Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
dont give up gamer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
I found for the Keeper in the Defiled chalice that if I just went hard with the beast claws, she didn't seem to be able to break out of it to hit me, I just had to make sure to get the hell out when my stamina was gone.

Defiled Carbon Dog though, I don't know, that's some poo poo. I need to get better at the hit and run on him, I just can't reliably do it enough to live through that

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
defiled keeper of the old lords

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

high level keeper of the old lords can just break out of combos whenever she feels like it with an extremely fast swing and it's infuriating

man she is really loving hard when she can oneshot you and has 50 million hp. im stuck. thats it. i cant proceed in these chalice dungeons anymore

she can be a pain but she can be cheesed pretty easily. If you get one parry off on her, all you need to do is walk up to her as she's getting up, hit hit parry. She will always do an unstaggerable backstep + swing after getting hit twice, which is easily parried. Just repeat this process and you can prevent her from getting a single hit off

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Finally beat that loving bloodletting-beast... Now, only one boss stands between me and platinum.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

she can be a pain but she can be cheesed pretty easily. If you get one parry off on her, all you need to do is walk up to her as she's getting up, hit hit parry. She will always do an unstaggerable backstep + swing after getting hit twice, which is easily parried. Just repeat this process and you can prevent her from getting a single hit off

actually, i found out about glyph chalice dungeons and now im just doing that lmao. ill come back to that later. i dont deal half the loving damage that dude dealt in the video and its because ive had horrible luck with blood gems, im still walking around with level 3-4 cursed bloodgems

the great iz chalice you get from daughter of cosmos is incredible because it's a ~depth 5~ chalice but it's full of the most basic enemies that give you like 10k souls each and drop high level bloodgems and the minibosses are just brainsuckers. the first boss is another brainsucker and the second boss is celestial emissary. i think the third will be another daughter of cosmos which is also easy as hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the bloodletting beast couldnt hit me once and neither can big fire dog, the big dudes are all really easy for me but holy poo poo gently caress flamelurker v.2, that abhorrent beast thing, gently caress that. its hitboxes are wonky and it does this bullshit sideswipe when he's supposed to open gently caress. took me like 12 tries

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think the third will be another daughter of cosmos which is also easy as hell

:stare:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

stay close and hit with big hammer. she doesnt do anything and she even gets stunned every few hits and lets you visceral

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

stay close and hit with big hammer. she doesnt do anything and she even gets stunned every few hits and lets you visceral

I died on daughter more than any other boss combined I think

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I died the most... on blood starved beast lol

Then I learned how2play

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I died like 20-30 times to vicar amelia the first time through and yet have never died to gehrmann :shrug:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

high level keeper of the old lords can just break out of combos whenever she feels like it with an extremely fast swing and it's infuriating

man she is really loving hard when she can oneshot you and has 50 million hp. im stuck. thats it. i cant proceed in these chalice dungeons anymore

heres the strategy - shoot it from just outside of its reach, and then shoot it again straight away. almost all of the time it does 2 counter hits and youll parry one of them/.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I died the most... on blood starved beast lol

Then I learned how2play

did u see my vid where i beat it without dodging lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just read that in NG+ absolutely nothing changes about enemy placement and stuff. that sucks rear end :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

just read that in NG+ absolutely nothing changes about enemy placement and stuff. that sucks rear end :(

yeah it's kind of a bummer. I think the only thing that ds2 did better than ds1 was to make NG+ feel like almost a new experience, especially when they moved a boss completely out of its original arena. Moments like that were cool but I also understand just making NG+ the same design but harder.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to play the DLC.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I died on daughter more than any other boss combined I think

easily, i was stuck on her for a long time

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

I think so... you just walked at an angle right? lol

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

I want to play the DLC.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I think the stupidest a boss made me feel was when I fought a chalice Brainsucker [1st isz boss?] And he priority grabbed or stun magic'd me literally about 15 times in a row before I changed tactics, and it didn't ever do any threatening damage but all the animations took like 6 minutes

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

link?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

brainsucker and pretty much all of the "alien" enemies are super weak to thrust so stab em up

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

yeah it's kind of a bummer. I think the only thing that ds2 did better than ds1 was to make NG+ feel like almost a new experience, especially when they moved a boss completely out of its original arena. Moments like that were cool but I also understand just making NG+ the same design but harder.

I had an easier time NG+ it seemed like.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I was trying to R2 with the 1h LHB but the reach out hand attack kept pre-empting it. I did it over and over before just walking to the side :bang:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

what boss did they move out of its original arena

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706208&userid=176209&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post445967430 :-)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

what boss did they move out of its original arena

The spider boss ambushes you in the area with the tents and it scared the poo poo out of me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

The spider boss ambushes you in the area with the tents and it scared the poo poo out of me.

oooooo poo poo i remember that now. you could get a few hits in if uyo were sneaky and when you find it again in the actual arena the damage you did to it during the ambush would still be done

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

but any damage you dealt to it carried over to the boss fight itself I think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

but any damage you dealt to it carried over to the boss fight itself I think

Yah. It was a cool mechanic and it made me think how could it would be to have a monster hunter style optional boss in a souls game that runs around the world and you keep bumping into it in new places.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Yah. It was a cool mechanic and it made me think how could it would be to have a monster hunter style optional boss in a souls game that runs around the world and you keep bumping into it in new places.

There were numerous bosses in what I've played of bloodborne that made me think "why can't I climb on this thing and stab its face"

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

it sounded like that was the original idea behind the pursuer. you can kinda see it in how they added in like a dozen extra pursuer fights in scholar of the first sin. instead though its just that, a bunch of pursuers you kill instead of just the one and fighting him around the world

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

There were numerous bosses in what I've played of bloodborne that made me think "why can't I climb on this thing and stab its face"

U can visceral them, which involves stabbing their face

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ebrietas is fine until she does the laser attack and the tackle at the same time and youre completely trapped

now im doing lower loran and darkbeast is pissing me off because your dodge timing gets hosed up by the horrid framerate

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 24, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ebrietas is the boss that gave me the most trouble, and is easily one of my favorite bosses in the game

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hubris.height posted:

ebrietas is the boss that gave me the most trouble, and is easily one of my favorite bosses in the game

Same. Far from my favourite though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
abhorrent beast is my fav. heres me fighting it since y not. it onyl takes like 2 button presses to upload these clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhc5km8HrMg

its the story one and not the depth 5 cursed version but i can murk that one just fine too.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

abhorrent beast is my fav. heres me fighting it since y not. it onyl takes like 2 button presses to upload these clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhc5km8HrMg

its the story one and not the depth 5 cursed version but i can murk that one just fine too.

whatd you do to get that av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

whatd you do to get that av

its probably from posting a bunch of threads in gbs btu it could be from yospos or byob too