Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Snowmankilla posted:

I am loving this poo poo. Any advice? I can get to the 60s and stall out. Don't have the money do deploy all my gold cards.

Most of the cards are worthless. Build 1 bunny in the second to right bottom row of the 2x4 area. Wait a few turns for it to level up then put spiders at the back of those rows and fill the other 5 slots with beavers, put jillys in the back 3 lanes, a dandelion in the middle of the front 3 lane. Always combine potions up to gold rank and only drink them on your rabbit. put a frozen 2 set on the dandelion and the lower row spider. Ignore all blue and gold towers, they are gold sinks with no value. Replace the bunny with a balu the bear when it becomes avail, put a knushexe in the front right spot of the first 3 lane. Replace a beaver with manitou. Put a withered 2 set on the dandelion to go with the frozen 2 set. Gradually replace damage items with crit damage items on your balu as he gets to around level 60 and the dmage potions start to stack up.

Its probably the most formulaic tower defense I have ever played once I worked out what was going on. There really is only 1 winning strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
My gems invite code is evilelmo

If there is space!

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Am I doing this right?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kheldarn posted:

Twitter superstar Pakalu Papito now has a game: Camel Ride.

Games based on twitter. Shut down Google Play now!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

vulturesrow posted:

Should i waste materials awakening N level guys?

e: I'm very leery of using stones on pulls thanks to my days of playing PAD. Actually this game kinda makes me want to play PAD again.

Why wouldn't you want to use stones for pulls? I don't stick with this genre very long because some games like this are dense as hell, but considering I've cleared story mode on Normal, I guess I'm doing okay. I generally sit around 0 stones and I'm swimming in SR. Spend that poo poo! That's what it's there for!

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Any other games I should be playing than the 3 being mentioned all the time? Timer based games would be awesome while I'm on break at work.

I've been wasting a lot of time with Merchant. It's free with no IAP.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Potsticker posted:

PAD at least doesn't have lovely puzzling. On the other hand, the power bloat is even worse than when I stopped playing. I reinstalled, saw I had a ton of stuff waiting to be levelled so I could get skill ups and was like "nope!"

I reinstalled PAD too, and it looks like they've made a few things less grindy. Yesterday, I saw that the Wednesday daily dungeon had a note of "2x drop is permanent now", and during the event that was running through last weekend, the skill-up bonus was 2.5x, which I'd never seen before. And Pengdra evolution doesn't require jewel dragons anymore, just a single dragon seed :eyepop:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I reinstalled PAD too, and it looks like they've made a few things less grindy. Yesterday, I saw that the Wednesday daily dungeon had a note of "2x drop is permanent now", and during the event that was running through last weekend, the skill-up bonus was 2.5x, which I'd never seen before. And Pengdra evolution doesn't require jewel dragons anymore, just a single dragon seed :eyepop:

To be precise, R G B pengdras require a dragon plant, though that's much easier to acquire now that coin dungeons exist. (The Dragon Plant coin dungeon will drown you in them, and with the changes to the Weekend dungeon gold for it is also plentiful.) Other player-friendly changes include coin dungeons in general, the Tamadra Retreat dungeon every couple of weeks as a source for awakenings, and the biggest of all being its stamina timer being cut in half to five minutes.

Skill-up rates still suck, though.

Gems of War: Confirmed, Arena souls are affected by costumes. A full run just netted me 2250 gold and 500 souls, so if I invest in the cheap souls armor and do it again that'd be 600. I believe they phrase it the way they do (Battles, Quests, Challenges only) to make it clear that it doesn't affect purchasing those with gems.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

delfin posted:

To be precise, R G B pengdras require a dragon plant, though that's much easier to acquire now that coin dungeons exist. (The Dragon Plant coin dungeon will drown you in them, and with the changes to the Weekend dungeon gold for it is also plentiful.) Other player-friendly changes include coin dungeons in general, the Tamadra Retreat dungeon every couple of weeks as a source for awakenings, and the biggest of all being its stamina timer being cut in half to five minutes.

Skill-up rates still suck, though.

There's also the stamina overflow if you spend a stone to restore stamina, which means that you never waste stamina by stoning even if you're a long way from the next "milestone" stamina level.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Antifreeze Head posted:

I've been wasting a lot of time with Merchant. It's free with no IAP.

Thanks dude I'll check it out

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Byolante posted:

Most of the cards are worthless. Build 1 bunny in the second to right bottom row of the 2x4 area. Wait a few turns for it to level up then put spiders at the back of those rows and fill the other 5 slots with beavers, put jillys in the back 3 lanes, a dandelion in the middle of the front 3 lane. Always combine potions up to gold rank and only drink them on your rabbit. put a frozen 2 set on the dandelion and the lower row spider. Ignore all blue and gold towers, they are gold sinks with no value. Replace the bunny with a balu the bear when it becomes avail, put a knushexe in the front right spot of the first 3 lane. Replace a beaver with manitou. Put a withered 2 set on the dandelion to go with the frozen 2 set. Gradually replace damage items with crit damage items on your balu as he gets to around level 60 and the dmage potions start to stack up.

Its probably the most formulaic tower defense I have ever played once I worked out what was going on. There really is only 1 winning strategy.

This is amazing. Thanks! Nothing on the second to back 3?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Evil Vin posted:

Am I doing this right?

Yes?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Snowmankilla posted:

This is amazing. Thanks! Nothing on the second to back 3?

