Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Bina posted:

My friend hasn't seen JoJo, and I keep telling her her pup looks like Iggy.

Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/41553

JJL 45 translation based on the cam raw. Could be missing or wrong at points. Some pretty big developments this month.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bina posted:

My friend hasn't seen JoJo, and I keep telling her her pup looks like Iggy.

But if she hasn't read it then why would you say that

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'your dog is the same breed of dog in this japanese series i like'

'what'

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

'your dog is the same breed of dog in this japanese series i like'

'what'

drat! gently caress!!! Wow!!!!!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Goons are weird.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"I really like Metallica."

"Ha ha that's my favorite stand too."

"What."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I do the Caesar hand in face pose at everyone I pass on the street in the hopes they'll do Joseph and we'll be the coolest kids on the block.

0 replies, 6 stabbings so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=204672#p204672

Information from JoJolion tankobon 10 by Hi Wa Mata Noboru's translator.

Speed King "still has hidden abilities" (the friction thing is nonsense apparently). Jobin for last boss is looking more likely.

e: typos

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 21, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

did i miss when joubin's stand was named because i don't remember it being named

e: nevermind, missed that it was stated in other stuff

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was named in tankobon 10.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

apparently the stand's range is a maximum of 10 centimeters

what the almighty gently caress can that stand entirely do

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Imagine being able to heat up cold coffee anywhere, no need for thermos flasks

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

It basically means it works kind of like Scary Monsters in that Jobin needs to, basically, physically touch something to affect it, and he probably isn't gonna be Ora Ora ing

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Soooooo

Heating something up to roundabout 70° by swiping it within 10 centimeters.

I have a feeling there's some hidden physics fuckery hidden in this ability that makes it utterly insane. Valentine was rather simple too, and look what he got up to...

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
It's pretty jojo to have a deceptively simple ability that can do totally ridiculous stuff. I think Araki thinks of a cool ability, and then works backwards to make it seem physically possible.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If Joubin is the final boss, this will be the first time a JoJo was a big bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Both Jonathans were big bads.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I forgot parts 1 and 7 were through the villain's perspective, my bad.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Part 3 is kind of the same case, though Jotaro was only a supporting character.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nothing's confirmed yet but things definitely are pointing towards SPEED KING being a main antagonist stand. most of what's missing is a motive for joubin to be actively hostile.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jobin is a just a friendly guy who likes to lick eyeballs, I don't know what's so menacing about him.

We haven't seen Hato's Stand yet and I really hope it's like the King Crimson of this universe, just stupidly over powered.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

nothing's confirmed yet but things definitely are pointing towards SPEED KING being a main antagonist stand. most of what's missing is a motive for joubin to be actively hostile.

Jobin seems to be the kingpin of the Rokakaka dealing ring and there's surely more than meets the eye to those.

JJL 45 spoilers here from the translation of cam shots:
The Rokakaka has been explicitly confirmed as Kira's goal now, he also had one at I believe Josefumi's house and Karera knows about them too and brings them up. The guy in charge of these things is a bad, bad beetle loving man.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - JoJolion: The Big Bad is a Hot Dad

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I thought she had watched JoJo, she watches anime.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Every Boston terrier is now known as an Iggy dog, much like how collies are Lassie dogs :woof:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
If Boston terriers don't actually grab your face and fart on it, there is no justice in this world.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay so I played the Eyes of Heaven demo and surprise, the game is still bad. Movement still feels like butt, actual attacks don't feel meaty enough and even doing combos feels weird since it's just effectively one combo, but you cancel into it like three times or do it off of wall stick. N'Doul moves the slowest out of the entire cast, but I take back what I said about him being rear end. He's actually a really good support character if you can keep him defended decently enough. That being said, this has no option for 4-player multiplayer, it's just one-on-one multiplayer with cpu partners. So if you choose certain partners, their AI will scale to what their gimmick is. Basically that just means you choose N'Doul because he's the only one that's going to actually do what you want him to do and everyone else who is almost brain dead stupid. I'd imagine that in 4-player multiplayer this would be very different, but I don't know yet since for some reason CC2 hasn't actually mentioned whether that's in the game or not.

Jonathan moves the slowest of any characters who don't have some disability, I guess they wanted to make him the tank, but damage is not good in this game so that's just weird. His movements are really slow too and even though you can stun opponents mid combo for more combo shenanigans, your hamon attacks have so much startup that anything in the vicinity can stop you very easily. Jotaro is more of the same, but his air suck is stupid good and he has time stop now which lets him get free super moves. It takes a million years to charge up, but once you get it you're pretty much guaranteed a super. Kakyoin has a lot of field traps and projectile moves and can navigate across the land pretty easily. So if you have a competent Kakyoin, he'd probably be a good counter for N'Doul. Dio's more of the same as he was in ASB, but now he has an air combo, what a miracle. He can freeze mid combo and has a launcher that leads directly into him following the opponent for easy damage and drains health. Kars has two different modes, I still don't know why it's not like there's a point to having light mode. It's not like it adds strategy to give him two modes, because all you're really choosing between is damage potential (Which there is a lot of in light mode) or freedom of movement in Ultimate (It actually feels like good movement and it's a drat crime this is locked to one character). N'Doul's decent support and has a few moves to protect himself, but if you let the opponent get near him and don't stop them they will overwhelm him.

