Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Tangentially, laned Ekko mid against Galio and wow. He's... Really durable I guess? Also his ult is extremely annoying. Did alright against him in lane though, despite some early mistakes due to having never had to lane against Galio before, but anyone have any advice for dealing with him in the future, in the off chance I happen to encounter another one?

Galio is the equivalent of Rammus or Taric for magic damage. He gets free AP for building MR, bonus MR and healing from his W and his ult taunts and has damage reduction. Unless you get way ahead you're not going to have a lot of luck taking him down with any magic damage based champ. Your best bet is to just farm safely until you get to a point where you can effectively roam and go win a different lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

An outplay you can try for (although it might be difficult if you haven't played against him much) is to cast your stun field on yourself if you suspect he's about to ult. Stunning him during his ult cancels the channel early, reducing the amount of damage his ult does.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazy Larry posted:

Galio is the equivalent of Rammus or Taric for magic damage. He gets free AP for building MR, bonus MR and healing from his W and his ult taunts and has damage reduction. Unless you get way ahead you're not going to have a lot of luck taking him down with any magic damage based champ. Your best bet is to just farm safely until you get to a point where you can effectively roam and go win a different lane.

I managed to kill him a few times as the game went on, but outside of things like my passive procs, E, and ultimate, it seemed like nothing was having any effect, so yeah, that all makes sense.

Killed By Death posted:

An outplay you can try for (although it might be difficult if you haven't played against him much) is to cast your stun field on yourself if you suspect he's about to ult. Stunning him during his ult cancels the channel early, reducing the amount of damage his ult does.

That's a good idea, and similar to what I've been doing for things like when I think Katarina's coming in for an ult. Would be a bit more tricky since if get ulted before the W then that's it, but that's better than nothing. And interrupting that nasty ult would be pretty great. Thanks for the tips, both of you.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1895288589/42344064?tab=overview

Is this the secret MF build?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Azzents posted:

A few people have been getting it, me included. Just wait it out for a few minutes and everything should unfuck itself.

Then you might get the problem of a completely back homepage where you're unable to enter the event.

This is a great patch.

Oh thank christ I thought my computer itself realized I was coming back to MOBAs and acted against it to save me

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

I had a MF build Black Cleaver first and wreck with it, but every MF I've played with since the patch has gotten huge and I think she might just be really good right now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

BT/TF is my new fave MF build for early spike and a strut that can't be disabled with new shield but IE spikes her Q if I'm right, I believe it's working as a crit if you cs with it but I haven't tested it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

That's probably my favorite set of MF items. I played her last night and she doesn't really feel much different to me than the old version (which was still pretty good). E is a better one-point wonder now because of the huge base slow value, but the rest of her kit doesn't feel much different.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
black cleaver stacking was popular on miss fortune back when you could instantly remove all armor from all enemy champs with her ult

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I'm not sure less, more condensed UI is good UI.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I had a stupid idea. Since GP's barrels are a pretty nice AoE burst, couldn't he TECHNICALLY be viable for clearing jungle camps now?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Couldn't you jungle gangplank before anyway?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

I'm not sure less, more condensed UI is good UI.

Now that I've played a few games with it, I like it. Having all my stats in a little panel is really nice now that I'm starting to know what the symbols mean without having to mouse over them, and having enemy death timers without hitting tab is nice, as is being able to see the cooldown on my ally's ultimates.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I had a stupid idea. Since GP's barrels are a pretty nice AoE burst, couldn't he TECHNICALLY be viable for clearing jungle camps now?

canada jezus posted:

ya jungle gp was an accepted thing that people did for years. his clear was slow but his ganks were pretty good if the laners had cc because of his passive and raise morale. and having gp on your team is always a great thing.experiment with it for sure its probably going to bear fruit

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

canada jezus posted:

I used to see that every now and then before the jungle revamp. His ganks were okay with the passive slow on Q and the movespeed boost with his E but I don't think he had especially good jungle clear.

^^ Bleh, beaten

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Black cleaver mf isn't good you might as well get a triforce

She doesn't scale well with armor pen since a lot of her dmg is magic that scales with ad . Pretend like I posted that amused and confused black guy with ??? Next to his face

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Jungle GP on my first go this patch was slow as poo poo until a lot of points in barrels. The ganks are on par with old GP (loving terrible) but he can chase a bit better with dropping barrels and shooting them while running. Still think his laning is where he's gonna shine because he still needs a shitload gold to do stuff

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

quote:

Everyone talking about Jungle GP

Well, gave it a shot. I was looking for something neat to do in jungle, and Jungle GP sure is something neat, although he gets his upgrade to his cannons really slowly thanks to less lane farming.

