Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

They should have had Alduin be some crazy dragon priest with his dragon and you can fight each other on the backs of your respective dragons and crib from Dance of Dragons where one dude jumps off his dragon and impales the other dude before landing on the other dragon.

They should have ripped off the dragon based combat from Drakan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Bholder posted:

If it would be like the Levitation was in Morrowind, it would be awful.

that is true, but i like to believe they could have come up with a better implementation of in-game flight than their previous attempt that came out like 12 years prior if they really wanted to

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

homeless poster posted:

that is true, but i like to believe they could have come up with a better implementation of in-game flight than their previous attempt that came out like 12 years prior if they really wanted to

Considering how flying works with console commands, and overall how flying works in most First Person Games, not really.

Only hope would be if they rip off one of those 3D Dragon Ball fighting games or some of those Super Robot games, they tend to have enjoyable fighting, but that is a completely different feel than what Skyrim is supposed to be.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
New video, couple of seconds of new footage (robot with a chef hat) and some interesting details about the weather system. (RAD STORMS HO!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty2hU0Y7kAg

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

yo this game really looks like a turd why is it a fps now

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

7c Nickel posted:

New video, couple of seconds of new footage (robot with a chef hat) and some interesting details about the weather system. (RAD STORMS HO!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty2hU0Y7kAg

Todd just can't stop talking about all those blinking lights. Oh, cut the fancy schmansy lead dev act, will ya? We all got our blinking lights, knobs and buttons to deal with, Howard. I mean at my table there are here are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!

But I guess making actual blue sky and soup kitchens and maybe a more lived in city would be nice if its noticeably used.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm gonna be controversial again and say Todd Howard is cool.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Dongicus posted:

yo this game really looks like a turd why is it a fps now

Is this a post from when Fallout 3 came out?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Getting ready to play Fallout, what is the best patch to dl to remove the censoring in the GOG version?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

JoshTheStampede posted:

Is this a post from when Fallout 3 came out?

its super gay how they looked at the incredible quest design of the last game and thought "man u know what would be cool? friggen gun customization and the mass effect dialogue wheel voiced by Troy Baker"

all my money le todd howard!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dongicus posted:

its super gay how they looked at the incredible quest design of the last game and thought "man u know what would be cool? friggen gun customization and the mass effect dialogue wheel voiced by Troy Baker"

It looks bad.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It looks like they're aiming for towns (or at least that one town) to have an NPC count similar to what the NPC increasers of past games added.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

actually the gun customization is a really good and cool idea and lol at you if you complain about it.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Dongicus posted:

:getout:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i try to be positive when looking at new games coming out but there's literally nothing in this that warrants the sheer amount of attention its getting online

Man Whore posted:

actually the gun customization is a really good and cool idea and lol at you if you complain about it.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain is going to do it better anyway.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You guys do know what this means right?

Finally, we might get "Darker X" mods that don't just put a dark filter on your screen!

Crabtree posted:

Todd just can't stop talking about all those blinking lights. Oh, cut the fancy schmansy lead dev act, will ya? We all got our blinking lights, knobs and buttons to deal with, Howard. I mean at my table there are here are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!

But I guess making actual blue sky and soup kitchens and maybe a more lived in city would be nice if its noticeably used.

At least he is not talking about meat.

Dongicus posted:

All of this was in that last game.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dongicus posted:

i try to be positive when looking at new games coming out but there's literally nothing in this that warrants the sheer amount of attention its getting online

I hope you enjoy playing MGSV: The Phantom Pain

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's true, I don't want characters voiced by Troy Baker, flashing lights or gun customization so that is why I'm playing Phantom Pain.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Dongicus posted:

And something past MGSV is going to do it better than that, even, so the joke is really on you all along.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yea responding to someone obviously baiting people with exactly what they want is good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish they wouldn't have decided not to put quests in the game. it looks nice but i'm scared of guns and buildings so there isn't a lot in it for me

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

well the idea is that they are taking a franchise and stripping away the things that make it good

nobody looks at fallout and thinks "this needs voiced dialogue and more dungeons like Skyrim SKeleton dungeon #218. lol who cares about an amazing main quest that adapts to all the choices you make in interesting and non-linear ways."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dongicus posted:

I wish you'd make like Metal Gear Solid V and be Quiet.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dongicus posted:

well the idea is that they are taking a franchise and stripping away the things that make it good

nobody looks at fallout and thinks "this needs voiced dialogue and more dungeons like Skyrim SKeleton dungeon #218. lol who cares about an amazing main quest that adapts to all the choices you make in interesting and non-linear ways."

Go back to 2008

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

they made the only good fallout game in 2010, actually.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dongicus posted:

That is unfair, because Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is going to be the greatest video game ever released.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I believe in Todd Howard

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Alain Post posted:

That is unfair, because Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is going to be the greatest video game ever released.

that's a win

frajaq posted:

I believe in Todd Howard

that's a fail

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dongicus posted:

If you have bad taste in video games.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dongicus posted:

Your not wrong, the more I see of this game the more dissapointed I get. I will give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt and watch a lets play before judging the game too harshly, they deserve that much. Bethesda hasn't reached Blizzard levels of sell-out crap yet....I hope.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Dongicus posted:

Fallout 1 and 2 were pretty good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bethesda's last three games were Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Oblivion. Hmm, that's three bad games in a row. Not sure they've "got it" anymore to be honest.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Bethesda's last three games were Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Oblivion. Hmm, that's three bad games in a row. Not sure they've "got it" anymore to be honest.

You forgot to include Morrowind.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Man Whore posted:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Consoles killed the Fallout franchise with their popularity among casual gamers and it's because of controllers with four buttons that the dialogue is dumbed down.

You can also blame Skyrim for being popular, mainstream and for making Bethesda well known and thus making them dumb down the Fallout series for their new audience.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

frajaq posted:

Consoles killed the Fallout franchise with their popularity among casual gamers and it's because of controllers with four buttons that the dialogue is dumbed down.

You can also blame Skyrim for being popular, mainstream and for making Bethesda well known and thus making them dumb down the Fallout series for their new audience.

Also, I swear I heard a console mutter something anti-Semitic once.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bholder posted:

drat. Seems like Bethesda are crap rear end developers.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Actually, the game that made Bethesda popular was Morrowind, so if anything ruined Bethesda it was Morrowind.

Alain Post posted:

drat. Seems like Bethesda are crap rear end developers.

You learn fast

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

new vegas proved you could have a non dumbed down "you see that mountain? you can go there!" console rpg

Bholder posted:

todd howard wasn't involved with Morrowind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Todd Howard has been involved in every Elder Scrolls release since Daggerfall.

e: here's an interview with him from 2000: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2000/06/09/elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-interview

• Locked thread