They changed some of the systems, mostly for the better. The team special mode increases speed, damage, and lowers recovery on specials while also giving you the slowdown from the original demo if you both hit with specials at the same time. You now have ex versions of certain moves which have different properties of course and are located on the triggers. There are unique moves attached to the R1 Buttton. Jonathan has breathing to increase hamon potency, Dio has draining, Kars has light mode (Regular) and flight (Ultimate), Jotaro has time stop, Kakyoin has emerald splash traps, and N'Doul has Geb mode. The amount of cooldown on using these moves varies between characters, N'Doul's being the shortest and Jotaro's being the longest. It's a pretty decent way to diversify characters a bit more, but poo poo like Dio's drain just seems downright useless and Jotaro's timestop is only really good for guaranteeing supers as it is real time seconds and not JoJo seocnds.

A thing that CC2 did with the game that I hate when any game does is when they have a timer that starts at 99 and then counts down at its own pace and not in actual real-time seconds. It's loving obnoxious as poo poo not knowing how much actual time is left in the match and it's especially dumb that they couldn't just tack on extra counts and make it real-time seconds. ASB did this poo poo too and it's loving awful. On the subject of awful, the online play in this game has been pretty dumb so far. Everyone I have played has quit once I killed their partner which was always N'Doul. There are so many DCers and it's really weird for a loving demo. Also something I learned is that furniture is really good and a team of N'Doul and Jotaro might just be the best team with CPU teammates.

Overall, the demo is actually pretty improved aside from a few things. It's still a bad game and still feels like poop, I don't why the gently caress anyone told them to increase health when that was the last thing the game needed, but they shouldn't have done it. However, I will put more credit towards this game than ASB for fanservice poo poo I was actually interested in seeing. There is actually quite a bit of unique character dialogue between fights and whatnot. If you pair Jonathan and Dio together, they have intro, mid-fight, and victory banter. It's pretty drat good. If you have Jonathan or Dio fight Kars, they actually will have unique dialogue against him. The same goes for Jotaro teaming up with Jonathan and Jotaro and Kakyoin fighting N'Doul. I am a huge sucker for unique dialogue that isn't just lines ripped from a series and am very happy to see this game is probably going to have a lot of that. There's also going to be a unique story mode for this game headed by Araki and won't have paid DLC, so I'm willing to put it on a higher pedestal than ASB should that turn out well. It being CC2 though, I am not holding my breath.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh also, I forgot to mention my biggest complaint. The game has awful sound direction. I already did not like most of the voice-acting in ASB, the sound effects, or the loving lovely announcer they got to say "Round start" and whatnot. Not only did they bring all of those things back aside from a bit of the voice actors of course, they loving have the voice clips coming out of your controller, ALL OF THE TIME. You cannot shut this off in the demo. I would hope this is something they'll add into the full game or else this is going to get be the worst thing ever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That sound from the DS4 thing is the worst thing. I had to hard mute my DS4 via the PS button. I mostly agree with your impressions again though.

I didn't feel a huge issue with the movement but navigating the Cairo map sucks rear end and I've lost poo poo loads of health before falling because of it. I think part of that might be me and having lovely depth perception in these sorts of games at times though.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Eyes of Heaven wins points just for having Jonathan call out Cars for creating the stone mask.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I actually liked the Eyes of Heaven demo, I was surprised at how good it was. I only played as Kars though.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I must be dumb cuts I played the demo at a friends’ place and neither of us could figure out how to go Ultimate Kars. What buttons do I press to turn into a beautiful bird tentacle squirrel vampire?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tutorials: USELESS

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CodfishCartographer posted:

I must be dumb cuts I played the demo at a friends’ place and neither of us could figure out how to go Ultimate Kars. What buttons do I press to turn into a beautiful bird tentacle squirrel vampire?

Hold L1 and Press O

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So the best Jojo game is still Seventh Stand user?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

So the best Jojo game is still Seventh Stand user?

The best Jojo game will forever be Seventh Stand User until someone makes a similar game based on Part 4.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will probably never play Seventh Stand User, because I just cannot muster up the ability to care about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I will probably never play Seventh Stand User, because I just cannot muster up the ability to care about it.

Thats fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want to like it but i violently break out in hives if i try to play a jrpg, so that's probably more of a personal issue