I was unclear, you fill both the back tweo 3 lanes with the jillys

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Someone did that thing you guys wanted with the Gacha games: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619

Go back to talking about Tap Titans or Adventure Capitalist or Angry Birds or whatever the gently caress you're playing these days.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

[I also crossposted this in IYG]

A variety of games seem to be going on sale on the Play Store as a summer sale promotion. It's not quite Steam Summer Sale level yet, but there are some gems in there:

Monument Valley - $0.99
Republique (episode 1) - $0.99
Hitman Go - $0.75
Tomb Raider I - $0.10

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/23/9025725/google-play-summer-game-sale-2015

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...nball-and-more/

If you haven't paid money for Monument Valley, shame on you.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's a fantastic price for Monument Valley and I encourage anyone who hasn't given it a look before to do so and even if you're on the fence it's certainly worth a buck.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
When does the 15-minute refund window start? Because for some loving reason Hitman Go says it's going to take 2 hours to download on an 80 Mbps connection.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hope Final Fantasy Tactics goes on sale in this sale. Would make a perfect road game.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

hooah posted:

When does the 15-minute refund window start? Because for some loving reason Hitman Go says it's going to take 2 hours to download on an 80 Mbps connection.

It's two hours now, I think.

Don't get tomb raider it plays like poo poo with touch controls, buy definitely get hitman go if you haven't already

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Evil Vin posted:

Am I doing this right?

I think so.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
Is VEGA Conflict worth it and have goons formed an alliance in it?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

EvilElmo posted:

My gems invite code is evilelmo

If there is space!

Sent

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
My gems invite code is dub c, if there's space.

Because I have to have annoying to work with names in games. :v:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I can probably boot an inactive

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Adventure game remake Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - 20th Anniversary Edition is out on the Play Store.

Also Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is out today, which is great news because I loving loved the game on XBLA.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 24, 2015

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Coffeehitler posted:

My gems invite code is dub c, if there's space.

Because I have to have annoying to work with names in games. :v:
MEGARULE

MEGARULE

Also, I sent the invite. We had room.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's free?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Len posted:

It's free?

The first chapter is free, with the remaining 3 chapters IAPs, costing $11 in total.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

MEGARULE

MEGARULE

Also, I sent the invite. We had room.

Shows 25/25.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Evil Vin posted:

Am I doing this right?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hooah posted:

they increased the time limit, it's more than 15 minutes now. but I'm not sure if goog ever confirmed what the new limit is

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Lutha Mahtin posted:

they increased the time limit, it's more than 15 minutes now. but I'm not sure if goog ever confirmed what the new limit is

Two hours.

Also the refund window starts once the game is installed on your device from the Play Store. This means that any time spent on additional downloads from within the game itself counts as part of the 2 hour grace period.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 24, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I ended up drafting a Black Beast and decided to go hog wild with it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
GTA: Chinatown Wars and DuckTales Remastered are both on sale for 99 cents, which might make up for the fact that both games also have fairly atrocious touch controls (though both also do support Bluetooth controllers, and at least GTA's touch controls can be customized).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jul 24, 2015

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Some cool puzzlers on there as well. Anyone played the Batman game? Mixed reviews online.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

Two hours.

Also the refund window starts once the game is installed on your device from the Play Store. This means that any time spent on additional downloads from within the game itself counts as part of the 2 hour grace period.

If a game uses a built in downloader its probably poo poo since they could use the play store to host the files too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

big mean giraffe posted:

If a game uses a built in downloader its probably poo poo since they could use the play store to host the files too.

Yeah this is my absolute biggest loving peeve with any games when it comes to mobile gaming, I dunno if it happens for ios users too or not.

Especially when they don't list the real file size on the god damned page and you end up downloading a gig or more.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I've had pretty sick luck with pulls in DBZ Doki Doki Panic, managed to put together some pretty fun teams. Probably spent more than I should have on pulls, but oh well, I'll get my money's worth with how much I'm messing with it. The team-building is pretty cool.

My main team is Saiyans/Ginyu/a robot featuring the event SR Vegeta, the R Pilaf Fusion Machine the SR Burter (AGI), Recoome (PHY), Nappa(TEQ) and the R Jeice (STR). Jeice is REALLY good Z-Awakened. +1000 attack if he goes first and even better if I get Burter to go first. Tough as Nails and Brutal Beatdown tie Nappa and the Pilaf Robot in with the Ginyu guys. Almost any set of 3 here has good links. I wish the SR AGI Goku I had fit in better, but he has no Saiyan links, so he's basically stuck on Z-Warrior teams, which is lame

I also built a respectable World Tournament Reborn team. This is led by a R AGI Videl that I Z-Awakened, with the Z-Awakened N Hercule (INT), Jewel (TEQ), Killa (STR), and Pintar (AGI). Also that PHY Recoome because I needed a PHY guy and why not Recoome? Z-Awakening's type modifications cover a lot of the gap left by these guys being mostly R*.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Any particularly good mathy puzzle games around, vaguely similar to SquareLogic or Hexcells? Basically something without a lose state where I can stare at a bunch of numbers blanky for a few minutes at a time. Free or Pay is fine, as long as it works okay on a small-ish screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Any particularly good mathy puzzle games around, vaguely similar to SquareLogic or Hexcells? Basically something without a lose state where I can stare at a bunch of numbers blanky for a few minutes at a time. Free or Pay is fine, as long as it works okay on a small-ish screen.

Sixcells is a functional clone of Hexcells and the guy who made Hexcells gave it his blessing. I haven't personally tried it (I got way burned out on Hexcells because I played all three games in a row).