo poo ever. In his second book, he describes the beat of Another one bites the dust as a "machine gun". Plus his references are shallow as hell. He never references anything that anyone aware of nerd stuff wouldn't be aware of already. Wow someone wished him "may the force be with you", wow that's such a deep and edgy reference! Basically, its the opposite of the Venture Bros, where references feel organic, and also work even if you don't know what they are about. Or they are something that character would say.

http://i.imgur.com/WWNCxgQ.jpg

He's only the second nerdiest person in that picture