I was playing Tahm Kench jungle before and I have to say, Riot released a fantastic AP jungler as a support. The first clear is BRUTAL (I wouldn't even take red buff and grab something else you can devour instead), but after that first initial clear, you can eat people, both figuratively and literally. That % magic damage on his devour is MASSIVE, even at late game, and if you get a Sated Devourer, you can put stacks on people twice as fast to eat them twice as fast, and it also double-applies the % your health extra damage boost from your ult.

fishception fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 23, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Darth Windu posted:

Black cleaver mf isn't good you might as well get a triforce

She doesn't scale well with armor pen since a lot of her dmg is magic that scales with ad . Pretend like I posted that amused and confused black guy with ??? Next to his face

The screen shot guy posted she had both of those things. Go look at his build.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Just popping in here to say it is hilarious that GP is especially worse in the fancy new pirate aram map because his dumb "collect special coins" gimmick makes his ult never get an upgrade and stay poo poo the whole time.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Libertine posted:

The screen shot guy posted she had both of those things. Go look at his build.

Do the mvspd passives stack if not whats the point??? My thing with her not scaling as hard on armor shred still stands unless I guess you have a lot of AD on your team

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

Do the mvspd passives stack if not whats the point??? My thing with her not scaling as hard on armor shred still stands unless I guess you have a lot of AD on your team

None of it is the point. The point is that Reaving and Cleaving with a Triforce is awesome.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
gowby you seem to be unaware that miss sarah fortune is well known for her cleave

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

gowby you seem to be unaware that miss sarah fortune is well known for her cleave

Fair enough mates

Also

Camouflage (Passive) [ Text changed:]
"If Teemo stands still for 1.5 seconds, he becomes stealthed.
While in brush: Teemo sets up his camouflage twice as fast and can move around without breaking his stealth.
Upon breaking camouflage by attacking or moving, Teemo gains the Element of Surprise, increasing his attack speed by X% for 3 seconds."
Move Quick (W) [!]
Noxious Trap (R) : [Need to confirm these in-game]
"Uses a stored mushroom to toss a trap that detonates if an enemy steps on it, spreading poison to nearby enemies that slows Movement Speed by 30/40/50% and deals 200/325/450 (+0.5) magic damage over 4 seconds. This slow decays over time.

Traps last 5 minutes and take 1.5 seconds to arm and stealth. If a thrown trap lands on another trap, it will bounce up to 3/4/5 Teemos further before planting.

Teemo forages for a mushroom every seconds, but he is only big enough to carry 3 at once."
now says "toss a trap" instead of "place a trap". has new text reading "If a thrown trap lands on another trap, it will bounce up to 3/4/5 Teemos further before planting."
Trap duration also potentially lowered to 5 minutes from 10 minutes.
Slow also now listed as decays over time.
Place Range increased to 300 from 230

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wow. Top Lane Teemo is gonna be a poo poo.

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

Can you bounce them off more than one mushroom?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

DemonToadGoat posted:

Can you bounce them off more than one mushroom?

Holy poo poo, someone needs to do a bouncing mushroom chain all the way to the enemy base.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
As a terrible human being who loves playing Teemo I am EXTREMELY EXCITED about these changes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Teemo is one of the most obnoxious champions in the game and they decided to buff him?

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Flameingblack posted:

Teemo is one of the most obnoxious champions in the game and they decided to buff him?

Up next on Riot hates their playerbase; buffs to shaco and nidalee!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
wait why does Teemo need a buff? He's pretty solid, isn't he?

I fear for normals.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I think it's time to finally buy the Teemo legendary skin.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Bholder posted:

I think it's time to finally buy the Teemo legendary skin.

Which one?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Azzents posted:

Up next on Riot hates their playerbase; buffs to shaco and nidalee!!

Naw gently caress that, you mean BUGS to shaco and nidalee. Invisible spear bug auto-enabled for every single spear every game, who's ready for it?

DreadNite
Nov 12, 2013
I have to say, this new map color is really annoying.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Transient People posted:

Naw gently caress that, you mean BUGS to shaco and nidalee. Invisible spear bug auto-enabled for every single spear every game, who's ready for it?
you mean it isn't already?

Also someone fixed the Fiora splash and apparently Riot claims they can't go back to her old hairstyle because it's "too much work" or some poo poo.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

The sound of infinite Teemos laughing

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol the rank 3 range on mushroom is 900 units + more on bounce...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vitUUTYJXu4

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

The bouncing looks fun but not that good, the extended range is horrifying :stonk:

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
oh, the bouncing is huge. teemo's baron control used to be predicated on having control of the pit long enough to set up a minefield. with this change teemo can mine all the baron river bushes and choke points starting blue or red side without any vision at all, risk-free.

• Locked thread